STS Body Rockers week of October 9th

Zbridget

Cathlete
Good evening friends. I am still resting, but feeling guilty about it. This is my first rest week without a vacation, illness or hurricane to correspond with the the week, so it feels a little weird- I may get up and do IMAX2 or Cardio & Weights- I'm missing the Activity Points with WW..

Erin- Another nurse? Yay, another one of my people! When I started STS in June, my dumbbells were 3,5,8,10,12 & 15's. The 15's were rarely used. By meso 3, I was doing flies with the 15's, and picked up a pair of 20's- so you can increase later in the program, you may not need to purchase this now. My barbell is from the Firm 20ish years ago- it is smaller than a regular barbell, is covered with foam, and has unique spring locks on them. I doubt it would fit on a squat rack, but I like it.

I have space issues too. I keep my dumbbells, plates, gloves, towels and bands in a decorative chest I got at Pier 1 ages ago, it sits atop an iron frame- the high step fits under the frame, the extra risers to the side, the step slides behind it, and the barbell behind the couch. The ball- always seems to find a home somewhere in my house!

Perhaps I will check in tomorrow- with a workout finished in the morning!

Take care
Bridget

Hey girls!

Crampy, bloaty, nonsense all weekend, and I couldn't even look at my w/o room :rolleyes:. If it weren't for DH doing STS I would've forgotten it was even there (except for the fact that he BLASTS the tv when he's working out, so that everyone knows he's in there, lol. Haven't decided if I'm gonna go ahead and do Disc 4 as planned, or just do what I can on the elliptical and call in a day :confused:. All depends on how quickly this Motrin kicks in.

Erin & Bridget: I understand the space issue, too. About 2 years ago, we had 5 family members come and stay w/us for 2 yrs. During that time, my precious w/o room became a bedroom shared by teen boys :eek: . It was so hard for me to make it work w/just the small amount of space in my tiny bedroom. My Olympic weights were, of course, outta the question, and so was my exercise ball/step. That's when the adjustable weights came in handy because I could just stash the weight plates and bars under my bed (along w/resistance bands & my mat) and I had to make do w/just those items. I also ended up buying an "Iron gym" pull-up bar, that I would put up in the doorway between my bedroom and master bath (even though I already had a pull-up station in my w/o room, I needed something that could go up, and be removed easily so that the door could close). The pull-up bar ended up being the hardest thing to stash when not in use, because it was pretty bulky, and was the first thing to go once we got the w/o room back. Although it was a tough time, some good did come out of it...That's when I started to do w/o vids, and eventually found Cathe ;)

kiki yuck hate those days...u might start to feel better once u get going though! my sons closet is where all my stuff is and the ball is in my closet. I wish I could have a basement one day that would be my work out space! ITs hard to even get in there to work out if everyone is home. But i get it done:p
Bridget I am a tele nurse..u? I am working perdiem right now and love it. I work about once a week and I get so much time with my kiddos:D
So first disc done yesterday and i am sore this morning. I am excited but it was all over the place for me lol. I also feel really weak, could not do all those push ups!!!! I feel like waiting to do sts i lost some strenghth some where. Then i went out last night with an old friend and think i got food posing. I woke up at 3 am sick to my stomach and spend the rest of the night in the bathroom! So no work for me today. I feel a bit better now but i am just trying to sip water and rest. If i feel a bit better may do a good old step work out. IF not It will be disc two tomorrow=) I am going to go ahead and buy 12lb db just last one i am missing=)

Hi ladies!

My weekend was good and bad. I had a wonderful time at the Incredible Food Show. I nibbled non-stop for 2 hours. :eek: At least I was walking during that time too - maybe that helped burn off a fraction of the calories? :confused: Saturday evening I started to get a gripe in my gut. My little nephew had a stomach bug last week and I think he passed it on to me. I really do have a top-notch immune system, so while this bug hasn't turned into a full blown sickness, my stomach has been very touchy and i'm fighting waves of nausea.

On that note, I got the bright idea yesterday to work out as planned. I was feeling okay when I woke up yesterday morning, even went to church and ate lunch without problems. So yesterday afternoon and I decide to give HiiT:pyramid a go. DUMB DUMB idea! I made it through the first "wave" and almost lost my lunch. Instead of stopping like a normal person I modified tremendously and finished the workout. My DH just rolled his eyes and said "I told you to take it easy today." Oops. :eek: I spent the rest of the evening on the couch feeling like crap.

This morning I felt a little better so I gave MMA:Boxing a go. I modified the lower body blast to ease up on the high impact and modified some of the ab moves, and I made it through the workout okay. Fingers crossed this bug GOES AWAY very soon. I hate this constant stomach ache/nausea feeling.

Bridget: Enjoy what's left of your rest week. :) Any Imax 2 or C&W this morning? ;)

Erin: My experience with STS was very similar to Bridget's - in fact, I started with the exact same dumbbells and moved up to 20s by the end too (I actually need 25s the last 2 weeks but didn't have the funds to purchase them). Don't let the gazillion push-ups in Meso 1 get you down. When I started STS, I could do - hmm - maybe 4 push-ups on my toes. Now I can usually do 12-16 (depending on the day) before I have to drop to my knees. I actually noticed the biggest change in my push-up ability after I completely finished STS. I really think the crazy heavy weights for chest during meso 3 helped increase my push-up endurance. Even now, though, I can't do all the push-ups in Meso 1 on my toes. Just another goal to work up to right? :)

Kiki: Awww i'm sorry you're feeling bad. TTOM = NOT COOL! Watch out Wendy, Kris, and Bridget - sounds like this is the week for STS BodyRockers to feel icky! BTW - I vote for the elliptical. Save Disc 4 for later when you can give it your all. ;)

Sorry you ladies are both feeling bad, too. Seems like the tummy's are calling the shots around here, and NOT in the form of being flat and toned :mad:

Katie: your vote won, lol. I just gave it all I had, and called it a day. I wish the cramps would do the same, seems like they have no intentions of leaving anytime soon :(

Erin: I think we all feel like that w/disc 1. In the beginning, those pushups seem to come outta nowhere and never end! :eek: But, like Katie, I remember the pure joy of watching the actual amount that I could do increase w/each disc. Also, during M1 I still feel all over the place, lol. It's like even though I know what's coming, I just can't get set up quick enough. Especially on Chest/bicep days, for some reason. I spend a lot of time pausing (keep the remote right next to me :eek: ), and changing weights (part of that has to do w/my adjustable weight problem, I'm sure I could move faster if it weren't for that :confused: ). But it does start to run smoother after a while, and by the time you get to M2, you'll have plenty of time during the rest periods to get it together. An added bonus, the pushups magically disappear in M2! (they do make 1 surprise resurrection, but I won't spoil the surprise by telling you exactly when, lol). Also, w/regard to your strength being lost, it could just be from the fast pace of M1. Not to worry, since M3 will surely make up for it by making you feel CRAZY strong ;)

Hi there ladies!

Yesterday was a much enjoyed rest day:) Today was Muscle Endurance - it was more than a little frustrating though, because the Disc skipped a bunch. It works fine in my other DVD player, but that's not where I usually work out - middle of the living room on the ceramic tile:( So, I'm not sure what I'm going to do - maybe pick up a new dvd player for my workout room I guess even though it works fine with most, this is the 3rd Intensity series disc that's given me grief - no problems with any others. I repurchased Imax 2/Cardio and Weights and SNM replaced Pyramid Upper and Lower. I just cleaned the player a couple days ago too.

Kiki - great work on the eliptical:) Hope those cramps go away soon - no fun!

Katie - glad you had fun at the Incredible Food show - looked great, I checked out the link:) I'm sure the walking took care of much of the calories:) Sorry you're not feeling well now :( Wow, you pushed through Hiit Pyramid feeling like that! Hope you feel better soon.

Erin - great work with Disc 1! I know what you mean about feeling all over the place, I found it really hard to keep up with all the changes to equipment needed and all when I was in Meso 1 - now, looking back though, I think it was my favorite Meso:)

Hi Bridget and Wendy - can't wait to hear about your workouts!

Have a great evening everyone,

Kris

Ugh, I've got some kind of stomach bug- no workout for me yesterday, probably not today. I'm going away tomorrow to a conference, just want this over with. I hope to break the fitness fast with Travel Fit in my hotel room on Thursday morning!

Erin- I'm a Family Nurse Practitioner, I work at a Dr's office/walk in clinic seeing urgent care & walk ins.

Kris- sorry about the skipping DVD, I feel your pain! I have been through more DVD players that way, and was the impetus to get me to buy more workouts as downloads. Nothing frustrates me more than when I have an early morning workout planned, and the technology doesn't behave.

Kiki- If I could catch a stomach thing via the internet, I would! Hope you are feeling better.

Katie- I have to admire you for persevering and doing HIIT on a day when you are feeling crappy. Do you have low impact step or low impact circuit that you can do on an off day?

Hello Wendy!

Take care all-

Bridget

I still feel like crap, and honestly don't feel like doing anything :( . I feel that whole "end of TTOM headache" (you know, the one that becomes a freakin 5 day extravaganza?! :mad: ) on the verge, and I keep worrying that it'll only take one wrong pushup or overhead press to send me into migraine oblivion....Interested to see how this turns out... :rolleyes:

Bridget: Oh no! you too?! What in the world is goin on here, Rockers? :confused: This week is not headed in a good direction...Maybe we are passing it via internet :p. I hope you feel better soon, and that you get the chance (unlike me :rolleyes: ) to break out Travel Fit (bands are nice and tight, right? ;) ) while you're away.

Kris: That would be SO frustrating! I've had that happen w/my downloads before, where I get everything all set up, start working out, and find out when I'm just getting into it that it only partially downloaded :mad: . It just stops, and I'm away from home, and outta luck, w/a half done w/o. Grrr..... Hopefully a new DVD player will be a quick fix for you, or do you have a portable DVD player? Those usually have TV hookups, then you wouldn't have to purchase another one....?

Good morning!

Stomach is feeling better today. Thanks so much for your well wishes! This morning I survived STS: Total Body. Geez that was tough! I haven't broke that one out in quite awhile....I need to hit it more often because it worked my muscles and it worked them hard! :p

Have you all seen the newest clip for Total Body Tri-Sets. Holy moley!!!!! It looks CRAZY toughhhhh. Just watching the clip I was going "oooh" "ouch" "wow" "eek".

Bridget: Oh no!! The stomach bug IS passing around! I'm so sorry you've got it too. :( I hope you feel better soon! and have a good time at the conference. If that is possible....I know most conferences I attend aren't exactly a day at Disney Land. :p

Kiki: migraine headaches = DOUBLE YUCK! You tell them cramps you've got work to do and they need to get out of town! Don't push yourself to hard - it's not worth it (experienced speaker here - remember Sunday's fiasco? :rolleyes: ).

Kris: Damn technology. I thought it was supposed to make our lives easier. ;) :p

Erin: How is STS going?

Hi Wendy! Did you have a great weekend and rest day?

Hello Ladies.

Sun I did 2 short kettlebell work outs back to back-Lauren Brooks 12 min w/o from her first DVD and the manmaker segment from Keith Weber's Extreme Cardio KB DVD. Total time was only about 22 minutes but it was a butt kicker just the same.

Y'day was an unscheduled rest day. My son and I were off from work and school so I had tons of time to work out but it just didn't happen. I was exhausted. I think it's due to mental/emotional stress from what's going on in my life these days. I kept saying I would work out at this time or that time but it just didn't happen. Oh well. Nothing I can do.

This morning I did the next BR work out on the schedule which was one I have done in the not too distant past called WOW Booty W/O. It's only about 15 minutes and relatively simple but wow is right! Butt kicker for sure! Here's the breakdown:

Part one: 16 round of 5s/10s intervals: high knee run for 10s and then drop down to floor on belly to rest for 5s, jump back up and repeat for the 16 rounds.

Part two: 30 reps of a full exercise as follows: stand with feet together. pick up weight. jump into a wide squat. jump back to narrow stance. drop weight to one side. jump back into plank position. do 1 push up. jump forward to low squat. pick up weight and stand up. Repeat dropping weigh to other side. (She uses a sandbag which she puts on alternating shoulders during the jump squatting. I used a kettlebell which I head by the horns in front of me during the squat.)

Part three: Repeat part one!:eek:

That's all for now. Will try to come back later for personals.

kris well i just had download issues..so fustraing!
fitmoma i think i have done that one =) i was so sore after!
ricky disc 2 complete:D i had a stomach thing too ..weird!
kikiuggh download thing sucked!!!!! i spent a good 5mins trying to get the dam thing to play i almost gave up:(
Bridgetthat sounds like a cool job, get to see a lot? Hospital life can be stressfull!
Wow did i have a morning ladies!!!! I was focused this am to get my disc two done. I Was gonna drop ds off and take the lo with me to get 12lb db. WEll store didnt open untill 9 so i was just waiting. Finally it opens and they dont sell 12lbs!!!!!!!GRR so off i went to another store, i was not gonna be dragging lo out for nothing! Sears did not have them either!!!!!!!!!!!!! Boy was i upset but brush it off and put baby down no prob. I have about an hour once he down for a nap to bang it out. WEll dam download was messing with me, would just stop playing. Anyway i was determined to get it done AND I DID AND I FEEL FAB=) off to shower and get the baby now=)))))))

Hi ladies!

I did Hiit 30/30 this a.m. -even though I had Muscle Endurance skipping issues yesterday, I have some butt DOMS from the slightly abbreviated version I did - Leg presses on 6 risers I'm sure:eek: Yay :) So 30/30 was good today. I ended up ordering a new Boot Camp/Muscle Endurance today instead of a new dvd player... also ordered Step moves - we'll see if a new version of BC/ME works:)

Hi Wendy - the dip station looks great, that's awesome - I know you were using your kitchen chairs -- this will make life easier I'm sure. Great workouts for you and hope you enjoyed your unplanned rest day:)

Hi Erin - woohoo on getting through disc 2! And bummer on the 12 lb db's not being available and the download issues:( So great the feeling after finishing the sts discs isn't it? Awesome job!

Hi Katie - glad you're feeling better! STS TB is really tough for me! I just watched the tri sets video clip - oh man, looks tough, tough, tough! Yikes! :eek: Can't wait though!

Hi Kiki - hope you feel better soon! I will look into a portable dvd player if I dont' end up getting a new dvd player, think that's a great idea.

Hi Bridget - hope your conference goes great! So sorry you have a stomach bug too :(

Talk to you all tomorrow - have a great night!

Kris

Hello Ladies!!

I just completed STS M1D5 last night. I'm also an occassional Bodyrocker, (trying to do better with that), plus I follow WW plan, on my own now, I used to attend meetings. I will be short on time today, so my workout will be BR Booty Transformation.

I've been lurking this thread a little bit, so I know some of you are in the medical profession. I am a EMT-Basic, I mostly work in the office, but I sometimes work on the ambulance when needed.

Have a great day Everyone!!!

Hey all!

So I wimped out on STS again yesterday, I honestly should have just declared this a rest week and started all over on Monday :rolleyes: . I did 4DS KB (cardio) in the AM, and then DH gets home and decided that he want's to work his core, and asked if I'd do Ab-circuits w/him (he wanted to do Med Ball/partner abs). Well, I've never done it (having never had a partner :confused: ) and wouldn't you know it, the download just quit on us half way through :mad:. So we ended up just doing the Functional core premix of CCC to make up for the last half of the w/o, which means he ended up not needing a partner. *sigh* Guess I shouldn't complain, since I did end up getting in core work (that I hadn't done since like, last tues/thurs?), but I am pretty upset about the download thing :mad:.

However, I'm happy that DH is wanting to w/o more, and w/me ;). He's also getting pretty excited about his STS results already, and wondering why he didn't do it sooner. He's on his last 2 w/o's of M2, and he had me measure him again on Sun. He was bouncing off the walls to find out that his biceps had grown a full inch :eek: . Needless to say, with that kinda motivation, I don't think I need to sell him on it anymore ;). And I know I've said it before, but Ima say it again, that man is looking GOOD! :eek: Thank you CATHE :cool:

Wendy: How exciting about your dip station! That and your UGI ball?! You are bout to rock it out!!! :eek: Let us know how you like it. And are you loving the UGI as much as you thought? Do you have a sandbag? I was looking at mine the other day and wondering if I just might be ready to rock (again) w/you (for the first time ;) ) here soon? Ms. Achilles has been treating me right lately, but she can be finnicky, so I'm tryin to take things slow (she is the shot-caller around here, after all :p )

Kris: Glad you at least got to experience some DOMS from the abbreviated version of ME (I mean, 6 risers?! :eek:, yea....that oughta do it). Hope the new DVDs work out for ya, if not the portable is a great option, because it always comes in handy ;)

Katie: yes, that Tri-Sets looks WONDERFUL! So many new moves! I hope that one doesn't get jailed for long while I'm doing STS. Most of them I've figured out how to incorporate into the program, but that one could get tricky :confused: . I'm thinking, if nothing else, I can slip the leg w/o in somewhere (as a 2nd leg w/o that week). Most of the others will work quite nicely....(ummmm...should I even state my feelings on Low Impact Challenge? :rolleyes: or are we pretty clear on that one :p ?)

Bridget: Hope you're feeling better, and not all sick-y @ the conference. Keep us posted on how Travel Fit goes tomorrow morning ;)

Erin: Glad you made it through disc 2, despite the download troubles. I wish I could have gotten mine to work, I still don't know what the Partner Abs is like, and who knows when I'll have a partner again :rolleyes: ? So when will the hunt for the 12 pounder resume? Did you try walmart or target? I know sporting goods stores carry them, but they can be pretty pricey... Maybe check out craigslist, I always see odds and ends dumbbells and weights on there :confused: How old is the baby?

Welcome Wiggie!

I just started on my 3rd (I think, lol) round of STS (can't get enough!). I should be on Disc 5 by now, but I've been a bum all week (as you'll see if you read through this weeks thread, lol :rolleyes: ), and I'll be doing Disc 4 today, 6 tomorrow, and 5 on Fri to make up for it (or at least the current plan, should all go well, and I don't go into migraine mode). So we'll be right around the same part of the program ;).

Looking forward to STSing and BRing w/ya!

Hello Ladies.

Glad you could join us Wiggie!

Kiki:: So you are pyramiding with STS this time around? I fear after being so spoiled by my short work outs that I'll never be able to commit to an STS rotation again! :eek:

Kris:: I love the HiiT's for a quick tough cardio w/o! 30/30 is my fave...probably cause it's the least deadly! ;):p The kitchen chairs were OKAY as a sub for a dip station but they had their share of drawbacks. When I saw that I could get the station for under $100 including shipping AND that it folded up flat for ez storage I was sold! :)

Erin:: Good job getting your work out done despite the DB shopping mishaps! It's such a bummer when you can't find what you want, isn't it? :(

Today was jump rope and planks on the UGI ball (they are KILLER btw!) for me-about 20 mins total.

Tomorrow will be BR hopefully.

Have a great day!

Last edited:
Good morning!

Because I "accidentally" clicked on the 4DS:KB cardio last week ( :D ) I forced myself to do 4DS:BC cardio only this morning. I don't mind that one, just don't love it like I do kickboxing! I also added on 10 minutes of abs at the end. Feeling good!

Wiggie: Welcome to the group!!!! So glad to have you checking-in with us! Fresh STS meat. :p I finished my first round of STS in July but hope to start up round two in December. We've got lots of medical professionals in this group. It's great to know we've got our own medical staff right here in the check-in. ;) :p How are you liking STS so far?

Kiki: Oh buddy I LOVE me some muscles on a man. Yum! :D Where is your DH at in the program again? Great job sneaking in that core. I can't believe all the download issues lately!! That's soooo frustrating for you gals! :mad: Um, I don't think I would classify Total Body Tri-Sets as "wonderful" - I was thinking more like "extreme pain" or "total body breakdown". Will you come pick me up off the floor? :D Now Kiki you're not going to rip the plastic off Low Impact Challenge, toss it in the DVD player, get a huge smile on your face, and go nuts the second you get the new series??? I'm shocked! :p

Wendy: You've got some great new toys to play with! How exciting!!! Oh how I miss new workout toys. I'm living vicariously through you Wendy! Okay, you're going to have to nix those "repeats" at the end of your BR workouts! :p Whew, tough stuff! I'm still praying things get better for you. We are always here for you if/when you need us!

Kris: I remember those 6 riser leg presses. Did that maybe two times and nixed it completely! :eek: I'm so short (5'1") I had the most awful time hoisting myself up there! :rolleyes: Maybe that's just an excuse...:D Grrrrreat (like Tony the Tiger) job with HiiT 30/30. After Sunday's escapade the thought of doing a HiiT workout makes me nauseated. If you like step workouts I think you'll like Step Moves. It isn't Cathe's toughest workout (heart wise) but I find it loads of fun! Plus where it is shorter I always have time to add in abs and/or stretching.

Erin: Awww I hate to hear you have the stomach icks too. :( Not cool! Way to go pushing through Disc 2 though. STS makes you feel crazy strong. I just can't believe all these download issues. I've only downloaded one workout (KPC) and 95% of the time the audio and video were off a bit and it drove me nuts. Plus it would freeze 7-8 times throughout the workout. No more downloads for me!

Katie

Hey gang- I went to bed with my w/o clothes on, which all but guarantees that I will spin in the morning!

So I broke my rest week "fast" with a spinning class before work this morning. I leave this afternoon for Boston (few hr drive) and will do Travel Fit tomorrow morning- I packed my gloves, a pink & green band, a burned disc that I didn't preview, and a cable that plays my iPhone on the TV- in addition to my clothes.

Wiggie- welcome to the group- I finished STS last week for the first time- is this your first time through?

Kiki- feel better, I got over what ailed me quickly so I hope it has passed. I love my DH, but I wouldn't want him working out with me. That is my time! Sometimes he is in the room when I do, he doesn't say anything, he
likes to give me my space.

Katie- fresh meat?!?! oh my, we're not that bad! I like the 4DS series too, I don't have a hard & fast plan for the next few weeks, perhaps I should dig those workouts up- hope they take me to the release of the low impact series.

Kris- if I remember correctly, we had some sort of upper respiratory virus at the same time last summer- not that we could catch that from the internet... or could we??

Erin- my job is so much different than anything I did before- it is either insane or dead- pace wise. I see less elderly folks, more younger working people, GYN stuff and even kids- which are fun. I see walk-ins mostly here, I finished FNP school last May so this is a new world for me, but it is a great job, great location- I cannot complain at all!

Wendy- I didn't click the link on your dipping station, I am assuming it is for tricep dips? I like doing them on the step.

Take care all, shipping off to Boston this afternoon

Bridget

Bridget:: The dip station is for tricep dips, knee raises, reverse push ups, etc. Enjoy spin class and your trip to Boston! I've never been there but I want to go some day!

Katie:: Good girl facing your fears and doing BC today! ;) TY for the prayers. Very sweet of you! :):):)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.