STS BODY ROCKERS WEEK OF 12/12

ricklyk1

Cathlete
Good morning gals!

Getting us started for the week! Yesterday's workout was Intensity (yikes) and today's workout was MMA: Boxing. My legs are soooo sore from the cominbation of pylo legs, terminatior and intensity so MMA: Boxing was a welcome change this morning.

BBL for personals!

Okay, i'm back. Quiet around here this morning...

Wendy: Great workouts! Are you enjoying your S90 rotation?? How does it compare to Cathe?

Terina: Nice job getting in both PUB and PLB this weekend! I've got PUB on tap for tomorrow...love that one! :)

Katie /B] thanks for getting us started !
Hi everyone=)
I am on a much needed rest week. I skiped the last work out in meso 2! Just been so busy and so much sickness this week that i just didnt feel the need. I am spending this week trying to eat as healthy as possible. So lots of cooking going on =) I want to try to get in some yoga classes as well. I went to my xmas party and i have to say not only did everyone say how skinny i was lol but in the pics i see muscle def!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My friend even grab my arm to tell me something and took a step back and was like wow i feel your muscle lol
I wasnt flexed :cool: I really am so impressed with my results and look forward to meso 3! I may just have to start taking the work out cards to the gym but i am gonna play it buy year. I think if i do a second round of sts i may make some purchase such as pace weights and adj db. But for this first round i am gonna just try to make the best with what i got=)

Hi ladies,

I did Imax 3 Premix on Saturday - Int. 1-5, yesterday I did Kickmax. Today was TBTUB. It's rainy here today, but during a break in the rain, I brought my pointer out for a quick run (mostly so I wouldn't get caught in the rain, but felt pretty good - I've had shinsplints before when I ran, so need to stretch/strengthen to make sure that doesn't happen again - what a way to ruin a workout routine)

Hi Katie - You got a couple of great workouts in for sure! I have Intensity on the plan for this coming weekend:)

Hi Erin - Enjoy your rest week! That's awesome that you got that kind of feedback on your results! You've been working hard and it's great that it's paying off! Woo hoo!

Hi Bridget - how's the spinning? What songs have kept you going lately? :)

Hi Wendy - can't wait to hear about S90 too!

Hi Wiggie - How are you doing? Getting in some great workouts too I bet!

Hi Terina - I just did PLB and PUB last week (I've had them for some time, this was the first time doing them :eek: ) - I really enjoyed them.

Hi Kiki - hope you're doing well and getting in some great workouts too - hope you're enjoying your spinning too:)

Hope you all have a good evening,

Kris

Good Morning.

Y'day's work out was S90 Chest and Back plus 500 low impact mountain climbers using Cathe's Slide n Glide discs. This morning was supposed to be Ultimate Ball but I slept right through it... :eek::confused::rolleyes:

Katie:: S90 is a tough, no frills rotation that will get you results just like any other if you put the proper effort into it. I've had DOMS since I started this rotation! :eek: It's not Cathe in terms of production quality, music, etc but a very very good set if you don't require the "frills". :)

Erin:: Great compliments! Love that! Really makes all of your hard work that much more worth it! :)

Kris:: Sounds like a nice run with your dog!:)

Good morning!

Today I braved Pyramid Upper Body. YOWZA!!! My arms are STILL a little shaky. :confused: :rolleyes: I sucked at the pikes on the stability balls...only got in about 7 before I had to start doing every other one. :mad: I WILL conquer those stupid things. :p

My back is killing me this morning. I don't know if it's DOMS from MMA: Boxing or from sitting at my desk for 10 hours yesterday (long day...). Hopefully it will go away soon!

Erin: YAY for the awesome compliments! That's fantastic!!!!! All your hard work is definitely paying off. Enjoy your recovery week, rest up, and get ready to kick some butt in Meso 3! :p ;)

Kris: Great workouts! I haven't done KM in favor...maybe I need to give it another shot. I hear ya on the shin splints from running. I ALWAYS get shin splints. :mad: Smart idea to add in that extra stretching.

Wendy: 500 LOW IMPACT MOUNTAIN CLIMBERS?!?! Holy crap lady you are amazing! ;) I can barely survive, like, 20 of those. :rolleyes: Thanks so much for your thoughts on S90. I'm so excited to get it (hopefully) this week. I like frills, but I don't need 'em, especially if i'm getting a great workout! Bring on the fun! :)

Katie:: Re S90...The weight work outs are set up as circuits. You do 2-4 exercises back to back and then repeat that "circuit" 2-3 times in a row before moving on to the next one. The cardios are both drill style but Tabata Inferno is set up in circuits like the weight work where Cardio Challenge is not but it's an interval work out of 30 sec work/30 secs rest doing a different exercise every time. No repeats. Just figured I'd give you a bit more detail as to how the work outs are set up. Also, they are all average 30-45 minutes in length which I LOVE! :)

Hello Everyone!!

I am on vacation this week(again), I can carry only a certain amount of vacation hours over to the next year, so if I don't use them I lose them. I didn't go anywhere, just getting some stuff done around the house that I don't usually have time for. I kept my granddaughter(Bailee) over the weekend, she went back home just 2 hours ago. I still managed to workout everyday, Bailee likes to excercise with me, she usually prefers Turbo Fire, but she likes the a couple of workouts from the Low Impact Series. I can't do my weight workouts because she tries to lift weights with me, so I am behind on Meso 3.

My workouts were: Tabata Inferno Thur, HIIT 25 Fri, Cardio Strength(Peak 10 w/Michelle Dozios Sat, AB Sun, CSS Mon, AB(1-5) & HIIT 15 today(Tue).

Wendy, glad you're enjoying S90, I've done the cardio, but I haven't done any of the weight dvds. Maybe I'l check them out when I get done with STS.

Erin, congrats on the compliments, it's very motivating when someone notices the results of your hard work, way to go!!

Kris, Imax 3 is a toughie!! So is Kick Max, I forgot I even had that one!

Katie, I love Intensity!!

Be back tomorrow!! Good night All!!:)

Last edited:
Quick check in for today and yesterday.
Monday-Rest day
Tuesday-After Burn

Be back to chat tomorrow. Time to hit the sack =)

Good Morning Ladies.

I did Ultimate Ball this morning and replaced the 30 second rest periods with jumping jacks for a slightly more intense work out. :)

BBL for personals!:cool:

Hi gals,

I was short on time this morning (DH had to get to work earlier than usual and we ride together) so I decided to "torture" myself with HiiT 40/20. I start breathing hard about the second exercise and never really catch my breath until the end of the stretch. :eek: Short, sweet, brutal. Now THAT'S my kind of workout! :p

Wiggie: Yay great to hear from you! I'm impressed you were able to sneak in all those fabulous workouts while watching your granddaughter. :) Whenever I watch my nephew(s) I can't ever get anything done. :rolleyes:

Terina: AfterBurn...just seeing the name strikes fear into my heart. :p Awesome workout!

Wendy: Ooooohhh thanks for the details about S90! I like the sound of that! I think one of the reasons I HATE CCC but love the HiiT workouts (besides the fact that HiiT is shorter) is that Cathe doesn't repeat exercises. It's a mental thing i'm sure. :rolleyes: :eek: I'm going to sneak away for a bit today during lunch and FINGERS CROSSED my local Bed, Bath and Beyond carries S90. If not i'm going to suck it up and buy the extra bucks and get it online. I'm such a cheapo. :eek:

Good moning All!!

Katie, I don't know how much you're about to pay for S90, but BBB has it for 9.99 online. I don't have one near me so I ordered 3 for gifts. & good job on 40/20!!

Wendy, you are a true bodyrocker!!

Terina, I am loving AB!! I feel it lives up to its name!! But maybe it should be called nowburn? Because that's when I feel it!!!:)

Have a great day everyone!!:)

Last edited:
Morning girls:cool: took a yoga class yesterday and it felt great! I will do yoga max tomorow. I am thinking i might only have to do one day of weights at the gym for chest and back in meso three. ITs just to darn heavy for me to do at home with no tower. But the rest i should have no prob doing at home=) I will just take the print out card and pray i can get it down with out being bothered by others lol I have my final next week and a paper due plus the holiday's so I am soo busy. So I have to run for now...bbl:eek:

Hello All!!:)

Today's workouts were Disc 25 & 26, I am now back on schedule in Meso 3!!

Erin, I forgot to tell you about the pace weights, love them!! They come in 1/2 pound increments so it makes it so easy to get that perfect weight.

See you guys tomorrow!!:)

Last edited:
Hi there - yesterday I did TBTLB and today I did the first 25 minutes of AT plus a stretch max and AC - Pilates. I also ran with my dog yesterday and today.

Wiggie- great job getting in those workouts with your grand daughter there! Woo hoo on getting in discs 25 and 26 in one day!

Erin - enjoy your yoga! you deserve a nice recovery week for sure!

Katie - Way to go on 40/20 - that one is tough tough! Great job too on PUB! Way to get it done:)

Wendy - great BR workout! Love the name too:)

Terina - woohoo on AB! Great job!

Hi Bridget and Kiki!

Hope you all have a nice evening!

Kris

IMAX3(KILLA)

Another Late nite check in :confused: 11:51 here in Hawaii :eek:

today it was Imax 3(which should be called "im gonna wipe the floor with you" workout or killa):D I could only do up to interval 7:mad:

thank you for all your encouragements :D you ladies ROCK!!!:D

GOOD NIGHT :D

Good morning!

Today's workout was Step Blast + abs from SJP + 10 air jacks (challenge from MFP). I'd forgotten how much I enjoy Step Blast (quit making that face Kiki :p ). I've been very "step happy" lately and loving every minute of it, but it's starting to take a toll on my knees. Me thinks it's time to insert a LIS workout! :)

Terina: PERFECT description of Imax 3. That one is tough! Baby steps right? Modify as needed, and maybe each time you do the workout you can add a section (step section of Interval 8, then blast section of Interval 8, etc.).

Kris: Whew you are wearing me out with your killer workouts. ;) :p Keep it up!

Wiggie: TWO STS Discs back to back? EEK! Fantastic! I saw S90 online for $9.99 too - that's my back up plan. I've got a 20% off coupon, so if I can get it in the BB&B store i'll pay around $8.00. If that doesn't workout, i'll buy it online and pay around $15 with shipping and all. I know the difference isn't that much, i'm just being cheap at the moment because DH has me on a strict, no new workouts regime (shhhh, don't tell him okay?). :D

Erin: Yoga sounds awesome right now. Enjoy! I'm glad you're able to do most of Meso 3 at home. I have the same problem as you (weights heavy...no tower). Have fun!

Hello Ladies.

Today was supposed to be Tabata Inferno but I got a late start so I chose HiiT: 40/20 to save some time but certainly not any sweat! That w/o is killer! :eek:

Terina:: IM3! You rock! I rarely do that work out out of pure fear! :eek: Great job woman! :D

Kris:: Wow, great work outs the past couple of days! You must have missed the earth shaking announcement that I am NOT doing BR work outs right now! :eek: I know I know...pick your jaw up off the floor and let me explain! :p I have been BR'ing like crazy since I finished STS back in July. I decided that I needed a total change. I was considering P90X but the work outs are 60 mins and I am just not ready to commit that much time every day-not during the week anyway. So a friend of mine made the S90 suggestion and it's perfect. It's P90X'ish but the work outs average only 30-45 mins each! YEAH! :D Great work outs but I am missing BR already and have only been doing S90 for about 10 days so far...:rolleyes: I don't know how long I am going to last...:eek:

Wiggie:: Two STS discs back to back? Wow! Nice job!!!! S90 weight work is good stuff. You should definitely give em a shot when you are doing STS'ing! ;)

Erin:: IMO Meso 3 of STS is truly nothing short of dangerous if you do not have a rack for your BB or a spotter to assist you. It's a great meso but not worth the risk if you can not do it safely.

Katie:: LOL, great minds think alike I see! I had forgotten you chose to do 40/20 y'day for the same reason when I chose it today! High fives! :D So were you able to get S90 yet?? ;) (ETA: posting at the same time today!)

Last edited:
Hello body rocking friends- forgive my absence, but Christmas is coming! WW yesterday- was up 0.4lbs- not bad considering all the holiday sins I had committed over the week, unable to exercise early on due to illness- etc- back in the saddle again!

My spin instructor was out with laryngitis yesterday, so the aerobics instructor took over- she used generic aerobic music with 120-135bpm- which was fine, couldn't sing to it, she likes using lots of resistance- OUCH! Was a hot sweaty mess afterward, my body ached- and that was the point! Awesome!

After spinning on Monday, she encouraged us to try TRX- some kind of resistance, functional resistance & flexability training that the Y veterans were raving about. With no more knowledge than that, I signed up for TRX Tuesday mornings at 5:15am for an 8 week course starting after the new year.

Has anyone here heard about TRX?

Back later for personals...

Bridget

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.