STS 6 month alumni moving into March!

FourAM

Cathlete
Wow this yr is just flying by for me! I can not believe this is the last day of February! That is just mind boggling!

Thank goodness for rest days , right! I am enjoying my morning and hoping the suns sticks all day. Our temps are up and down right now so today it is going to be in the 60 ranges and then tomorrow in the 40's. Spring is right around the corner here though and I can feel it.

I need to do a little meal planning today and get a few things from the grocery store so that is pretty much all I am planning today and let the rest fall where it does.

Cendrine-I think that is a great idea. I know you have previewed all of the sts shock cardio so you know that they are not all that long for the most part and there are some that are far less intense. I think the trial of doing half and half is a good idea. I think it just depends on how you feel if you put both halves on the same day or not. I got a new mag yesterday. I think it might be called delish...I would have to look at it. But all the meals are under 400 calories. Not all of them are clean I am sure but it had some good looking dishes in there.

Kim-I am so happy that your ds lung levels are looking good. It is great that asthma is not holding him back from anything. Esp. Hockey! Your day sounds packed but fun.
I think I would have benefited from a rest day before I tackled that double wave load on the bi's . They got me good. I would have been disappointed if I had not been suffering from DOMS this morning!

Jo-You must be busy resting;) I hope you are getting you energy back. It will not be too much longer and you will be able to get some good zee's when the olympics goes off. And then you have recovery week coming too. Hang in there!

Ok I am off to figure out some dinners for the week!
Have a great day!
Rachel

Enjoy the well deserved rest day Rachael! Hope the sun stays out for you! Are you starting a new job this week??

Just finished disc 22, I was happy that it was shorter , 43 mins, but I forgot about the drop sets. Still easier than the double wave load though. Off to shower and then to ds's hockey game.

Kim, I think I would be thrilled just to be good enough to compete at the Olympics...LOL! I wouldn't dare hope for a win of anything because the competition is so fierce... that was nice of Celine, I didn't hear about that.
So the tsunami wave came and went and everything is still standing. It's always better to be safe than sorry, but I'm sure a lot of people are going to think people over reacted with their predictions, even though you can't really predict these things.

Rachel, your Magazine sounds fun! I hope you get your planning done with time to spare for resting.

Jo, how's the weekend treating you?

We have a pinewood derby for the tiger cubs this afternoon. Ds and dh have been working on this car for the races, and it has to be just so heavy and all, should be fun for them! We'll go along to watch, but I'm glad I didn't have to make the car and put in the weights and everything! LOL!

:):D Hello my Cathe BFF's!!!!!!! :p:cool:

Today was Disc 20 Legs and the lunges and lunges and plates and lunges! Ugghh! Truly I loved it! Energy level was back today! So what I did was drop down a bit in weights (just a couple of pounds) on the plate workouts and the 45 and static lunges and focused on going deeper (what...was I crazy or what?) Anyway my legs are double cement now! So I will be stuck in front of the TV for the hockey game!

Kim, yep, going to watch the Olympics today! Boy the air is charged with anticipation isn't it? In actuality, since I cheer for both the US and Canada, I don't care who wins but it should be fun! Glad DS is doing better! That makes mom happy huh? Did you watch the exhibition skate last night with the Bronze medal gal? She skated to a Celine song. She is such an inspiration! Enjoy your time with the mom's!

Rachel, I know I'm shocked February has snuck by us! Only two more weeks and we can set the clocks forward again - can't wait for that. We are having crazy temperatures here too. Today and tomorrow is supposed to be 60! My rhododendrons and flowering plum tree are already trying to bloom! What's on your work agenda this week?

Cendrine, I think your idea for a program is good. What I would do though, especially the first week, is just limit yourself to a couple or exercises for each body part...or maybe just one just to test the water. Maybe that's what you were thinking with your abbreviated schedule. But I think the idea of introducing it slowly is a good idea.

I wanted to save that last post so I didn't lose it!

You guys have been such an inspiration to me on trying new dishes especially since you're the only ones I know (beside my gal at work) that like clean eating! So I wanted to tell you girls that yesterday I went to Barnes and Noble (had a gift certificate from work) and bought a cook book published by Whole Foods! It's got some great recipes in it and I'm anxious to try some of them. Also, I made DH this great juice yesterday: beets, romaine, kale, carrots, apple, pear and ginger. It was awesome! Then I took the beet greens and made us this great salad. In the salad I put: beet greens, red onion, grated carrot, kalamato olives, cucumber, pine nuts and dried cranberries. For dressing I mixed olive oil, lemon juice and a little chili powder. It was awesome! This was my first time ever using beet greens in a salad; I usually juice them as the leaves don't always look good enough to eat.

Also, I bought a Raw cookbook that has a whole chapter on chips and crackers so I'll be sharing those with you guys as I branch out!

Okay, hockey is starting so I'll check back with you all later!

Good afternoon...I had a minute so I thought I would pop my head in to see what was up. I think I have got my day summed up ...al I have left is dinner and I am planning a pretty easy dish but with tasty results, I hope...
Not too long ago I made a pasta dish that just blended together a little goat cheese, low fat cream cheese, raw grated garlic, raw spinach , salt and pepper to taste and a little parmesan cheese. You blend that in the blender while your pasta is cooking and add a little pasta water to the blender if needed to loosen a little. Then you add the other half of the spinach to the pasta and then add the sauce. I added some chicken too. It was fantastic. So this time I am roasting a whole head of garlic and then this evening I will roast some cherry tomatoes and I will ad those to the blender. Then toss with italian grilled chicken and pasta with extra spinach. I think it is going to be great...I hope! haha Last time I used whole wheat penne and today I have some vegetable shell pasta that I need to use up so that is what I am going to use.
The first time I made this I froze the left overs and it was still good...when I heated it back up I added just a little cottage cheese to help it have more of a creamy factor. yum. I can not help that I am a pasta girl:eek:
Everything in moderation , right!

Jo-Your cookbook sounds like it has some great recipes just from what you have already done. I love a good cookbook and I love experimenting...I just wish my dh was as open to eating anything like it sounds like yours is! I think that is wonderful!

Cendrine-I am glad people still prepared for the worst even though nothing happened. I just hope if there is a next time people will always heed the warnings. That seems so scary. I hope dh and ds do great in the race. It sounds like so much fun.

Kim-I am sure it is hockey all day!!! Hope you are having a great day. We are going to be on this particular job for a few more weeks and then there is already another one lined up. I do love steady income...:D...And on this job that we are on it is a nice environment. I get to use the teachers lounge for a restroom which is always nice...I do get a little razzing for getting special treatment but it is all in fun!

I am off to watch the end of Love in the Time of Cholera...I have been trying to watch it for three days and hope I can finish it now..:rolleyes:

TTYL
Rachel

Congrats to your team Kim! What an exciting game!!! I loved how competitive it was - that's so much better than when one side is clearly better and whips the other team!

Rachel, your dish sounds delicious! How was the movie? I read that book last year and really liked it!

Okay, now I have to get something done and then watch closing ceremonies tonight!

Two great wins today!! DS won his playoff game 5-2 and Canada won 3-2 in overtime. It was a great game, wasn't it Jo! Both teams were playing hard! It was so fast that the cameraman could hardly keep up, LOL!

I was just watching the 6pm news and there are street parties going in most Canadian cities. They had to shut down the mainstreet in Toronto! Canadians are sure celebrating.

I love pasta Rachael, that recipe sounds wonderful!

Jo, maybe I'll try light weights/deeper lunges this week on the triset. Sounds like a good idea for some variety. I'm glad that this is the last triset week. DD and I did watch some of the skating gala last night. I did see the Bronze medal winner skate to the Celine Dion song, I saw her on a interview saying that she had changed her plans to use that song as it was one of her mom's favourities, she will carry the Canadian flag at the closing ceremonies tonight. :( Hopefully some of the memories will help ease the pain. I had to laugh when our ice dancing gold medallist came out with the Canada hockey jersey and toque:rolleyes: A shameless way to get lots of cheers.

Cendrine I remember ds doing the race car thing in Boy Scouts. They always seem to have lots of fun with that. Is Tiger Cubs part of Boy Scouts??

The race was fun, several dens competed with each other. Ds didn't win anything but our den took 1, 2, and 3rd place for their age! Luckily ds is not disappointed, he just enjoys the ride! There was another one who had quite a scene over not doing as well as expected and I thought that would be hard to deal with. Dd had a great time too just mingling and enjoying the afternoon.
Kim, Tiger cubs is the precursor of Boyscouts, it's boy scouts for 1st graders, he only has to go on a hike and then ds will have earned his Tiger Cub badge and move on to the next level, which I think is wolf cubs or something like that...
Congrats on all the wins! How exciting, and I meant to tell you earlier how happy I am that ds is doing so well on his new medicine!

Rachel, your dish sounds delish, I definitely like pasta too, we have it about once a week for sure. Pasta isn't necessarily bad, it can be a pretty healthy dish if you do it right.

Jo, do share your chip and cracker recipes as you try them! I am still trying to find a good one for my family, they didn't care too much for my cilantro tortilla chips, too cilantroey I think.... ;) I was shocked when you said it will be time to turn back the clocks again, or is it forward, I get confused, anyway, I do know it will mean an hour less of sleep so does that mean forward? I think so....:eek: Not looking forward to loosing the hour but definitely looking forward to more daylight!
By the way, I dehydrated a healthy granola recipe instead of baking it to keep the raw nuts and seeds intact and it turned out better and more flavorful than when I baked it before. It makes a really yummy treat any time, not just for breakfast.

I am planning on doing one more week of workouts as I did last week but with a little more weight and then I think I will do some kind of Cathe modified rotation to get back to her fun and motivating persona! I miss her! Keep your fingers crossed for me!

Cendrine, sounds like the kids had so much fun! I just love the names: tiger cubs and wolf cubs! LOL! That sounds so cute! Granola sounds great! I'm going to have to try making that too! Sorry the cilantro chips didn't work out - they sound good to me! LOL!

Kim, yes, the gold medalist with the Canada shirt was fun! They had a great dance! I'm sad it's over! I just LOVE the Olympics! I'll bet there's big time dancing in the streets in Canada! Ahhhh...the ceremonies were great!

Rachel, how was the movie?

Okay tty tomorrow! Back to the Biggest Loser this week...

Good Morning Yall.!!!

I sprung into the 30/30 this morning like nobodies business! This one seems so easy after doing 40/20 last week although I am not saying that it is easy but it feels good to be able to make it through the drills if you know what I mean;). Then it was weights and plates:eek: That plate section is still a tuffy but as long as I am feeling it right? lol

Today it is a rainy day but I am in a great mood and ready to get this week started so it isn't bothering me one bit!

Jo-I loved this movie. I bet the book is better though. The guy is so tormented by his love for the girl...I won't say too much just in case someone has not seen it or read the book.

Cendrine-The way I remember the whole clock things is 'spring forward' and 'fall back'...like you are springing forward into spring and vice versa with fall...I am glad ds just enjoyed the fun. I would have to agree that a competitive kid at that age would be hard to deal with.

Kim-Congrats on all the hockey games! I think Canada did a great job hosting the Olympics!

Oh yea the second trial at the pasta was a success!

Got to go!

Have a great DAY!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Rachel

Oh my goodness my legs are tight! Kim, if you really want a killer, do what I did with lowering the weights and going deeper! Holy Moly! I have the worse DOMS! They've probably been this bad before but if feels like this is the most! LOL! I have it way up on my glutes like I've never had before...actually all the way around my glutes and my quads and my hams! It's a well balanced DOMS! HA! Then today was kickboxing so though I was really kind of dreading it because of the DOMS, I think it helped stretch me out.

I think I mentioned yesterday that it's supposed to be 60 today then this morning the news says 62! Unbelievable!

Rachel you sound fantastically energetic today! I hope your day is has great as you feel!

Hello Kim and Cendrine! Off to the shower!

Just a quick post to say I was able to up my weights as planned today and am feeling a little bit closer to my pre-sts weight area! Feels good!

Jo, I'm glad the weather is so nice for you guys! It felt cold here today, although for you it would be warm no doubt!

Hi Kim and Rachel!

Yeah Cendrine! You're making progress! Do you feel great?

I went out to do an errand and it's 63 degrees! Oh my gosh it feel so wonderful!

Rachel, I've been meaning to ask you how it's coming with your Vibram's?

Kim, Happy Monday!

Jo, I love those things...After the first CCC workout with them, I really felt it in my calves but now I think that I am getting used to them. I have used them for everything including step!

Well not too much to report, just checking in. I think Jo and I traded weather. It is cold and rainy here...Go figure!
I think it is supposed to get better toward the end of the week but who knows..haha

Well looking forward to may workout tomorrow...!

Cendrine - Congratulations on the workout. I hope you get to continue moving forward!

Kim-Hi from way down here:rolleyes:

OK I think I am going to spend the rest of my night reading! yippee!!!!

See yall tomorrow.

Rachel

Good morning Yall!

Well another one bites the dust and just 2 more workouts left for meso 2 strength and three for cardio...I promise I am not counting down the days...haha I did really love this meso rotation and now I guess I need to look at meso 3 and decide what I am going to do...plyo or strength legs...I think I did both last time so I can not really go by that...you know doing the opposite.
We'll see!

I am trying something different this week and I think it is bringing my energy level back up...I was in a cereal slump:eek: It happened very gradually so I did not realize I was starting to have a problem. But I love cereal and I always keep lots of "good for you" cereals in the house. I know they are technically not really that good for you since they all have to be processed. Well anyway...to make a long story short. In the mornings before my cardio ...I would eat a cup full of berries and cereal. In the mornings before my weights I would eat a bigger portion...justifying that by thinking I was just having a shake afterwards...Then I started adding a little cereal to my shake justifying that by the added fiber...Well I think you can see where this is going...Cereal was starting to creep into every meal...Not a good thing. When I used to just eat cereal on Sundays...Calling it Cereal Sunday...now I was eating it everyday in some way! Finally it dawned on me that this might be why I am so sluggish after my work out when I used to be blazing...I am hoding out for the results and not jumping to any conclusions but so far I am already feeling tons better and it has just been two workouts...

I have already talked too long...Gotta Git!

Have a Great Day!
Rachel

Good Morning Peeps! :p

Okie dokie, today wrapped up week 3 for me!!! Yippeee!!! So next week after I finish week 4, I'm only going to take 4 recovery days so I can get back on my Sunday - Friday schedule for Meso 3 and then I'll be lined up with the rest of you!

Rachel, you're probably right about the cereal but it'll be interesting to find out! I looked back and for Meso 3 I did both leg workouts substituting Plyo for one of the cardio days. I need to look at this current rotation though to see what Cathe has lined up for us before I decide. Meso 2 is my favorite of the 3 Meso's so I'm actually going to be sad to say goodbye to it! BooHoo! But can you believe how fast this rotation has gone??? WOW!

Off to the shower! Hello Kim and Cendrine! Hope everyone's day is supercalifragilisticexpialidocious!!!!

Yesterday we went to an open house at the school where the kids may go next year. DS wasn't very impressed by it, we ended up there for a long time and then ds and I were talking about different options afterwards so never got my workout in. Today is MMA Boxing and I'm finally doing the workout that is on my workout manager.

Jo Are you caught up on your sleep? I'm excited to watch TBL tonight! I always find a kickboxing workout feels great with legs DOMS, it really helps to stretch things out.

Rachael Let us know what happens with your cereal experiment? There was a article in today's paper about barefoot running and mentioned the Vibram's.

Cendrine When ds was in boy scouts, he was a beaver at that age. Maybe beavers are the Canadian version. They had beaver tails on the back of their hats. :DThen he discovered hockey:rolleyes: Hockey is a 3-4 days per week between practices and games so the only other extracurricular activity he does is some swimming lessons because his mom makes him.:rolleyes:

We are having an early spring here, it was up to zero today and the prediction is for positive temperatures by the end of the week. I can't talk dd into going to ds's hockey game which is a very long drive away and we're been out a lot the last few days. So I will stay home and do MMA Boxing then watch TBL. DS and DH will give me a play by play when they get home. DS's team is playing the top ranked team tonight and it's playoffs so he is pretty nervous.

Good afternoon!

I love it when I come to the forum and we are number one at the top!

I am thinking that I am definitely on to something with the cereal thing! I will know probably in about 2 weeks if my energy levels stay this high. I sometimes get false readings when ever I change something up. You know , just the excitement of the change. But so far, I am feeling really good and I even feel like my skin is looking brighter...that could be the new clinique exfoliator though:rolleyes:haha

Anyhow, it was a great day at work and the work out was great this morning and right now ...All is right with the world!:D

Oh yeah...Did yall get a coupon thingy in the mail for Cathe? I got one with several different offers on it and was wondering if everyone did...

Jo-Buck up...There will be other STS rotations!:D Did you take a look at the March Rotation? It looks pretty interesting!

Kim-Well at least you get to have some mother /daughter time tonight, then.
It cracks me up that because it is warming up to 0...that that is constituting and early spring for you guys! :eek: That is just crazy talk is what that is!

Cendrine-I am sure you probably had a busy day with lessons and lunches and dinners...But I hope it was a good one!

I am off to scrounge up some dinner!
TTYT

Rachel

Hi Guys,

I wasn't busy doing school and lunches and dinner, I was busy with other homeschooling friends catching some Disneyland rides....:eek:;) That's why you haven't seen me on the forums all day! LOL!

It's good to be home though and I am going to go to bed early. Some days I can do Disneyland all day and have energy left at the end and other days I'm thinking, can we go home yet? Well, we had a good time but I'm definitely tired.

Rachel, your shoes intrigue me, I might have to look into them some time. Your cereal experiment is an interesting one, I wonder what the outcome will be? I don't really eat much cereal other than my homemade granola, you think that might have a sluggying effect as well?

I made a yummy garbanzo bean curry and am going to try another curry with sweet potatoes this week. It has been a bit chilly and currys are perfect for this kind of temperature, of course in Kim's coordinates it would be considered late spring right now....LOL!

Kim, what other options school wise does ds have? Does dd like the school or will she be going to a different one? Beaver tails on the hats is cute! We don't have tiger tails on ours... must be a canadian thing. At least you guys have beavers out in nature, but I guess coyote would not have been very endearing for local picks in terms of names here....:rolleyes:

Jo, I remember really liking meso 2 a lot as well. You mentioned a long time ago of thinking that 'slow and heavy' might be a good sub for meso 3 possibly. Have you thought about that again? I think that might do it for me when I'm ready, because I just can't go as heavy with dumbells, and if I don't want to do plyo I just might do slow and heavy instead.

Well, I better sign off if I'm going to go to bed early.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.