<---STS 6 Month Alumni Week of July 18!!!--->

I did Low Max this morning! Or maybe I should say I got my leg workout doing Low Max this morning! LOL! Just sitting here having my breakfast and coffee before I go do a little cleaning...got the laundry going.

Cendrine, BEAUTIFUL pictures! WOW!!! That turned out great and DD looks so so cute! Congrats on a party success! Tell us more when you have time!

Not much else going on today. It's going to be another 68 degree day (scheesch!) and I'm just going to clean and do homework.

Hope everyone is having a good day!

Quick post for me right now. Went and did a 11 mile bike ride with DH running. Now heading over to MIL's pool so kids can swim. It's hot today!
Finished Insanity except the Fit Test, I think I'll do it Tuesday so I can get a good result for comparison.

Love the pics Cendrine! Your dd is so cute! Did she have fun at the party?? Do you know what is causing ds's fever?

Jo Sorry about the arm!!! Enjoy your quiet day today! Rest the arm!!! Let DH do the housework;)

Rachael I'm so glad that your back is getting better! I am taking pictures every time we go to the lot so we will have a diary of the house coming together. It's a good learning experience for us and the kids on seeing the steps of construction!

I'm not working out today, just taking it easy. However, my friend called (her two girls did not show up at the party yesterday and I assumed they just weren't able to make it because I knew they were also supposed to go out for a family weekend...) Well she called saying she was getting ready to come, she completely thought the party was today..... I told her to come anyway. DD will love an extension of her party, besides I have extra stuff so the girls can have a catch up party... :)

Dd enjoyed herself so much yesterday! The girls all looked really cute with their fairy outfits on and enjoyed the crafts and games. Of course I have too much cake but it's yummy, so I don't think it will be that hard to get rid of...:)

Kim, I'm not sure what's up with ds's fever. He got over it again quickly, so I'm really not sure where it came from, he also had a sore throat and a stuffy nose this time, so maybe just a summer cold? Luckily none of us followed suit...!
I can feel your excitment about the progress on the house! I would be so fidgety for the move in date, now that you see progress! I think it would drive me nuts, but I bet you will have extra things to buy at your girl only shopping trip getting things for the house and such! Which reminds me, I think I will take your example and go shopping for Christmas presents early this year! Even if i don't go on a bus tour, I should still find stuff for everyone...:)
Do share your results when you take the fit test!

Jo, enjoy the mild weather, it's definitely hot here. I can't imagine ds doing soccer practice outside in this heat much less me sitting there waiting for it to be over...LOL!

Hi Rachel!

Good Sunday!

I can not believe it is already 4 o clock. It feels like the day flew by! Oh well, I just try to look at it like it will not be long before this job is over and then I will have more time than I know what to do with.

I still am not sure what I am doing tomorrow. I still have one dvd I haven't even opened yet. I think it is the high step challenge. I might could do a version of it tomorrow. Just with no upper body. I am still nursing that elbow. I am thinking when I do not feel any notice of pain or anything at work then I will be ready to start working it again. I probably will not be able to do a push up one when that happens but I will work back up to it.

We had unexpected but much welcomed visitors today. My brother and my niece and nephew came by for a while. I just can not get over how old my niece is getting. She is 13 and she is such a teenager now:eek:. Not in a bad way but she is taller than me, puts make up on better than I ever did at her age and is just all grown up looking but still a kid at the same time...:*} Does that make any sense at all? She was telling me that there was this boy at a birthday party that she went to that she liked and all I could think was that she was at a pool party and there was a boy there that she liked:eek::eek::eek: This is my one and only niece and I feeling the fact that she has to grow up! LOL One more thing that just solidifies the fact that I would be a frantic parent! :rolleyes::D

Jo-Ugghh the arm!!! I hope the dr will be able to stitch you up ( not literally) and have you back on the saddle! I can't believe your weather. You know when you said you did not have a/c I thought that was crazy but it would totally not make sense would it? haha

Kim- YOU DID IT!!! I would want the results I worked so hard for too. I think it is a wise decision to wait on the fit test.
I think it is going to be a great memory for your family to see your house built from the ground up. Just think this could possibly be the house that your kids will graduate in and all sorts of things that are so important. It is great that your whole family is a part of the process!

Cendrine-WOW on the cake and the garden and the costumes! I am super impressed! Your dd seemed very proud in her fairy costume! I had a feeling that the strawberry cake would be delicious! Again another reason why I would love to be your next door neighbor!;)
WHats on your week of rotation?

I was wondering if any of you have heard of or done any of the physique 57 or barre workouts? I am trying to branch out a little but don't want to waste a lot of money on workouts I won't use. I know yall know how that is!

It almost time to grill so I better start getting things ready!

Have a great rest of the Sunday!

Hi ya Monday Girls! I'm super late today so I'll be brief. Some friends called us early afternoon yesterday to come to a Greek themed BBQ in Seattle. So we went and it was Greek food and watching Mama Mia! LOL! So we'd watch for 30 minutes, have an intermission and eat kabobs, then another 30 minutes, then intermission and eat greek salad, etc. Anyway, I didn't get home until after 10! It was lots of fun. Oh, and complete with everyone dancing and singing to the ABBA tunes during the movie! CRAZY I tell you! We had the best appetizers though - it was this rice rolled in grape leaves and brushed with olive oil...OH MY GOSH! They were incredible!

I pulled out an oldie but goodie today - Step Fit! It was a fun workout and though it's probably been 5 years since I did it, it all came back quickly!

Bye bye...of to the foot doctor!

I'm doing another week of pilates this week, had a good one this morning although I got interrupted several times. Then went off to our first swim class of the week which went well. The kids stayed a little afterwards to play and then we showered them at the pool so they are nice and clean already...
At home ds and I tackled his room, took us almost 2 hours to sort through all his toys and decide what to keep what to give away, major dusting and now all that's left is vacuuming, 1 trashbag full of garbage and 1 trashbag full of give aways. I feel accomplished, but ds still has lots of keepsakes and treasures to fill his room! LOL!
I'll be doing some chores around the house today and ds has a playdate later.
Have a great day, all!

Oh Just a quick in and out for me. I am plum tired. I think this is a Monday thing!
This morning I did HSTA just cardio and lower body. I don't think my elbow is going to get better as long as I am at work. I mean it's better just staying the same now. Aggravated!

Jo-You go to the funnest sounding parties! There is nothing like that going on around here I am sure! LOL
Hows the arm?

Cendrine-Doesn't it feel good to get rid of stuff! I love that!
I really need to start researching those pilates instructors you are doing! I don't know why I don't do that over the weekend when I think I have nothing to do! I always forget about that.

Kim- I hope you are having a great start to the week without Insanity!

TTYT

Hidy Ho My Friends!

Here's all my Dr results:

1. Foot Dr - got another shot, he told me to get back to icing and keep with the anti-inflammatories. (I had kind of slacked off on icing when my arm became a bigger issue. :eek:) I also quit taking the anti-inflammatories when the bottle ran out and he reminded me I had 2 refills. Who knew?
2. Arm - she's sending me to Physical Therapy. I have my first appt on Wednesday. She thinks my medial deltoid is torn (isn't that what I said?) but she wants the PT to look at me and give an assessment before they decide to do any imaging. Right now I'm keeping it wrapped so I can use it.
3. I also had my girlie check-up and my mammogram. Oh you'll love this, when they drew my blood, the lab guy had to use an infant needle. They've had to use pediatric needles on me before, but today that wasn't even working! Isn't that a hoot? My BP was 102/72 and my heart rate 56! Good stats! LOVE THAT CARDIO!!!!! I like having my BP so low as we have heart disease in our family on my dad's side. I'm the only one (besides my mom) that doesn't have high BP.

Alright enough about me! (Hope you don't mind me sharing on that!)

Cendrine, I can feel how you good you must be about tossing some things out! I've been going to ask you about the pool. Is that a community pool or a city pool or what that the kids are taking lessons from? (Just curious) Sounds like you're enjoying the pilates (are you?) Several people I know that have had back trouble swear by pilates for getting them back into shape. Is everyone well at your house? DS back to normal?

Rachel, Monday's are tough! I feel for you with the arm issue! These things take time! But yes, it is so aggravating. So how are you liking HSTA? Isn't it just a killer leg workout? Oh and you totally cracked me up reading about your niece and the boy! You'd probably be a great parent! LOL! I have heard of Physique 57 but don't know anything about it and yes I know several people that love the barre workouts (or however you spell it) but I don't have any experience with them.

Kim, drum roll on Insanity!!!! Fit test and it's OVER! We should all celebrate with you! Hope your happy with your Fit test results! LOL! So take a week off and relax!! Can't wait to see house pictures! So what are your kitchen colors going to be?

Alright off to do homework!

Tuesday! Yes it is! :eek:

Slept better last night; my arm was hurting less and I didn't wake up every time I rolled on it. No workout this morning as I'll be spinning tonight. And it looks like it might (mind you I said MIGHT) hit 70 today. I'm really tired of still wearing jackets and it's the middle of July! Well, we've been here before, this always happens to us after a warm winter. Got to love El Nino!

Not much else going on today. Have a good day!

Jo, congratulations on your awesome stats! That does feel good, I love it every time they tell me my numbers, too, working out and eating right just really does work! Even dh had really good numbers last week! With your low blood pressure, I was wondering, do you crave salt and get dizzy sometimes when you get up too fast? It happens to me, not every day but when I get dizzy I usually have to replay what I had to eat and realize there wasn't any salt in the day....
I hope the physical therapist can help you with your deltoid! And fast!
I researched acupunturists in the area and found one I really like, now I have to check today and hopefully my insurance will cover it. I really hope she can help me get rid of the remaining back twinges, despite the workouts that I enjoy and help, I still get messed up, like the room cleaning yesterday did a number on my back, and I really was hoping to get back to a level where a few hours on the floor won't mess up my recovery. Hopefully I can go there and get fixed maybe even for my headaches, that would be nice too.

The pool we use this year for lessons is a community pool, last year it was hosted at a private pool, but we are at the community pool really early for most people who are on summer break so there isn't anyone else there, hardly...

Pilates is done for the day, gotta go shower and get the kids ready for the pool and then I'm taking the day off from kid oriented activities to get some of my homeschool year ready, such as getting needed copies and stuff like that.

Hi Rachel and Kim!

Hey guys

I have just been running out of time in the morning. This morning I actually over slept. Isn't it funny that when you are on a schedule, even 10 minutes can throw everything off. I hopped out of bed and ate my granola before I even went to the bathroom:eek: I like to have at least 15 min after eating before I do anything and that was the only way that that was going to happen. Good thing no one but me and the cat are up at that time or they would have seen me doing the peepee dance:eek:

We are getting real close to being done at our job and I am so excited. It will be weird though not working at this church at all. We did another huge project for them about 3 yrs. ago and then we knew we had the big conference center coming and now the remodel and then we are done. So it has been almost 4yrs altogether of planning and doing and now it is almost done!!!

Jo-I am glad you are keeping us updated! I want to know what the pt says too.
I am the same way about bp...Dh kids me about being the walking dead! haha
I don't think I have had a resting hr above 60 in yrs. Dh bp is always a little high. It has been ever since we were teens but it still worries me.

Cendrine-I did not know that that is what causes that dizzy feeling.:eek: Wow you teach me something everyday. I hope you get to go to the acupuncturist. I am very curious about that too. I think I would love that because I know it is not supposed to be too painful. (I have heard it was in some areas) But I am one of those weirdos that likes the dental pain you get when they are cleaning your teeth so I think I would like that too.

Hi Kim!

TTYT

INSANITY IS DONE!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D

Here's the results of my Fit Test:
Before After
Switch Kicks 64 80
Power Jacks 70 83
Power Kneew 87 106
Power Jumps 45 65
Globe Jumps 10 12
Suicide Jumps 16 21
Push-Up Jacks 25 36
Low Plank Oblique 58 84

I really pushed myself through this test, I thought I was going to be sick. Very pleased with the results though!

So Rachael, do you get a few days off after this job? Or do you have the next one lined up?? A few days off would be good for your arm. Oh I so know what you're saying about your niece as I have a 13year old. They can be little adults one moment and kids the next. I heard of both those workouts but don't have either. Do you ever check reviews on videofitness.com or collagevideos.com??

Cendrine Our physios are starting to use acupunture more often. It can work really well if used correctly by a well trained person. Used incorrectly it can cause problems. Is it a physio doing the acupuncture? I sure hope it helps you! When do you think you'll start up the homeschooling?? Did dd have a good catch up party?:D She probably enjoyed having friends over to play with her new toys!

Jo Congrats on the good check up! Hopefully the physio can give you some good advice. Jo, the girls were asking me at work today about colours for the house. :eek:I'm so bad at that stuff, I don't even know what to call stuff. Our appliances are black, dark wood laminate flooring, smoky grey laminate countertops, peppercorn stained maple cabinets and a gry/blue backsplash. The kitchen is open to the great room and we have blue/yellow furniture. Does that make sense??

I have lots of pictures but just basement stuff so far. I'll post when there is something more interesting. We have driven over almost every night which is a big time commitment but there is something new everyday to see. They were supposed to pour the concrete basement today but DH/ds wanted to go to the baseball game so we'll check it out tomorrow.

Thursday we are leaving on a camping trip until Sunday. Two more days of work and then I have 2 weeks off!

WhooooHooooooo!!!!!!:cool: Congrats Kim, and what amazing improvements! That is awesome, you sure deserve a vacation! Nice work!

Thanks for your tips about the Acupuncture, I appreciate you looking out for me! The place I'm hoping to go to is a nationally certified acupunturist, do you think that will be good enough or should they have some other certification as well? I don't know if I'm covered yet, they are checking for me.
I made great progress prepping for the schoolyear, I think we might start mid august, but it's not in stone yet. I also managed to clean out my office in the process, so I am super happy and feel organized...LOL!
About dd's make up party... well, they ended up not making it again....:rolleyes: Something to do with getting ready to go out of town that night and stuff. They were supposed to come at 3, then I got a call that it would be 4, when they called at 6 I figured it wasn't going to happen.... Well, we will catch up when they get back.

Rachel, I am happy for you that this job is almost done! But at the same time I hope you guys will continue to have jobs to keep you busy, if you know what I mean. I imagine when you are your own boss it would be sort of nice to have a big job lined up so you don't have to keep looking for more work each week.
By the way, I meant to say, I wasn't sure which barre workouts you were talking about, there are quite a few out there. I was previewing some cardio barre workouts on collagevideo.com and they kind of got my interest. I didn't know about the 57 one until you mentioned it but it looks like something I might enjoy as well. Do let me know if you get any of these before I do and tell me how you like them...

Spinning was fun as always! I don't know why I'm so addicted to that class! The cardio is so intense and I just LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE ITTTT! Many of the people wear cycling shoes for the spin (the pedals have both shoes cages (which I use to keep your feet on the pedal) and then on the other side of the pedal is the clip in for the cycle shoes. Anyway this gal I made friends with let me try on her shoes before class so I could see how they feel and wow what a difference! However they cost about $100 and I've done without them all this time...so I'll wait for Xmas or something. I would like a pair but I've been spinning for over 5 years without them (and ahem...we did just pay for me to go to school... :eek:).

Oopsydaisy! I wasn't quite done before I hit submit...but I've lost so many posts in the past I guess that's okay.

KIM!!! Phenomenol RESULTS! Congratulations!!! Whew...wipe the brow! At last at last! But, I'm going to really miss the countdowns! LOL! :p So are you going to rest now? Your kitchen sounds wonderful! Yes, I can kind of picture your colors. Got the main idea anyway! :D

Cendrine, DH loves acupuncture! Our insurance covers it. He goes to a little Chinese lady that has been practicing since she was 9 (he thinks she's mid to late 40's). He swears by it and says you should GO! Anyway, he went for his back, neck, and ringing in his ears. Unfortunately hasn't helped his ears but he did get significant improvement with neck and back. He also said he finds it very relaxing. With that said, a guy that works for me goes for his back also (different person) and has had amazing results as well. In fact, I know a lot of people that go or have gone! So much for the makeup party huh? :( Oh and last thing, no I don't crave salt, but yes I have the light headed thing when standing up too fast. I'm always tell DH, HOLD ON TO ME I GOT UP TOO FAST!!! LOL!

Rachel, I busted out laughing that you like the dental pain!! You totally crack me up! Oh yeah...it reminds me of wiggling the loose tooth when I was a kid to see how much pain I could endure! (Oh I'm laughing again!) Crazy, crazy girl you are! So are you and DH high school sweeties? Yeah, I'll post the PT visit info. I kept my arm wrapped all day today and it really made a difference. How's yours? Same? Wow, sounds like you've put a lot of work into that church! Doesn't if feel good to see what all you've accomplished for them? Yeah, what's next on your plates? You have another one lined up?

Off to bed...Kim, I missed Jillian again as I had to study! Another test tomorrow night!

Have a great day tomorrow everyone!

Hump Day!! Yippee Ky Yay! Not much to report this morning. I'm taking today as my rest day. Looking forward to seeing the PT today and then test tonight.

We're supposed to have our company picnic this Saturday but some friends invited us to go camping on the Sound. They have a camp site on the water and the weather is supposed to be mid 80's so camping sounds like more fun to me! Anyway, but we'll see!

Have a great day everyone!

Jo, those biking shoes sound like fun! I like it when I see something I want but can wait to get, that way I can actually have a wishlist for birthdays or Christmases....LOL! I think some pilates dvds will be on my list this year....;)

I'm glad your arm/shoulder is doing ok with it wrapped, and I hope you get more relief soon! Thanks for the acupuncture result sharing, that makes me so hopeful! I hope my condition can be helped by this! I would be so dissapointed if it ended up not being helped by it.

Sound like you are really enjoying classes and test! It's funny, I always liked taking tests myself. Of course that probably had to do with the fact that I was prepared and knew I could do well. Good luck on yours tonight!

One quick note...after further self evaluation and diagnosis, I now think my problem is my anterior deltoid. So we'll see what the PT says!

So, nothing conclusive from the PT (I really liked her) but after checking every kind of possible arm movement, not having pain when she would expect me to, have unbelievable range of motion when she didn't expect it and then extremely limited, etc., she doesn't think anything is torn but the jury is still out BUT here's some things she said:

1. Pain is referred pain, problem is up in my shoulder.
2. After she worked my shoulder by rotating humerus (sp?) and working the socket, and in my shoulder blade area, I was able to increase my range of motion by about 30% before the pain started (at least temporaily).
3. I had a big knot in the back of my shoulder she worked out which she said is probably from me compensating for pain.
4. She said I need to work my upper middle back more as my shoulder is doing some work my back should be doing and will help prevent future injury or reinjury.
5. I can carry on with weight work but don't do anything that hurts
6. Said she's seen this type of injury before and usually will heal within months vs a year. She said because I'm so fit and healthy maybe just a couple of months but of course that's just a guess. She said its obvious I'm very motivated to heal! (But of course!) So that will help.
7. Gave me some tubing and exercises to do
8. Here's the best thing, because it's referred pain, I've been icing the wrong place! :eek: Shucks! However, wrapping was a good thing as it did help prevent me from causing more pain.

There you go! I'll see her twice a week for at least the next four weeks, but she said this is very fixable and keep on working out!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.