STS BODYROCKERS week of January 29th

wiggie

Cathlete
Hello All!!

I apologize for beig mia, but I sometimes have problems with my internet connection. Friday I walked the dog, we just got a German Sheppard(spelling?). She's 1 year old & her name is Ruby. Saturday's workout was STS Total Body, I planned to do a second workout, but started rearranging my the guest bedroom & never got to it. Today's workout(Sun) was ZWOD #2. I plan to do something else later not sure what.

Wendy, sorry about your accident & glad you're ok. What a way to start the day!!:( I reall liked ZWOD, I've never done manmakers before, can't wait for ZWOD 3!!

Bridget, glad our spinning Queen is feeling better!!:) Happy Birthday!! And through it all you still managed to lose weight, WTG!! I go back & forth with Turbo Barre, it just depends on if I feel like putting the tower together!!:p Yes, alot of the same cast is on Y & R!!

Kiki, enjoy your rest, you've certainly earned it!!

Erin, how's the training going?

Terina, going to the road trip, I'm so jealous!!:D

Katie, I haven't done Imax 3 in ages, I'm sure I'll have to learn it all over again!!

Hope everyone had a great weekend!!:)

My second workout was my bike for 1 hour.

Last edited:
Woo Hoo- good morning everyone! Spinning this morning at 5am, and I am jazzed up!! My sinuses are a minor nuisance at this point, and this is the first time I worked out since last week- and I pushed it hard, and I feel fabulous! Nothing like a good cardio workout to pump my heart rate up and get the endorphins flowing, I feel invincible!

TRX tomorrow- I am so overdue!

Check back on you all later

Bridget

Good Morning.

Well I never got around to cardio on saturday and that was ok but y'day I didn't do ANYTHING. Felt a bit guilty about it but I was exhausted and sore so I let it roll off my back as best as I could. This morning I didn't WANT to work out. Still sore and tired but I pushed through and made it happen with the BR Challenge wk 4 day 3.

Wiggie:: I think I'll be doing ZWOD #2 on Thursday. Glad you loved it!:D

Bridget:: Yay, you are feeling good enough to exercise! So I got an opportunity to try some moves on a TRX y'day. I loved it but have no place to put one in my house. :(

BBL!:cool:

Hi ladies!!

I started my second round of STS this weekend. Woohoo!! Here's my weekend workout round-up:

Saturday: Step Moves (no cooldown) + Turbo Barre Lower Body Premix (no warm-up, substitute abs). This was a fun combo and my tushy was feeling it yesterday. ;)

Sunday: M1D1 (chest/shoulders/biceps). Good grief i'd forgotten how hard STS is, lol! The good news, I increased my weight for every move by 1-4 pounds (compared to what I lifted during my first STS rotation approx. 9 months ago). The bad news, I saw stars a few times. :)

Monday: Afterburn + Abs from C&W. I love Afterburn! I cut in half the weight used for any move that targeted shoulders and/or biceps because I worked those muscles yesterday.

Wendy: Nice workout this morning despite feeling sore and tired. It's sooo hard for me to workout when i'm sore. Do you think a warm bath would help? To entice you into starting the STS/LIS rotation, i'm going to give you a "get out of the rotation" free card. I know you've gotten fantastic results with your BR workouts, so if you start the STS/LIS rotation and either (a) absolutely hate it or (b) your BR results start deteriorating after 6 weeks, you can quit and I promise I won't attempt to make you feel guilty. :D

Bridget: The endorphins from cardio rock!! Glad you're feeling better and back in the game. Happy belated b-day too!!

Wiggie: Welcome back! :) I'm so jealous you got a German Shepherd! I've already told DH the second we get a farm i'm getting a female german shepherd and her name is going to be Dakota.

Kiki: How's the rest week going? Have you tried either of Cathe's yoga workouts? I've done bits and pieces of each...can't decide if I like them or not.

Terina: B&G is crazy tough! Nice job! :)

Hi Erin!

Kris! WHERE ARE YOU???

Nice job on your work outs Katie!:)
A warm bath would definitely help but I am too lazy to bother with one!:rolleyes:
I am feeling better about the STS/LIS rotation so I am gaining motivation back! I have the first two weeks adjusted to suit my schedule/needs so as long as I can continue to do that w/o too much trouble/aggravation I should be fine. If I am not liking what I see in the mirror or on the scale after several weeks though that could deter me but I'm hoping that won't be the case! Time will tell though! Six weeks huh? I'm going to make note of it anyway...just incase! ;) LOL
My husband wants a shepard in the worst way too! When we get a bigger house we want another dog and if it's up to him, it'll be a shepard for sure! I prefer the "mushier" breeds but we have just about the mushiest dog on the planet right now and *I* picked him out so I guess I have to give DH his chance!:p

Last edited:
Hello Ladie!
today it was Xtrainer-power Circuit. This was my 1st time doing this one and I really like it. With all 3 workouts last week and todays workout i'm really pushing myself to build endurance so i won't wimp out on RT:eek:

I'm so looking forward to wednesdays registration for RT,even hubby is getting excited for me!

Friday & Saturday no workouts for me:eek:

Wendy--what happened? are you okay?

Katie-what a great combo for a workout!!!! and congrats on your STS workout!

Bridget-Awesome on the spinning! I think im getting my spin bike real soon :D

Wiggie- That is so awesome you got a german shepard,I love big dogs,but we live in an apartment not fair for a dog:( we do have 3 cats tho:confused:

Good Morning.

Today was BR Challenge Wk 4 Day 4 interval work out: 24 @ 10/30 (16 mins) + my own KB swing intervals: 5 @ 10/50 (5 mins). Great work out! ;)

Terina:: Sweet of you to be concerned but I am okay. Just tired and sore from a tough work out on Saturday morning at the gym with my DH and having a little "too much" fun on Saturday night! ;) What is this Xtrainer-power Circuit work out you did? Who's the instructor? Glad you enjoyed it! :)

BBL!

TRX this morning- I take a class with about 8 other members- it is a circuit workout using suspension straps hanging from the basketball nets in the gym, and the moves can be very challenging- especially the abdominal moves! Yowsa!

Already signed up for spinning tomorrow morning. The remaining of my sinus issue is being well managed with my Sinus rinse- pretty gross, but very effective.

Wendy- way to push through the pain and inclination to NOT work out- those can be some strong vibes.

Katie- way to start STS again, I'm thinking of starting back when my TRX class is over in early March- gonna get the slanty risers for this time.

Terena- Got your keys geared up to sign in for the RT?

Hi Wiggie, Erin, Kiki- are you there Kris?

Check back with you later

Bridget

Bridget:: Nice work outs! Spin and TRX is one killer combo, girl! :) Oh how I wish I had room for a TRX...sigh....:(

Good morning!

Today's workout was STS Disc 3. I skipped Disc 2, but i'm coming back to it tomorrow I promise. :) I joined a challenge on MFP to do CCC on Thursday. Anyone else in? :D

Wendy: Is this the last week of the BR Challenge? The only bad thing about you doing the challenge is the lack of fun workout names. :p LOL @ the "mushiest dog ever". I've never heard of a "mushy" dog (except for maybe a husky...but that's only because you say "mush" when you want them to go :D ).

Bridget: Wow, your TRX program sounds tough! Nice job lady! :) What's a sinus rinse?

Terina: I'm curious to hear about your X-trainer power circuit workout too! Sounds fun (and tough). Don't forget to warm up your fingers tomorrow morning! ;) :p

Katie:: Yeup, the last week! Tmrw is the last day! :D IKWYM re the names of the work outs. LOL They are actually all named too but it was easier to refer to them by the wk/day rather then the name and the names aren't nearly as fun as what Zuzanna used to come up with! :p When I refer to my dog as "mushy" I mean sweet loving docile just wants to roll on his back so you can pet his belly will give you kisses all day long doesn't have a mean bone in his body dog. That explain it? :D Oh and to give you a TRUE vision of HOW mushy he REALLY is! If you put your finger, hand, arm...any part of your body in his mouth he actually spits it out by pushing it with his tongue! Talk about non-aggressive! His teeth will never touch you unless YOU make it happen! Not a lot of help in the protection dept :rolleyes: but I wouldn't trade him for the world! :D He actually is a barker and I have seen him get a bit protective so he just MIGHT have it in him if push came to shove but otherwise...forgeddaboutit! Oh and LOL re the Husky reference! Too funny! CCC on Thursday? If I wasn't committed to ZWOD #2 for that day I would join you! Have fun! ;)

Last edited:
Good morning All!!

Monday's workout was Turbo Barre, Tuesday's was STS total Body.

Wendy, sorry you're not feeling well, be sure to start taking something for it right away. Maybe you can nip it in the bud!! Feel better!!

Talk to you later!!:)

Spinning this morning! Whoo! What a rush! Don't underestimate the workout that is on your abdominals- my abs are hurting from TRX yesterday, and I feel myself recruiting my tender lower abs during seated climbs. I'm sneaking into TRX tomorrow for an additional class this week.

Wendy- No, not you too! Get some Zicam, and rinse the sinuses out! I work at a walk-in clinic and I see sick people all day and I have found that it really helps decrease the length & intensity of symptoms.

Terena- where will you be this afternoon at 1pm EST??

Wiggie- I have yet to do Turbo Barre- I think that the lack of a tower is keeping me from reaching for it.

Katie- Disc 2 today? (you did skip it!) Sinus rinse is like a neti pot- you irrigate your nasal passages with buffered saline mix- for sinus irritation & upper respiratory viruses, it is soothing to the passages, and helps to clear out alot of the gunk in there. It is all the rage in Europe, we are a bit slow to get it here.

Check back with you all later!

Bridget

Hi ladies!

Today I went back and did STS: Disc 2 (Back and Triceps). I'm still using the STUPID band for pull-ups/chin-ups. I promised Kiki I would buy an iron man (or something similar). I'm going to look for one this weekend at walmart. I need to go a little heavier on a few tricep moves (not much, maybe just a pound or two) so i'm going to adjust for next week.

Wendy: Sorry you're getting sick. Yuck! :( Definitely rest up, relax, eat chicken soup, drink hot tea with bourbon and honey (it works for a sore throat I SWEAR). Your puppy dog sounds adorable!! I love mushy dogs too. When I was in college, I got a teeny-tiny tea cup poodle. I named him "Tiger" because, even though he's like 6 pounds, he acts like he is 160 pounds (barking, growling, attempting to be protective). :rolleyes: :) My mom "adopted" him from me a few months after I got him and he's lived with her ever since.

Bridget: Ohhhhh! I've heard of a netti-pot. Got it! :) I've never used one myself, but friends swear by them (mental note for next time). Nice job spinning this morning!!

Wiggie: STS Total Body AFTER Turbo Barre?!?! You're brave! :p TB gives me DOMS like crazy.

Going to RT in Glasboro! It was a totally impulsive purchase on my part! I said I would only sign up if I was near a computer at 1pm today, and not be disappointed if I don't get through. But I got in! I should let dh know.

Bridget

My rest week has been miserable :(

Stupid sore throat madness has worked its way through the household, now it's my turn. I've been bummin on the couch all day w/hot tea, & tons of Kleenex.

The only thing that I got up for was to get over to the pc to register for the RT, lol (& that's only cuz DS had the laptop occupied, lol)

On that note...BRIDGET!!!!! I'll get to see you there! Yay :) that was a nice surprise...brightened my day

Kiki- feel better! Can't wait to meet you and Terena in the flesh this summer!

And... I lost 0.4 at Ww today! Will be wicked skinny by RT!

Feel my joy!

Bridget

so excited!!!

Kiki & Bridget I get to meet you in person!!!!!! I had to jump on hubbies ipad bcuz the site froze and I forgot how to refresh the page.I almost missed it bythismuch:eek: my girlfriend who has NEVER done a cathe workout b4 wants to go with me on this RT but when I tried to register her(right after I did mine) it was full so she is on the waiting list:eek:. But i'm SOOO EXCITED!!!!!!!!

Wendy & Katie-I'm so sorry I typed the title wrong :eek: I did Cross Train Express:confused::eek: I'm doing it this whole week and next. I'm really enjoying it plus I need to up my Cardio.:eek:

Today-it was kick box from Xtrain express
tuesday-10-10-10 =)

Good Morning.

Still under the weather here so no work out again today. Booh. Missing work outs but not being sick enough to stay home from work and lay on the couch all day really stinks! :p

Terina:: TY for the work out explanation. Yeah CTX is a great set! Glad you are enjoying it! How exciting that you are going on the roadtrip. I went on the one in 2008.

Kiki:: Sorry you've been sick. It's obviously making it's rounds. :(

Bridget:: Good job on the weight loss this week! I am still "maintaining" but it's work! The holidays were tough. I definitely put on a few pounds. Thankfully I've since managed to get them back off! I am an Airborne girl and it seems to work for me so I never tried Zicam. Same idea though!:)
We go to a walk in clinic when we are sick. DH took my son there Monday night and it was apparently packed. They were there for 2 hours!!!:eek:

Katie:: What's an ironman? Is that akin to a door gym? LOL about the poodle that acted like a big dog! Lots of little breeds have that "attitude". It's quite funny.

Wiggie:: Great work outs! I haven't done TurboBarre in ages. Can't wait for it to come up in the LIS/STS rotation! Thanks for the well wishes! I'm workin' on it!;)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.