(:--->STS 6 month alumni-Week of March 28<--:)

Okay, woke up HUNGRY! I also have a touch of a sinus headache. I made myself some of my favorite Montana coffee - Rising Wolf - am sitting here enjoying that and have everyone lined up to clean house this morning. So I think we'll get that done before I do Disc 25. It's raining so a good day to clean!

I'll check back with everyone later!

No wonder you're hungry, Jo! That was a lot of exercise yesterday! I just finished CCC, that's a hard workout. Reminds me of the Insanity workouts!

Did you get your swim lessons organized Cendrine??

DH, I and dd went to see the movie "The Diary of a Wimpy Kid" last night, it was very cute. It was in a big movie complex, ds and his friend went into a different theatre to see a something else. They were going to met 2 other friends at the movie. Turns out it was 2 girls:eek::eek: Caught me by surprise. DS was all embarrassed when I went to find him to tell him our movie was done and I found the four of them hanging out at the popcorn stand. LOL

Oh the joys of teenage kids! LOL! I'm sure I will find myself in your shoes before I know it, Kim! How funny! I didn't get a hold of the instructor again! It's kind of annoying. I hope I get it sqared away this week.

Bike ride was nice but my asthma kicked up pretty bad (unexcpectedly bad) and I didn't have my inhaler with me, because it never has hit me like this while I'm out.... So the bikeride was harder because I had to work so hard to get enough air... dh said it's because of some new pollen that started just now.... Well, I will carry the inhaler with me from now on! But it was still fun, and very warm! My uphill portion also happened to be the against the wind portion, so I got a good workout.

Jo, I can't believe all you did yesterday for excercise! And you didn't feel overdone? Wow! The chocolate almonds and kettle almonds turned out nicely, I dried them extra long so now they are less sticky. I did have to add extra salt to the kettle almonds otherwise they just didn't taste like kettle almonds. But they are nice, I will do them again. How do you dehydrate clementines? Do you dry the individual segments or do you cut circles?

Rachel, I hope your dips were a hit and you had a great time with family!

Good morning!

Yes Jo, I agree with Kim...You worked up an appetite yesterday!
What a shocker that ds was meeting a couple of girls and how cute that he was embarrassed. They grow up so fast huh, Kim!

Well family day went off without a hitch but little bit of a snag...let me explain. DH had a really great idea for the kids, I thought. He suggested that they write messages and tie them to the helium balloons and let them go. They were all excited and wrote some funny stuff on the balloons and on little slips of paper and tied it on and we all went out to try to get away from the trees so they could let them go. Well since we had 30 mph wind gusts yesterday as soon as they let them go they went everywhere and a quite a few got caught up in the trees. Thank goodness the kids were not disappointed. Instead they had fun shooting them out of the trees with a bee bee gun. lol
All in all in was a beautiful day. Oh and just as a suspected...they were not just all over the bean dip when they found out it was healthy but they did eat it anyway. That is one thing about hungry people...they are gonna eat even if it is not exactly what they would want! haha I will make them healthy even against their will!

Today I have errands and granola on tap so I better get to it. Hope you all have a great day!

Kim-Happy spring break! Try to relax a little but I do hope you get alot accomplished on you house . I know it is alot easier to work on it when everyone is off from work.
I am thinking about doing the March rotation after I get done with meso 3 and a recovery week. It looks like a lot of fun. I was to look at April first though and then I will decide. What are you doing?

Jo-I don't blame you for starting over on meso 3. you barely got to get started and then you got sick. SO it only makes sense to start all over. Before long you are going to have a little army going to the gym with you. How fun!!! I want to hear about all the progress!

Cendrine-Did you get the swim lessons planned? I wish I had gotten to take swim lessons as a kid. I think I took one summers worth. I am an ok swimmer but it would be great to be a great swimmer.
CCC was tough but it made me feel good that Kim compared it to and insanity work out. I have never tried one of those but they sound tough just by the the name and it made me feel like I had completed an even bigger feat once she said that. I think I did better than last time which is always my goal. When it doesn't seem as long as the last time...i think it is a good sign , right!

Ok now I am really off!:p
TTYL

Rachel

Well, we've been cleaning and cleaning and cleaning! I'm on a roll! Just finally getting ready to go do my workout!

Big chuckle Kim over DS and the girls! That's funny!

Rachel, sorry, but I got a chuckle over the balloons too! Best laid plans huh? It makes me think of how things can go awry! LOL!

Cendrine, oh no about the asthma! Scheessh, if it's not one thing it's another huh?!

No, oddly enough, I didn't feel overdone yesterday and I think it was because it was spread out and I had eaten well. And, my energy is back! Like I said my body was really craving cardio!

Cendrine, I forgot to respond about the clemetines...I just put them on by sections. I had some room left on one of the apple trays so just grabbed one and stuck it on there to try. The dehydrator finished and was off for a while and I forgot about them! So I just turned it back on. I'll let you know how they come out.

Gooood Mondayyyyy Morninggggg!!!!!

I was a power house this morning!!!! According to my notes on my workout card, I did not get my intended weight for the 6 reps last go around so I thought..What the hay, I'm gonna try. I GOT THEM! Every weight that was originally on the card. I totally surprised myself! I do not know what it was. Maybe I had a super relaxing weekend knowing I did not have to prepare for a whole weeks worth of work or something. What ever it was, it was the perfect combination to make me strong today!

I had a hankering for a spicy meal last night and Dh wanted burgers so I decided while I made him regular burgers , I would search out a recipe for a spicy turkey burger. I found a great recipe that I just modified a little and it was great.
Let me know if yall like turkey burgers with a kick and I will post the recipe. It was so good that I am glad the recipe made alot so I made up some patties and then I made some meat balls too. I am thinking some kind of smoky spicy pasta dish for the spicy smoky meatballs...any suggestions on a healthy idea for a quick pasta sauce , Cendrine?

I think this will be our only day at work. We might have to take materials back to the shop tomorrow , but other than that we will be working around here all week. I am very excited!

I better go get ready for the day!

Have a Great One!!!

Rachel

WOW Rachel!!! You be bionic!!! Way to push through! It must be something in the air! I did HIIT Pyramid today and was astounded at how much better I did today than I did previously. (Make no mistake, I still substitute on tuck jumps, but...) I feel supercharged! You must have been sending me power waves over the air! This is the kind of contagion I like! :D

Yes, send the recipe; we're all about spicey kicking anything in this house! I've been cooking some with spicey Italian turkey sausage and everyone loves it!

The clementines: okay they look all shriveled up but you bite into them and they burst with flavor! I'm not sure I'll try those again but interesting. The cantaloupe and apples are all perfect but the pears turned out wierd also so probably won't try them again. GF (roommate wife) is coming on Wednesday for a week so I'm going to make black bean chips for her. She has auto-immune issue so there's all kinds of things she can't eat. Fortunately, since we eat really healthy, it's not much of a problem for her at my house. But besides wheat, gluten, diary, she can't eat tomatoes or red peppers, things like that.

It's really stormy here today and the temperature dropped back into the 40's (where we should be) so I should have a productive day not distracted by sunshine! :cool:

Off to the shower! Have a good day everyone!

I'm sitting here eating my black bean/kale soup thinking of you guys! :p I just want you all to know my abs are killing me from that Pilates class Saturday and my chest & back are nicely tight from Disc 25. Makes me feel alive!

One thing I want to say about my new experiences at the gym.. MY GOSH THEY PLAY THE MUSIC LOUD IN THE CLASSES!! (Except yoga and Pilates!) Though it's been okay, it's so loud from me being able to control my TV! So it's been nice the last couple of days to have Cathe back in my room with me without being blasted out! The BodyJam class was actually the worse as the instructor was really into the music. It was so loud that sometimes I couldn't hear her cuing (and she's wearing a microphone!). But, she was still easy enough to follow so it wasn't a big deal. In spinning it was okay because it was very driving and I could always hear the instructor (above the music and the giant whirling fans!). With that said, I know nobody will ever take Cathe's place in my workouts! (I wish she'd do a spinning workout!)

Break time over!

Hi Girls,

we are all a bit tired here today for some reason and the kids were bickering with each other, so I put on a movie during lunch to keep them from wiping me out with more of the same....:eek: It worked, we were all in a better mood by the time lunch was over...

I did High Step Training again today. Trying to stick with the two week repeat thing, so I can build on the previous week. So that means I will be doing Athletic step again tomorrow and Thursday instead of a CCC repeat I will be tackling step moves. looking forward to that! How is circuit blast? Does it qualify for cardio or is it equally heavy on the reps for weights? I haven't previewed it yet and I know Cathe made it for Shock cardio so I'm guessing it's lighter weights and more on the cardio side. How do you like it and would it work for me as I am looking for a bit less impact?

Rachel, I have two sauces I like to do with pasta, one is just a simple marinara where I start with sauteeing onions and garlic and whatever veggies I like and then simmer it with stewed tomatoes and tomato sauce from the can with some herbs and such. That turns into an awesome creamy concoction if you add some greek yoghut or light cream cheese at the end, love this in particularly with tortellini or ravioli. Another easy one is some lightly steamed spinach blended with pine nuts or walnuts and basil, garlic and olive oil , as well as parmesan and salt to taste for a fun pesto sauce. I don't do too much spicy because of the kids, but the sauce would work for spicy stuff too, I'm sure!

Jo, thanks for sharing the fruit drying results! I can just imagine how loud the classes would be! While I sometimes wish I could do my sound louder because I do find it helps with the energy output, (but the rest of the fam is usually still sleeping) I can easily imagine how it might be too much of a good thing really quickly....LOL.

HI Kim, enjoy your break even though i know you got tons you want to get done!

Good morning Yall!!!

First day of our little break before we go back to work next Monday and I snoozed my alarm until 6:30:eek: I am thinking that I am not going to set my alarm for 4 any more this week because I know I am not going to get up and then I have to snooze it every 10 min. when I think if I am going to sleep longer, I might as well do it right!

I have 40/20 on tap today and as soon as I get done here I am going to go and tackle it! It is another tough one but I think I feel the energy building and I am ready!

Cendrine-Both of your sauce ideas sound great. The spicy turkey burger is probably my best one so far. As far as Cardio Blast goes, I do not think it is one that we have repeated alot but it does not stand out in my mind as one that was particularly hard so it must be lower in impact. I know Jo with the iron trap memory might remember better!

Jo-Finally we traded weather. Now ours is in the 70's and you got your rainy stormy cold back. At least you are les distracted;). I am going to post the recipe later. I think you are going to like it. I made some modifications but I will post the original and tell you what and why I did what I did.
I know what you mean about the loud music. I do not like my workouts that loud. I think it is because I workout in the morning while dh is still asleep and I am used to trying to be a little quieter. Although with all the weight changing and jumping, I do not see how he sleeps through it sometimes!

Ok I better go do my workout before dh gets up and then I get preoccupied!

Have a great day!

Hopefully my clean eating mag will come today!

Rachel

40/20 DONE!
Maybe it was not picture perfect but I felt like I did a great job..haha
I think the hardest thing for me is the jump, side, turn , tucks, back to back! Those are killer!

OK off to get some errands runs.
TTYL
Rachel

Here is the recipe for the spicy turkey burgers.

Ings.
2 lbs. turkey
2 T minced garlic
1 tsp minced ginger root
2 fresh chiles , diced
1 med. red onion, diced
1/2 cup cilantro finely chopped
1 tsp salt
1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
1 T ground black pepper
3 T paprika
1T ground dry mustard
1 T cumin
1 dash of worschestire

In a bowl mix all the ing. and then mix in turkey. Makes 8 patties.

The changes I made were...Instead of chiles , I used chipotle chiles and I used 2 of those. I added a little less soy and more worschestire. I also added about half of a limes worth of juice. I did not have cilantro so I omitted that. It seemed a little too runny to me so I had some chipotle flat bread that I turned into bread crumbs and added that and and egg white for a little extra binding.
Then since I was going to freeze alot of this I put the patties on a sheet pan and let them get a little hard before bagging them. I took the ones that I was going to eat and took them right from the freezer to the grill. I think that help them stay together really well.
Oh yea , I also sauted the onions and the garlic to soften them.
These are really good and I hope yall try them and add your own spins and let me know what you think.
The calorie and fat count was ...230 cal, and 11 g of fat., but since I changed a few things , I do not think that is the same still.

Ok now I really have to go:eek:

TTYL

Howdy Doody Tuesday! :D (I made that up! heh heh!)

Okay, did Plyo Legs this morning. I should have previewed this to refresh me as I was mentally off with this today, however I got into it after about the first 15 minutes. Also, woke up with sinus headache so probably wasn't tip top. (Springtime is plagued with headaches for me...I wake up with them but they go away after an hour or so and still on antibiotics.) Anyway, I'm worked out and remembering how tiring Meso 3 is! (As Kim and Rachel both mentioned in previous posts!)

Cendrine, Circuit Blast is more cardio based, fast paced with lighter weights but tough! This is the one that's my least favorite of the entire series - I don't remember exactly why, but I think I felt it didn't flow well. There were some moves I really liked and some I just could barely make myself do. Again, you know how it is, sometimes you don't click the first time with a workout and I do think I've only done it once. But I know this is one I won't reach for often. I hope I don't sound discouraging; you will have to modify the cardio for your back as it's high impact (jumping on the step, over the step, etc.) Your sauces sound yummy!

Rachel, I'm kind of jealous about you having the rest of the week off! I sure have some projects I'd like to get done! AND, you're nice weather! Yep, it's a storming here again and 42! Eeekkks! Thank you for posting the recipe! I have all the ingredients except the turkey so maybe I'll make those this weekend when GF gets here. Good job on 40/20!

Hello Kim! TBL tonight! You HAVE TO WATCH! There's some guy going to be on there that's lost 400 lbs or something. Hope you're getting lots of projects done and having fun with the kids!

Okay, off to the shower! Oh, forgot to mention the DOMS in my chest! Loving that!

PS I saw they plan to do the SD RT again next year....there may still be hope....:p:cool:;):D I'm sure she won't come to Seattle as the only way to get (almost guaranteed) beach time with nice weather is in August

I got 40/20 and ab circuits pilates done. I agree 40/20 is hard!

That recipe sounds good Rachael, I should try that one.
We're keeping busy with our holidays, getting lots of projects done. Yesterday was stucco repair, repairing ds's dresser, and cleaning out ds's clothes. We also did piano lessons, visited some showhomes and went out for dinner. Oh yes, we also went to the park and flew a kite! That was fun, we hadn't done that in years!

Today dd wants to go swimming, ds has plans with his friends, and DH wants to get the tax returns done. I'm going to try and tackle a couple of closets while watching TBL tonight.

Rachael, don't set the alarm!!! Let your body get uninterrupted sleep while you can. I'm going to see what Cathe posts for the April rotation before I decide what to do next. The March rotation looked good. I always thought that I would go back and do a full Insanity rotation but don't know if I'm really feeling like it.

Cendrine Cathe never put the whole Circuit Blast into the STS rotation, I guess because it was weights/cardio and we're already doing weights with STS so I think she put the cardio blast in twice?? So really don't know that workout very well. After I finish this rotation in a couple of weeks, I want to do that one and Travel Fit because I feel like I haven't had a chance to really try them. I did Travel Fit once before starting the rotation. Is the asthma okay?? I don't think you've every mentioned asthma before??

Jo TBL tonight! I read that a one contestant gets to win their way back onto the show. Any guesses who wins?? It sure sounds like you have your energy back!

Better go make some lunch for the family. So much togetherness time this week! Kim

Hi Everyone!

Rachel, I hope you got your CE magazine as well! I haven't had time to look through it in detail but the pictures look so fun! I am gonna have to try those desserts! Did you see those, Jo? Do any of them look interesting to you?

I didn't get to Athletic step today, the last few days with the weather changing (at least that's what I blame it on) I have had headaches starting when getting up and my back was more sore than usual, so I used that excuse to read instead...:eek:

Today is the day I'm supposed to get some exercise suggestions to help my back be lest concaved.... I'm gonna take notes and be dilligent trying to see if they will make a difference!

Kim, my asthma is not really bad, which is why I haven't mentioned it before. I just this year seem to have had more occurrences than usual, it seems. Most of the time the instances disappear as the weather gets warm, usually mine is cold and exercise induced, although I get it right before going to bed lately, too. I may have to bite the bullet and get some regular asthma medicine and not just the quick fix inhaler. Knowing you know quite a bit about that, would that be your thoughts as well? My mom has an opinion on everything related to medical issues and told me years ago that if I don't treat it it is going to get worse, what are your thoughts on that? I wasn't too keen on getting on regular medicine for the once in a while mild cases that I used to get. I don't like to be on medications, period... But, I'm wondering now, though.
Flying a kite is fun! I was just thinking of doing that with the kids the other day! We got a fancy dragon one for ds a couple of years ago and i'm not sure if it will unwrap ok, after last time's use... Sometimes the simplest ones still work the best...:)

Jo, I hope you don't keep having headaches!

Thanks for your input on Circuit Blast, I guess I need to preview it before doing it....

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.