Stress Eating Check-In, Nov 11

Connie12

Cathlete
Yay, I'm starting the thread today! I think I'm paying the price for all the junk I've been eating the past fews day. I suppose this is my penance....?

I continue to be disturbed at how my hormones change me this time of the month. I feel like I'm crawling and scratching to dig myself out of this mess I'm calling my body right now. I'm moody, depressed, eating junk, and not thinking clearly all the time. I'm not feeling or acting like myself. I'm in here someplace, though. In the center of my being I'm screaming at myself to stop allowing my hormones to wreak such havoc every month, to stop sabotaging myself by using these hormones--which should harmonize with my being-- as an excuse to eat junk. Truly I don't want that junk. My stress wants it. The part of me that is afraid to change and grow outside of my comfort zone wants it. Yet, my true and most basic self wants to grow and change. I want to embrace my highest thoughts and ideas, and make them a reality. I'm starting to fully realize that it's ok to have help with making it so. I don't need to put pressure on myself to go it solo. I don't "get" an extra reward or money or points for losing weight without any outside support. Still, I need to push myself to get past my comfort zone- mentality and emotionally. I think the physical part with come along for the ride once my insides get goin'. ;) I think all the stress in my life these past months has kept me from being able to push out of comfort zone in a positive way. This thread is helping me to just that, even though I've given in to stress eating a couple times the past few days.

Here's to a healthy and low stress Saturday for everyone! *clink*

Connie :)

Hi Connie & all to follow....... I hear ya loud & clear!!!!! After 8 days of HH (hormone hell) I am starting to feel a bit more balanced today.
I had a Fund Raising Walk this morning for ALS (Lou Gherigs Disease) which is dibilitating.... so many walkers and people in wheel chairs who are stricken w/ this "no cure" disease.... I was thinking on the ride home how blessed I am to have a sound mind & body and how I need to stop abusing it with poor food choices. Not saying that when I really desire a great piece of choco or something but the "binging" that comes 1-2x a month. That is just self abuse for me and I gotta think that its time to stop disrespecting this body. I have really cleaned up my act the past 6 months and just need to focus on how much stronger I am when I eat clean (er).... How about thinking of clean eating as the way we show ourself respect & love rather than thinking that the sweets, carbs whatever is self love? A bit of a shift in paradigm but just may help.

Have a glorious day!

I think about this same approach often. I like thinking of eating clean as a way to shower ourselves with love. Do you think it's possible to change the kind of food that comforts us? I wonder what it would be like to find emotional comfort in eating a big salad with a delicously healthy dressing? It's happened to me every now and then, but I still revert back to old/unhealthy habits when stress peaks. I know that those cravings stem from chemicals and hormones in our bodies, but I wonder if those extremes can be tamed by consistent clean eating?? I've been thinking about that alot lately. Perhaps if I start to respect my body on a deeper and more consistent basis then it will respond by dealing with stress in a healthier and less extreme way....hmmm.

I'm feeling better...not so stuffy and the IB has the cramps under control. I think I might venture out of the house for a little while, and then come home and do a easier type workout. Yeah, I think that would be good for me. :)

>I think about this same approach often. I like thinking of
>eating clean as a way to shower ourselves with love. Do you
>think it's possible to change the kind of food that comforts
>us? I wonder what it would be like to find emotional comfort
>in eating a big salad with a delicously healthy dressing? It's
>happened to me every now and then, but I still revert back to
>old/unhealthy habits when stress peaks. I know that those
>cravings stem from chemicals and hormones in our bodies, but I
>wonder if those extremes can be tamed by consistent clean
>eating?? I've been thinking about that alot lately. Perhaps if
>I start to respect my body on a deeper and more consistent
>basis then it will respond by dealing with stress in a
>healthier and less extreme way....hmmm.
>
>I'm feeling better...not so stuffy and the IB has the cramps
>under control. I think I might venture out of the house for a
>little while, and then come home and do a easier type workout.
>Yeah, I think that would be good for me. :)

Old habits die hard, Conni. Hormones and chemicals in our body aren't the only things that spawn cravings. Actually, they probably spawn cravings less than that little voice in your head that says "But it is sooo good Conni, it's OK, you can make up for it later!" And, I don't think anyone eats a big salad with good dressing as a treat. My sister would consider that a treat but she frets about every miniscule calorie and fat gram to pass her lips. That is no way to live either!

By the way, HI!! Yes, I am here. Dragging my heels but here I am. I have just been so moody the last few days. That is how I tend to be a lot. I go in phases. So if you don't see me for a while it is not because I have ate myself to death. I am around. That is usually why I am not the sole creator of support groups because it is just too damn hard for me to be repsonsible for them on my own. Plus, it is so hard to remember names and situations after multiple posts!}(

AAhhh the hormone thing. Well, I think I can relate but I am not sure. I think I am just moody and eat crap all the time to where I really don't know too much if I have PMS. I cry a lot anyway, lol. I get angry probably a lot easier around TTOM but that is it. I know the correlation between my eating to much is related to moving less and all or nothing thinking. I also feel hopeless sometimes. I am great at doling out advice and knowing what to do but never really doing it. Isn't that what they say, "don't help others if you can't help yourself??"

I get lazy too. It is just too much work to eat healthy. Hubby is out of town. I went to the store and baught PBJ stuff and a pot pie. Even grilling a chicken breast seems like work..honestly. And it isn't nearly as good! There are a lot of things going on with me now though. Wondering why I have nothing better in my life to concentrate on other than how I eat/look/feel. Wondering if that is all my life will be is a push to get to this one ideal goal state I have made up in my mind. I question my purpose in this life a lot, what was I put here. Hopefully it was more than to sit here and worry about calories.:p

I think I am going to start a depression/anxiety thread. Somewhere where I can go to talk and not feel like I am bringing everyone down. I still want to check in here it is just that i think what I am talking about is more appropriate in another area.

I ate Peter Piper Pizza yesterday and pumpkin pie. I went shopping for a bit and felt like I had to get away from everyone. I rushed home and the sweetest sound was that garage door slamming down. Then I hermited all night. One of the things I do best!:D Went to school today, sat around with all the mental health patients and thought about how close I was at being put in one of those places, lol... oh well

what does everyone else have to say on topic. Sorry to go off..??

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.