STS 6 month Alumni~~ Week of Sept 25th

cab0899

Cathlete
The last week of September already!! We're having a beautiful warm weekend hopefully it will last all week so the landscaping can get finished!

Sounds like everyone is having a healthy fun weekend. Yoga retreats and new healthy recipes! How did everything go?

Rachael I looked at the amazing pics of the hummingbirds so neat! So are they around your area just part of the year since they migrate?? I was also noticing how much your niece looks like you!

Cendrine I have heard Dolphin's Tale being advertised, did you get in to see it?

Busy day for me yesterday with hair appointments, errands, workout and a concert in the evening. I'm working full time (no Fridays off) till at least the end of December and I"m noticing that it sure makes my weekends much busier although DH has been great and doing the grocery shopping for me.:D

DH brought home tickets (free as the tickets were the company owned tickets in the luxury box they have at the arena) for Bachman-TUrner (BTO). He oftens comes home with these tickets for concerts I really not that keen on going to:rolleyes: he's much more into music than I am. He often just goes with friends instead but I went last night because he was bugging me that I never go:rolleyes:. This band are local boys although they don't live here now. They are sang some of the Guess Who songs like American Girl. It was a okay concert but late.

I'm so excited that I have lost 10 lbs since I've been eating super healthy since Labour Day weekend!!!! I've only had one unhealthy meal, on Friday we went out for pizza and I also had a glass of red wine. It was a super busy/stressday at work and I really didn't feel like cooking when I got home. Quite enjoyed it and now I'm back to healthy eating. I think I've really detoxed and got rid of many of my cravings for chips/sweets/nighttime snacking.

Today is the last workout of CTX, did power circuits yesterday and today is Step/Intervals. I do like the CTX series. DH is excited that S&H is on the schedule of this upcoming week, I might have to adjust the days a bit as he wants to do those 3 workouts with me and he has a busy week. S & H will be nice to do with someone else because it can be a bit boring with so many breaks in it. I will do the 4th week of the rotation just with some switching around.

Nothing on the schedule for me today, DH will take ds to hockey practice, and dd and I will stay home. Got to get organzied for the week, do the housework, laundry etc. So nice to have an unstructured day!!

Yes Kim I can not believe it is the last week of September either!
I think you and I are on the same page today. I got the house clean and now am working on the laundry. I feel so accomplished today.

I was worn out last night when I got home from the yoga workshop. It was impressive how much this guy knew about the theory and technique and how much he could fit into a day. Really though, I think he saw the need that a lot of us had for just some of the basics so he really broke those first basics postures down, the ones in the sun salutation, and put us through the ringer for the first 2 hrs. I really got some much needed one on one time. Being in a regular yoga class is kind of like being in any other classroom..the teacher can not spend all the time with just you so it takes a lot longer than if you had a private tutor. It was a lot of fun and am hoping they do more of these sort of workshops.

I am going to do the last week of the rotation too but probably will change up a few things. I think I am needing more cardio than I am strength but I want to finish out the rotation similar to how it is written.

Kim-Your weight loss is amazing and a motivator in itself. I believe you are right about the cravings...When you ween yourself off that a bit you really do want it less.
I am with you on the concerts, I just am not that into big crowds though. I know that is not you since you love the sporting events.;)

Cendrine-Waiting to see how all the new recipes turned out! I still have not even got a new blender yet. I want to wait until I can afford to get the one I want and not feel guilty about the high cost.:p
Hope all the recipes for the dehydrator turned out yummy.
I love a kitchen day!

Off to eat some lunch. Have a great Sunday!
Rachel

Kim, congratulations on your weightloss, how awesome, inspiring and motivating!
I'm not a concert person either, and in general am not a crowd person... but I did enjoy the dance recitals at the theater...

Rachel, I'm sure I would have enjoyed the workshop, one on one is so fun and so much more beneficial!

The dehydrator is still going, I've already taken out the buckwheat crisps (you sprout the buckwheat overnight) for nutritional max and then. Lend it with tomatoes, salt and chile powder, then sprean like mini tortillas and dry, those need to be topped or dipped with something but are good to have made ahead of time, they store like chips. Then I made a sprouted buckwheat granola, you mix it with diced apples, pistachios and cinnamon and agave and dry till crispy. This, too was a success. Then I made a walnut cinnamon cookie, that has walnuts allspice, apples ans dates and agave, then dried, it's still more moist than we like, but the flavor is wonderful. Lastly I saw a recipe for raw vegan parmesan... I had to try it just out of curiosity.... its with macadamias, tomatoes, nutritional yeast, lemon juice and salt, blend the whole thing up, dehydrate and crumble.... the flavor is more decent than I expected...lol but it's still too moist, so still drying....:rolleyes: not sure what I'm going to use it for....;)

Ok, enough kitchen talk... I'm hankering step moves or athletic step tomorrow....

You guys are going to laugh, but I feel like I finally successfully entered the 21st century: I purchased and transferred downloads from the web to my mp3 and ripped a cd onto my mp3 without help, all by myself....:eek::cool::D

My next project will be to figure out how to take my pics from my phone and put them on my computer.... one thing at a time... ;)

Kim-First of all thanks so much for the compliment...I think my niece is just so pretty and for you to say she looks like me is something I never saw but appreciate so much:eek:
On the hummingbirds, we have them all summer. The probably get here early spring and stay all summer. I think right now we might actually be getting some more migratory birds from up north than the ones we always have. We get some really colorful ones.

Cendrine- Of course I laughed at your references to your lack of technical knowledge. You were still talking over my head. I just learned how to copy and paste on face book:eek:...So I for one am impressed with your skills... I do not know what that says about me, but there it is. LOL

Tomorrow my favorite teacher is back in the studio so I could not be more excited about that. I skipped todays workout on the schedule so it looks like I will be a day behind but I am alright with that. So that makes tomorrow S&H legs and shoulders. Now I am accountable...

Speaking of accountable...its dinner time. Grilled tilapia and shrimp. TTYT

Have a great day!
Rachel

Rachel, you are making me feel so smart! I feel like everyone here is rolling their eyes thinking what's the big deal...:eek: but I feel accomplished....:rolleyes:

I did step moves and loved it! Have fun at class tomorrow!

Kim, I hope you guys will figure out a good time to do slow and heavy together!

Oh cendrine, another non-techie here. That's what teenage sons are for!
:eek::eek: I'm the person without a cell phone so you have impressed me!!

Quick post for me as it has been a long day, at the hospital by 6:45 for education rounds. Then errands after work, make supper, take dd to piano lessons, and finally S&H legs/Shoulders from 8-9pm. It's good thing that DH got me to workout with him as I was very tempted to skip it after the long day.

The landscaping is coming along nicely! I will plan to take pictures at the end of the week.

LOL Cendrine, then you are having the opposite effect on me. I guess I need to add that to my lists of things to learn.
Kim, I have a cell phone but no data plan. I think that would just be too much for my little brain to handle. The Kindle is high tech for me. LOL;)

My cat is just needing some TLC today. SHe is up on the computer desk and purring AT my face. Poor things has been having some issues the last couple of days. I told my friend who has a friend, who has a few cats and she said for hairballs she always has given each cat just a tiny bit of butter on her finger. So I tried that and was shocked when she started licking my finger. I have to forcefully put the regular hairball stuff on her and watch as she walks around trying to shake it off her paw. Of course the vet said "Oh they love it!":rolleyes:
Yea right...not my cat!

This morning I did S&H legs and shoulders. I think I learned something else this weekend. The instructor told me that I put so much emphasis on alignment that it makes me stiff and tense. I have noticed this with yoga but even more so with lifting weights...When I am done my whole body is stiff and tense and seems to stay that way. So I am doing a little experiment. I am lightening my weights a bit and trying to relax the parts of my body that are not in use...Normally my whole body is a huge knot so we are going to see how this goes. I already feel better but am not sure if that is because the weights were light. LOL:D

I hope yall have a great day today!
My teacher is back so off to yoga!
Rachel

Kim, I'm so impressed with everything you fit into your day yesterday! Amazing and way to go!

Rachel, we have a cat food that has hairball remedy in it and our cat seems to do well on it. I never heard the butter thing, how interesting!
I'm like you, I think I tense up too in the attempt to have perfect form... I think lighter weights is a great idea!

Off to do abs...

That's great that you can incorporate your yoga knowledge into your regular workouts!

I did IMAX 2 today, I felt really great! I was thinking while I was working out about how much energy I've had lately then I realized it probably has to do with the healthy eating and being 10 lbs lighter! It's funnier how I didn't connect the two things for awhile.

I watched the video clips of After Burn and the slide&Glide(?) one. They both look good.

Kim, how awesome that you are noticing changes in energy as well as on the scales! I love that! I wish all people knew how much better one can feel when eating healthy! It makes the extra time for planning and preparing worth it, doesn't it? I was wondering the other day, if I would notice a difference if I ate 100% raw... not that I can ever pull that off, especially in the winter months... LOL but I did wonder if I'd notice a difference....;)

I did high reps today. I think I've only done that once before because it felt like new... ;) I enjoyed it, and I chose it because I did not feel like doing cardio... lol

Hi Rachel!

Short posts from me this week, I'm working overtime most days at work so between getting home late and then working out, there's nothing much else happening. There are usually 4 therapists that treat post surgical upper extremity injuries, well one is off to look after her sick mom, one is off with pneumonia, and one is off for the Jewish holidays so that leaves me! It's been crazy! The hospital did arrange for a couple of staff from other areas of the hospital to help out but since it's not the area they usually work in, I had to organize/help them out and see the patients. What an insane week so glad it's Friday tomorrow. Two of my coworkers should be back next week.

The landscaping should be done tomorrow so I'll post pictures on the weekend.:D:D

Last night was meet the teacher night at ds's high school so I went and meet all his teachers. He seems to be doing well. The teachers always love him, as he is always a keen participant and active learner. I think he is often the teacher's pet:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Tonight DH talked me into Slow & Heavy Chest/Back so I'm moving along with the Sept rotation but I did take a rest day yesterday.

Cendrine I like the HR workouts also! What is happening with the T-Tapp workout?

Hi Rachael!

Boy, Kim, you sure deserve your weekend! I hope things are easy for you next week! Way to go on still working out!

I'm sore from doing HR... ;) of course I knew I would be, especially the plate moves, they always get me...
This week has been a headache week for me and I sure hope it stops soon. I wonder if it's the weather...

Kim, as far as T-tapp goes, I'm not motivated to do it as often as she says you should... I'm only able to do portions of the dvd and it's a pain to fast forward to the sections that I can do, it's not chaptered like Cathe's workouts, I'm spoiled...:rolleyes:
But I did get another workout that is cardio oriented with her signature toning moves included. I'm thinking that because it's primarily walking, that it won't have many of the moves that my back doesn't do well with at this point. So I'm actually planning on doing her walking workout tomorrow and see how much toning benefit I can get from it.

I use her form pointers for regular weight lifting in Cathe's workouts as much as I can for extra muscle activation.

Rachel, what are you up to today?

Good Friday Morning!!!

I added a new pic to my album of a pose we learned in yoga yesterday and I was so amazed that I got it that I came home and made DH take a picture of it so I could show yall.:D:eek: I am just so amazed by myself. I think if I had not been doing Cathe all these years, I would not have the strength for some of this stuff. I have not ever been coordinated so the strength kicks in where the coordination lacks. :p But yoga is helping with the focus and the relaxation(believe that!) that it takes to fully be aware. That has been my realization with cardio and weights too. I think all this time in my efforts to get stronger, I have hindered myself by trying to go up in weight before I was ready and doing so it has taken the work away from the muscles its supposed to be working. Does that make sense?
OK I know I am becoming a broken record. Sorry about that but I just am surprised everyday by what I am just now starting to learn about myself!

Kim-I can not wait to see those pictures! It looks like I might be leaning toward some dessert plants because I heard on the news this morning that we might be in this drought pattern for 5 to 10 YEARS. :confused: I was expecting the weather guy to say months so I was really shocked be that!
It is wonderful that your ds gets along at school so well. Teachers pets grow up to make great people!;)
Hope you get some much needed down time this weekend! It sounds like you are swamped. At least you got the extra energy from that healthy eating.

Cendrine-Did I miss the update on the dehydrator kitchen day update? I like the HR workout too. I haven't done a full body workout in a while so that might be coming up on my list.

Better be off. Have a great day!

What a cool pose, Rachel! Are you resting the bent knee on your elbow or is it off, I couldn't quite tell... looks hard and your arm muscles are beautifully developed as I can see from the picture! Keep up the good work!

Dehydrator update... let's see, the cookies are good, but ds doesn't like them that much, dh does though, they taste like a larabar, if you've ever had one of those.
haven't used the parmesan for anything yet. I topped the buckwheat crisps with a raw veggie concoction tossed in a raw pepper tomato sauce and some avocado spread. I liked it and everyone else did too, but dh does not care for the sprouted buckwheat crisp even though it is cruchy. That's ok, I'll eat them... lol
the granola is fun! This weekend im making squash ravioli, using the thin slices of squash in place of pasta... filling is something with macadamias, ill let you know

I did the ttapp walking workout, it involves so many different muscle groups at once that you really have to be super alert the whole time... no mindless walking, lol

I'm still battling migrainish headach and nasty tension in my shoulder and neck area and the heaviest weight I've used for anything overhead was 5s...:confused:
I'm thinking of paying the chiro a visit. I haven't been in in about a month, that's long for me... I wouldn't be surprised if I'm out of alignment... speaking of which, how's your friend coming along with the spinal decompression?

By the way, when I ordered ttapp they had a dry skin brushing special and it is supposed to help with so many things including lymphatic function which in turn might help with continued healing of the back, I decided to give it a shot... I didn't have time to try it out until yesterday, I did it after my shower and felt about as alive and invigorated afterwards as I would after a nice jog and shower! I was pleasantly surprised, if nothing else, I'll have soft skin and feel good, lol.

Oh Cendrine Why can we not be neighbors???:D I would love to try all your new recipes. And the squash ravioli sounds particularly interesting!;)
On the pose the knee is on the elbow. Trust me in saying that after you are all warmed up it is a lot easier than it might appear. The head on the floor is the key to that, I think.

Not too much going on around here. I forgot to tell you guys that the other day I went with DH to shoot a 17 yr old girls audition tape. I was not sure if she was going to be any good. You know a lot of people around here are dreaming of Hollywood ever since Hollywood started shooting movies in Louisianna. Anyhow. She had to read 2 parts and then sing. I was reading my kindle and when she started singing I got goose bumps. She really had a lot of talent. But I know there are lots of girls with a lot of talent but I hope she maybe will find her niche if that is what she is looking to do. She was really a sweet girl.

So since I switched my schedule around on the rotation I had Imax 2 and then 30/30 in a row and that made S&H chest and back yesterday so I think I am going to save S&H bis and tris for tomorrow and just go to yoga today and be done.
Hope yall are having a great weekend! We are having nice temps but are wishing for rain but we will take this over 100's any day! We did have 100 degree day on Thursday though but I think that might be our last one of this year! I hope!:rolleyes:

Hi You Girls!! Dropped in to say hello! I truly overextended myself this last month. I made the mistake of continuing with two classes of which I'm now 2.5 weeks away from being done. I got really busy at work so am now working the 50-60 hours a week, have the two classes, my MIL was here for 10 days and then my GF from Hawaii was here for a week. Today, I'm trying to work on a 12 page paper I have due and this week we have an executive retreat so I'll be gone for 3 days. Heavy sigh. So you know I've not working out and no posting. No excuses, I did this to myself (except for the visitors!) ;).

On another note, we had an offsite meeting earlier this week for some management training for all the managers. A guy that works for us has a house about 15 miles away out in a heavily wooded area (everything here is wooded!) that he let us use for the meeting. His home is on 30 acres and is a 5,000 sq ft castle! It's beautiful! He even has a room that's like a dining hall complete with 5 full suits of armour. Sounds bizarre but it was awesome! He has a huge covered deck where we had the meeting outside. The house is all stone with turrets and a moat and bridge (no water). He has a giant waterfall, small lake with fish, and a beautiful view of the mountains. It was very cool!

Rachel - HOLY COW! I looked at your picture! Not only am I WOWED by your pose, but look at the definition in your arm and shoulder! You look incredible!!!

Cendrine - I had a migraine last week so sympathize with that ongoing headachiness! Wish I could taste your cookies! How's homeschooling going so far?

Kim - I got a laugh about DS maybe being teacher's pet. Yep, that's they way to work them! LOL! Glad he's doing well! You are as busy as ever!

Well girls, I am behind on viewing video clips, Cathe news, and everything you guys are up to! I have signed up for just 1 (one) 1 (did I say 1?) class next session and plan to get back to working out and some order into my life. I just have 8 more classes and I'm done!

I plan to back more regularly after these next few weeks are over! Miss you all!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.