STS Body Rockers - Week of November 20th

itsup2me

Cathlete
Hi there everyone,

Hope you all are having a great Sunday! Today was TBT - Lower Body - I decided to try the JFO PM to see what the differences were, really only 1, instead of the One legged squats, it was Rear lunges. Great workout, I really am loving this series, have I said that yet? :eek::rolleyes:

Lesia - great job on Disc 5! You are really kicking butt!

Katie - woo hoo on Size 4 pants! That's awesome! You've been working hard, you really deserve to feel great about what you've accomplished:) Great job with TB PM, I haven't tried any of those PMs yet, will have to try that one.

Hi Wiggie, Terina, Wendy, Bridget, Kiki, Erin and Barb!

Talk to you all later, have a great day!

Kris

Hey Ladies.

Just a fly by to report my work outs...

Saturday was slide n glide cardio + 2/3's of BR Grab Your Balls. It was a circuit that was repeaqted 3x. I only repeated it twice in the name of saving time.

Y'day was TSLB Split. OMG! Why didn't you ladies warn me about this one!?!? :eek::eek::D;):p HOLY MOLY!!!!! I loved it!!!!!;) Also have some nice ham/glute DOMS to show for my efforts. :)

This morning I decided on a BR called Ab Blitz...take a looksee if you want:: BODYROCK.tv | Fitness Advice, Workout Videos, Health & Fitness | Bodyrock.tv It's an oldie (Z was still a blonde!) but a goodie for sure!:D

That's all for now but I'll be back!;)

Good morning!

Yesterday's workout was Athletic Training and today was Cardio SuperSets + HR: Core only. Short, sweat, and (hopefully) effective. :)

Kris: I really liked TBT lower body too! The TBT total body premixes are great! I love that Cathe included an "express" TB premix and a "full" TB premix. Something for everyone! :p Thanks so much for your kind comments. I'm wearing my size 4 pants right now. :eek::eek::eek:

Lesia: Great job with Disc 5 and finding that perfect weight! I agree the series rocks. For me, STS just kept getting better and better so if you love it now just wait until you get to the next Meso. :)

Have a great day everyone!

Katie

Hi there ladies,

Today was S&G Cardio Only PM. I'm not the biggest fan of burpees, and that one has alot of them, but it's getting better each time I do them:) Got plenty sweaty in that short workout, love that!

Hi Katie - Yep, something for everyone in that one for sure:) Great workouts for you this weekend! Great job!

Hi Wendy - sorry about the lack of warning on TBT LB, I had really intense Doms after doing that one the first time (each time since I've had some Doms, but that 1st time, every time I went to pick something up off the floor in those next few days, I wasn't sure I'd be getting back up :eek::confused:)

Hi Wiggie, Bridget, Terina, Kiki, Erin and Lesia!

Have a great day everyone,

Kris

Cardio Supersets + Bonus Step! WOW!

I just completed Cardio Supersets + Bonus Step Drills and all I can say is WOW! I absolutely love CS and I use lower weights during the "cardio with weights" but I lowered my step to 6 inches to really get down in my legs and butt. I find that when I use 8 inches, it's more "aerobic" than "sculpt/tone". At 6 inches, my legs were feeling it.

I love the way Cathe gave us a Bonus Step with Weights option. Right now, I don't have time for complexity, I just want to get in there, do it, enjoy it, and be done. There are times that I enjoy Cathe's step choreo, but right now I really like just being athletic with STS.

I ordered Intensity DVD for some more options with Hiit, Bootcamp and IMax.

Tomorrow is STS Disc 6 Legs. Can't wait and then Week 2 will be over. This is by far my favorite way to train with no burnout.

Thanks Kris and everyone for the encouragement.

Lesia

lesia way to go!!!!!! I never thought i would enjoy sts this much either:D
krisnice job i have to remember that pre mix option!
katie nice job high 5
Morning girls ..starting week 2 in meso 2. I am coming to my weight limits for my home here. Think in the next few weeks i am gonna have to take it to the gym. I just dont have more room for more weight for my bb and i cant fit more db. So i will take it to the gym and see how it goes. ugggh I hate this time of year my ds had a stomach bug over the weekend. And you know what that means...me, hubby and baby will sure to have it! I feel so run down so i know i have a cold already. Anyway got my work out in even though i had my lo join me for the last part lol. HE loves to climb on my step when its out lol. k have a great one all

Morning girls. Where is everybody?? We'll I. Have my lo first play at school this am!! So did a quicky work out. S&G cardio n abs. Got a nice sweat on. We also put the pull up bar. Hubby is kind of into it to! Only thing is it only fits on one door. And we have to put it up and take it down. But it's really easy to do! So I plan I just doing the chin up section after the wo is over and just keep up with my band work. I also was thinking of trying to put chair out with the bb on it to try to do rev pull ups for the work out but we shall see . K

Week Two Meso 1 finished!

I completed Week 2 Meso 1 with Disc 6 - Legs. My legs were on fire with some of the newer moves in this workout. Wow those low-ends are wicked! (but in a good way!) I hope all these tough workouts are going to pay off for me.

Tomorrow is a planned rest day and I'll pick up Week 3 after Thanksgiving meal on Thursday.

Happy Workouts, Ladies!

Hi there everyone,

I did one of the Premixes from Yoga Relax (express 1) yesterday afternoon - felt like I needed a good stretch:) Today was CSS, got a good sweat in in those 40 minutes. :)

Erin - Hope you fend off all illness, great job getting to w2 of Meso 2! And great job getting in a workout when you have other stuff going on! That S&G cardio gets me a good sweat too:)

Lesia - Great leg workout! Those low ends really get you don't they:)

Hi Katie, Bridget, Wendy, Terina, Wiggie and Kiki!

Have a great day,

Kris

Hi gals!

Quick check-in. Today's workout was TBT Upper Body. I'm really liking this one! The back section doesn't seem as intense as in other Cathe workouts and yet I have back DOMS (which I rarely get). Whodathunk? :)

BBT for personals!

Katie

Good Morning Ladies.

This morning I did 2 BR's back to back. The first was 15 mins of intervals and the second was a timed work out that took me 13-14 mins to complete. Good stuff! :D

BODYROCK.tv | Fitness Advice, Workout Videos, Health & Fitness | Bodyrock.tv

and

BODYROCK.tv | Fitness Advice, Workout Videos, Health & Fitness | Bodyrock.tv (3 out of 4 rounds)

Then I got into work and a coworker had brought in dunkin donuts. I normally wouldn't partake but I figured, hey, why not start celebrating a day early and grabbed one!? LOL :p

Katie:: May not have been as intense but maybe the back exercises were different from what you are used to doing hence the DOMS! Besides that, we all know that change is good! ;) Oh and by the way,
Yesterday's workout was Athletic Training and today was Cardio SuperSets + HR: Core only. Short, sweat, and (hopefully) effective. :)
Check out the bolded word in this quote from one of your recent posts...was this a fraudian slip? ;):)

Kris:: I want to try a yoga relax premix. Sounds like a good stretch alternative to me as well. How long was the premix that you did? I haven't pulled the yogas out at all yet. Not even to look at them. :eek:

Lesia:: You are doing a great job with STS! I am sure you'll see results! Keep at it! :)

Erin:: Love S&G cardio! I had a door gym for a long time that I would put up only when I needed to use it. It got old though and was falling apart so when I got Cathe's tower I tossed it. Now I also have the dip station to use as well!

Ok, I think that catches me up on personals. If I missed someone, I apologize. It wasn't purposeful!

BBL or tmrw! :D

Check out the bolded word in this quote from one of your recent posts...was this a fraudian slip? ;):)

HAHAHA! Definitely a fraudian slip. Mental note: don't eat cereal when reading Wendy's posts. :p I about choked trying to chew and laugh at the same time. :rolleyes:

Good morning gals!

Today's workout was Low Impact Challenge (still loving that one) + TBT LB: Express premix (no warm-up). My legs are fried like bacon. :p

Wendy: Great job getting in TWO BR workouts this morning! Dunkin' Donuts sound delicious. Enjoy!

Kris: Fantastic workouts! CSS is growing on me for sure. Time just flys by during that workout (which is what I like :D).

Lucy: You've been getting in some wicked workouts lately. WTG! Those STS leg workouts are killers for sure! When I did STS I had to re-arrange my schedule to ensure I always did legs right before my rest day because I got crazy DOMS. :eek:

Erin: How's DS feeling? Stomach bug still bothering him? Have you tried out your new pull-up bar yet?

Waves to everyone else!

Katie

Katie:: That donut I ate needed to be A LOT MORE delicious then it was...FOR 10 WW POINTS!!!!!!!!!:mad: So how's the express L/B premix of TriSets? I know you pre-exhausted with LIC but do you think it's a worthy leg w/o when short on time??

Wendy: Hmmm, good question. I like the express TBTLB premix. A lot. BUT, with that being said, if I wanted a stand alone (no pre-exhaustion) quick yet effective hit for the legs I would likely either (1) do TBTLB premix but up the weight quite a bit, or (2) use another express premix (Gym Style Legs comes to mind). My legs are already sore from this morning, but I think that's because I tossed in LIC before TBTLB. Last week I did TBTUB and the LB express premix and my legs weren't sore at all. So that makes me think I need to either pre-exhaust the legs or really up the weight if i'm doing just the express premix.

I hope that makes sense....:D

Forgive my absence- once again! Busy during the Holidays, but it is all good. Gained 0.2lbs at WW today- TMO may have something to do with it, also had something to do with me not spinning on MOnday morning this week or anything yesterday, but I did spin my heart out this morning!

What is everyone doing for their Thanksgiving workout? I am torn between Athletic Training or Afterburn.

My in laws are coming over tomorrow for Tgiving, I have a few WW low point dishes to accompany the potatoes and stuffing, my SIL is bringing the green bean casserole. What are you guys all doing for thanksgiving? Are you watching your calories or just going for it?

Wendy- when you think of what you need to do to earn 10 WW activity points, it makes you think twice before eating the 10 point donut.

Katie- Haven't done low impact challenge yet- maybe that one for tomorrow. The more I change my mind, the less likely I am to do anything, so I need to make up my mind!

Kris- I like the yoga's workouts. The challenge is holding those postures for an extended period of time, and keeping my focus.

Lucy- STS is treating you well, hats off to you for doing STS after Thanksgiving dinner! The leg DOMS are killer!

Erin- very nice about your chin-up bar. If it were in my house, I'm afraid I may use it to hang clothes on.

Hello Barbara, Terena, Kiki- who did I forget? Have a great thanksgiving everyone!

Bridget

Hello Everyone!!!! Sorry I've been MIA, but I've been super busy preparing for vacation, not to mention all the errands I had to run. It was my fault, waiting to the last minute to do them. I am happy to report that I didn't skip my workouts. We ended up not leaving until this morning, my Hubby had things he had to handle at work before he could leave. I did my STS workouts this week, Mon D19 & HIIT 15, Tue D20 & LIC & Today D21. I brought the LIS series with me since it's very neighbor friendly & needs little equipment.

Katie, size 4? That's so tiny!!! I can't even imagine being that small!!

Erin, 4 lbs!! That's awesome!!!

Great workouts Wendy!!

Kris, my avatar is of my granddaughter when she was about 3 or 4 months old, she was a ladybug!!

Bridget, the spin class I went to must have been doing a tribute to Heavy D, a rapper who had died recently.

Leisa, great job with STS!! I'm loving it too!!!

Hello Terina!!

We're at Myrtle Beach, it's a little cool but I'm sitting on the balcony with a glass of wine enjoying the ocean. Our turkey & fixings are almost done!!

Have a great evening & a Happy Thanksgiving All!!!

Last edited:
Morning girls. Quick hello to everyone and ill try to get back later for personals:D Plan to day is legs i think its disc 17 while lo sleeps. ITs Thanksgiving so eat will be off a bit:p The pull up bar is the IRON Gym it was 20 bucks at target. So worth it..i plan to try again today with hubby help to get a few pull up done:cool: k have a great one

Happy Thanksgiving ladies!

Yesterday was a rest day for me, had a really sore right calf for some reason, so the rest day was well timed. Still kind of sore today, but I pushed through AT anyway:) That one is so tough for me, especially the 1st 1/2 hour or so, tougher than AB for me I think.

What do you all have planned for the day? We did the Thanksgiving with my family a couple weeks ago, thought that might be it, but we are going to my in-laws today - so 2 Thanksgiving dinners this year - I'm going to try to be a little smarter today, I was stuffed and miserable after the 1st one. I need to not be starving when I get there is the plan :eek:

Hi Erin - hope Disc 17 was good! :) That's a great deal on that pull up bar!

Hi Wiggie - great job on your workouts this week! Your granddaughter is absolutely adorable! Sitting on a balcony looking out on the ocean sounds heavenly, have a wonderful time!

Hi Bridget - great job on your spinning! Which did you decide on today? AB or AT? Or something else?

Hi Katie - glad you're loving LIC! Great job adding TBT LB premix too - great workout!

Hi Wendy - great BR workouts! The YR premixes are about 30 minutes each, nice stretch for sure!

Hi Kiki, Lesia and Terina!

I hope you all have a wonderful day!

Kris

Good Morning and Gobble Gobble to you, Ladies! :D

Ok so what was I thinking!?!? :confused: I did the Cardio Supersets Extreme Premix this morning! OH.MY.GAWD.!!!! :eek::eek::eek:
I hadn't even done the darn work out as produced yet! Just two 30 min premixes and I decided to take THIS on! WOW! What a work out! Perfect pre-Thanksgiving meal calorie burn! YEOWZAS! No guilt about what I eat/drink now!;)
So the dvd claims this premix is 64 mins long but according to my body and my clock (unless I am TOTALLY losing my mind!), this work out was much more like 74 minutes!!! Any opinnions here?

Kris:: I will have some extra time on my hands this weekend since my son will not be home for the weekend. Good time to break out the yoga perhaps! Thanks for the premix info! Enjoy the 2nd bird! ;)

Erin:: Nice score at Target! I love that store!

Wiggie:: OMG so jealous of your wine out on the porch with an ocean view! Whenever I've gone on a beach vacation and been lucky enough to get that view with a porch or patio, I always take advantage in the morning with my coffee and at night with a drink. So relaxing. :)

Bridget:: Sounds like you've got a good solid plan for watching the food intake for the holiday. Nice when you host b/c you can have that kind of control! :) Yeup, you got that right about the damn donut which is precisely why I usually avoid them like the plague! :eek:

Katie:: Believe it or not, that made perfect sense ;) and I thank you for your honesty! :) Glad you are loving LIC! I have to get back to it. I like it but other stuff keeps calling to me instead! :p

Ok I guess that's all for now...Heading over to mom's in a bit. We are going out to eat this year. I am looking forward to the change of pace!

Happy Thanksgiving! I'll be back (from work :() tmrw!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.