STS Body Rockers- Merry Christmas Week!

Zbridget

Cathlete
Wishing my fitness friends a blessed & merry Christmas at the BR STS checkin!

No workout for me today, celebrating with my family, opening presents- the only fitness gift under the tree for me- AppleTV- so I can stream my downloads effortlessly to my TV- but not today!

Merry Christmas all!

Bridget

Merry Christmas!!! I hope y'all are having a fantastic holiday. No workout for me today. I'm relaxing with the family, eating delicious food, and playing with my new "toys". :)

Good morning All!! Hope Everyone had a wonderful Christmas!!! It is 12/26 @ 1:08 am & It's my birthday!! My Aunt is having a get together today to celebrate!!

I didn't workout Wed. because of a church activity, Thursday I worked a 24 hr shift, so I didn't workout that day either. Friday was AB premix 1-5 & Sat was Disc 30. Sunday when we got home from church the toilets wouldn't flush:( & we had Christmas dinner at our house!! Hubby's dad lives around the corner so we had to go to his house to use the bathroom. So we started our out of town plans a day early. My Aunt lives about an hour away from us, & we planned to spend the night at a hotel about 2 blocks from her house anyway. We're not going to let anything ruin this holiday!!

Have a wonderful day!!!!:)

Last edited:
Hope you all had a very Merry Christmas!!

I did Intensity on Saturday and yesterday I got Body Max 2 done! :) (Felt no guilt about my eating either day:) Got some Doms today, so we'll see what gets done - my brother is leaving today, and we're going out to breakfast shortly.

Wiggie - Happy happy birthday!! I hope it's your best year yet:) Way to work things out on the holiday to make it work!

Katie - Hope you had a great rest day - do tell about your new toys:)

Bridget - Apple TV - that's awesome! Hope you had a great well earned rest day too!

Hi Wendy, Kiki, Erin, Terina! Hope you all had a great weekend too:)

Kris

Today's work out:: :D

Insanity Cardio Power & Resistance w/u
Feels So Good - YouTube (dip station routine from Merry Christmas BR)
CP&R work out
Dip station routine repeated
CP&R stretch

Yesterday's work out:: :D

Insanity Max Cardio Conditioning
Tri Sets Lower Body Express Premix

Christmas Day:: :D

Rest

Christmas Eve:: :D

Already accounted for in a previous post! ;)

Hey girls!

DH was off all weekend (and yesterday) so I struggled to do anything active during that time, lol. I finally told him yesterday that we both needed to get up off our lazy butts and get in a workout, haha :D ....He's been anxious to get back to STS, and now that he has his newest addition to the arsenal, he didn't put up too much of a fuss ;) He's starting at M2 this time around, because he wants to stay in "build" mode for a couple more months, so he'll just be doing M2 & 3 (he just took a month off and did S&H, lol) until he's where he wants to be, and then start cutting w/me in March-ish. <<<<<Not that y'all cared about DH's workout plan for the year, lol, but just thought I'd share :)

As for me, I did disc 28 (C&B), and loved every SUPER heavy lifting minute of it! I'm still having to make modifications for my back :rolleyes: , so Ive been doing a seated cable row in place of the bent-over row, because w/the amount of weight I'm lifting, I don't want to take any chances being in that bent over position for too long. So I upped the weight load a bit (my bent-over row is 100, I put about 110-115 on the cable row), and the cable row is still providing me my much desired DOMS ;) w/o throwing out my lower back. I'm contemplating throwing in the Lat pull-down in place of the pullups when I get to M1 because I'm liking being able to incorporate my other equipment, and M1 typically moves so fast that I'm too fatigued to get in all of my pull-ups by the end... :confused:

Last edited:
Hello Ladies!!!!!
Hope everyone had a great Christmas!!! :)
Very quick check in.
Monday- AB-premix single intervals 1-10
Today- TriSets-LB

cgishops.com

Terina:: AB and TSLB premixes done on back to back days? NICE lower body burner girl! :D

Kiki:: And what is it that you and DH were doing instead of working out..hmmmm????? ;););) Well I mean instead of doing CATHE work outs, that is! :p

Kris:: Nice work outs this weekend! Way to go! Hope you enjoy your breakfast!!! I've been allowing myself to indulge in breakfast out after Church on Sunday mornings as of late. YUM! :)

Wiggie:: Wow way to make the best of a situation!!! Good for you!!! Nice work outs you were able to fit in as well! When the goin' gets tough, the tough get goin' right? :)

Katie:: So what new toys didja' get that you are referring to you in your post?? :D

Bridget:: I have no idea what an apple tv is but yay for getting one since it's what you wanted!!!! ;):p:D

Hi gals!

Sorry I haven't been around much lately. I'm taking this week off work so I haven't been in front of the computer much.

I finally got in a decent workout yesterday: Imax 3 + Stability Ball Abs (B&G) + 1/2 of SM w/ the stability ball. Today's workout was KickMax. I still don't care for the leg drills at the end....but it's good to add them in every once in awhile. :rolleyes: :)

Wendy: Wow, you've been kicking butt this week! Not that you don't kick butt every week. ;) Sadly no new fitness toys, :( but I did get lots of fun kitchen stuff (pastry mat, springform pan, dutch oven, toaster oven, etc.) so i've been playing in the kitchen. Which now that I think about it, is never good for my waistline. :D :rolleyes:

Terina: Awesome workouts! Way to sneak them in despite all the holiday festivities. :)

Kiki: I'm glad I haven't been the only lazy slug the past couple of days. :D :p ;) KIDDING (about you, not me, i've been VERY lazy). I'm always amazed at how much you can lift. Seriously, that is awsome! It sounds like DH has a great plan. Just think how yummy delicious he is going to look this summer. ;) ;) ;)

Kris: Awesome workouts! I hear ya on the eating. I enjoyed every delicious treat I could get my hands on this past weekend. :D And I have no guilt. And I plan to do the exact same thing New Years. :D And then I PROMISE to get my eating back under control. :p

Wiggie: HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!! I hope you had a wonderful day (despite the bathroom fiasco)! How was the birthday shindig at your Aunt's house? That was so sweet of her to have a get together for you. :)

Bridget: Yay for appletv!!! Let me know how it works with your Cathe workouts. When the time (and money) is right, that is definitely something I want to get.

BBL!

Katie

Good Morning Ladies. :)

I slept in until 6 this morning. Felt great. I needed it! Still managed to squeeze in a short but sweet work out too! I took this short BR and added the exercises to it that are written in red! Everything with max reps next to it was done at 10s rest/50s work intervals.

Ab Workout & Bonus Legs Workout --
jump rope-max reps
Circle Abs-max reps
jump rope-max reps
V abs Left-max reps
jump rope-max reps
V Abs Right-max reps
jump rope-max reps
50 Left Side Leg Lift & Left Knee Lift
jump rope-max reps
50 Right Side Leg Lift & Right Knee Lift
jump rope-max reps
100 inner thigh squeezes with UGI ball

BBIAB for personals!:cool:

Last edited:
Good morning!!!!
Quick morning check in with 40/30. Lots of modification on this one. I totally felt like a newbie :0

On Monday I finally broke down and ordered the 3 MMA kickboxing DVDs. Im excited!!!!!!

cgishops.com

Terina:: 40/20 is a tough nut to crack! Don't feel bad at all for having to modify that one! It's a monster!!!!:eek:

Hi all!

Today I did the original Boot Camp. Felt great! I also added on Namaste Yoga: Dancing Sun sequence. I'm not a huge yoga fan, but I love the Namaste Yoga routines. I'm taking advantage of being off work this week to add in short yoga or stretching routines because I tend to neglect flexibility. :eek: :)

Wendy: Great workout this morning! That's an awesome mish-mosh. :) FYI - I MIGHT be moving up the BR-style workout to tomorrow (instead of next Thursday). I haven't decided yet...it depends on how my legs feel tomorrow because I want to add on GS: Legs after the BR workout.

Terina: WTG with 40/20! No worries about the modifications. 40/20 ties with CCC as Cathe's toughest cardio workout (in my opinion). Just surviving 40/20 is a GREAT accomplishment!

Good morning All!!

Sorry about slacking off on posting,:eek: hey maybe that can be my New Year's resolution!!:p

My workout yesterday was disc 31, I am a little behind on Meso 3 I missed disc 29. I will try to fit that in this week.

Thanks Kris!! I felt no guilt about my eating either!!

Thanks Katie!! The shindig turned out to be very nice!!

Bridget, sounds like you had a Merry Christmas!!

Great workouts Wendy!! My sandbag is supposed to arrive today, I ordered it on the 19th!!

Be careful with those heavy weights, Kiki!! Man you're strong!!

Good job Terina!!

Have a great day Everyone!!

Last edited:
Good Morning.

No work out for me today. :( I was literally 2 minutes from starting when stomach issues stopped me dead in my tracks!!! Ofcourse they disappated in time for me to go to work but I missed my work out time entirely! :mad:

Good job on your STS work out, Wiggie!

So Katie dear-got a work out report for me, hmmmm??? ;)

Well, i'm in one hell of a black mood today. I didn't get much sleep last night and I was really tired going into my workout, which is never good. And I "weighed in" this morning just to find out i'm up a bit...that's never good but not really a surprise. Plus my darling husband has been home with me all week and he always decides to talk to me/ask question/make plans when i'm in the middle of my workout. It seriously drives me CRAZY!! and he knows that and yet he continues to do it. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: I usually work out before he wakes up in the morning, and now I remember why I like that so much. :p Anyway, to top everything off, I have somehow managed to injury/pull/hurt my left lat muscle (I'm guessing it is my lat, don't really know for sure). :confused: Okay, i'm done complaining now. But I do feel a little better. :eek:

I guess I should tell you about my workout. LOL! I started with a BR-style workout Wendy posted last week (I think) and I loved it! Because of my silly back I only did 2 rounds, but I still worked up a great sweat. After that, I did Gym Style Legs. By the time I got to the floor work section I was so irritated with DH and everything else I must admit I wimped out quite a bit (skipped reps, less band tension). Oh well. Tomorrow's another day.

Wendy: I DID IT...kinda. :eek: I really really really enjoyed the BR style workout. It's so much harder than it looks on paper. LOL! :D ;) I only did 2 rounds, but man I was breathing. I modified it a little bit more...reduced the wall sit from 1 minute to 30 seconds and added in 15 ball exchanges for my abs instead. Because I had GS:Legs coming up I didn't want to fatigue my legs to much. I'm sorry to hear about your digestive distress this morning. How frustrating! :( Hope you feel better!

Wiggie: Nice job getting in Disc 31!! Can't wait to hear how you like your new sandbag. :)

Well, i'm going to take a shower, grab lunch, and maybe a nap.

Katie:: Not sure what I like better--the fact that you did the BR style work out and loved it :) or the fact that you were planning a post work out shower, lunch and a possible nap! Sounds exactly like my weekend agenda most times! :D Sorry you are cranky. That nap would probably do ya good! ;)

I haven't done a Cathe workout in 3 weeks at least- mostly due to Christmas taking up too much space in my workout zone. I have been faithful to my spinning though, I love to spin- as I have posted before to you all ad nauseum.

Maybe I'll give my new AppleTv a whirl Saturday morning and do Afterburn. Weighed in at WW last week-down 0.6lbs- switched to simply filling from counting points- slow & steady wins the race. 2 lbs weight lost since Thanksgiving!!

Katie- sorry about your dark mood, and your pulled lat- take some ibuprofen, use some ice and you'll be back in no time- and forgive your husband, if he's anything like mine, he means well!

Wiggie- great job on disc #31- you are just plugging your way through mess #3- will be done in no time!

Terena- Good job with 40/30- I don't have any of her shock cardio series- too chicken!

Wendy- no problem missing your w/o- can always catch up later!

Kiki- is that 100 reps or 100lbs that you are rowing?!? Either way I am in awe!

Enjoy the season everyone, I'll be spinning tomorrow morning (of course!)

Bridget

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.