<---STS 6 Monther Alumni - Week of 5/2/10***--->

Good Sunday Morning! I'm up having coffee! Still trying to figure out what I'm going to do. I think I'm going to go ahead and start the March rotation but think I'll start it tomorrow and modify the cardio to coordinate with my Tuesday/Thursday spinning classes.

It's a little rainy here today and I think I mentioned yesterday we're going to go see Avatar this afternoon so this is a good day to do that.

CBL!

Jo, I love your hair! I like it messy and it looks so good on you. Not that you are messy or anything, but it kind of matches with your personality, it makes you look spunky, if that is a word, and I think it is a great look on you! I had a hair cut where it needed to be styled outward although my hair was longer and I never could get it to do that because my hair naturally curls inward....LOL So I hope you'll have an easier time styling it and I hope it won't take lots of time so you can be done fast!

Off day for me today. I already made a yummy papaya, pineapple, mango, kiwi, orange fruit salad, and a black bean, avocado, red pepper, mango salsa for me to snack on through the week with my dehydrated sprouted tortilla chips. I feel quite accomplished and it is only 9 (I also made my family whole wheat crepes for breakfast with an apricot lowfat cream cheese filling. (I think I'm in the cooking mood....LOL!

Good Sunday Yall!

Well so far I have done laundry, granola, grocery shopping, and one soup!
I think I am going to make some kind of spicy pasta instead of another soup that way if I don't feel like a soup I won't have to have one:D:p!

It is a rest day for me too, as far as workouts go anyway! So I still got up early and got busy so I could kind of have an easier afternoon with a little relaxing. It's funny I have a ton of stuff tivo'ed but no time to watch it. But I like a nice quiet house when I have been on a loud job site all week. Not a noise but the dryer and luckily I got to open the windows back up after a pretty good rain came through last night and took the humidity with it! So now everything is fresh and clean and alot less sticky!

Jo-I agree with Cendrine whole heartedly...I LOVE LOVE LOVE the hair! You have a great face for short hair! I have tried a couple of different short hair styles but always go back to long hair cause I just don't think short suits me but I sure wish it did.
I had to laugh at your DH's comment because it sounds just like my dh. I think they hate change of any kind so it takes them a little while to warm up to it but when the do it becomes the norm and then if you went back to the hair you had before it would be the same!LOL

Cendrine-You and I must be on the same page today but yours sounds so much more summery and inviting though...haha
I was going to ask you how you keep your avocado fresh looking through out the week. I have tried lime and lemon and it still seems to turn brown with in a day! I really hate that!
I was watching diners, drive ins and dives the other night on the food network and one of the diner was making a cold avocado gispacho and it look great but I am afraid if I make it, it will turn brown in a day! yuck!

Kim-Since we have not heard too much about the house everything must be going along pretty good! I did not notice if you ever mentioned if you had figured out your finishes yet or not.

Well I better get on with laundry and lunch...DH is fishing so I have the house to myself...yea!!!

TTYL
Rachel

Hope everyone is having a great weekend! I got started on week 3 of the March rotation, yesterday was MMA Kickbox/ Slow & Heavy Shoulders, today was StepBlast (so much fun!:D) and Slow & Heavy Back!

Yesterday DH and I went to pick up the camper, the kids were so excited they wanted it up right away. They phoned their cousins and invited them over for a sleepover and then slept in the basement:rolleyes::rolleyes: It was still good to get the camper up and check for any damage. (none) We have a holiday in May (Victoria Day) and that's when we'll use it first.

We ended up with a house full of people yesterday, family all came over for the evening, then the kids all slept over. Maybe this is how ds learns to invite people over. I really don't mind, I'm glad people feel comfortable in my home. But I was really looking forward to reading my new book and going to bed early.

Speaking of ds he is turning into such a teenager. I called home on friday from work during his lunch hour (he comes home and makes his own luch) as we're only a block from the school. I heard voices in the background and asked him who was there, he said 1 or 2 friends. How do you have 1 or 2? Can't he count?? So I called DH who works close by, he dropped by the house, 7 kids hanging out! (boys and girls!):mad::mad: Yesterday he announced that he and his friend are taking a bus to the mall. Okay, he calls me later and tells me he won't be home for supper, I put my foot down and told him I was picking him up after the movie. I picked them up and realized that they had been at a movie rated 14A. He's like 13 going on 18:confused::confused: I think we're going to set some strict rules as he gets into the teen years. Maybe the move will be good for him.

Sorry, I'm rambling here. One more thing. I love this Tosca Reno's book (cendrine it's the most recent) Dh started reading it yesterday and he is really enjoying it and wants to get into cleaner eating as well. I've always wanted to learn to cook/eat more clean and rely less on processed food but just haven't taken the time. In reality I'm working outside the home from 7am to 5 pm then come home and have to have supper on the table quickly as kids often need to get to extracurricular activites. Then I want to be in the basement working out by 7pm so that I can be ready to read to dd at her 8:30 bedtime. So when I come home from work I end up doing the same old things or throwing a processed dinner in the oven. I'm thinking that maybe after I finish the March rotation I'll cut down on my exercise for a couple of weeks just to free up some time to really read some healthy eating cookbooks, try some new recipes,etc and when I'm comfortable with that style of cooking I can fit it in the schedule quickly. I think I'll go spend the rest of my gift certificate on Tosca Reno's family/kids' cookbook.

I'm going to start a new post for personal sorry for the rambling.:eek::eek:

Okay back for personals

JO I love the hair!!! I'm sure DH will get used to it. DH and I saw SHerlock Holmes and both really enjoyed. I've never seen Avatar. We all love the snap peas here. I haven't seen the small peppers in the store here. I asked DH about there as he worked in the produce department of a grocery store while he was in university. He said they had them for awhile but they didn't sell well as everyone thought they were spicy, LOL

Rachael That's too bad that you had to work Saturday! Hope you got lots done so that it was worth it! I love your idea of the chicken, I think I may do that. The house next door to us and across from us are going up nicely:rolleyes::mad: We still have no hole dug and we have not picked out choices. The housing company says not to worry about it, they will have it done for sept/oct. DH is going to phone and bug them this week, I really want to see it started, it's driving me crazy. I'm trying really hard to be patience, we were all so excited and now it's just so much waiting! I'm not putting this house on the market until I see good progress started on that one. Enjoy your quiet house!

Cendrine I've wondered about those shoes before. How nice of your chiro! You two seem to have a good relationship! Are you doing some music theory as well as learning the keyboard? I'm amazed at the theory that dd is learning, I don't think I learn it when I took lessons (unless I forgot) and much more sense everything makes. You're leaving next week! Wow, that went fast! Are the kids really excited, are you doing some homeschooling about Europe or anything??

Okay, off to shower, then I go to sit with a coffee and finish reading the Tosca Reno book.

Kim, I'm so glad you like Tosca's book! She has a way of making it sound much easier to do and helps motivate, doesn't it? I have realized in the past, that with clean cooking come fast cooking methods, like quick veggie steaming and stuff like that that takes less time than putting something ready made in the oven and cooking time with it. I can have dinner on the table within 30 min. Fast foods don't have to be unhealthy. I just discovered these flat breads Costco sells, and they are really intended for wraps, but I discovered they make great pizzas, just spread some pizza sauce on it, add lowfat mozzarella cheese, cut up some mushrooms, onions, peppers and whatever else you might like and bake for 20min at 450° The crust is really good on the fiber and you can't taste it! You can also make really quick pasta sauces with veggies on top of wholewheat pasta and it will be clean and fast too. I think it is a great idea for you to do a couple of weeks of shorter workouts, maybe premixes or cross train express so you have time to adjust to a new routine dinner wise. Not all of Toscas recipes are quick ones, but I'm sure you'll figure that out as you look at the recipes. One way you can save time is to make enough for two nights, if your family doesn't mind eating leftovers. I just remembered a book now that I did once that is called teh 10 minute weeknight cookbook, it kind of had that concept of maybe 1 hr foodprep on weekends and then you add different things every day to use what you worked on on the weekend during the week. It had some good stuff in it but I sometimes just like my stuff fresh (I don't like the taste of warmed up chicken!)
Sounds like you are having to enter into a whole new domain of parenting now, it's so funny how your ds is taking liberties... Of course it's only funny because I don't have to deal with it...;) Actually my ds has already been taking liberties at his own age level, preview of things to come!
By the way, I am amazed at all you do in a day! You are a power woman if there ever was one! I don't know how my mealplans would look if I had the kind of time schedule you do! It inspires me to become more efficient with my own time (just think of what you could accomplish with my time)
Oh, and yes we do some music theory, we did some with the recorder this year and will do some this coming year too, it does help, I think!

Rachel, I'm glad you had some rain to clear the air, I love that feeling! Sure sounds like you had a very productive day, I hope you got to watch some of your shows! I didn't do any packlisting or prepping, I watched movies instead...:eek:
As far as the avocado goes, I don't usually have an issue with it turning color, I do use lemon or lime juice. But I have heard that if you keep the avocado pit, it makes the avocado stay green. You could try making whatever it is you want to make with the avocado and save the pit, but it in the bottom of the container you are going to keep the dish in and put the rest on top and see if it helps storing it that way. Let me know how it works if you are going to try it.

Hello Everyone! We just got back from Avatar! It is really good! The 3D effects were AMAZING! If you have an opportunity to go see it I highly recommend you try the 3D experience. It is so worth it!

Thank you all for the nice comments on my hair. I didn't do too bad fixing it today but it's still going to take me a few days to get it down.

Kim, oh my goodness about DS! I had to chuckle a little but I know this is not what you need right now with all you have going on! 7 kids! Yeah, that's about 1 or 2! :D Also, chiming in a little with Cendrine and the clean eating...when we went to no processed food, I was amazed at how easy and quick it was to make meals. There's lots of dishes where you just steam vegetables for a few minutes and then toss them with other ingredients. And a lot of the bean dishes I've made with things like the turkey sausage can be made in 20 minutes and people don't know they're eating healthy! Anyway glad you're enjoying the Tosca book...I have a gift certificate to Amazon I haven't used and am thinking maybe I should get that too! I hope they get started on your house soon!!! I'm sure you're anxious to see some progress. Kim, I should also add that I'm the only one in the house that is still committed to no processed food. DH has some sometimes but nobody completely shares my passion for clean eating. I find it very easy and prefer it but others don't feel the same way I do. :confused: However, they eat healthy about 70-75% of the time.

Rachel, I hope you got to rest a little today! Oh how I like the quiet! So I really appreciate what you were saying about having the windows open and hearing the dryer running! Did you make the spicey pasta?

Cendrine, talk about a busy woman! Look at what you got done today BEFORE 9!! Now how did you make the sprouted tortilla chips? Can you post that recipe for me? Your fruit salad sounds yummy!!

Okay, it's 8:30 and I still need to get some laundry done. We've been gone since 1:30! Thanks again for liking my hair! I'm going through withdrawals right now. I liked it yesterday and this morning and then when we got home tonight I decided I hate it! :eek: But you know, it's like buyers remorse! I'll like it again tomorrow! I just have to get comfortable styling it and styling it completely to my liking!

FINALLY - I have a firm decision!

I decided I'm going to do Meso 2 this week only I'm going to do it on the BOSU (for the exercises it makes sense that is!) So I'll mix it with spinning for my cardio. The reason I decided to do this is because I'm probably going to see my mom next weekend and stay a few days. So I'll play around with the BOSU this week and then start a new rotation (maybe March?) when I get back.

Okay, off to read! TTY tomorrow!

Good Monday Morning Every one!

Well before I even got out of bed I was trying to will myself in to the workout room for the Hiit DW Pyramid...Then when I finally did talk myself into trying, I got in there and just looked at my calendar to make sure I was on the right week and low and behold it was 30/30 today!!!! What a great surprise. It gave me the added energy boost from the excitement that I needed to give it a good go!lol Of course I still did not have the energy that I would have liked but I did way better than I anticipated while I was lying in bed...lol

It is going to be another rough work week and another 6 day work week but we are nearing the end so I am staying upbeat in knowing a break is coming.

I won't be back today because I have a b-day for my nephew tonight after work so I hope everyone has a great day and I will catch up later!

TTYT

Rachel

Good Morning Everyone!

Well contrary to what I said last night...I did ME today! I don't know why but I woke up having dreamt about that workout so that's what I did! I did pieces of it on the BOSU...biceps, shoulders and chest. But the rest I did as directed!

I have a busy day ahead so off to the shower!

Rachel, don't work too hard this week! Hello Kim and Cendrine!

Hey Guys,

I was so rudely awakened by my alarmclock and so out of it I didn't make it to my workout....:eek:
I'm feeling the stress that always hits me when we get ready to travel... I so don't like to travel! I'll like it once we are there, but somehow I get uptight about it and I was even dreaming about moving....:eek:

Anyway, Jo, the bosu workouts sound fun, maybe I'll get me one with some birthday or christmas money this year, it sure sounds like a fun way to shake things up! I used to feel very opposed to getting more and more fitness gadgets but it sure helps beat boredom!

I was thinking tomorrow of doing some combo of premixes from both upper body gym style dvds, since the rotation asks for push and pull which I don't have. (I'm not supposed to work my lower body for now....) I still haven't done the gym style ever, so this would make it fun for me, something new!

Rachel, hang in there with work, the week will be over before you know it and hats off to you for doing your workout, even though you had similar challenges this morning like me....LOL! You came through it better than me!

Kim, I too hope that they start building soon, I would totally start stressing about deadlines! I hope you can enjoy your summer even with that looming over you guys!

JO, the sprouted tortillas are the Ezekiel brand sprouted tortillas, I just cut them into eighths and dehydrate them until chip-crunchy, super easy and you don't damage the good nutrients from the sprouting if you dehydrate low enough. I think you'd like them, not very salty on their own but great for dipping!

Good MOrning Ladies!

Just a quick post again for me today. We were on the second page of the forum so either everyone else is writing up a storm or yall are are all busy too!

MM upper body for me and I was grinning the mean grin through out the whole thing. It was a great workout!

Cendrine-I know what you mean about uptight traveling! I am the same way.

Jo-YOu are so funny even dreaming about your work outs!

Kim-I hope you get to see some progress soon on the house. I hate the waiting game too!

Better go. I might have time tonight to come back!

Have a great Day!

Rachel

Good Day! Not much going on this morning! I didn't workout as I'm spinning tonight. I have this weird heel problem that just started Saturday (forgot to mention it). My heel hurts (the back of my heel on the bone) when I have my leg straight and flex my foot. It almost feels like I have a string in my leg that's preventing it from flexing. Nothing is swollen or red or anything like that but I iced it the last couple of days just in case. If my knee is bent it's fine! :confused: This morning I did get up and stretch and it's better. So maybe I just pulled something. Anyway I want to be careful. I did some research on tendon issues etc. and it said like if you have tendonitis or heel problems like that that you should do biking and water aerobics! So there you go! Kim any thoughts on that or advice?

Cendrine, my BOSU was a good purchase. I bought it when they first came out and have gone through periods where I didn't use it but all in all I've used it alot. I've even used it to step on using some of Cathe's old workouts like Step Heat or Step Max. It wouldn't work so well on her more dancey workouts. It is great for ab work...well anything you use it for it forces you to engage your core. It is stressful trying to prepare for trips like you're doing especially to pack for the kids and all! I always end up packing lists and triple checking what I'm taking and even trying to conserve on what I pack I still take too much! LOL! :D I haven't done the GS workouts in a long time but I do think you'll like them!

Rachel, good that you're still getting your workouts in! Don't stress if you miss one this week especially with the schedule you're trying to keep!

Kim, TBL tonight! This should be makeover week I think!

Okay, I must get going! My social time is up! :D Have a great day!

Hey Girls,

I did do GS upper body premix and I enjoyed it! It will be fun to do it in its entirety whenever I'll be able.

Jo, so sorry to hear about your heel! I'm glad you are being careful! I hope it resolves quickly!

I don't have much time today, will catch up with you all tomorrow!

Hello Cendrine! :cool:
Okay, X-nay my heel issue...it's GONE! See I knew if I talked about it, it would go away! I remember bending funny last Friday when I was trying to grab a cord that had fallen behind the dresser and I'll bet that's when I just pulled something funny.

It's a gray gray day...perfect for spinnig! :p

OH what a wonderful wonderful spin I had tonight! It was simply MAGIC! (sparkle sparkle.... :p) The cardio glow is a flowing!

TBL was good tonight...it was makeover week. There's only 3 more weeks (or maybe 2...) The contestants look amazing! What did you think Kim?

Oh and yoohoo girls listen to this. When DH was at the Physical Therapist today, he noticed one of the PT ladies had on LuLuLemon pants and the girls were discussing that she had got her pants at the Outlet store for $15!!! Yes you heard me right...$15 dolluh! And DH was up seeing a client by the Outlet store today and it's only an hour from here....guess where I'm going on Saturday? DH is going with me of course so I don't spend too much! Last thing, she could have had on leggings which are generally cheaper...DH couldn't tell me for sure. So I'm not banking that their stuff is really that cheap...stay tuned for Saturday!!

I'm getting ready to go read so just wanted to check in with you girls!

Have a great day tomorrow! I'm thinking about doing MM. Ahhh how I love Wednesdays!

Good Hump Day Gals!

Well no workout for me today...Funny Jo how you said not to worry if I missed one cause here I was frettin' until I saw that! lol I had plyo legs on my schedule for today but I woke up at about 1:30 last night and was wide awake until about 3 and there was no way I was going to be able to hop out of bed at 4 and get that done. I am still tired right now. I think my eye bags have bags...Just not to good to look at.LOL If I can get through the next week and a half I think we will be doing good. That is the last of my rotation and then I think I am going to take a really light week and then see what I can do next.

Jo-Imeant to ask if you thought that the BOSU is still something that you are going to incorporate into your home workouts? Did they go well with Cathe's workouts?
Glad the heel got cleared up.

Cendrine-What day are you out of here? I feel like I am going to miss saying goodbye to you:confused:. I have just really had time to briefly scan the posts so I know I am missing stuff!

Kim-Hope you are having a great week and great weather. How fun that the camper is out of storage!

Better go see if my breakfast will wake me up!

TTYL

Rachel

See Rachel, I must have had ESP that you needed to miss a day! LOL! I didn't sleep well last night either for some reason. It's been windy here so it was probably the wind that kept waking me up!

I did do MM today and again did bits of it on the BOSU. So, yes Rachel, I plan to use it more. Boy, it really makes you focus on your core! Maybe I'll finally get that elusive 6-pack! :p But you do have to go lighter on whatever you're using it with (like biceps) as it's much more intense. Today I tried it with the static lunges and that was a CHALLENGE! Lots of balance required!

Okay, back to work. Hi Kim and Cendrine!

Hi Guys,

I don't have much time, so just a quick check-in!

The Chiro's shoes fit me nicely, she gave them to me today! Whoohoo! I'll definitely pack those for my trip!

Rachel, I'm taking off Monday, and then I don't know how much I'll be able to check in.... I'll miss you guys, and I'll try to check in at least a couple of times if I can!

Jo, LOL about the outlet! I hope you find something really nice!

Hi Kim!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.