STS Body Rockers Week of November 27th :)

Fit_mommy

Cathlete
Good Morning Ladies.

Just getting us started.

I was busy with chores/errands saturday and FORGOT to work out! :eek:

Y'day I did Athletic Training as produced. Good stuff!

This morning I chose to sleep in instead of working out and I'm fine with that. :)

BBL!

Good morning All!!!

Back at work, was I ready to come back? No way!! But we've all been there, the longer you're off, the longer you want to be off!!!

Saturday's workout was AB, Sunday's workout was spinning. We went shopping while on vacation & I was talking about a spin bike that was on sale. So my Husband asked me if that was what I wanted for christmas, so of course I said yes. It's not a top of the line, the regular price was 350.00 & we got it for 179.00. It's very heavy with a weight capacity of 250lbs.

Not sure if I'll get to workout tonight or not, we have a few open slots on the shift tonight, might pull an all nighter.

Wendy, I know you enjoyed the extra sleep!!

That's it for now, hope everyone has a wonderful day!!

Good morning ladies!

I didn't workout yesterday:(, not sure if the calf issue is going to become an excuse:eek:, but I'm committed to doing something today - I have no excuse for skipping exercise altogether - I can certainly do core work at least.

Hi Wendy - great job on AT! Good for you for enjoying a little extra sleep!

Hi Wiggie - you got some great workouts in even on vacation! Great job! And woo hoo on the bike! That's awesome!

Hi Katie, Bridget, Lesia, Erin, Terina and Kiki!

Hope you all have a great day,

Kris

Hi ladies!

Yesterday's workout was Cardio Core Circuit. That one is still as tough as ever. I decided to take it a little easier this morning so I did Step Moves + a short ab routine. Felt great!

Wendy: Thanks for getting us started for the week! Great job with Athletic Step. I sure do love that one. :)

Wiggie: Congrats on the spin bike! That's so exciting! Did you get CycleMax?

Kris: Sorry to hear the calf is still bothering you. That really sucks. :( Great attitude though! What is it that Cathe said? "A little attitude can go a long way" (or something like that). ;) Can't wait to hear what workout you decided on for today. Keep us posted!

Katie

Katie:: I did Athletic Training not Athletic Step but whats really funny is that I initially typed Athletic Step in when I posted and had to go back and edit the post once I realized what I did! :rolleyes: CCC huh? You are brave!!!!:eek:

Kris:: What's up with your calf? Injury? Be careful but yes, there's so much you can do otherwise!!! No excuses young lady! ;)

Wiggie:: Oh enjoy the new spin bike when you get it! That's awesome! I want a treadmill but don't have the room for it. :(

wendynice job.. nice sleep? =)
wiggleenjoy the bike ..so jealous=) ps cycle max rocks! maybe thats what i should be asking for lol
kris ab work? feel better soon!
katiesounds good i like that one too=)
Was so close to buying adj db that were on sale! But with xmas and the kids could not do it! Oh well i just feel like i am getting up ther with the weights on sts. I need more but just cant justify it to myself:( I have no more room in this house for work out stuff. I am just not sure how i am gonna do it at the gym with the odd weight numbers! Oh well i am still ok for now! I had some much needed cleaning to do this am. Hoping to get in the start of w3 on meso 2 this afternoon! k have a great one ladies:cool:

Kris. I always bring some dvds with me, so when my husband watches sports, I have plenty to keep me busy!!

Katie, yes I did get Cycle Max, it was so cheap with the presale I thought why not!! At the time I had no plans of getting a bike!

Thanks Wendy & I will!! We went ahead & got it, it was one of those before 11am deals.

Erin, I am going to try Cycle Max tonight!!

I won't have to work late after all!!!

Hello Kiki, Bridget,Terina Leisa!!

Last edited:
Today was a rest day and tomorrow is the end of Meso 1 with disc 9 Legs.

I got really lucky and was able to trade for a lot of Cathe's older workouts like Kick, Punch & Crunch, Legs & Glutes, BodyBlast Timesaver, Low Impact Circuit and BodyMax 2. Wow! I've had these before but I'm glad to get them again and start completing my Cathe Collection.

I also bought Terminator for $19.97 for the Deal of the Day on Cathe's site.:cool:

Have a great evening ladies!
Lesia

Got home from work late tonight, spinning though this morning...think "my woman from tokyo" by some band from the 70's I can't remember...

Tomorrow morning? Not sure what- either Low impact challenge, or Afterburn again.

Lesia- ooo you got some goodies- some of my favorites in that batch!

Wiggie- a spin bike?! What kind? Cool!

Erin- week 3 of Meso 2- I feel a rest week coming on soon for you...

Wendy- thanks for starting the thread. Athletic Training is a new favorite of mine, a love to hate workout!

Katie- is core cardio circuit one of the shock cardio workouts? I don't have any of those- they looked too scary at the time they came out...

Kris- the workouts are there for you when you are ready, and we are here to cheer you on when you do, and encourage you to keep going my friend!

Check back with you all tomorrow

Bridget

Bridgetyes i see in it my furture too:D low impact challange ... I had such trouble with those steps!
wiggle sooo how was cycle max? did ya love it?
lucy good deal!
k ladies gonna attempt a spin class if not i have my cycle max ready! k ladies need your help on STS. Sooo I getting up there with weights. I am now up to 45lbs on my bb for chest press. I am having trouble with it akward to lift of the floor and put back down because its so heavy. plus i am getting a little scared as i go up in weight i need a spotter or the bar above my head to rest it! I know i need the tower. But i cant have it no room in my house! Also my db stop at 20. I just cant justify adj db at this point plus no room. I think i have to take it to the gym but i really dont want tooooo!!!!!!!!!!!! Does everyone else who did sts have a home gym? nobody like me who has all there equipment in there kids closet??? The micro loading is getting anyoing too, what did u guys use to do this. I been taping my ankle weights to the dbs.. But if i head to the gym..whats a girl to do? thoughts suggestions! I love sts dont get me wrong but just need to much stuff!

Good morning All!!

Well I did Cycle Max last night, I did the entire workout but not always at their intensity. I wasn’t tired but my thighs were!! I will definitely use this at least twice a week, I think this will help trim my thighs

Kris, how’s the calf?

Wow Leisa, you got some good stuff, I have all of those except Timesaver & BM2 & love them!

Erin, I loved Cycle Max!! I can relate to lifting that heavy barbell, I bought the tower quite a while ago, during a special where the shipping was free! I use it a lot, never regretted the purchase. It’s just me & my husband, so I use one of the bedrooms for my “gym”. STS does require a lot of equipment, but I had most of it already. The micro loading gets old for me too. I was thinking about getting some pace weights, does anybody use those?

Wendy, did you sleep in this morning? I hope you did , those bodyrock workouts are fierce!!

Bridget, it’s called a Weslo Pro, I guess it’s kind of a knock off.

Katie, good job on CCC!!! I still can't do those roll back jump up thingies!! I always have to modify!!

Have a great day Everyone!!!

Hello!

Today's workout was High Reps. I can sum it up in one word: YOWZA! :D

Wendy: Nice BR workout this morning!! Sorry about yesterday's slip re: Athletic Training v. Athletic Step. What did you think of AT? It's probably my favorite workout from the new series.

Wiggie: Great job with CycleMax!! I've only seen the clip for that w/o but it looks like so much fun! Any leg DOMS this morning? :p

Erin: I did STS at home without a home gym, the tower, or a barbell. All I had was dumbbells and because funds ran dry I wasn't able to purchase the next weight-up DBs, which I really needed in Meso 3) The best I could do was combine 1 lb weighted gloves with 2.5 wrist weights to get as close as possible. HTH!

Bridget: How was spinning this morning? Yep, CCC is a shock cardio workout and, let me tell ya, it is a BUTT kicker! It might be Cathe's hardest cardio workout (for ME that is...others i'm sure will disagree). It has a slight dread factor so I don't reach for it often.

Lesia: You are flying through STS. Keep up the great work!

Hi Kris, Barb, Terina, and Kiki!

Katie

Katie:: I love AT. Tough stuff! I thought I hadn't done it in full/as produced yet but I realized about half way through that I have. If I had realized it sooner I would have done AB instead coz I know for a fact I didn't do that one in full/as produced yet! As soon as I have enough time I am all over AB! Maybe tmrw?? :rolleyes: High Reps is yeowza for sure! Been ages since I pulled that one out! Need to dust it off soon! ;)

Wiggie:: I didn't sleep in this morning, no, but I am sleeping later then I used to as a rule since most of my week day work outs are 30 mins or less. :) Great job with Cycle Max! Practice makes perfect!;)

Erin:: I put off buying the tower because I thought it was going to be a total space hog and while it does take up some space while assembled, once disassembled it's pretty compact and easy to store IMO. As for micro-loading...yeah-that gets annoying. No suggestions. I just sucked it up. :rolleyes:

Bridget:: I think you enjoy spinning more for the music then for the work out! ;) It's okay though! Whatever motivates you, girl! :D

Lesia:: Disc 9 you said? BEWARE!!!! Disc 9 had me limping for 3 days!!!!!:eek::D:eek::D Enjoy! ;)

Hi there ladies -

I did AC - No Equipment Abs yesterday, then did TBT UB Express PM this a.m. Plan to do another Ab workout today:) My calf is better, it's not a terrible pain, more of a twinge, I was tempted to do a cardio this a.m., but thought maybe one more day of resting it would be best. Hopefully tomorrow I won't have any calf issues:)

Hi Wendy - great BR workout! You really get your money's worth out of those workouts! Great job!

Hi Katie - great job getting HR done, I only did that one one time, and yeah, I remember I thought exactly that - Yowza!

Hi Wiggie - very awesome that you did Cycle Max! I didn't get that one with the presale but in hindsight, wish I had even though I don't have a bike yet either. I'd love to find something that would thin out my thighs, let me know how you're doing with it:)

Hi Bridget - thanks for your kind words:) Great job on your spinning as always, that song is going through my head now too! What did you decide on today - LIC? AB?

Hi Lesia - wow, great workouts you got there! How was Disc 9, I remember that one too... :eek::eek:

Hi Erin - don't know how much help I am - I ended up getting the tower when I started STS and I had a barbell already (though not really heavy - I bought some more plates). My top DB weight is 20 too and I know what you mean about those gloves. Katie did great and got great results, and didn't have the tower or bb, so hopefully she'll inspire you:)

Hi Terina and Kiki! Hope you are doing great too! (and Barbara too if you're checking in! :) Miss you guys! It's a crazy time of year isn't it?

Hope you all have a great Tuesday,

Kris

Good afternoon my friends!

Today was Low impact Step challenge- and was it ever. The moves didn't look that difficult when I previewed them, but holy cow was that difficult- combo #4-forgetaboutit!! The blast section at the end was blessedly uncomplicated, albeit challenging, and that was okay. I like the idea of "mastering" a challenging step video, but I have to be in the right frame of mind to do so.

I liked the music in this one too- I found myself listening to the tune, and wondering what the original was that the mix was made from- from Black eyed peas to Depeche mode!

No spinning tomorrow- got wait listed again! grrr- and I called at 11am too! I'll show them, I'll call at 5 on thursday morning to get into Friday's class.

Wendy- you've found me out, it's the music that motivates me! Some tunes come on that just make me want to push to the limit, especially when I am on my last breath of air...something to be said about really loud Led Zepplin before 6am that makes me move...

Kris- if as a result of your injured calf you end up with 6 pack abs, the injury would have a bright side! Great job with the ab workouts- you're making me want to return to the living room and pop in an ab routine.

Katie- I own High Reps, but never did it- it frightened me! My ultimate Cathe Cardio workout is Maximum Intensity Cardio- that is the "I have arrived" workout for me- 70minutes of very difficult intense cardio. And the music- Roller Coaster of Love...

Wiggie- I wouldn't say that spinning has trimmed my thighs- spot reducing has never worked out for me- but it has helped me melt off inches overall. I do believe- and I have no solid proof of this- that spinning helps to heal DOMS. Especially when I was doing STS, it floods heat & circulation into the sore muscles and soothes them- while your heart is at 80% of maximum!

Erin- I live in a tiny house with not a lot of room as well. I keep the step, barbell & a balance stick behind my love seat, there is a small trunk on a metal pedestal next to the tv that holds my dumbbells, plate weights, towels, gloves, etc.. the high step fits under the trunk, and the extra risers to the side. The nativity scene will be on the trunk soon enough. I have to do a lot of modification and furniture moving when I exercise due to the limited space. The exercise ball is in my laundry area. There is an unfinished addition on my house that I would like to make into a workout area, if my husband can get his junk out of there!!

Shouts out to Kiki, Terena & Barb & Lesia

Now that there is no spinning, to choose a workout for tomorrow...hmmmm

Bridget

morning girls...so baby up all night so i am exhausted! Hubby asked for my list for xmas.... I might just show him. I just know we dont have much room in this tiny apt. I want the push pull tower, adj db and p90x. I still need pace weights and some more plates for my barbell. But i keep saying i have to give the gym a try because i just dont have the room for all the stuff i need for sts. Any way today is leg day and hope little guy will sleep so i can bang that out:cool: bbl for personals

Good Morning Ladies.

Slept in this morning again but still managed to get in a short but kickin' work out with Shred: Level 3! :D

Took my bf% this morning after HATING my omron for a very long time! :rolleyes: Well I have to say it made a fast friend of me this morning! LOL Since losing the weight my BF% is now back down to where it was in 2007 after finishing a P90X rotation with an on spot diet! Haven't been that low since! It's perfect! I'm a happy girl! :D

Then I started thinking that maybe I should do a P90X rotation. I am ready for a change for a while but didn't know what to do and though the X might be a good choice. Couldn't wrap my mind around committing to atleast 3 hour long w/o's per week for 3 months though after doing such short work outs the majority of the time since finishing STS back in July!
So I was talking with a friend of mine this morning and she had the perfect solution....S90!!! I've had it for probably a year now and have never done a rotation nor have I ever even tried weight work outs! :eek: Soooo, starting Monday it's on baby! :D

In the meantime I have a goal...need to do Afterburn as produced and the new 1000 Rep work out that BR put out recently! :eek::D:eek::D I'm askeered!!!! I will do one tmrw and one on saturday. Wish me luck! :rolleyes:

BBS for personals.:p

Last edited:
wendy i am gonna get p90x for christmas. LEt make a deal do it for new years=))))))))))))

If I actually commit to S90 like I'm supposed to I won't be done yet. It's a 3 month rotation! Ofcourse I may be tempted to switch over around New Years if I know I will have company. It's a thought! ;)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.