STS 3.5 SUMMER LADIES:6/21-6/27

drover

Cathlete
hi everyone, i am starting this early in case anyone starts their week on sundays. i will try and keep this bumped up so we can find it,so ya'll can help me by posting. :)

week 2 meso 1-- work, work!! as cathe says.
cathy

hey melissa,
did you see this?

DAY 1: STS - First thirds of disks 1, 2, and 3 (Legs first).
DAY 2: Cardio (usually a Cardio Coach, the fastest I can go for no more than 20 minutes on treadmill, or 10 total minutes of jump roping).
DAY 3: STS - Second thirds of disks 1, 2, and 3 (Legs first).
DAY 4: Like Day 2.
DAY 5: STS - FInal thirds of disks 1, 2, and 3 (Legs first).
DAY 6: Like Day 2.
DAY 7: Any non-STS Full Body workout of my choice (I don't want to give up kettlebells, Muscle Max, Amy Bento or any number of FB workouts designed by some of my favorite fitness authors)
DAY 8: REST
DAY 9: STS - First thirds of disks 4, 5, and 6 (Legs first).
and so on...

there is a longer post over on the STS board.she prefers full body workouts and said she sees better results that way. hmmm, wonder if i should be doing this? i really want the biggest payoff for my workout. if you have time, go read the post and let me know what ya'll think
thanks, cathy

Good Monday to ya!

Good morning chickies! Well, DH and I did Lowmax and Disc 3 STS this weekend. Whew! Both workouts were a killer but we made it!

Tonight is Disc 4 with abs. I love the weight work and am looking forward to it!

Cathy...I did see that rotation, but we are sticking with the way Cathe laid it out because we have had such wonderful results! I have lost so many lbs and inches that I am afraid to do it differently! :)

Well, I better get started with the day!

OK, well, i decided to try the total body STS workout. did 20m each of 4,5,6. gonna try it this week and see if i like it. used the legs, disc 6 for my warmup, then did partner med ball abs.
cathy

Good for you Cathy! You are definitely more adventurous and creative than we are! I am more of a sheep. :) Have a great day!

that is great, melissa, i havent' lost anything this whole time. so, i don't know what is up.
i get so confused w/all the information. i do better following things verbatem, i'm kind of anal. but, i thought i'd try it. it worked fine. anyway, we'll see.

YOU DID LOWMAX AND DISC 3???? are ya'll gluttons or what? can you still walk?:)
cathy

We did them on separate days...does that still sound goofy?!

Let me tell ya, poor DH is VERY sore! I got away with a slightly sore bum...that is it. I figure a little motrin and my bum will stop talking to me! :)

How is your diet? I found that the older I get, the more I have to watch what I eat. DH and I started using SlimFast to replace our lunches which used to be fast food (Subway, etc.). We have noticed that the replacement alone has helped us immensely. Those "healthy" choices at the fast food places are a joke in the end. Neither of us really like to pack a lunch, so the SlimFast worked well.

Later chickie!

i am working on my diet. it used to be really good and has gone donwhill the last 2 yrs. but, starting uphill again. and i hear ya on the age thing. what a drag. i am 54 and only 5', so there is nowhere for it to go except on my hips and that is where it goes! but, i have to wonder how much my age has to do w/it. ya know w/menopause and all that.

i was so sore from disc 3 last week. surprised me. cuz don't remember being that sore the 1st time around. and, i did lomax either last week of the week before..

don't know if i could survive on slimfast. i get sooo hungry. gonna try and get a picture of me up. not sure if i can.
ttyl,c athy

I just changed my avatar...I got a new camera this weekend and I have been playing with it every since! :)

Here is a peek from my CatheNation Album

Attachments

• compressedDSC00101.JPG
    compressedDSC00101.JPG
    17.1 KB · Views: 5
  • compressedDSC00068.JPG
    compressedDSC00068.JPG
    35.7 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Hey Ladies,

Do you mind if I jump in?? Took a month off and I am starting STS again. Did Disc 1 last night...I forgot how many pushup there where :confused: but I did more than when I started the first time ;). This time I am going to do a six month version. What is everyone else doing?

Therese

welcome therese, we would love to have more. melissa and her hubby, and i are doing the 3.5 m., but we can still check-in together. we had a couple others last week, but they have not come back. today was cardio for me. i did the firm's advanced cardio blast. very hard, was pouring sweat. then i did med ball abs. so, how do you like the 6 mo. rotattion?
hey melissa, how ya'll doing today?
cathy

Hey all! Sending hugs from sunny Utah! Well, DH and I missed our cardio yesterday...I was in meetings until 10 pm last night and well, I wasn't going to do cardio kicks in the middle of the night and wake up at 4 am again. :) Tonight I guess we will go on to our next disc of STS, I think we have 5 on tap. :) I sure hope the rest of the ladies come back. It is fun to see what everybody is up to. Well, I better scoot. Have a great Hump Day!

hi melissa, your dogs are gorgeous. i love the one on the right, w/the dark face. i like the darker ones. my shepherd is very dark. he is gorgeous. prettiest one i've ever had. ya'll are in utah? well, it is sunny here again, as usual, a nice round 100 right now. isn't that nice? :(

ok, i did 20m. including the warmup. of disc 4, 18m. of 6, and 18m. of 5. and that was all of disc 4, so for my 3rd workout this week , i will add some of it in to get my total body and then finish off 5&6. i don't know if i like it or not, doing it as TB. but i did it for this week.

am at my son's right now, gonna swim w/grandkids in a bit. went to the park and played awhile, til we were melting, and came home.

melissa, i don't blame you for not working out that late, and you get up at 4??????!!!! wow, i am totally impressed. if i had to get up that early, my workouts might never happen.:)
cathy

Hey chickie! I decided to check in one more time today. I wanted to thank you for the doggie compliment. We are quite proud of our furry babies! :)
And yes, it is a comfortable 84 in my neck of the woods, Southern Utah. I am quite the baby when it comes to 100! I am sure there is a little bit of humidity there too, eh? So is that with the heat index? :)

I am glad that rotation is working out for you! And what fun to be swimming with the kidlets! :) I plan to do the same on Friday :).

Just for the record, I have always been an early riser but when the clock hits about 8:30 or 9 at night...I am like the typical three year old...out for the count! :) My husband is the opposite and is a night owl. He is very hard to get out of bed. The good thing is that we both enjoy working out after work (usually before 5 pm), so this buddy workout thing has been awesome! :)

Have a good hump day and I will checkin on everybody tomorrow! See ya!

hi melissa, your dogs are gorgeous. i love the one on the right, w/the dark face. i like the darker ones. my shepherd is very dark. he is gorgeous. prettiest one i've ever had. ya'll are in utah? well, it is sunny here again, as usual, a nice round 100 right now. isn't that nice? :(

ok, i did 20m. including the warmup. of disc 4, 18m. of 6, and 18m. of 5. and that was all of disc 4, so for my 3rd workout this week , i will add some of it in to get my total body and then finish off 5&6. i don't know if i like it or not, doing it as TB. but i did it for this week.

am at my son's right now, gonna swim w/grandkids in a bit. went to the park and played awhile, til we were melting, and came home.

melissa, i don't blame you for not working out that late, and you get up at 4??????!!!! wow, i am totally impressed. if i had to get up that early, my workouts might never happen.:)
cathy

Hey Melissa and Cathy,

Well I did Disc 3 last night legs.....oh my DOMS DOMS DOMS... I was tried when I was doing it and I went a little heavy than I did the first time I did STS and my heart rate was really up there. Today my buns are talking to me. I am on the road traveling (sales) so getting in and out of the car was a bit of challenge today :eek:.

Brought 4 day split so that I could do kickboxing in the hotel along with abs tonight for Cardio and then when I get home tomorrow I will do Disc 2.

Melissa....my hat is off to you lady.... I wish I could get up that early and do my workout....I have tried several times but I need a good hour to wake up first to jump into Cathe workouts.

Cathy...swimming with the grandkids sounds like fun... have not been able to use much of my pool lately because we been getting SO MUCH rain in the NY area.

Have a good evening ladies
Therese

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.