Stress Eating Check-In Nov 9/06

allwildgirl

Cathlete
Hey ladies...

Today is promising to be a day when I'm going to have to fight the stress eating demons. Things at work are awful, my SO is away for a few days, I have PMS.... it all adds up.

Right now, I don't feel at all like eating anything, but I know that once I start, I may not be able to stop. Does anyone else get that? And I certainly don't feel like eating anything healthy.

I may be back frequently for some moral support.

Shelley,

Thanks for starting this AM. My DH is gone too and I have PMS too so we can be miserable together!

One thing I like about myself today is that I AM going to workout and do something good for myself. I feel powerful today because my body will allow me to do that. Some people don't have that luxury.

I am going to call my sis today, see if she wants to workout with me and maybe go shopping for some new aerobic shoes. I am desperately trying to get back into Cathe and my shoes are old sooo.... Wanted to do Imax 3 (just the step portions, no blasts, not in good enough shape yet for that) today but I think if sis is with me I have to do Body Fusion or something. I keep trying to turn her on to Cathe, but she is all left feet and doesn't seem interested even tho she is like me and can't seem to get up motivation. Cathe workouts are great too because they make you feel powerful because YOU LEARNED SOMETHING and they keep your mind sharp (you remember that, in the very beginning!)

I did not eat Chinese last night, but I did eat two peanut butter cups. ;( BUT today I am going to get to the store and get me something healthier. Oatmeal for breakfast! See yall later!!:D

Ok - this is definitely going to be a frequently visited checkin for me.

My name is Claude and I am a stress eater...

Glad I got that off my chest. I've been bingeing a bit these past days primarily due to stress at work. Too much to do, not enough time, everything is hot and needs to be done now - you know the drill. Reality is it won't let up until sometime in January so I've got to get the eating controlled or I'll be in big trouble.

Sweets are my weakness, oh and carbs too - soft white doughy bread mmm. But I've only packed healthy things for lunch and snacks today. I'll be fine until I get home.

Shelley - yes, I get like that, too frequently. Hang in there - this too will pass.

Janice - good for you - getting an exercise partner helps keep you going.

I'll be back as it's going to be a he** of a day at work.

Claude

"Age is a question of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter." Satchel Paige

Thanks so much for starting this thread today, Shelley!! I didn't have time before I left the house this morning and at much too early 6:45 am. x( :+

Well, I thought my period started last night it seems it was a false start. x( My cravings are still lingering. Today, though, should be fairly low stress and fun day. I'm spending the day with my sisters and infant niece.

Welcome to the club, Claude! I understand all too well the stress that stems from having an overflowing plate. (pun intended, lol).

Shelley, I hope your day has less stress than you thought it might. Ever try chewing bubble gum? I find that blowing bubbles and chomping sometimes relieves my stress just because it's fun to do and tastes sweet. ;)

I'll try to check in later. So far, no stress or stress cravings today. Yay! We'll see how the rest of the day REALLY goes....:p

Remember, it's not about depriving yourself. It's about finding new and healthier ways to love ourselves. :*

Connie

I continue to adore your attitude!! My youngest sister tried Cathe's Basic Step a couple months ago, and was all left feet. It was quite funny to watch. She hasn't tried it since. ;) It's wonderful that you and your sister workout together!

I love that powerful feeling that comes from doing a Cathe workout, too!! :D

Connie :)

Hi Girls!

I still have a migraine so eating isn't much of an issue today. I did have some raisin bran for breakfast and homemade chicken noodle soup for lunch.

Just laying around in my jammies, wishing I could powerwalk in the beautiful sunshine that we have today along with temps in the 60's.

I just wanted to say hi and see how everyone's days are going.
Shelley, hang in there, I hope it get's better as the day goes on and Welcome Claude!!:D

Checking in! Hello everybody! Doing ok so far today - telling myself I can do it! I had Kashi cereal for breakfast, (2 smartie candies, oops), tomato soup w/triscuits...whew, so far so good. I have an apple for 3:00 snack. Telling myself I DO NOT need fast food fries for my trip home from work (it's only 35-40 min)(I hear Cathe saying you can do anything for a minute LOL).

Shelley, I saw your before and after pics on open discussion. WOW, you look great. Great job.

Becky, hope your migraine eases up for you. Just relax.

Connie, hope your cravings soon go away. I agree, chewing gum helps me alot.

Claude, I was thinking of having spaghetti tonight. Have you guys looked at serving of pasta, it's nothing HA! Planning on having soft rolls, oh no...I like to dip my rolls in ranch dressing, somebody help me

}( }(

Janice, what's wrong w/chinese food, it isn't fattening, is it? LOL

You guys have a great day - I'm having an apple in exactly an hour and 44 minutes:9

Hey girls. Just checking in. I've been doing okay today. Someone gave me a Reese's PB Cup and I ate it, but that's it so far.

Right now I'm eating my afternoon snack of cottage cheese with strawberries and blueberries.

Thanks for the warm welcome -
Shelley - I LOVE LOVE LOVE Reese's PB Cups. I love PB too for that matter.

I'm stressing and craving chocolate. It's 3:30 I haven't gotten done half of what I need to get done and I'm out tomorrow. I'll have to bring work home and I'm about to self combust from everything that's NOT getting done. AND instead of working, I'm here venting.

Big breath. OK now I feel better - so when will the chocolate craving go away??????

Claude

"Age is a question of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter." Satchel Paige

You have to beat it down with a sledgehammer:)

I love PB too. I can just eat it right out of the jar with a spoon. Or my finger.

Okay, this isn't helping. Ugh.

I ran out of my organic PB. I'm trying not to buy it for awhile. But I must admit I had to take it out of the grocery cart at least six times before I made it out of the store without it!

Good evening fellow stress eaters....

Shelley - I'm with you on the PB.... yesterday when I had my melt down, I ate _____ PB and jelly sandwiches (natural PB and SF jelly) on WW. You fill in the blank... it was less than 10 though:p I ate only a ton of healthy food yesterday since there was no junk in the house. I would have given my first born for a bag of tortilla chips.

Today I did very well. I think my muscles are filled to top with glycogen so I had a good run this afternoon and step only of BM2. I went to a dept luncheon today and ate very well... and split a small piece of cheesecake with a friend who is watching her weight too.

I didn't realize I was mid-cycle yesterday (perimenopause has my cycles all screwed up... I'm usually about 5 to 7 days early every month now) so I'm having problems keeping up with when I'm mid-cycle and yep, right in the middle of it now. No wonder nothing was safe yesterday.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.