<---STS Alumni Week of April 25!!!! *** --->

Oops I forgot the 6-month in our title! Hopefully you all will see it! ;)

I woke up this morning and didn't know what to do with myself (workout wise that is!) So I looked at the gym schedule and went and did BodyCombat which is very similar to Cathe's MMA workouts. It's probably closest to Fusion but it was more aerobic and without any intensity drills. Really fun and easy to catch on. There were probably 6 different drills. (Another sweaty Betty workout! That cracked me up Rachel!)

Anyway, I'm off to shower again and then need to run to the mall so I'll check back with you all later!

Hope everyone is having a great Sunday! I just finished Gym Style Legs. We had fun going out with a group of friends last night. Today we kept busy with fixing up the downstairs bathroom and took the kids out for lunch.

Cendrine How did the shower go??? Hope it went well and hopefully the back pain is a very temporary thing!!

Jo Sounds like you're keeping busy at the gym this weekend!!

Rachael You had a fun day with shopping and hair! Are the storms all past now?

Hi Girls,

finally coming up for air! LOL!

The shower went well. It was a long one! It was supposed to start at 2 but we didn't get everyone until 2:30, then the last people finally left at 7... I guess that is a good sign. It wasn't a big shower, there were 6 of us alltogether but it allowed for all of us to be more close and we all chilled well together.

I made a healthy chocolate mousse (my friend didn't care for a cake) I made it dairy free, since she has a lactose intolerance and added mixed berries, sweetening it with agave. I wasn't sure how well it would get over with her friends since I didn't know if they were into healthy foods or not, but it was a hit, so I was relieved about that!

I came up with a cute last minute thing that I found on the internet. I got a cute basket lined with blue ginham fabric, and I had all the guests write little encouraging words or sayings on the front of little diapers to put into the basket, that way whenever my friend changes a diaper she'll have a little poem or encouragement or something to light up her day with. I think I have to write that down, because that would be a cute gift to give even just all filled out by me and not as a group activity. I just love the internet, I would have never had the idea to put it on diapers! LOL!

Well, I'm pretty tired, so I'm signing off. My back is feeling better tonight than it did starting out, so I am encouraged!

Cendrine, I love that idea! That is esp great when the mom is having a tough day!

It sounds like everyone has been busy. Sorry I was unable to check in yesterday. We just got so busy and the day got away from me!

It was 40/20 for me today and zoomed through it for the most part except for those darn jump,side turn, tucks...in a row!!!! SO tough!

DH is still not 100%. I am trying to talk him into going to the dr. but he is stubborn!

Got to go!

TTYL

Hope yall have a great day!

Rachel

Hi Girls,

I did the cardo blast premix of body max 2. I love that one, I did the combo 1,2,3 a second time and skipped the blasts of the circuits to avoid the high impact and it clocked in at just about the same so I was happy with that.

Sorry dh is still not feeling welll, Rachel! I hope he gets better soon!

Gotta run, hi Jo and Kim!

Well is it a busy week for everyone? Sounds like it is! Including for me! I have my 2nd personal training session tonight so will try and post after that.

CBL!

Hey guys!

It is really getting busy around here too. I think until the end of May we will be going full blast now.
Dh woke me up at about 3 this morning coughing and complaining that he was having a hard time swallowing. I just feel so bad for him because I know one of the reasons he is not going to the dr is that he does not want to have to leave me on the job by myself. I wish we were not on this high stress portion of the job right at this minute so he would go.

I forgot to tell yall that we saved a bunny Sunday morning from the dogs and I was so elated when it hopped off into the woods and then when dh woke me at 3 , he broke the news that they somehow managed to find that bunny last night! :( This time he was not so lucky. Sometimes I wish my dogs were a little less country and a little more city!

I better go...I am going to try to catch up on some lost sleep!

TTYL

Rachel

City dogs kill rabbits too! I've seen my little furballs kill rabbits/squirrels while in the neighbourhood park. EEK!!! I can't stand think about it, yuck!

Hope your DH feels better soon, maybe he just stop by a walkin clinic and see if he can get some antibiotics or sometimes the emergency room really early in the mornings are empty and he can be in and out in a few minutes.

Your friends must have be having fun at your place Cendrine that they didn't want to go home! Sound like the shower went well! Are you counting the days to your trip?

Hope you're having fun with the personal trainer Jo! Are you legs sore from the spinathon?

I finished Athletic Step and Core Max2. I'm sure looking forward to a rest day!

Rachel, Ouch about the bunny! And more than the bunny...so sorry about DH!!! Again I hope you don't get it!

Cendrine, yahoo on the chocolate mousse! Way to sneak a healthy treat in! LOL! Glad the shower turned out well! You are doing better all the time on the workouts!

Kim, I sure hope you enjoyed Athletic Step! Both that and Step Moves have become favorites!

Okay, so another good workout with the trainer! Except for lat pulldowns, every exercise I did today used the BOSU. So, for example, shoulder presses kneeling on the BOSU keeping feet off the floor, hammer curls standing on BOSU, cable pulls standing/squating on BOSU (very hard!). Anyway, got a lot done in a short amount of time and I'm sore! There was always a series of 3 exercises and then repeat cycle 3 times, then next set of 3 (like in Meso 3). Also, for all exercises, you have to go down in weight because you're having to use so many other muscles for balance. It's amazing how hard the exercises were. It gave me some new ideas for incorporating my BOSU with some of Cathe's workouts. So at the end of course she asked if I wanted to buy some sessions and I told her I couldn't right now but if I could later I would like to work with her. She said since I'm so fit already, I wouldn't need full hour sessions and could easily get by with 30 minutes (that was nice to hear! :)). However, maybe she was just trying to sell me ANYTHING! ;) Anyway, great experience but aside from learning and being exposed to some new things, in all honesty, it isn't something I would pay for! (Remember we're part of the educated crowd!!! :p)

I think I'm going to do something for a workout in the morning (don't know what though) and then I have spinning tomorrow night! Oh and Kim, legs are good! Since I've been spinning so much lately, they are very happy! I have to tell you, I love how spinning hits the muscles all the way around the legs and glutes. For the RPM class I take, it's all interval and I guess that we spend 30% of the time standing and riding (nice break for your butt!). So he has us vary our focus, so sometimes we push back all the way on the seat and lower our chest to simulate mountain biking (and pushing down through the heels), then we'll sprint, come forward on the seat and push down with the toes, then we stand and hill climb then sprint down (still standing), then he'll have us walk (standing). It's very interesting and activates all the muscles. And it's HARD!!! Oh and it is all choreographed (like Power Hour) so we do sprints one track, then the next track is hills, then back to sprints, etc. It's usually 9 tracks.

Enough rambling...need to go figure out my workout and then time to read. Hope you all have a great day tomorrow and Rachel I hope DH is better!

Last edited:
One last post. So since this is my recovery week, I'm thinking about lots and lots of cardio! So here's my thoughts:

T: Step Moves a.m.; Spinning p.m.
W: BodyCombat
T: Spinning & Water Aerobics
F: Off
S: Pilates + Eliptical
S: Start new rotation whatever that is + BodyCombat (already commited with GF)

I really want to play around with weights on the BOSU so I'm considering doing a week of S&H only lowering the weights and doing on BOSU to see how that goes or maybe repeating some of Meso 2 or 3. But there is also some really interesting machines at the gym so maybe I'll do part at home part at the gym. I don't know. I would prefer to use my own BOSU! Anyway, I can think about it the rest of the week. I could also maybe still start the March rotation. So many options!

G'night for real!

Good Morning Everyone! Happy Tuesday!

Looks like it's going to be a beautiful spring day today! I can't believe we're coming down to the end of April! WOW! A third of the year already almost over!

Not much to report as I just need to get ready to go to work!

Have a great day!

I forgot to tell you guys...while working out last night I watched this fairly large body builder type guy doing his workout on the BOSU. For example, he was doing bicep curls while balancing one-legged on the BOSU and then would switch legs for his next set. See...everyone is doing it! :p

Thanks for sharing all your new tricks with us, Jo, I can totally see how the Bosu would be a good addition to my arsenal, I'm gonna have to keep that in mind! Let us know how sore you are tomorrow!LOL! Your spin class sounds so fun it makes me want to try it too! You just wait, when we come up, you'll have to show me how it all works! And promise no laughs at how beat I'm gonig to be at the end of it....LOL!

Kim and Rachel, I hope you guys are having a good week!

I did ME today, was too tired to get up in the morning so I did it before lunch (luckily the kids worked really well today so I had the time, which was a nice change)

The kids have both started the piano learning program yesterday. They love it. That may be part of why they got work done so fast, they both wanted to play it! LOL! I'm trying to keep up with them, at least that is the plan, nothing like a little challenge for the aging brain, right? But I tell you, typing seems easier than this, it is going to take me a while to figure out how you know which finger you use for which keys during which songs.... Did any of you ever play the piano? Two of my siblings did but I never was interested.

Well What A Day!

Dh was complaining of a really watery eye last night and we were both hoping it was just allergies but sure enough he woke up this morning and his eye was glued shut! It took a case of pink eye but he finally went to the dr today! He has pink eye in both eyes, water in his eustacean tubes (spelling) and of course the throat thing. So he was prescribed a Z pack for the throat, some eye drops for the eyes and nasal spray for the ear! I think he won't wait as long next time to go to the Dr!lol
Now I am just concentrating on trying not to get anything he has. lol:eek:

Today was ME upper body. This is a really good workout. I always get it confused with another one but I am not sure which one I am confusing it with. I have to admit, I am starting to miss my longer workouts but I still feel like I am getting good workouts in. I am just used to at least getting to work out an hr. I will have to endure the shorter ones until this job ends. I do get to squeeze in a little extra on Fri. and Sat though.

Jo-I have to agree with Cendrine. You have made me really want to get a BOSU badly! haha I watched this thing one time where Gabrielle Reese was doing shoulder presses while on an ab ball! I used to try with not much success to emulate that but I have not tried in a while! lol
I your recovery week is slam packed. Most people could not hang with that on a regular week!
I liked the way you described the spin class. I really understood what you were talking about. I haven't done a spin class before so through your description I was able to kind of picture what it takes. I am not sure if I would do to well!

Cendrine-It sounds like your party went very well. I am always nervous about those things until they have started or there over...depending on what happens.
Are you learning piano along with the kids or did you already know some? The only thing I played was a keyboard of my mothers when I was really young. She had a book of hymns with tab (Numbers for the keys) so I knew only how to play that way. I really liked it though I did not learn much musically that way. Do yall have a piano?
Way to go on the healthy dessert! I always want to do that but chicken out most of the time because I am afraid the only person that will like it is me.

Kim-You are really giving me a heads up on the March rotation! LOL It does not sound like one you will be repeating anytime soon either. I know with the time restraints I have right now that I will surely not be able to do it until this job is over.
I absolutely hate it when my dogs kill something but I have to admit the look my girl dog gets on her face when she knows we are mad or disappointed at her is too funny. I wish I could get a picture of it. Her brow furrows up because her head is so low and she is looking up at the same time. We have never hit her in her entire life but you would not know it by the way she is acting. LOL

Well I think I have filled in all the gaps. We were home kind of early today because of dh's dr's appointment so I had a little extra time. I think I used it wisely talking to yall;)

Have a great night!

Rachel

Hi Everyone! Happy hump day!

Rachel, OH MY GOSH! Your poor DH!!! WOW, I'm feeling for him! Whoa! He has a triple whammy! Great job on ME! Don't feel cheated about the shorter workouts! It's actually probably giving you some body/muscle confusion so you're still accomplishing a lot!

Cendrine, another ME girl! How did that work for you? How fun about the kids and the piano! I played when I was little. I started when I was 4 and played until I was about 13 then decided I would rather play baseball! (Scheesch!) I often think I would like to pick it up again as I was fairly decent and had to play lots of recitals and things. I know my parents were disappointed I liked playing outside with the boys more than practicing! LOL! Well it's never too late!

Spinning was great last night! Then this morning I got up and did Step Moves. Not going to the gym tonight as I have a late meeting this afternoon.

Kim, what did you think of TBL? We're getting down to the wire! Again I love how everyone is so much more supportive of one another this season versus all the game drama. Do you think Michael will hit 200 lbs on the ranch?

Off to the shower! Hope everyone has a great day!

Hi Girls,

Rachel, so sorry about the triple whammy for dh! I hope you will be having butt kicking white bloodcells to ward off what he has!
You know, when you were talking abou the bunny it made me remember my childhood cat. He would go out all night hunting and he would come back with his kill and would meow so lound and so incessently until one of us got up and praised him, I tell you, he never ate his mouse or bird until he had got the praise! LOL! It was very eyeopening to see him eat the critters too, (sorry if this is too gross for you) he would just eat it all, all that was left was a few tail feathers or the tail, nothing else! I could hardly believe that even though I saw it with my own eyes! It was kind of convenient that way because it meant no clean up for me....LOL!

Jo, I'll try to catch tbl online again this week, I like their team mindedness too!

I had a talk with the chiro today about why my back is bothering me more again. She ordered an x-ray and laying off the weights until further notice. So I am not able to finish FF's rotation as is. I am still going to do the cardio from it and then add in treadmill and other cardio in place of the weight days. I hate to do this but at this point, I'm so sick of this I'll do what it takes to hopefully heal this thing for good. The up and down is getting very old! Hopefully the Switzerland trip will aid the healing in that I won't be doing much strenuous stuff at all, other than walking.

Well, gotta go for now.

Hi Kim!

Oh my gosh Cendrine, I'm so sorry and know how frustrated you must be! I have to tell you though when I had my back injury that's how it was. I'd be going along improving and then would have a little set back and felt like I'd lost 6 months of healing! It takes a long time and lots of patience! I'm so sorry you're having to deal with this!

Good evening!!!!

Yea Dh is on the mend...he says he is feeling about 85% now. lol! I am so glad the dr fit us in otherwise he might not have went.

I had Step Moves this morning too Jo! Yesterday Cendrine and I had ME and today you and I with SM. Weird! Our job is moving along one bite at a time! We finished the "meeting room" today that was about 25,000 square feet. I think that was a major feet for about 5 days since dh was sick most of them! So now we feel like by the end of this week we will have all the little loose ends around the building tied up and then we will just have corridors and stairwells, Woo Hoo!
I think then it will be time off time!

Cendrine-You can not gross me out about stuff like that...haha. Our girl dog eats all her kills too. We used to take it from them and bury it but I thought that was such a terrible waste since it was already dead and there was no bringing it back and there was no way she was learning any lessons by us burying it. She eats everything too but they both try to keep there exploits secret. They are not seeking praise , thats for sure...lol
So sorry about the back issues coming back. Jo seems like the best one to advise on this one since she has dealt with it before. I think there is hope for recovery though. You are fit and you will have the freedom you had before. I know it!

Jo-You are probably right about the muscle confusion because I am still getting DOMS with these shorter workouts. That is crazy to me. It just goes to show any one that any little but works! You do not have to bust it for hrs every day, but I do miss it! LOL

I have to plan out some easy things to make and freeze on Sunday since that will be my only day off. I have to make granola and hopefully 2 additional things for my weeknight meals. Arrrggg. I am so not a planner! haha

Better go get a shower and get ready for bed...I forgot to mention that the cat was hungry this morning at 3:30am. So she "lovingly" convinced me to get up and feed her and since I was up I thought I would make it useful. That is how I got all of Step Moves in...Thank you Mabel!:D

Howdy Kim!

TTYL

Rachel

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.