STS Body Rockers week of 9/25 :)

Fit_mommy

Cathlete
Hi Ladies.

Amy Bento's Kettlebell Dynamics w/o#1 plus my own abs for me today. In and out in less then 30 minutes and still got an awesome w/o! Now that's what I'm talkin' about! :D

Katie:: Step Blast is a goodie for sure. I don't reach for much though cause I used it soooo much when I first learned how to step. :rolleyes: I use a computer all day at work too. Doesn't bother me though. I prefer computers over tvs do be honest. Despise sitting in front of the tv unless I am watching something of particular interest like a movie I want to see or something(which doesn't happen often anymore). Would much rather sit in front of my computer. It's my entertainment I guess. Am I wierd? :p Anyway, doing BR doesn't require TONS of PC time but it will require a few mins to review the moves, etc. Yes an interval timer will be a great help. Almost can't do BR properly w/o one. As for a kettlebell...I use them bc I have them but you can sub in any kind of weight that works for you.

Thanks for starting the thread Wendy

Today is Sunday, and that's my day of rest! Plan on getting up early to spin tomorrow...

Wendy- my TV is situated so I can see it in my living, dining rooms and kitchen. I rarely sit down and watch anything, rather I kind of watch it when I am doing multiple tasks. I don't have the time or patience to sit and watch anything. I would rather be at my laptop as well.

Katie- I think I burned out on Step Blast when it first came out- I did it all the time- glad it still does it for you!

Thinking of the vacationing Kiki and Kris and wishing I was there ;)

Good morning!

So, I must confess to my out of control eating yesterday. I love to bake and made healthy(ier) chocolate chip cookies. They were AMAZING. So over the course of 3-4 hours I proceeded to eat SIX cookies. SIX! :eek: I eventually had to tell DH to get rid of them because I was out of control. :rolleyes: Even DH, who is not a sweets fan, loved the cookies. Okay, I feel better confessing my sins. :p Back on track today!

I've started my "ode to 4DS" this week so yesterday I did 4DS: Bootcamp + abs and today I did 4DS: HIS. I love this series! Cathe goes crazy heavy with her weights and i'm not close to matching her but I'm loving the workouts nonetheless. :)

Wendy: Enjoy your rest day! Great workouts this past weekend. When I was a Cathe "newbie" I burned up Step Blast too! It was 1 of only 2 Cathe workouts that I had for 2-3 months so I was doing SB 2-3 times a week. I'm pretty sure i've got the workout memorized! :p I've added the timer to my "workout wishlist." Because of the whole adoption thing i'm only able to get 1 think off my workout wishlist every 4-6 months but maybe in a year or two i'll finally get the timer and will be able to join you in BR workouts. ;) :)

Bridget: How was spinning this morning? I think I burned up SB for awhile too which is probably why I haven't done the workout in awhile (except for a few premixes with SJP)! It was nice getting "back to basics" (so to speak). Last 2 weeks of STS right?? Any post-STS plans yet?

I'm singing the STS blues this morning. I put disc #33 in the dvd player, and it wouldn't go. I checked the remaining discs in STS- and they were fine, just not #33. All the fussing around with my DVD player messed with my time, and I took another unscheduled rest day- grr. I had my bench set up, my barbell filled, no workout. I was going to just do #34, but I didn't have the card printed up, again a time killer.

I emailed customer service-they are usually very good.

I will finish STS if it kills me!

Katie- those cookies sound great! I would have eaten more than six though!

Wendy- hope you enjoyed your rest day- look forward to hearing how you rocked it today!

Bridget

Good Morning.

Today was BR Hot Body work out as per Zuzanna's schedule. 15 min circuit that looks like this:

side to side lunges
reptile push ups
v up crunch
prisoner squat
knee raise off dip station

The circuit is done 3x thru at 55s max effort per exercise w/5s rest btwn. Finished off with about 7 mins of Tonique Mat exercises done on your back with a 10# DB resting on my pelvis. Didn't take long to feel that one! ;):eek:

Bridget:: OMG how frustrating. Stuff like that just sets me off. Gotta really work to mentally recover from a morning like that. Sorry. :(

Katie:: Your cookie debackle is exactly why I don't bake!:p When I was a SAHM I would take naps in the early afternoon and sometimes I would wake up with this killer sugar craving and I would ATTACK any sugary item (cookie cake etc) that was not nailed down!!! :eek: That being said if I baked, I would have had a lot more options and that would be baaaad!!!! So IDG the connection between the adoption process and buying fitness items? Am I missing something??? :confused:

Last edited:
Hi everyone! I'm continuing on my 4DS journey with Lower Intensity Step. I'd forgotten how much I enjoy the shoulder exercises. Burned like crazy! :)

Wendy: Ohhh that BR workout sounds like a goodie! I love the "crocodile pushups" - I had to Google that one! :D I can't purchase workout items because the adoption process is sucking every extra penny we have at the moment. Honestly i'm shocked at the cost of adoption - a domestic adoption averages about 25K and an international adoption averages about 30K. Because i'm a young, new attorney my salary is only 38K and i've got oodles of law school debt and my husband is still finishing school and only works part-time making around 15K. We've been saving every little bit we can but now that we've started the adoption process all extras are gone - which includes new workout stuff. :( Admittedly it's very frustrating, but at the same time we want to start a family and because we can't have kids of our own adoption is our only option. AHHHHHH! Sorry - can you sense my frustration? Admittedly it's been a very trying time lately. Sorry for the rant. :eek: Thank goodness I still have my workouts! Lately its been the only time I can just let go of the stress. Maybe I should start adding in more kickboxing workouts? :p

Bridget: I'm so sorry to hear about your STS disc debacle! Definitely frustrating!!!! I had a small problem with my STS set too and SNM fixed it ASAP. Your determination to finish STS is definitely inspiring though! :) Those cookies were amazing! I brought some to work and got many compliments. The judge (my boss) complained the "presentation" was lacking because the cookies broke and cracked easily. :rolleyes: Of course I told him where he could stick those cookies if he didn't want to eat them. :D (he knew I was kidding of course). Here is the recipe in case you would like to indulge too ;) : Best Low-fat Chocolate Chip Cookies Ever | Skinnytaste

Hi there ladies -

I had to check in to see how you all are doing - and to get some motivation to get my butt in gear again :eek:

I got home late last night (after some rental car issues - flat tire :( ) Other than that, vacation was great - so nice up there in Big Bear - really amazing. Got some walking (up and down crazy hills) done, that's it. This a.m., I was exhausted from the trip I guess and didn't workout. I think I'll feel better tomorrow - and I will exercise regardless :)

Hi there Bridget - So sorry you had disc problems with STS:( I bet SNM makes it right fast. You are so close to done! Great job!

Hi Katie - mmmmm... the cookies sound delicious! :) Way to go with your 4DS groove! :eek: I am so sorry about the adoption stress - it's crazy isn't it? the cost involved - so worth it though no doubt:)

Hi Wendy - That BR workout looks awesome! You continue to be a great motivator:)

So glad to see you all are doing so great - such a huge motivating help to me to see your posts:)

Kris

Hi Ladies.

This morning was BR's Silent Killer Work Out and boy oh boy was it aptly moving! Fast moving weight circuit. Tons of squats, lunges, some ab work and pull ups. OY. I was dripping with sweat when I was done! I was so sweaty that I took one hand off the barbell I was using for squats/lunges on the last set of squats and that side slid right off my shoulder!:eek: Nothing broken including me so it's all good but it COULD have been much worse! :confused:

So my UGI was delivered y'day! So excited!!!! I wanted to add on one of the work outs it came with this morning but I ran out of time. I will get great use out of it regardless though. Zuzanna/BR uses it often and that's why I bought it anyway! :D

Kris:: Glad you had a great vacation. Hard to get back to reality, isn't it?

Katie:: Ok now I understand re buying fitness stuff during adoption. My step sister is going through the process as well but I haven't talked to her much about it yet so I'm clueless. :confused: And yes, kickboxing is a great way to release frustration! I say go for it! ;)

Hi there ladies

I did LBB this a.m. - good to get back into it. I was a sweaty mess when I finished and suspect I'll be feeling it tomorrow - yay!

Hi Wendy - Yay on getting your Ugi:) I love getting new exercise stuff, remotivates me. Sounds like a great workout - silent killer, I like that:) .

Hi there Katie and Bridget! :)

Have a great night everyone,

Kris

Good Morning.

Today's BR work out was entitled : My Buns Hurt! and this is what it looks like:

Time: 16min.Workout Type: Intervals and CombosExercises: 4
  • Sandbag Lunge Back Press Up & Squat Leg Lift-40 sets total for time
  • Rocket Launchers12 rounds - 4minutes of intervals
  • Kick Ups-20 sets for time
  • Jump Lunges/Mountain Climbers-10/10 seconds x 12 rounds
It was tough and even tougher on my poor sore legs! If my buns hurt tmrw and my legs are still sore I am going to be in serious trouble!:eek: LOL

I did my usual 100 rep jump rope warm up with this and added 5 mins of jump rope afterwards since I had a little bit of extra time.

Kris:: Oh boy you are probably feeling the lower body DOMS right along with me today, huh? ;)

BBL.

Last edited:
Hey gang
Back to STS- final week! 34 today. My chest trembled as I applied my eye makeup this morning.
Ww lost 0.4 yesterday!
Signed up for spin tomorrow

Wendy- my bums hurt just looking at your workout!

Katie- I'm hoping to do the Gauntlet from terminator after STS to seal things up!

Kris- welcome back!

Kiki- hope you are wearing your sunscreen

Bridget

Hi there everyone,

I did Timesaver #4 this a.m. - kickbox from KPC and shoulders from SJP plus a little "bonus" footage:) It was a good sweat again for sure - used the weighted gloves for the KB part:) Yep, got the Low body DOMs going :eek::D

Hi Wendy - my buns hurt too just looking at that:) Great job!

Hi Bridget - great job on disc 34! that's awesome - I hear you with the arm shakes after STS - there was more than a few times in those workouts where I wasn't sure if I might not drop the weight on my head due to the shakes :eek: and afterward - yikes, even worse! Did SNM get back to you?

Hi Katie and Kiki:) - hope you are both doing great!

Have a great night everyone!

Kris

Hi ladies,

Today is my rest day so no workout for me. Wednesday I did HiiT 40/20 (only cheated once - woohoo) and AC: yoga based abs. Yesterday I finished out the 4DS with Kickbox. I adore that workout! Even the legs section which ya'll know I usually despire working legs. :eek: ;)

I've been gleefully watching the clips of the new workouts. I'm soooo excited! I'm needing to change things up a bit and i'm thinking the new series will be just the ticket. I'm especially excited about the Turbo Barre workout (even though I don't have the turbo tower). I really enjoy dance/ballet type workouts (Yoga Booty Ballet anyone? :p ) but started shying away from them because the intensity just wasn't there. I have a feeling Cathe is going to kick my butt!

Kris: Welcome back! :) I'm glad to hear you had a great time at Big Bear! I'm sure your body was grateful for the rest too. It sounds like you've gotten back into the groove again though. LBB and KPC back to back = yowza! ;)

Bridget: High Fives on the weight loss!! I bet you'll see even more weight loss once you finish STS, or I did at least. The extra muscle I gained from STS plus kicked up cardio resulted in weight loss extravaganza! :) Good luck with Gauntlet! You're going to rock it!

Wendy: How are those buns feeling today? ;) I always have the hardest time forcing myself to workout when my legs/buns are sore. :rolleyes: I'm not being much help am I? :D Very glad to hear you weren't hurt when your barbell slipped! How are you liking your ugi so far???

Hey Ladies.

Today was the newest BR called "I found the love" work out or something like that. It was not a complicated work out but not easy to do. Ten minutes of 1 divebomber push up into 1 knee raise off dip station or rol over and do a knee in crunch(I actually made it 2 crunches-just a preference). I didn't feel like messing with my kitchen chairs to make a dip station today so I took the crunch option. I jumped rope for 10 mins BEFORE I did this BR so that made it even tougher! Not my fave combo but a tough work out none the less! I actually counted today and did 25 sets in the 10 minutes. I think my number fails miserably against Zuzanna but that's why SHE is the trainer and I am the student! ;)

Katie:: Good job with 40/20! I rarely do that one cause it hurts my lungs too much! :p Haven't spent much time with UGI yet but I will come Sunday I think so I'll let you know! Yeah, y'day was a tough work with sore legs! Legs still hurt today (buns do NOT though!) but today's work out wasn't lower body focused so it was ok.

Kris:: I did a small rotation utlizing the BB timesaver work outs once. It was a nice change! They are great to get alot done in short time.

Bridget:: Great job with the scale! So nice to see that number going in the right direction! My bum isn't sore :( but my legs still are!:eek:

Hi there everyone! TGIF:)

I did IMAX this a.m. - got a great workout! I was one sweaty sweaty chick when I got done :eek: I've taken Katie's suggestion and began the July 2010 rotation today. :)

Hi Wendy - Great workout! I love the way you substitute what works for you - chairs for dipstation for example:) You are creative.

Hi Katie- I'm with you - can't wait for the new series! I'm loving the clips too. (I have Yoga Booty Ballet too!) I agree, I think Cathe's are going to kick our butts:) Great workouts the last few days - enjoy your rest day!

Hi Bridget and Kiki!

Kris

Happy Saturday ladies!

I did HSC this a.m. - another sweaty one for me :eek: Really felt good - those leg presses got me for sure!

Hope you all have a fabulous day!

Kris

Hey gang

I almost didn't exercise today- my w/o bra didn't get hung to dry and was still wet in the morning (I'm someone who really needs their ducks in a row in order to exercise- anything not in order will throw me off). So I showered and went about my day. I have a date tonight, DH wants to go to a nice Italian (not point friendly) restaurant while DD is at a slumber party. So...this afternoon I did plyo legs- for the last time :) followed by IMAX2 1-5!!! For a whopping high intensity 15 activity points over 90 minutes!! I can indulge in some calamari with that!! (maybe even dessert? I still have my WP's)

I never noticed this before, but in interval 1, she says that if you are still warming up you can take the first interval easy, "but if you are coming off of another workout, give it 150%!" its as though she knew!!

Only one disc left and STS is complete! I can't believe I committed to it, and nearly completed it! I have you guys to thank for keeping me accountable.

Wendy- not sure that BR is for me, but I'm loving the names of your workouts!

Katie- there is something in the mail from SNM now- I'll bet it's the new disc #33- They want me to trade it for the defective one. I did IMAX2 today to mentally gear up for the Gauntlet- I love the warmup with the "squeaky wheel" music in the beginning.

Kris & Katie- why July 2010? What makes that rotation special?

Kiki- Thinking of you on the beach on your tropical vacation, thinking of creative ways to get an achilles friendly workout in...

Woo Hoo- I haven't showered yet, I'm so high right now! Really should do that before we go out!

Bridget

Good morning!

Yesterday I did a mini-mosh which consisted of Imax 3: step only for segments 1-7 (skipping 5 b/c it was to easy) + step and blasts for segments 8, 9 and 10 + Pyramid Upper Body (no warmup). This morning I did B&G again. The whole thing this time. I survived! :D Although I did lay on the floor for 1-2 minutes before starting the stretch. :eek:

Bridget: Killer workout yesterday!!! Wow! :) I hope you had a fantastic "date night" with your hubby. I focused on the July 2010 rotation because it is cardio and circuit heavy. After the "split" style of STS I found this rotation perfect to shock my body and shed pounds.

Kris: Oh man I LOVE HSC! That one has a high fun factor for me! Way to work it!

Wendy: I definitely hear ya on the "lung pain" with 40/20! Same thing happens to me which is why I honestly don't reach for it very often. :eek: Can't wait to hear your assessment of the UGI!

Enjoy your Sunday!

Katie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.