STS - chicks Friday Feb 6th

looking good

Cathlete
Good Morning ladies!

Well I am feeling disc 3 today in a good Way :D.

Today will be drill max for me! For all those doing Disc 3 today it went so fast for me that I was surprised I was done..Enjoy it

Therese

I loved, loved, loved disc 3!:) The paper plate stuff was awesome. I WAS dreading it a little, but wow, what a surprise! Yes, the time flew by! Now, tomorrow I might be singing a different tune.;)

Thanks for getting me excited about Disc 3!! that's whats in store for me today.... And I wasn't sure how to feel about it! :eek:

Oh I can't wait to do disc 3 now. I just hope that the paper plates will work on my mats. I'll let you know. Well off to to disk 3. I'll check back later.

Goodmorning ladies!!! Everyone is already so ahead of me! I will be doing Disc 2 tomorrow and Disc 3 on Sunday. I know we are supposed to have a day in between, but this is where life interrupts the schedule. I have a birthday party to go to tonight after work, so no work out tonight. I don't think there should be a problem working back and tris one night though and legs the next do you?

It sounds like disc 3 will be fun, I look forward to doing it tomorrow. Today is a cardio day for me.... I teach an advanced step + Upper body weights and Abs on Friday mornings. I will definitely go lighter on my weight selection in classes while going through STS.
Brenda

Can I butt in? LOL!! I am thinking to start my 1 RM today. I was wondering if any of you lovely ladies had any tips/advise on how to proceed. Maybe what did or didn't seem to work for you. I've got the chart printed and I've been previewing the w/o. How long did it take you to finish. I know I need to do this in multiple days but would like to make it as streamline as possible. Thanks

Good morning ladies!!

I am all set for Disc 3 today...I am home with my sick baby today so I get to workout early today!! I am excited. So as soon as he goes down for his nap, it's torture I mean workout time for me!
Thanks Barbara you reminded me that I need to get paper plates
Check back after......
Tracy

Morning everybody!:D

Today will be disc 3 and Weights and Plates Abs. I may never look at a paper plate the same way again;) I get off work early today at 12:30. Yay!!! That means I can start early today, but it also means I have to work tomorrow morning. Boo!!! I printed my workout card for todays workout - I think I will be feeling this tomorrow morning.

The weather has taken an upturn, its supposed to be 40 today, 50 tomorrow, and in the upper 30s/lower 40s for about a week. Its our annual Feb warm spell in Chicagoland. My sneakers are itching for a run. I got a new pair of running shoes about a month ago, and so far all they've seen is in the elliptical to get them broken in a bit. I was thinking of adding in a short run today after disc 3, just because it is so nice out, but looking at this workout card, I'm thinking I might be nuts:rolleyes: Perhaps I will just take my dogger for a walk, I'm sure he'll enjoy it, and he hasn't gotten too many walks with the weather the way its been. I'm tired of playing fetch ball in the living room.

Well, happy day to all, and I'll report back after disc 3.

Nan

Good morning everyone. Hope everyone is having a happy Friday. I just got finish with legs disk 3 and I really had a hard time. My legs are not strong. I had a hard time with wall squats because I really don't have a wall but use the pole. I also had a hard time with one leg elevated lunges which I know If I keep at it I will get better. I have to say I did feel the burn through leg routine and it was fun.

I forgot to add I didn't have any trouble with the paper plates. I have to work on that to and try to go deeper each time.

Good Morning ladies!

Well I am feeling disc 3 today in a good Way :D.

Today will be drill max for me! For all those doing Disc 3 today it went so fast for me that I was surprised I was done..Enjoy it

Therese

Therese-My butt feels disc 3 today!!! I did that one yesterday. I was also surprised when it was over.

I had a hard time with the paper plates. I bought discs for my rug. It was so hard for them to slide, so I tried paper plates. My plates didn't slide easy either. (is there a better type of plate to use than another?) I couldn't use any weight, I had such a hard time getting my leg back to the start, especially on those side lunges. I am going to see if I can get a piece of paneling to slide on. Anyone else have a problem with these? I'm not sure if it was because I wasn't used to the move or the type of rug I have. But on the RT, even though I couldn't use weight, I don't remember actually having a problem with moving the rag.

I also did med ball abs. On sunday I did them with a 4lb ball and found them easy. So I bought an 8 and 10 lbs balls. What a difference a few lbs make!!!

chrissy

Good Morning!

Well last night was Imax2 and DH and I survived. He has major DOMS "everywhere" from Disc 1 the night before. I have some soreness in between my shoulder blades.
Tonight we are on to Disc 2. I want to make sure we get an early start so we don't miss out on Friday Night Fights on ESPN2. Boxing is our FAVE! Teddy Atlas is one of my heros and I very rarely miss him.
It is supposed to be snowy here all weekend, so I think we will have to snuggle down and rub BenGay on each other. LOL!

Happy Friday! TGIF, eh?

I just finished disc 3! I was sore from Plyo Tuesday so I went a little lighter with weights.
I modified wall squats. I did them without the ball between me and the wall. I also kept the weights in the second round in my hand. My hamstrings were too sore and tight to go that deep.
I also modified lunge kicks. Instead of a forward lunge- kick, I did a back lunge, and followed through with a front kick. I have problems with balance on forward lunges. I have more control with back lunges for some reason.

It's a fantastic workout and I was surprised when she said we were finished:)
I LOVED the bonus round!! Serious glute burn:eek:

I've decided to do a 5 month rotation repeating each week before I move on. That will give me a firm STS body for my 47th bday in August;)

Catherine,

DH and I did ours over the course of a weekend and it seemed to work fabulously. One person would be the coach and call out the exercise and proper form while the other did it. The "coach" wrote down the reps and weights. So far our numbers have been perfect. HTH!

Can I butt in? LOL!! I am thinking to start my 1 RM today. I was wondering if any of you lovely ladies had any tips/advise on how to proceed. Maybe what did or didn't seem to work for you. I've got the chart printed and I've been previewing the w/o. How long did it take you to finish. I know I need to do this in multiple days but would like to make it as streamline as possible. Thanks

Chrissy,

What sliding disc are you using?
I have valslides and they move smooth across my carpet. I have the typical commercial carpet you see in gyms in my home gym. My valslides are almost too slippery.

I did Disc 2 yesterday and am surprised I don't have major DOMS. I hit failure a number of times and really felt worked out....weird:confused: Today is KPC and tomorrow is Disc 3.

Catherine, I did my testing in a circuit like fashion alternating between muscle groups starting with the highest rated exercises and working my way down.

For example, I would do chest/bench press, back/1 arm rows, shoulders/overhead press, biceps/ bb curls, triceps/overhead extension and then cycle thru the muscles groups again doing different exercises. I only got through 5 rounds per session because fatigue was setting in after lifting so heavy. It took me about a week to finish UB and I only tested the few leg exercises that used the squat rack. HTH-

Judi

Thanks Judi and Melissa. I just finishd doing a push-pull type circuit. I did almost all of the 4 &5 stars for the chest and back. I think that is enough for now LOL!! If I am not too sore later, I may try some of the smaller muscle groups.

Morning!
Today I ran 5 miles using a new MP3 I downloaded from Candace Grasso's website called Run Fit. It was pretty good (I liked Candace more than the music, lol). If any of you have any iTread's, I'd put it at about that level (still not as good as a Cardio Coach). ;)

I did BFL last year so alot of the 1 Rep maxes I put in there was from my log books. I still haven't done all the 1 Rep maxes (and I'm not sure I'll get around to it). But since I'm doing the longer rotation, I think it'll give me more of an opportunity to do it along the way.

Kathy

Hey Chrissy,

After the Scramble of Drill Max today my legs are like jello! :eek:..

I bought the furniture sliders instead of using paper plates. They are the bigger ones and they move wonderful on the carpet. You can pick them up cheap in either Walmart, Home Depot, or Lowes. If you are lucky to have a Christmas Tree Store near by you they are even cheaper there.

Have a great day Ladies! TGIF

Therese

Disc 3 was crazy, huh? SOOO many different moves. I loved the fact that the exercises aren't so drawn out. get in, get OUT!

I also had a hard time with some of the moves. The wall squats with weights was very hard for me. It was SO hard getting up from that low! And it bothered my knees a bit too. And the lunge into a kick, my balance was wacky and I couldn't do that with great form.

I used a Frisbee on carpet and it worked out great! I loved all those moves...so cool!

Catherine: I did my 1RM's over the course of a week. But I think it probably took me at the most 4 days. My first day I picked 2 groups (I think chest and biceps) and worked 90% of those. The second day I did Back and Triceps. The 3rd day, I did the ones I missed and very few legs. I'm just "winging it" on the legs. Which worked out fine for me today on Disc 3!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.