STS fit chicks 04/22

spyrosmom

Cathlete
Happy Weds!!! We are halfway to Friday. Yay!!!

Tonight will be #29, the 2nd plyo legs disc. Probably not til late. DS has a book club at school he wants us to go to tonight from 6-7. So I prob won't get started til about 7:30. Printed my workout card, not sure what a "Squat thrust and jump onto box and step off" is, but it sounds like the Spanish inquisition torture to me.:p The "explosive running man" sounds fun though, if a bit goofy.

Its still early, but what have I learned today? Starbucks venti iced coffe has 120 cals?!?!?!? WTF???? According to the Daily Plate and the Starbucks site. It says its "lightly sweetened" but I always get unsweet bc the guy always asks. I didn't see an option for unsweet. I would think unsweet is just plain coffee over ice. I guess I was wrong. Bummer. So much for my cal free icy cold coffee beverage. No more of that.

And what did I learn yesterday? You can't microwave socks with metallic stitching on them. I have a microwave heating pad that works wonders, and my feet were cold last night, so I though I could microwave my chenile fluffy slipper socks for a few (20) secs to warm them up. I forgot they had hearts stitched on them in silver metallic thread. I burnt my socks:confused::confused: What a smell!!! Note to self, don't put socks in the microwave!!!

Well, I am at work, and it is about time to get working,
Nan

Hey Nan and all who follow! Happy Hump Day!
Yesterday was Disc 28 and DH and I finished it with our heaviest weight EVER! I am so proud of us! :) (BEAMING)
I am in awe of those of you who CHOSE plyo legs! :) We have been sticking to Squat Rack Legs. DH asked me what all of you thought of Plyo and I explained that it sounds like sheer torture! He laughed! I guess when we do another round of STS, I will have to MAKE us do plyo rather than the Squat Rack Legs. :)
ROFL about the sock incident! :)
Today we have 4DS Kickbox and Abs. It will be good to have a workout under an hour for a change! Spring/Summer is SO busy! :)
Ta Ta Ladies

Nan, thanks for passing along the good information. I guess I don't feel quite so bad about the closing of the local starbucks.... I have been saving calories since they shuttered the doors! What did you do about the toasted socks smell??
The squat thrust step thingie is challenging but very fun to do. i loved the explosive running man, it is kind of like a dynamic knee lift off the edge of the step. That is a move I will do as a drill in my Friday morning step class because it is easy and gets the heartrate right up there.
Plyo leg workouts have been fun. I have had to modify a thing or two toward the end of the workout because I ran out of gas, but I am really enjoyng the discs. i am also doing squat rack legs and after doing it at home for the first week, I am heading to the gym for the rest of the meso for these workouts because I know I can squat heavier and deeper using the gym equipment. I'll just have to muscle my way past the guys and show them what a Cathe leg workout is all about!!
Brenda in Indiana

Hey Nan, Melissa, and Brenda

Well I ran 20 minutes on the treadmill this morning in the hotel...but that was it...I just not a morning exercise unless I have been up for a good hour and lots of coffee in me :p. Want to do 4DS kickbox but will depend what time I get home from my DS baseball game tonight.

Nan - too funny on those sock :p

Melissa - Plyos are torture but the good kind ;)

Brenda - go show those guys how Cathe squats are done :D

Happy Hump Day...looking forward to what is shaping up to be a fantastic weekend weather wise.

Therese

Quickly want to say, I did DISC 29 PLYO LEGS, and liked it SO much better than last week's! And it kicked my butt!!!! More than once!! The Plyo's were so much better with the Step!!

Enjoy, girls!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.