STS Fit Chicks!

hrcfitness

Cathlete
Thought I'd get this going today....it was a Cardio day. I did 4.5 mile run. Cathe had down for us to do IMAX...I'm not a great step person, so I did a run instead. Have a great day ladies....oh wait I have a question for all of you that are going to do STS Day 2 tommorow....I don't have anything that I can use for the Chin-ups and Pull-ups....any thoughts on what I should do instead???
thanks ladies
Elena

Hi ladies!! I did Disc 1 last night. OMG all those push ups!! My arms are sore this morning! I need to do cardio today..not sure what yet.
Elena I am also wondering about pull ups...

Tracy

Hi Elena and Tracy! Surprisingly I'm not sore from yesterdays pushups. Maybe because I did so many on my knees? Also, I was quite tired yesterday so I think I didn't give it my all. I did do IM2 today as that is one of my favorite cardios.:)

Elena, I don't have the equipment for pullups or chinups either. Someone had posted on the STS form about this and I am waiting to read some answers. So, i don't knwo what I will do instead.

Tracy, I vote for IM2! :):):)

Last edited:
Good morning everyone!! Today was cardio day so I did a 30 min. program on the arc trainer and then jogged on the treadmill for 20 min.

Tracy-I'm feeling sore from all the push-ups too! I only did about half of what Cathe did.

Elena-I'm not a step person either. Just ask Liann!;)

Phyllis-I'm glad you enjoyed Imax 2!!

Mornin' Everybody :D!

My shoulders/upper back are a little stiff today, but nothing too bad. I suspect the pushups as well. My DOMs don't normally kick in for about a full 24 hours, so I may be feelin' it later today. Hopefully not. I am off to do RS for my cardio. I know Cathe suggested IMAX2, but I just did that one this past weekend. I love it, but not today. I haven't done RS in a while, and it is always fun, so that is the pick. Off to get steppin'

A wonderful day to all,

Nan

'Morning ladies! Thanks for starting this Elena! I'm not a morning person! ;)

I was all geared up to start last night and then DH talked me into starting today instead. He liked my original idea of starting on Tuesday, so we only had to work out Tuesday and Thursday during the week. I agreed pretty quickly because I had a killer headache last night. So, I have about a million push-ups waiting for me when I get home tonight! ;)

Elena/Tracy - Do either of you have tubing or a band? If you do, you can probably rig something up with a door where the middle of the band or tube is knotted and closed in the top of the door. Then hold each end in each hand, keep you body straight and lean back with you arms in the pull up or chin up position. Then use the band to pull yourself forward - if that makes ANY sense at all. I did that before I had my pull up bar - I got a really cool one that just attached to a wood beam, so it's down in my basement. If you happened to have a bench press or squat rack, you can use it just like Cathe's pull up tower that hasn't come out yet. I have a feeling I will be doing that since there's no way I can eek out even one real pull-up on my actual bar (I'm a chin-up girl).

Phyllis - Have fun with Imax2! I have that one scheduled for this weekend. :)

Beth - Come on, you're not THAT bad at step! ;)

Nan - Maybe I'll schedule RS for next week. Hey Beth, you know you want to add that on to your schedule!!!

Good morning everyone. I am a little sore from disk 1 yesterday. I guess it is from all those push-ups. I have to confess I didn't do all the push-ups either. I did about half of them on my knees.

Well off to do Imax 2 even though I still feel a little tired.

I have both tubing and bands I am thinking about buying cathe's tubing with the door hook

Beth/barbara I did most of the push ups from my knees! I did not even attempt the bootcamp or staggered....I am not ready for them yet!!

Phyllis I love Imax2 I will have to see how much energy I have later!!

Liann I also like only working out two days during the week I think I may switch next week!

Nan Love RS have a great workout!!

Tracy

Good morning, I did disk 1 this morning; I used 15 lbs weights for most exercises and 10 lbs for others(dumbell);I used 18lbs for barbell exercises.

I missed a few reps and wasn’t able to complete all of the push ups; overall I had a good workout and if I could just maintain what I did today I would expect to see measurable results in 4 weeks. I hope to come back tonight and do a little cardio.

I have to say that I am grateful that I have a dedicated space to workout in because between the dumbbells, barbells, bench (step) risers, mat and stability ball, I had stuff all over the place! ;)

Question of the day: How many of you have enough fitness equiptment to charge membership? I DO!! :eek:

Good morning!

I did Meso 1, Disk 2 last night. I LOVED IT!! I love how she alternates between body parts instead of frying one and then moving on to the next.

My upper body is a bit stiff this morning which ensures some serious DOMS tomorrow!! I'm excited!!

I still haven't decided on my cardio option for tonight. I will check in on this thread throughout the day to get ideas...

Today is my scheduled rest day, I did get my STS yesterday!!!! I now understand why you didn't like the packaging, I was disappointed wiht the cardboard covers too!

I plan to play with plyo legs and ab circuits tomorrow and then start my official rotation (3 1/2 mths) on Monday.

Phatfitness...LOL about charging for membership! I just ordered a spin bike to add to my growing collection of fitness stuff....DH just :rolleyes: at all my stuff, he doesn't get that we need VARIETY! He's happy enough kettlebelling all the time.....

Morning!

You guys are scaring me! I am not looking forward to all the pushups. I've been debating whether to start today or next Monday. I'm kinda anal about having a M,W,F schedule but I would only be off this week. I think today is the day.....call 911 if I don't check back in later:confused:

Judi

Morning everyone,
Today I did Meso 1 – Disc 1 (chest/shoulders/biceps) + no-equipment abs from Ab Circuits. What great workouts! I felt like the pace was perfect and the variety made the workout move along pretty fast. I did some 1 rep tests but need to up my weights on some exercises next week. I went conservative and when my workout card said “11 pounds” I used a 10 lb. and should have used a 12 lb. instead. I’m doing each week twice so I made notes and should have it down for next week.

How about using Cathe’s green band wrapped around something and doing a seated back press in place of the pull downs or pull ups? I bought a band with handles that had a door attachment at Kmart a couple of years ago for a pretty good price too. That would give you another option.

Oh, on the question about equipment…..I have a ton! I could probably charge a membership fee, lol (treadmill, elliptical, spin bike, bench/squat rack, dumbbell rack, powerblocks, etc).

Kathy

I could definitely charge membership!!! ;) I started with a recumbent bike. Now, I have a recumbent bike, squat rack/weight bench, treadmill, and all my other equipment - 3 different steps, bosu, etc..... I have more stuff than room unfortunately. I finally freed up some space though by getting a small flat screen tv and mounting it up on a beam in the workout room. I put a shelf up next to it with my DVD player. Now, I have more room for actually working out and I don't have to worry about kicking in the screen. ;) Now if I can just avoid kicking in the Guinea pig pen that's sits to the side of my workout room, all will be well. (The pigs run into their hide when I turn on Cathe!)

Morning ladies!

I did Disc 2 today....have to say I did not feel Disc 1 until this morning not a lot but enough for my muscle to talk to me. I am convinced it was all those push-up.

Really like Disc 2 and then I did the Abs witht he weight and plates. WOW... the plates look easy but they sure are not.

Have a wonderful day everyone.

Therese

Good Morning Everyone!

Just a quick hello to everyone - I am really busy at work today. This morning I did Tracey Staehle's HISM instead of Imax 2. I am really disappointed the pull up bar is not ready so I guess I will have to modify this week.

I have enough equipment for me but I am not sure if I could charge a membership fee. I guess I could be one of those gyms that you can supplement with your own equipment. There is a small gym near me and I see everyone brings their own balls and mats. I don't think I would be very motivated to bring that to every class.

Hi All, I also did disc 1 yesterday. I thought it was great. Did anyone else have to take extended breaks. Although I could lift the weights and felt my muscles really working by the last few reps, I became pretty breathless and my heart rate would go up. I am not sore at all, but I definitely felt like I was working hard.

I did Imax 2 and abs no weights. Thanks for starting this thread. This will definitely motivate me to keep going. We will all have nice firm tight bods by bikini season. (My body hasn't seen a bikini in 20 years, but I'm hopeful)

Good morning!

I have DOMS from yesterday's workout!
I'm very pleased I have bicep DOMS. I rarely get those, so I feel really good about my aches and pains this morning:p

I just finished breakfast and previewing Plyo legs disc 26. I've decided to add plyo into my rotation. I need the extra lower body work.
I plan to hit the workout in about a few hours. Wish me luck- it looks HARD!!!:eek:

Question of the day. Yes, I could charge a membership fee. DH and spent 10 years adding equipment to our gym. We splurged on one large piece each year until our gym was full. I even own a leg press machine, my favorite piece of equipment. :cool:
What's really sad, I have my eye on my son's bedroom. When he moves out(if he ever moves out:p) I want to move the cardio equipment in his room and add more to my weight room!
Goodness, I'll never downsize.:rolleyes:

Hello again!

Answer of the day - I am close to being able to charge membership. If/when I get my squat rack, THEN I can charge! However, I don't think I have a place to put it. I did some reorganizing a couple wks ago an cleared up some floor space. However, now my DB's are lined up on my 1 free wall, so I will have to move them when the wall squats come up. I think I remember seeing them in the You Tube clips. DH seems to think I have more than enough stuff, but you can never have enough toys!

I have a pull up bar, its sitting on the floor, DH hasn't put it up yet. I suppose I could do it, but I can't find the drill. And he gets a panicky look when I ask where the drill is. I think I'm going to go with the band pull down method as well. I have a spot I can hang the band over. Plus, last try I can't DO a pull up, anyway. Although, I do know the effort counts for something. My problem is I can't figure out the "how" of the pullup. I know the motion is supposed to come from my back, but I can't seem to get the motion out of my arms and into my back. My body seems to have confusion. I know what I want it to do, but can't get the motion down. Maybe the band pull downs will help, and I'll work up to it.

Now I am getting a bit sore, the DOMS are kicking in. Especially in my rib cage. I think thats the yoga abs talking to me. I think DOMS should stand for Dang Ow Moving Sucks. I suppose since I am at work I should be working. Gotta motor!

Nan

Last edited:
Hey .. I did my own version of disc 1 .. have not done my 1 RMS yet .. so I now know why it is important to do them .. I have DOMS in my shoulders and pecs! :) I have a shoulder injury and the doc has not released me to do pushups yet .. soooooo I kinda did a sneek attack at them .. all on my knees all the reps .. except on the staggard pushups .. the injured shoulder is not going to let me do one side .. (maybe the doc wont fuss too much)

Today is a light walk/run and STS pilate abs at lunch
Tonight's class: Step circuit w/focus on LB
Tommorrow Disc 2 (tris and back)

I am in the minority .. I kinda like the packaging! I am not sure if it will "stand the test of time" much less my gym bag .. but I thought it was ok .. I am sure later on I will get something else to keep them in!

Have a great day!!:D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.