STS 6 Month Alumni ***January 2012***

cab0899

Cathlete
Waving hi from Disneyworld. Moved from the UNiversal hotel to the Disney hotel today. It is cold here! Freezing warning in effect for Orlando tonight and of course the Canadian children are swimming:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: I do wish it was a little warmer, gets quite chilly after being outside for a few hours.

Today was kind of hectic, we rented 2 vans to move our group of 13. Always some issues we rental cars, hotel check ins etc. We will to the outlet mall for a couple of hours and I was able to buy some new clothes so that was a nice change from the amusement parks.

Anyone in for Cathe's 3 month LIS/STS rotation?? It looks great! Will plan to start when I get back. HOpe everyone is doing well.

I'm glad you are having a good time, Kim! I was thinking of you today when we were at Disneyland, remembering how much bigger disneyworld is!

We haven't been in about 18 months and so there were a few new rides for us to try out. Unfortunately the fast pass places weren't very accomodating today, so we didn't get on a lot of the long wait rides, but it was a fun first visit after being away so long.

I didn't see the sts rotation, sounds good, but am not sure if I'm going to do it. Kind of thinking of shelving it for later.

Rachel, what are you up to?

I am so sorry I totally let the time get away from me and I just realized today how long it has been since I checked in!
My friend is starting a new endeavor and I went to a workshop to support her yesterday. It is called YogaCan and it is a donation based organization for Cancer warriors. Her loving yoga students sent her to California to a work shop given by a cancer survivor who now teaches yoga to other cancer survivors and their care givers. It was pretty powerful to see a woman's reaction yesterday who is 16 years out from breast cancer. It was interesting to see how affected she was.

Kim-I can only imagine what traveling with 13 is like.:eek: I bet there can be a little chaos but how fun those memories are going to be too.
I have not even thought about a rotation to be honest with you. I think we are going to go back to work soon and I will just have to see what I am going to do. I did see that it was posted though and it did peak my curiosity! I love the LIS series and STS so I think I would love that but if we go out of town any it would get disrupted.

Cendrine-What have you decided to do for the new year as far as workouts go? Have you made any plans?

DH is shooting a short film tomorrow. I am supposed to be a zombie.:rolleyes: I am so far from wanting to be in any sort of camera thing but I felt sorry for him. LOL I will post pics if I get some.

Have a great Sunday afternoon and an even better Monday!

Rachel, I have been sidetracked too, so no worries at all!
I had a rotation all lined up but now I can't get myself to do it...:eek:
the only thing I've been doing instead is watching Netflix on my Droid while doing the treadmill or bike trainer....:eek:
I'm hoping to snap out of it soon. In addition, something I did aggravated my back and I'm trying to get that under control.

Yesterday they brought snow to our neighborhood, a realtor sponsored event, where the kids can slide down snow slides all day, so of course we went and had lots of fun.
This week should be the first week of 5 days of school, hopefully we'll all get into the swing of things!

How did the zombie thing work out? Not something i would volunteer for usually, either.... lol

Kim, hopefully you guys are having va wonderful time!

Is it Wednesday already?!!:rolleyes: It seems with the new year there comes a new economy. At least in our neck of the woods anyway. We have got companies calling us left and right and scheduling is getting tricky, mostly because you can not necessarily count on a job to be ready to start when someone tells you it is. That is why I like to work for one company and let them hash out the schedule. We have a few little jobs going on at the same time. With a little to do at each of them at a time so it is sort of here and there.

We did the zombie thing on Monday. It was not as bad as I thought. I was not the only one that was nervous so that made me relax more if that makes sense.
Now DH has to do alot of editing. That will take a while but he likes doing that sort of thing.

Cendrine-I hope your back is getting better. I am having a lot of luck so far with mine but we will see the busier we get at work.
I hope your first full week of school is going ok.;) It sometimes makes the week seem like it is more like 2.:rolleyes:

I am off to get a few things done around here. Have a great day!

Back home! Got home really late last night so letting the kiddos sleep in a bit and go late to school. Overall a good vacation although I had one little fight with one sister but that's not surprising. It's hard to travel with a group of 13 and keep everone happy especially of different ages (from age 5-68). Some really hot weather and some cool weather but only a couple hours of rain the last day.

I have today off to do laundry, groceries, etc. My plan is to do start the 3 month rotation today with STS disc 16 but we'll see how the day goes with getting the house organzied.

I think I will really need to detox from all the restuarant eating these last 2 weeks! My plan is to ge really clean for the next while.

That's good news that there is lots of work coming in for you Rachael. So what was the Zombie filming for???

Cendrine, I remember the snow event from last year, it must be a annual event?? We had lots of snow when we were gone, I guess there will be shovelling here today. What rotation do you have in mind??

Good to have you back, Kim! Sounds like you are hitting the ground running...lol
I'm going to do super clean right along with you, but I think as far as rotations go I'm sticking with the treadmill and bike trainer for cardio(watching movies) :eek: and some total body workouts for weights, i did high reps this week and got good and sore...;)

Yep the snow is an annual event. It's sponsored by a Realtor so I was worried he might stop with sales down and all, but luckily he's keeping it going!

Rachel, I'm glad you got lots of jobs lining up but I hope it's not too hard of a hit on you after having time off.

My bloodwork came back and get this, I'm in California and am low on vital D!:eek: gotta go outside more! Lol!

LOL Cendrine!!! Yes you are in the land of sun with a neighborhood of fake snow and you have low Vit.D ( I wrote VD but that sounded wrong in my head.:p) Yes you might need to go out a bit more.;) I probably have Low Vit. D too right now. I feel like I have not been outside in forever.

It is blustery and cold today. We had to go to the dentist today for our checkups and so we have the day off and it is nice to be in out of the wind.Our puppies came running with their heads down when we got home for us to let them in. They just hate the wind. I think they are still shell shocked from years ago when we had a couple of trees fall near and on the house. We were not here so I have no way of knowing how they were affected.

This morning I did Athletic Training. It has been a week since I did any Cathe:eek: I think once we go back to work and I am limited to what days I can go to yoga, I will be doing more. I used to workout and then go to a 9am yoga class but I like the classes that are offered at 5:45am better so then it seems true to form that after I get home that I don't do a workout. The morning workouts are ingrained in me!!!

Kim-So glad you just had little hiccups and no major snafus. I love it when travel goes smooth. I am kind of a nervous traveler since we do not do it too much but am hoping to change that this year. I guess I am sort of a chicken and am worried about everything going well and sometimes I think I talk myself right out of going anywhere! Not this year!!! I am thinking we are going to try and go to Oregon early summer. Hopefully we will be able to take our friend who has been several times so he can help us not to miss nothing!

Well it is still early so maybe I can try and get something done around here!
Have a great day!!!

Sorry I haven't been around much. That trip just exhausted me! I need a vacation from my vacation!!! Yesterday I did 8 loads laundry, drove kids around, did the grocery shopping, returned phone calls, unpacked, then did STS disc #16. Today was a full day of work then Trisets Lower Body.
I just feel exhausted. Good thing we don't have much on the agenda for this weekend.

Cendrine, LOL on the Vitamin D! Do you need to take a supplement??

How exciting about the Oregon trip Rachael! I love planning trips. I think I like the planning better than the actual vacation:cool:. I'm always so amazed at your energy to do early morning workouts!

Take it easy this weekend, Kim! I always feel like needing a vacation from the vacation! Lol
I am taking a vital d supplement. I actually have vital d in my calcium pill that I take daily, but it must evidently not be enough or not absorb. So I ordered a liquid version on vitacost, the same brand that does my multi. It tastes good....lol

Our girlscout troop is finally officially up and running with a troop number, troop checking account and completed background checks! DDR and her troop went to a Daisy playmate sponsored by the Brownie troops in our area yesterday. Was so cute!

Rachel, I hope you are getting some good rest this weekend, so you'll be all ready for all those jobs that are lining up.

I'm in a weird phase workout wise... working out at night :eek: haven't done that in years, I did sts total body last night.

Any reason you are working out at night Cendrine? Are you finding it too busy during the days to fit in workouts?

I woke up with a head cold that sure came on fast. Maybe that's part of the reason I was so tired yesterday. I made some chicken vegetable soup in the crock pot this morning, did Cardio Supersets this afternoon but besides that I'm taking it easy.

I actually put a turkey in the oven for supper. Got couple of extra ones when they were on sale at Christmas. Just will do a salad with it I think but then will have lots of leftover meat for during the week.

I bet your dd is excited about the girl scouts! Are you a leader?? I had a funny phone call on Thursday. Someone phoned to schedule a time for DH's orientation to be a boy scout leader. DH was a leader when ds was in kindergarten and grade one (he's in grade 9 now!). The poor guy was working off an old list and was so embarrassed.

DH and I did STS #18 this morning (back/biceps). I forgot what killer workouts the STS workouts are!! I still have a head cold so besides working out and doing some housework, I'm taking it easy. Not looking forward to doing a full week of week and kids' activities!!

How is everyone spending their weekend??

I'm gearing up to hit the treadmill right now, but I've got veggies roasting in the oven and I want to take them out before starting,I'm trying to recreate this yummy veggie wrap I had at the restaurant, have the curry sauce ready to go, veggies smelling great too. I think it will be yummy.
We had a picnic at the park with friends and now we are just being lazy.
Kim, I don't really know what got me to switch to evening workouts except maybe it's because I'm always feeling so stiff in the mornings lately....:eek: I'm getting old, I think .
:rolleyes:

Sorry you have a cold! Are you all set to eat clean this week? I signed up for a produce box from the local organic farm and just got my first delivery, so I got lots of clean things to work with.

Waving at you, Rachel!

I hope you get better Kim. It is so hard to workout when you are sick! I have not had a cold yet this season so I know I am due.

Well it is official. We are going to Mexico! The tickets are bought and paid for so now just needing to pick up a few things. I was thinking the other day that it has been since Aug. 2005 since we have done any real traveling! :eek: So we are definitely past due.DH is over the moon excited. I think he could be more excited than I am and we are going to see my friend and teacher. LOL!!!!:cool: I think he is ready to really get some good photographs of something out of our ordinary day life.

We are just plugging away at our little jobs. I went this morning and forgot that the bank would be closed for MLK day. This is not optimal for me since that is where I have been going to the restroom. They are renovating the floor above them and we use the restrooms in the bank. As you can imagine it would be a pain in the rear to have to drive somewhere to use the restroom all day so I came home and made granola instead.:cool:

No workout for me today because we were at a friends late last night (unusual for me) and so I barely could peel myself out of bed this morning. Just from lack of sleep...of course.

Cendrine-I have never tried curry. I guess I am going to have to get on that. You know texas is not famous for their indian cuisine. lol:p
So how did it turn out? I love roasted anything!!!

Have a wonderful day!!!

How fun, Rachel! When are you leaving?
I had to laugh about your bathroom situation...lol, as good a reason as any to go home and make granola....

The roasted veggie wrap turned out really well, DDR thought it was a bit spice, but everyone ate it. I made a raw curry sauce from a raw cookbook, made with coconut water, raw macadamias, garlic, onion, curry powder, a date for a slight sweet touch and some cilantro, just blend the whole thing up, very easy.

I don't know what I will do for workout yet today, will have to see how much time I've got after Dr application and getting the kids all done with school. I'm thinking I'm due for some weights...

What fun Rachael!! I would love to hear details, where are you going, what hotel, how many nights?? I love planning trips.

Took dd to piano lessons and then did LIC tonight.

LOL KIM!!! You do love planning trips don't you! I wish I had that talent. We don't have to have to book a hotel because we are staying at me teachers house. And beyond that I have made no plans. LOL:eek: Now I feel like a slacker.
Cendrine, we are leaving on 2-6. That is not that far away. I need to get a new swimsuit since I have not bought one in literally years! I am not that much of a swimmer but it would be nice to have a new one for the beach. I think my other one could possibly be at least 4 yrs old and purchased at TJMaxx. LOL So I will probably do some shopping this weekend.

Kim we are going to San Jose Del Cabo. If you see anything I can't miss when I go let me know.;)

Off to get a work out in and then to work.
Have a wonderful day my workout friends!

I like going places where I know someone, somehow it makes it more enjoyable for me. How long have you known this friend, Rachel? Did you say where in Mexico she is? I'm sure you'll have a great time!

I feel like I'm a flake lately on the posts... sorry about that, I think I'm going through a funny season of just doing everything different....

I did do Muscle endurance on tues and then walked on the treadmill yesterday and am planning on the same tonight.

I have ordered the next school year's curriculum and am therefore up to my nose in books and loving it. It's dh's season to be the book-widower, as he calls himself... lol!

That's neat that you are actually staying with your friend! It will be great to have someone that lives there be able to show you around.

LOL on the book widower Cendrine! I think being that interested in learning and your kids' education is great! How's your back doing?

I started week 2 of the 3 month rotation with sts disc #4, I forgot how chaotic mesocycle 1 is with all the quick equipment changes. My workout cards are really out of date so I never seem to pick the right weight. DH has been working with me lots this winter which is nice.

Just a little post to get us back on page one:D

Still following the 3 month rotation with Turbo Barre express workout last night and afterburn today.

This morning DH and I slept into 10:15!!!! I don't remember the last time I did this, I'm usually up early naturally, I guess we needed the sleep. I have to admit I'm feeling great today!

Thinking about doing some cross country skiing tomorrow. Taking ds to his hockey game tonight.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.