STS 6 month Alumni~~ Week of Oct. 2

cab0899

Cathlete
Just getting us started! It's the first week of October!!!

Rachael Holy Cow!! You look amazing in that yoga pose! Thanks for posting it. Did you have a look at the Oct. rotation, I'm not crazy about it. I still have 30/30, 20 min run and Ab Circuits to do today as I skipped it on Thursday. Tomorrow I'll finish up the Sept rotation with Muscle Max and then start the Oct. rotation on Tues. I'll have to make lots of changes to the first week as it's Thanksgiving next week!

Cendrine How's your headache doing?? Did you trying the walking workout yesterday?

Jo So good to hear from you! I'm glad that you're only taking one class next semester so you can have some breathing room! The castle sounds awesome!

Jo, great to see you pop in! You sure have been on a ride! I second Kim, glad you are just taking 1 class next! A friend of mine is taking 4 classes and does not work and complains about how intense it is! You are amazing!
looking forward to seeing you pop in more often, but even more than that I'm looking forward to knowing you have time for spinning again!
Homeschooling is running extremely smoothly this year so far! We are already two months in! Lots of learning going on!

Kim, the walking workout was challenging mentally, because there were many different muscle groups to focus on all at once... this one is fully doable for my back, so this may be the way to go, even if I only do it once a week so I don't get too bored... lol

Rachel, are you doing yoga today? I showed your pose to my family, they were all impressed!

I posted some pictures of the yard! We really need a fence for some privacy, that is the next project. The top of the patio pillars are not installed yet so it looks a little unfinished.

Oh my gosh! Say it isn't so! I just lost a huge post AGAIN! Oh well...sigh...

Kim, love the pictures! I can't believe it's been a year since you were trying to get the house done!! Love what you guys are doing!

Rachel, like Cendrine, I was showing off your pose to DH today! You should be on a DVD cover! Better yet...the cover of YOGA magazine!

Cendrine, I am so sorry, it just dawned on me I never sent you the DVD's! Forgive me! You must think I'm irresponsible! So sorry! I will get that done next week! Scheesch!

I spent the day today writing a paper on the Microsoft Anti-trust suit. So much research...so much writing... Really getting anxious to get this over so I can workout! Ugghhh!!!

Talk to you soon!

Sorry guys that I wasn't in yesterday. I woke up at 4:20AM!!!:eek: on a Sunday morning. Seems like I would have had time to post but then it seems like as soon as the sun rose I started having the worst allergies. Sneezing sneezing sneezing. I have been reading up on neti pots forever and decided that then was a good a time as any to go get one and try it out. It seemed to work a bit but the weirdest thing was when I woke up in the middle of the night and seemed like I was breathing cleaner than I ever have. I mean it was such a difference that for the brief time I was awake, I noticed it. So I am hoping it keeps up. But after all that sneezing and just trying to keep my nose blown, I was just wiped out!

Thank yall all for all the kind words on the picture. I am hoping to get even better and maybe I will post more as it comes along.

Jo-OH How We Have Missed YOU! I can only imagine how hectic it has been for you with starting the new job, school and HOUSE GUESTS:eek:. I would certainly need some sort of hmmmm...stimulant to maybe get me through that. Hope you get to get back to some working out soon. That is going to make you feel like yourself again regardless of whats going on around you.

Kim-Love love love the yard. It is so pretty. I did not realize you could plant plants like that so close to your harsh winter. Will they all come back next year?
I looked at the rotation too and if I follow it, it will certainly be loosely. I kind of wanted to leave this month open a little just in case the new dvds make it. I am ready for some low impact. So what I was thinking about doing is just going from day to day and maybe even just doing the premixes more than maybe say the 90 min workout! Just making sure that everything gets worked evenly and I think I will be alright.

Cendrine-Isn't it nice when it seems like you get in that groove and everything is flowing just right? It sounds like you have hit your groove with the homeschooling! I hope the headaches have subsided.

Well no workout today since I did S&H bis and tris yesterday and I MM on the schedule left to do, I thought I would take today for yoga and then MM tomorrow.
Have a great day! TTYL

Kim, the landscaping looks great! I bet it feels like a new house again walking up along the finished yard!

Jo, are you kidding? The thought never crossed my mind that you are irresponsible! And don't you go mail that until you are down to your one class, I can wait!!! It's not like I don't have any other workouts and have been twirling my thumbs since august... lol so sorry you lost another post! How's the paper coming along?

Rachel, tell me more about this 'allergy plant'? I have never heard of it! Tell me everything!

By the way the squash ravioly turned out really yummy, dh in particular was gobbling it up. He said they restored his faith in raw food....lol

Off to attempt athletic step.

LOL Cendrine...It's not a plant but a pot that you put a saline solution in and then you pour it into one nostril and it comes out the other. If you have never seen this done you might want to google or youtube it. Some people absolutely swear by it and as of right now I am clear with just a few sneezes here and there. I did not do it this morning so I will see how the day goes. It might have one draw back. The outer edges of my nose are really dry but I am not sure if that is do to all the running it was doing before I tried the neti pot so I am keeping lotion on it to try and soften it back up and then I will neti pot and see if it dries back out.

This morning was MM. I did not do the abs since I know I am about to go do those at yoga but I think I am just now figuring out this whole weight thing:rolleyes: Taking a step back and lowering my weights is really helping me to concentrate on that specific body part. It only took me, ummm lets see...5 or 6 yrs. LOL:D Better late than never right!

Cendrine-I forgot to ask you what kind of squash you used for the ravioli or did I miss where you told us?

Hope yall all have a great day!
Rachel

Lol, Rachel, when you said pot I just assumed it involved a plant:rolleyes: I think I have something similar we use it for sinus rinse when fighting a sinus infection... I could see how it would dry the skin, so moisturizer sounds like a good idea.

I used the green zucchini for the ravioly, but I bet you could use yellow if you wanted. The book says you can do it in tne oven at lowest temperature with the oven door open if you don't have a dehydrator.

Have fun at yoga, I'm off to do abs right now.

Went to the chiro, was only 1/16th of an inch off, he said. He did agree that a dip in barometric pressure can aggravate things and hormones too... so ill just keep plugging along. I think my headaches are weather related, so I hope the weather settles soon, been eating painmeds like candy for over a week now in order to make it through the day... :mad:, :eek:

Nothing new really to post but I wanted to check in. Yesterday after work, dd's piano lessons, I was really tempted to skip Muscle Max and then DH started doing it without me! Well that wouldn't do so thanks to him I got it done!.

Today is our provincial elections so I had to go vote after supper, came home and started Body Max 2 but I didn't finish it:( I was feeling okay but it is such a long workout! I decided since I did MM yesterday and Pure Strength is on the schedule for tomorrow that I would skip the upper body weights at the end. There is just other things to do in the evening beside working out. I always feel so guilty not finished a scheduled workout.

Cendrine Hope you're feeling better soon!
Rachael That yoga is just doing wonders for you! It sounds like you're developing a lot more body awareness.

All the plants are perennials and so will grow big and tall eventually Supposedly perennials and grass are better planted in the fall, who knew?

DH wants to get an ornamental black fence but I'm concerned that it won't be enough privacy.

BTW, I've now lost 13 lbs!!:D:D That's just from pure healthy eating! Lots of chicken/turkey/fish/eggs, yogourt/kefir, and tons of veggies and fruits.

Off to watch the election results, it's should be a close race.

Kim, I had to laugh about your dh starting the workout without you... ;) love that! Don't feel guilty about not finishing body max 2, I hardly ever do all of it.

Today was high reps again, I liked it so much last week.

Ds's birthday is today, so we'll be taking him out for lunch. He won't have his party for another week, but he likes the idea of staggered gifts... lol

Good Friday Yall!

I got so busy yesterday after I came home from yoga cleaning house that I used up all my day. I wanted to get it all done before this weekend. DH is helping shoot a documentary for this local charity in a neighboring town. It is called the Boo Rally. The first time it was held it was to raise money for a man that had been severely burned and when it was all over he gave the money to the Shriner's Hospital for burned children and now it has been going on for 14 yrs and they are trying to bring even more awareness to it. So tomorrow I am planning on maybe going there and spending the day. It is a great little town with lots of history and antique and old junk shops. Yall know I love old junk! LOL

Yall talked so much about HR that I could not help but round out the week with it. Yesterday I did step moves. I just have not wanted to do cardio a lot here lately. It has been an off and on thing. Some days I feel like I am getting it and not even with too much exertion and then the other days it is just the exact opposite. :rolleyes:

Kim-Your weight loss is amazing! How are you keeping up with your meals with all that you have going on. It is truly inspiring !
I would be the first to raise my hand and say I had no idea you should plant perennials in the fall.

Cendrine-Oh I wanted to tell you that I have 3 friends that have the same birthday as you ds and one of them told me that it is supposed to be the most common birthday! I am not sure on the accuracy of that but that is what she said. LOL
Oh and I am with you, I rarely do all of BM2 either!

Well it is a scorcher here today and I have the oven going so gonna have to put down the windows. Bye Fall. :rolleyes:

I'm not feeling the cardio as much either, Rachel... I work it in but I am not quite as excited lately to do it. It probably has to do with the weather for me.
Not much going on here. I decided to not make a cake from scratch this time for ds' party. I am calling it the cake creating burn out.... :rolleyes: I thought ds was going to be really disappointed that I wasn't making him a cake this year, but when I told him he could come to the store with me today and see what is available he said 'yesssss' go figure....:rolleyes:

Just to let you know that we are heading out of town for the Thanksgiving weekend!!! So I won't be around for a couple of days!

LOL Cendrine, that is funny. Kids are so funny some times. I think it is anytime they get to do something kind of grown up that gets them excited like that.
I am glad to know that I am not the only one that is feeling ups and downs on the cardio. I saw something somewhere that said the duplicators for the new dvd's would have them done by Oct21 so maybe we will get our new dvd's by the end of the month. I am just trying to stick in some fun cardio here and there to try and keep it up but I am in no way going crazy.

Other than that not too much going on around here. I am going to go in that workout room and see what strikes me. LOL:rolleyes:

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving Kim!

Have a great day Cendrine.

Ds is quite happy with the cake I ordered, mainly because it has tons of icing...:rolleyes:

I just picked up ds from a sleep over, his eyes are so dark, I hope he can catch up with a nap today... he becomes very grumpy when he's tired and has to do things he doesn't like to do...

So, Rachel, which workout struck you today...?

How did dh's filming go?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.