STS BODY ROCKERS WEEK 2/19!

erin1621

Cathlete
HI ALL:D sorry I have been MIA. But between kids school work and now triathlon its hard to have time. I just met all the coaches yesterday for our first run as a team. We have our training schedule as a team Tuesday nights spin, sat are for runs, sunday night swim meet=) Its hard to try to make it to all these team meets. But I am going to try my hardest because its so important. I am so happy I did this its an amazing feeling! The team and staff are incredible and I just cant put into words the energy and excitement from everyone. If you ever have a chance to try Team in Training go for it!!!!! They are incredible people and its the best decision i have made beside my kids of course! But one down side is no time left for weights! I am going to try my hardest to fit it in but I just cant find 2hrs to do this all! But what makes me feel better is its just an excuse to do sts all over again in July when this is over=)))))))))) ok girls hope everyone is good=)

Erin- so good to hear from you! We have been eagerly awaiting your tri training schedule. Weights will not go anywhere while you are pursuing this. You can come back to it after your race. I'm taking a swim class at the Y- the tri people swim after my class, I may stick around a while and see what that is about...

My tushie is still burning from After Burn 2 days ago. I am fearful of going on RT while I still feel such pain after AB, what special kinds of pain will I experience after 3 days with Cathe?

Spinning tomorrow, it's getting harder to get into spin these days- classes fill up very fast. You can only sign up 24hours before the class begins, and lately they have been filling up by 7-7:30 am, and the Y people are bombarded with spin calls right after the Y opens. I'm thinking of cutting back my spinning (as much as I love to spin) and pursue some different cardio on spinning days.

Hello All!:D

Friday's workout was Afterburn, Saturday's workout was Step My Way with Patrick Goudeau & 20 minutes on my bike. Sunday's workout was Athletic Training, 30 minutes on my bike & my push ups for the challenge. It started raining Saturday evening & it is still raining so no outside activites today.

Erin, thanks for the update, I was wondering how the training was going!! We know you're busy, but very interested in your progress!!:)

Bridget, I went to WW last year from June 1st to Sept. 14th & lost 31.2 pounds. I went back on Wed the 15th & had lost only 3 more. So I decided I need WW for motivation. I would like to lose about 15 more.

That's all for now, talk to you tomorrow!!

Morning ladies!

Yesterday's workout was Disc 11 (back and triceps). It was my first time using my new pullup bar. WOW! It was soooo much harder! Of course I can't do any pullups on my own (DH assisted me the whole time) but I still felt it like crazy in my back, arms, everywhere.

Today's workout was Lower Body Blast. I just purchased this one (using the 30% off with my preorder) and i'm glad I did. It's unique and worked my lower half very well. I'm hoping for DOMS tomorrow! :D :p

Erin: Your training schedule sounds intense but so much fun! I bet the group atmosphere is very motivating. You're going to do great!! I wouldn't worry so much about the weights right now because the triathalon is more endurance focused. Maybe try to sneak in 1 full body workout per week and you'll be fine! :)

Bridget: You're going to be just fine at the roadtrip! :) I've heard Cathe takes it slightly easier on ya because there are so many classes. I really hope she does the live class thing again so I can work out with you! Maybe it's a good idea to change up your cardio. Shock your body right? ;)

Wiggie: Wow, fantastic workouts this weekend! I'm amazed you can do 30 minutes on your bike after AT. That one wipes me out! :eek: How is the pushup challenge going?

Well we had fun in ac but we had to cut it short. Got home y'day afternoon. DS got sick saturday night and even though his fever had dropped by Sunday morning, we didn't want to take the chance so we came home a day early. Y'day I cooked dinner. Made this Pork Tenderloin with Onions and Dried Cranberries Recipe | MyRecipes.com but left out the cranberries and subbed in broccolli for the spinach in the side. Served the meat on mashed potatoes. YUMMY! We watched episode 4 of Star Wars while we ate. (We started watching them from episode 1 last weekend)
Today I am making this for dinner. Pasta with Roasted Butternut Squash and Shallots Recipe | MyRecipes.com We'll probably watch more Star Wars while we eat.

So since we came home early you know I couldn't NOT work out today! :p I kinda reversed the order of week 3 of the rotation because I wasn't in the mood for lifting so I started with the last work out of the week and did CSS instead. :)

K, off to the foodstore with me...BBL or in the a.m.!

Hi Body Rockers

60 minute spin today- it is normally a 45 min class, a few of us stayed for the full hour. Still feeling Dom-sie from AB, spinning helps flush out the legs. Afterward, some of the members & our fair instructor suggested getting together a womens cycling club once the weather gets nice. I haven't owned a bicycle since I've had a driver's license, so I guess that is next!

I am blown away by how much I've been loving the fitness over the past year- I ordinarilly have seen working out as a means to an end.

Tomorrow is TRX class- is it the last one? I can't remember.

Wiggie- you did AB, then did something else the next day? You are my hero! In addition, you lost 30-something pounds last summer in 3 months, and then lost only 3lbs last week? Again, you are my hero!

Wendy- sorry your weekend was cut short by illness. Dinner sounds good, what time should I arrive?

Katie- I have had lower body blast since getting it at the presale but never did it. It looks fun when I preview it, but lower body workouts scare me! I know, I need to bite the bullett and just to it... I take some comfort in knowing that Cathe will go easy on me in RT, but it still makes me want to work hard to be prepared for her!

Have a great day everyone!

Bridget

Good morning All!!

My workouts for Monday were, Cyclemax that morning, 30 minutes of Cardio Strength that afternoon, my husband got home from work & we took the dog for a walk that was about 40 minutes, then later I did a Slide & Glide premix which was 39 minutes. I was off for the holiday. Trying to make sure I have a loss my first week back at WW.

Katie, good job on the pull-ups!!:p I can’t do any of those either. When I was using the pull up bar I had gotten to the point where I could sort of do 2, but now I always use the tower & last time I tried the bar I couldn’t do them anymore. Those workouts weren’t done back to back, there was at least a couple of hours between workouts. I’m up to 63 pushups, having trouble getting past that number.

Wendy, glad your DS is ok. Great recipes!! You are quite the chef!!:) And I am not surprised at all that you worked out, good job!!

Bridget, I very seldom get doms, I used to think I wasn’t working hard enough, but my workouts do feel hard while I’m doing them. I guess I’m just blessed!! That only 3 pounds was from 9/14/11 to 2/15/12. That’s why I rejoined WW!!:D

Have a great day!!:D

Last edited:
Good Morning!

I did 4DS LIS on an 8" step and did the finshed combos segment 2x just for fun! ;) Great work out. Did this instead of LIC today...just because!:p

Bridget:: Sorry you missed dinner but we ate early so I didn't have time to come back here to give you a time to show up by! ;) It was very good though! YUM! IKWYM about spin filling up. The classes at our gym filled up quickly too though not nearly as quick as yours. :eek: I could atleast wait to sign up til I got to the gym for the class but I had to show up atleast 30 mins ahead of time or I couldn't get in and I thought that was bad! :rolleyes: LOL I know better now! :p

Wiggie:: Great work outs! Nice job on the loss with WW too. I love WW. I have been maintaining with the program since end of summer/early fall. I hesitate to ever cancel my membership. Really keeps me on track!

Katie:: I prefer Lower Body Blast over B&G. Do you have B&G as well? Great job with the pull ups on the new bar! They aren't easy but over time if you are consistent a few unassisted pull ups should be in your future. Even if they aren't though, your back will still look phenominal b/c of them so don't get discouraged! :)

Erin:: Hey. Welcome back. I was wondering where you had disappeared too! Tri training sounds very exciting!:) Back when I considered running a full marathon I considered doing it with TNT. The marathon never happened but still may some day and I will once again consider running it with TNT!

Last edited:
Hello!!!!

Today's workout was HiiT 40/20 + AC: medicine ball abs. Mental note: don't do 40/20 at 5:30 a.m. Not a good idea! :eek: ;)

Wendy: Oh man you know I love me some 4DS:LIS! Great idea to add extra risers. I always "forget" to do that. :D :p I do have B&G but rarely do it because of the dread factor. I've only done LBB once, but I don't see it having any dread factor. It was a lot of fun!! I hope my back looks phenominal from pullups! Now i'm really motivated! Thanks Wendy!!! P.S. Bridget and I are coming to your house for dinner this weekend. :p ;)

Wiggie: 63 pushups?? That's awesome!!! Are you following a specific pushup program, or just adding a few more every day? I was thinking after I finish Meso 1 I might start a pushups program (or whatever you call it...you know what I mean, lol) so I can keep up my pushup stamina.

Bridget: A cycling club sounds like so much fun! You get to get outside, plus you don't have to worry about the "bike drama" anymore! IKWYM about fitness becoming fun. I never thought I was seriously "enjoy" working out! :)

Katie,

I feel the same way about B&G so I rarely reach for it unless I happen to be doing a rotation it's in. IDK how people can do it once a week and even more! LBB has a much lower dread factor for me as well. Not that I've reached for that one regularly either though! :p:rolleyes: LOL I think Cathe + lower body work outs = FEAR for me. Plain and simple! :eek:;):D:p Trust me, my back never looked so good as it did after 3 months of pull ups with Tony/P90X! That rotation kept me "pulling" non-stop (more then STS does) and it paid off in big ways so keep it up! :) Sure-come on over! I can usually be found cooking up something every weekend and various week nights as well! ;) Great job with HiiT this morning! LOL re not doing it at 5:30! I feel your pain! That's when I usually start my work outs too! :eek:

Katie, I found a program online called the 100 pushup challenge that gives you a workout schedule to help you reach 100 pushups. You perform an initial test, the result determines what week you will start on. My daughter & I are doing it.:)

Wendy, are you a lifetime WW member?

Bridget, a cycling club sounds like fun!!

Last edited:
Wiggie:: No. I joined online so I don't qualify for a lifetime membership. I don't think it's fair but I have no desire or need to go to meetings so I deal with it. :rolleyes::p Are you? :)

Katie:: There is a pull up challenge set up like the push up challenge Wiggie is doing you know! ;)

Last edited:
Wendy, no, I'm not sure I want to be the weight they set for me. I think it's a little low for my build. I'll just have to see as I get closer to it.

Wendy, no, I'm not sure I want to be the weight they set for me. I think it's a little low for my build. I'll just have to see as I get closer to it.

I hear you. YOU have to be comfortable, not them so do what feels good to you girl. Considering you are a Cathelete you probably have some killer muscles which will cause you to weigh a bit more then someone without so it would make sense if you wanted to stop a few pounds above the goal that they set for you. :)

Last edited:
Good morning All!!

Tuesday's workout was Fire 55 EZ & my pushups, did 65. I can tell it's gonna take a while to get past that!!:p

Wendy, I like that answer & that's the story I'm sticking with!!:D

Have a great day All!!:)

Hello Ladies.

P90X Legs and Back today in place of STS Plyo Legs/Turbo Barre. Loved it and the pull ups were a nice bonus! Gotta love extra back work! ;)

Wiggie:: Great job on your work out and congrats on 65 push ups! You go girl! :D

Good morning All!!:)

Wednesday's workout was Lower Body Blast, this is probably the 2nd time I've done this workout & I've had it since the preorder. I don't know why but I didn't like it at first. You guys were talking about it so I pulled it out. Well long story short, I like it now.:D

I went to my first WW weigh in yesterday & lost 4.4, very happy with that. I always do well the first 2 weeks, I guess it's new to me again & I'm really strict. They made a few changes to the program. My points allowance went down to 26, & they now do 3 sessions for new people called powerstart, it's supposed to help get you off to a strong start. I bought the 6 week pass, may sign up again if they are still running a special.

Well, that's all for now, hope everyone has a great day!!

Last edited:
Hello, Hello!

Forgot to check-in yesterday...it was all around a weird day. Didn't sleep much Tuesday night, yesterday's workout (STS - Disc 10, shoulders/chest/bicep) was awful (I struggled like crazy to increase my weight to 70% of my IRM), and overall I was just grumpy, frustrated, and mean. Hmmm, maybe it was a GOOD thing I didn't check in yesterday. LOL! You'd think it was TTOM (it's not). :rolleyes: :eek: BUT today is much better! Today's workout was STS - Disc 12 (legs). I love working my legs, so today's workout definitely made me happy. :D I don't know what my problem was yesterday but i'm glad i'm over....THAT...and moving on! :)

Wiggie: LOL @ now liking LBB. I've only done it once but I enjoyed it too. :) I'm going to do a google search for the push-up challenge. Meso 1 always increase my push up strength/ability and then it starts to wane, so hopefully the push up challenge will help me keep it up! YAY on the weight loss. That's fantastic! Keep up the great work! :)

Wendy: A pullup challenge scares the crap out of me. :confused: BUT, it's a great idea! The exercises we hate the most are the ones we should do the most often right? :p Nice job with your P90X workout! Are you still liking the (modified) LIS/STS rotation??

Good Afternoon Girls.

Way late check in for me today, I know! :eek:

Well I went to bed a little too late last night and therefore slept a little too late this morning to do my originally scheduled P90X upper body work :rolleyes: out sooooo I modified and reorganized my week a little bit more then it already had been :p and did S&G muscle conditioning premix (30 mins) instead. No worries though, I still intend to BRING IT over the next few days! ;)

Hey btw-anyone else besides me find the S&G ab segment to be surprisingly tough!? :eek:

Katie:: Right you are about doing the exercises we hate MORE cause chances are good we hate them cause we aren't good at them!:p That can be a hard pill to swallow though, huh? :eek: LOL Yeup, I am really enjoying the rotation! Thank you for keeping my motivation up! I'd be missing a goody if I had ended up not doing it! :)

Wiggie:: Glad you finally tried LBB. It's a great lower body work out despite the fact that I haven't done it much. :rolleyes::eek: Congrats on the great WW news! That's awesome! Keep it up! :D

Guess that's all fow now! So glad this day is already half way over!:p

BBL~:cool:

Forgive me for not checking in- I did spin yesterday, and added an additional TRX class today- AND I signed up for TRX next session. Even more than liking the workouts, I like the people I'm with.

I'm in the market for a nice used bike- I let my Y friends know, there are some there who upgrade every year, I will happily take their knockoffs...

Spinning tomorrow, maybe high step challenge on Saturday- that one is a favorite of mine!

Wendy- I did the B&G ab segment last weekend and earlier in the week- I was pleased that I can do it- I attribute it to TRX- I can actually see some muscle under my mini-muffin top.

Wiggie- WTG on the weight loss! I'm still on the plan- lost this week, but gained the previous 2 weeks, so I'm just trying to get back to where I was then- hopefully by next weigh in on Wednesday.

Shout out to you Katie!

Take care all

Bridget

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.