STS 6 Month Alumni ***Week of October 16t**

cab0899

Cathlete
Just to start off our week. Got IMAX 2 done yesterday and today is supposed to be MM. Planning to do it this evening but not feeling very energetic so we'll see.

Ended up having a busy house yesterday. Lots of people that ended up stopping by and stuff. Fun but not too productive. DD went for a sleepover at a friend's cottage got home at 11:30 and went straight to her cousin's birthday party.

DS started curling yesterday, and curled for 5 hours yesterday. He's complaining of a tired throwing arm:cool:

Rachael so how did DH like yoga??? When will you be starting work again?

Cendrine How did the birthday party go? My sister had 16 kids at an indoor playground for my nephew's party:confused::confused: He is turning 5 yrs old. I just left dd there and did some shopping, it was crazy loud in there!

Kim, I had some fun company yesterday too so it was not too productive around here either. My brother came over and brought my niece and nephew and my nieces friend. It was fun to have a couple of teenagers in the house.Of course my niece was over here target shooting. She thinks she wants to hunt:rolleyes:. This is a pretty girly girl...yall saw her picture. So we will see how that turns out.
DH actually enjoyed yoga. I took him to my favorite teachers class so I kinda knew he "might." LOL Nothing is certain with guys and what they might be ready to like yet. :p
Work should be anytime now. We got the call on a job about a month ago and so we just are kind of on stand by. I think although I am ready to go back to work I can honestly say this is the first time I will be a little remorseful. I will miss my yoga schedule.;) But there are plenty of classes still that I will be able to make it to.

Better go in there and see if I can get to LBB.
TTYL

Hi Guys,

well, the party is over and done with, the kids are recovering from sleep deprivation and I'm glad parties are done for another year...LOL!

Acutally the party went very smoothly, the kids slept inside in our tent ;)
Dh made blow gun kits out of pvc piping and camouflage spray painted them for the kids to assemble and then go for a battle on the play ground with it.

We had top your own pizza for dinner, and cake of course, which everyone seemed to like, then movie and popcorn after ds did a magic show for his friends of all the tricks he had learned so far and opening presents.

So a good party. Dh was going to show the kids (8 and 9 yr olds) the green hornet, a pg13 movie....:rolleyes: I'm glad I was there, I don't think he would have realized it was too violent for the kids, to say nothing about the language... so he showed them Rio instead... LOL!

Workout this morning was the lower intensity circuit from 4ds again.

Well I completely overslept this morning and felt rushed to get out of the house and then when I was speeding up my driveway, I looked at the clock and realized I was leaving at the same time I always do. :rolleyes: It is amazing how once you get in hurry mode, It is hard to get out of it.
In saying all that though, I missed my cardio this morning but the Tuesday yoga class gets you heart going so am not too worried about it. I would catch up this afternoon but am having company for dinner so am about to get started prepping for that.

Cendrine-I had to laugh at the movie pick for the kids. Poor DH. LOL Sounds the kids had a great time though. What did DD do during the party?

Have a great day. We are having some very fall like temps here. Almost cold...Don't laugh Kim!;)

Yeah, Rachel, the movie thing was pretty funny :)
Dd didn't go on the blow gun fight outside with the kids, but she was part of everything else, loved topping her pizza, munched on popcorn and watched the movie as well (although she slept in her own bed afterwards.... ;)

What are you cooking tonight? I was supposed to have company tonight but not any more, I was going to make a mushroom tuna risotto, so I figured I might as well still do it... We all love risotto around here.

Hi Kim!

So weird Cendrine...I made a mushroom pea risotto. It was wonderful. Also I did a pan roasted chicken breast with lemon herb sauce out of an America's Test Kitchen Light and Healthy cookbook. It was really good. My friend said it was the best chicken he had had in a while but seeing as how he eats out every meal...I am not sure if he is the best judge. LOL But it was really good.;)

I did the Circuit Blast this morning. I kind of wrote that workout off, I think, but I really enjoyed it this morning. It is a good mix of cardio and strength.
Did yall see that they have started the shipping process on the new dvd's. I am so ready for these. They really do look like a lot of fun.
I feel so fortunate to have been able to get all of Cathe's sets for several years now. I have such a library that I think I could never get bored with them.
She seems to reinvent,even if it is just a little bit, every time. So fun.

Not too much going on today. Still waiting to hear about work:rolleyes:

Oh I forgot to ask...Cendrine, what kind of pan do you make risotto in? I am new to making it and was wondering about any tricks??

Risotto is the thing to do, lol!
Im really getting excited about the dvds too! In fact I went and watched all the previews a couple of days ago... ;)

Dh is having all our downstairs windows exchanged for more green ones... I am out at the science museum with the kids to avoid the mess... the kids are loving it! I think its so noisy... I'll be glad when I can leave...lol.

Workout was low max again.

Sorry I've been MIA for a few days! It's been a crazy few days. Late night with friends Sat. which mixed up my sleep cycle and I couldn't sleep Sunday night! Monday night we had hockey tickets (our first NHL win!!!). So that was another late night!
Last night I went out with my friends from university to celebrate one of my classmates, just finished her Phd! (Can you imagine!!) We graduated 19 years ago with our Bachelor's degree and she has been going to school ever since!
So another late night!

I haven't worked out since Saturday! I'm super tired though and going to relax tonight. I don't mind taking some extra rest days so that I'll be charged up for the new workouts!

Cendrine Glad the party went well! Sounds like a fun party! LOL on the movie. We rented a movie to watch as a family last weekend, turned it off after 15 minutes, what a waste of money! It's hard to find movies to watch with the kids once they are past the stage of watching Disney movies. I don't know why all movies have to be so dirty!

So what are fall temps Rachael? There was some light snow outside the city today. It's going to minus 5 tonight.

Rachel, I forgot to tell you, I'm not a risotto expert, I just cook it in whatever pan is going to be big enough for the amount I'm making... ;)

The windows are done, I spent about two hrs vacuuming and cleaning up all the grit and dust nd putting things back in place... there is a reason we have not bothered painting or putting new carpet in... what a pain!:rolleyes:

I had to laugh, Kim, about clarifying fall temps... lol, we don't get your fall temps in our coldest winters... lol, I'm such a cold temp whimp...:rolleyes:

Nothing much happening today...

Sorry no check in for me yesterday. I was a ball of knots all day. My cat has not been herself for a couple of days and then on Wed. she just quit eating and slept all day and night. SO we had to take her to the vet yesterday and she had some elevated kidney levels so they kept her and pumped her full of iv antibiotics. We got to pick her up last night but she is still being weird but I am not sure if it is because they left the catheter in her arm just in case they needed to re-treat her today. Apparently she was great up until the point of the catheter and then she had had enough!:confused: The whole time during the exam while we were there she just let them take blood temperature and urine...no problem.:rolleyes: So maybe she is just ticked about the catheter. I hope. I find myself checking the litter box every hour hoping to find something.:rolleyes: LOL This is a far cry from my usual litter box checking wishes, if you know what I mean. Anyhow, keep your fingers crossed for Mabel.

This morning I did MM, all except for the abs. I ran out of time and now I look and see I had plenty of time. I guess my niche for being annoyingly early to everything translates over to being ready annoyingly early getting ready for everything too. :rolleyes:

Kim-Please don't laugh...It was about 60 for a high. But in my defense, it was in the 30's for the lows! LOL I think it is the rapid change from upper 80's and low 50's that makes it a shock to my system. Next week we are back to those temps for a little bit. :rolleyes:

Cendrine-I think that is the exact reason I keep putting off the kitchen remodel. I am going to have a hard time with the mess and the upheaval of all my habits and stuff.

Off to yoga for some much needed stress relief.
TTYL

Poor kitty! I hope she's better now!

I just got a shipping notification from ups... I think my workouts are :Don tne way!!!!

So exciting to hear that the new workouts are shipping! I'm really interested in trying some of these new workouts. I'm looking forward to the rotation.

Poor kitty! Hope she's doing better!

Cendrine, how do you like the new windows??

So glad it's the weekend, I'm super tired from a busy week. Just sitting on the couch watching The Biggest Loser on PVR. Also had a few treats:rolleyes: I've lost about 15 lbs but didn't work out much this week. We don't have much planned for the weekend so I will get some exercise in for sure!

Did you see the video that Cathe posted on facebook about the shipping process. Kind of neat to see behind the scenes!
I bet you will both see your new dvds this week! It always takes longer to get across the border.

Got STS Total Body done today.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.