STS BODYROCKERS WEEK OF JULY 15TH

wiggie

Cathlete
Good morning All!!

Friday I did the warmup from Crossfire, then I changed my mind & did CCC. No need to comment on that one!! :p Saturday's workout was Pump Extreme & Flow. Flow is a 20 minute yoga workout that came with the set. Today(Sun) I did a workout from Mindy Mylrea's Short & Sweet dvd called Threshold Ladder, it"s a bike workout. It's 25 minutes long & it's kinda like a Tabata pyramid. I am going to do a yoga workout later.

Have a great day All!!

I came back to report my afternoon workouts: 35 minutes of Step 2 Success & Flow right afterward.

Last edited:
Good Afternoon Ladies.

Great work outs, Wiggie and thanks for getting the thread started for the week!

I did yoga only today...The Body Bliss Premix (50m) from my Body Electric DVD. :)

Have a great Sunday everyone!

BBL or ITAM!:cool:

Hi there ladies,

Wiggie - wow, great workouts this weekend! Great job on CCC, I admire the way you can switch gears after warming up - usually if I wasn't feeling the one I started with, I'd probably just end up doing nothing - so great job!! I'm not familiar with the other ones you did, but they sound like goodies too:)

Wendy - Hope you loved your yoga workout:)

I plan to do Afterburn tomorrow and get back into my rotation:) I did a bunch of house and yard work this weekend, so I did get some activity in, and I have been really eating clean. I plan to continue with the clean eating (at least for the most part ;) - don't want to feel deprived ) and hopefully, with that and the workouts, I'll see the results I want. I've never been very good at both, it seems one or the other (and usually it's the eating that does me in).

Hope you all have a great Sunday night!

Oh yeah, how could I forget! I preordered the XTrain series today too:) Pretty sure I don't "need" any more workouts, but.... you know, I just can't resist any Cathe workouts - I ordered the set without the bike one again, though it's a great deal with it (or without it). I saw another post where SNM said that there would be a Guide with this series, something like the book that came with STS it sounds like, I love that:)

Kris

Good Morning Girls. :)

Got the work out done early today b/c I have a super packed day ahead of me!

I did this lower body work out from Loving Fit :: Glam Booty Workout : @LovingFit

and the STS Extended Stretch. Just don't have the time to invest in yoga today...:(

Kris:: So how was Afterburn this morning? Congrats on your pre-order. I don't plan on pre-ordering this one but I can certainly share in the excitement of others who do!:)

BBL or tmrw!:cool:

Morning girls!

It's Monday. Thank goodness for coffee. :)

My weekend workout round-up is as follows:

Saturday: Cardio & Weights. I love that one! The step segments are relatively easy for me but the weights section burned! :D

Sunday: 4DS: Kickbox. LOVE!!!

Monday: 4DS: Higher Intensity Step + 4DS: Biceps/Triceps. I just didn't feel like doing the heavy chest/back work that usually follows the HIS step segment, so I quickly switched discs and did biceps/triceps instead. No matching Cathe on this one, lol! :eek: :p :rolleyes:

Lots of fun workouts this past weekend. :)

Wendy: Nice workout this morning! I love the name of that one. :) What fun activities do you have planned for today?

Kris: Nice job on the clean eating!! I'm the opposite of you - lots of exercise, not so much clean eating. :eek: :D YAY on pre-ordering! I haven't submitted my order yet, but i'm planning on ordering soon.

Wiggie: You switched from Crossfire to CCC? Yowza! :p ;) I still find CCC to be Cathe's hardest cardio workout. WTG girlie!

Katie:: Well today is DH's Birthday so I told him to pick what he wanted for dinner. This mean shopping for the ingredients and making it. I also need to shop for a gift for him. Last minute I know but I am always clueless as to what to get him and the more time I allow for shopping the crazier it makes me! :eek: In addition, I am supposed to be meeting another mom and her son at a spray park (think lots of sprinklers) this afternoon so the boys can play for a couple hours. Nice work outs you've been logging!

Good Morning Ladies. :)

Today's work out will be gym cardio, yoga...and house cleaning! :p

I can tell I worked lower body y'day but do not have any actual DOMS to speak of this morning...

That's all for now but I'll BBL for personals after some of you have posted...:cool:

Good morning All!!

Monday’s workout was HIIT 15 & Pump Challenge(20 min). My DD & GD came by so I only had time for a short workout after they left.

Kris, I often switch gears like that , I have started 2 or more workouts when I’m having trouble deciding on which one to do. Congrats on the preorder!! I’m going to pass this time, I just have so many..

Katie I agree with you, CCC is so hard!! I still have to do my rollbacks on a step, that’s the only wat I can get up & jump!! :eek:

Wendy, happy birthday to DH!! My Hubby’s b’day was July 6th. It is so hard to decide on a gift, I usually shop weeks in advance. I shop online most of the time.

I guess that’s all for now, have a great day Everyone!! :)

Morning beauties! :)

Today's workout was To The Max (substituting fitness tabata for the compound leg work). Wow, I was exhausted 1/2 way through the workout! I finally took it down a notch during the fitness tabata and core/upper body section (push-ups on my knees at a faster pace v. on my toes at a slower pace; 8# weights v. 10# weights). I still got a fantastic workout!!

Wendy: Wow, you did have a busy day yesterday! The spray park sounds like a blast!! I would love to go play at one. :D:p;) What did DH pick for dinner last night? Something yummy I hope. ;) This is random, but didn't you buy new shoes recently? If so, would you mind to share the brand and if you like them or not. I'm desperate for new shoes and I just can't decide what to get! :eek: :rolleyes: :)

Wiggie: Nice workout yesterday! I a short workout is better than no workout. ;) OMG those rollbacks in CCC are killers! It took me months to be able to finally get my big butt up off the ground (and frequently I still don't make it). LOL! :p ;)

Bridget: I hope you're enjoying your vacation! :)

Hi Kris!!

Hello Again Ladies. :)

My work out is done. 30 mins of gym cardio split between the stair climber and the tm courtesy of ITri #8 plus an hour of yoga-30m of BL Yoga for Weight Loss and the Quick Spirit Lift 30m premix from the Body Electric dvd. :)

Katie:: DH picked baked ziti with home made sauce and garlic bread for dinner last night. It was a lot of work but yummy! Great job with TTM this morning! I recently got new running shoes but my aerobic sneaks have been around a while. Which ones were you inquiring about?

Wiggie:: Nice work out! I was thinking of you when I was doing my Kundalini yoga this morning. Waiting anxiously for you to receive and try Bliss Hips. Your reaction could be interesting... ;) So for his Birthday I bought DH a set of wireless bluetooth enabled sport head phones he was looking at when we went to Costco over the weekend. Well I get home with the gift to find him home charging the same exact head phones!:eek: He got $ from my mom to buy whatever he wanted so on his way home from work he stopped and bought them! We probably missed running into eachother at Costco by no more then 20 mins!:rolleyes: We both got a good laugh out of it :p...and now I have to return the headphones and try again. I told him to give me an idea but good luck on that actually happening!:rolleyes::confused:

Ok, time for a shower, lunch and cleaning...BBL!:cool:

Hi there everyone,

Well, yesterday I stalled :eek: and didn't do Afterburn. But I did get back to it and got it done today - I love that one, tough, but time goes by fast for me :) Eating is still on track, so feeling pretty good all in all:)

Hi Wendy - too funny about you and DH buying the same present for him - great minds! Great workouts today - I was wondering about the results you're seeing from the yoga you've been doing - what do you think? You've really been consistent with it along with the other workouts, great job!

Hi Katie - Great job with TTM! I'll be subbing that one into my rotation again soon - love both those new workouts:) I ended up getting the Ryka Transpires, just got them in fact a couple days ago - got them in the Blue too like Cathe and crew. They are really comfortable, I think I'll be really happy with them:)

Hi Wiggie - Great workout! Way to get it in even when you're short on time, I'm not always very good about that :eek:

Hi Bridget!

Hope you all have a great evening!

Kris

Good Morning Girls. Happy Hump Day! ;)

Today's work out plan is this f/b LF work out - Crossfit Diva Workout : @LovingFit

and yoga for sure. Toying with a short cardio as well but not sure about that one yet...

So I gotta say that switching gears back to the short but intense work outs like BR/ZWOW/LF has definitely helped me to keep my appetite under control and I feel so much better physically! I think my body is no longer accepting of 6 straight days of the hour long grueling work out session (not including yoga ofcourse!). Before I switched back to BR style work outs, I was really starting to feel awful. :( Shortly after I made the switch, I felt better!:) This is not to say that I can't do an hour long work out but I guess I just need to break it up with shorter sessions in between and that's A-ok with me! :)

Kris:: Good job coming back and getting AB done! The yoga has definitely increased my flexibility, is helping me to improve my strength and endurance and is a God-send for my mental/emotional state! Weather or not it has made any outward physical changes to my body is hard to say b/c it's not the only work out I do but I will say that my weight is staying well under control and I am very pleased when I look in the mirror. I haven't lost any muscle definition at all. :)

BBL!:cool:

Last edited:
Good morning Ladies!! :)

Great workouts Katie!! & for the record, size 4 does not equal big butt!! :D

Wendy, I received my dvds yesterday(Tue). I was going to try Bliss Hips but it kept stopping so I did Sadie. I stopped after an hour. I was breathing hard & sweating throughout, I felt like I got a good workout. I am going to clean the BH dvd today to see if that helps. I didn’t want to take the time yesterday because it would cut into my workout time. So funny about you & DH.!! :p At least you do know what he likes! :D

Kris, I love Afterburn too!! WTG on the clean eating, I’m kinda off & on when it comes to that! :eek:

Have fun Bridget!!

Have a great day All!!

Morning ladies!

Today's workout was 4DS: Chest/Back weight work + Shoulders + Calves + Core. I wasn't feeling cardio after TTM yesterday, so I just concentrated this morning on weight training. :)

Wendy: Oops I'd forgotten you bought running shoes (as opposed to cross-trainers/aerobic shoes). :eek: Would you mind sharing what brand of running shoes you bought? I officially joined the YMCA, so i'm going to start running a bit but I don't have running shoes yet. Good thing I like buying shoes. :D LOL @ you and your hubby buying the same gift. :p Ziti and garlic bread sounds soooo yummy! I gotta go find me a (healthy?) snack now. :D;)

Wiggie: Aww, how frustrating that your new yoga DVD didn't play properly. :mad: Fingers crossed you get it to work today! I must admit despite my relatively small clothing size my butt, um, makes it presence known. :eek: :rolleyes: NOTHING helps it shrink. :mad: I'm hoping running helps a bit. ;)

Kris: Better late than never on Afterburn right? :p ;) I haven't done that one in awhile and now i'm inspired to give it another go. Thanks for that! :) I'm glad to hear you like the Ryka Transpires because I just bought them! :eek: :eek: I found them online for $38 (that includes shipping and tax) and I just couldn't pass up that great deal. Now I have enough money left to buy running shoes, woohoo!

TTM warm up + Crossfit Diva LF (30m) + Yogaworks Body Slim (30m done out of 50) = My work out for today is DONE! :D

I decided that additional cardio wasn't necessary but if I was going to add some on I had decided it would have been the solid step segment from TTM...There's always another day though! ;)

I have DS home with me today so we will be going bowling and to the library in a little while. Should be fun. :)

Katie:: I bought Sauconys this time but when I ran previously I was using Mizunos. So you know, you shouldn't just walk into a department store and buy running shoes off the shelf the first time. You really should go get professionally fitted at a running store to find out what type of shoe your feet require and after that you can purchase them wherever you choose. I buy my first pair at the store and then usually purchase online after that for a better deal. ;) If you are lucky enough to not need any type of specific support for your feet then you can get away even cheaper by going and buying off the rack shoes anywhere but you need to find that out first or chance being in pain! I know if I run in anything other then the type of shoe my feet require I end up in serious pain the next day. :( Sorry if that was more info then you bargained for or wanted but I just figured I'd offer the information. You may do with it as you see fit which includes telling me to keep it to myself. :p LOL

Wiggie:: Oh no! You got a bum dvd!? That stinks! I hope it was a fluke but if not definitely get on the horn with Amazon to get it exchanged pronto! Glad you enjoyed Sadie. I just purchased 2 more Kundalini dvds this morning. I'm obsessed! :eek: So I guess this means no Sadie dvds for me yet for a while though she does have her own channel on youtube so I can still give her a try for free in the meantime!:)

Last edited:
Good evening ladies,

Today was Disc 10 for me - Biceps, shoulders and chest. Lots of pushups in that one - oh my :confused::eek: Felt good, though I still have to modify a bit for my shoulder, don't know what I did to it early this year, but I definitely need to be careful now (and I guess probably ongoing... it's been about 6 months...)

Hi Wendy - great workout today, thanks for the info about what yoga is doing for you - sounds like it's really working out! That's awesome you've got something you enjoy so much and is good for your mind too:)

Hi Katie - great job with 4DS! I hope you like the Transpires, I like the Synergy's I got some time ago, but the Transpires seem much more cushy than the Synergy's did even when they were new:)

Hi Wiggie - Bummer on the bum DVD - that stinks. Great job getting a workout done regardless!

Hi Bridget!

Hope you all have a great evening!

Kris

This morning's work out will include a short cardio and a long yoga. I haven't picked my poisons yet so to speak but I'll be back to report them after I'm done!

Me and DS are going out to lunch with my mom today and then possibly going swimming so it should be a fun afternoon!

BBIAB!:cool:

Hi there ladies, happy Friday-eve:)

I did Lower Body Blast today, subbed that for TBT lower body. Great workout:) Had some low body DOMS hanging around from AB on Tuesday, so I suspect I'll be limping around here tomorrow - lol. :eek:

Great workout Wendy! Way to go on both the yoga and the ZWOW:)

Hi Wiggie, Katie and Bridget! What's everyone else got going today?

Kris

TGIF!:D

Today I am deciding between a run/yoga combo or a rest day...What to do, what to do!:p

I have to hit the foodstore today b/c I am making dessert tmrw night for DH's B'day. We are going out to dinner with his family to celebrate and then coming back here for coffee and dessert. In addition, I am cooking a new recipe for dinner tonight so I need to shop for that too. I swear I feel like all I do is food shop lately! :eek:

Kris:: Nice work outs girl!!! Do you have your wheelchair ready for the DOMS!? :p I hear you on the shoulder issues! My right shoulder gives me problems. Lately it hasn't been bad but when I was doing alot of Bob Harper's work outs it constantly bugged me. :( His work outs are very shoulder intensive though so I guess I need to be careful with how often I do work outs like that...

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.