Stress Eaters Nov. 10/06

allwildgirl

Cathlete
Morning all!

I did okay yesterday. Actually, I had little appetite, which I guess helped. For dinner I had a Larabar. Didn't want anything else.

I'm hoping to keep on track today. It's Friday, which should help, as long as the person at work who is causing me so much stress doesn't rear her ugly head.

How's everyone else?

Hi Shelley-
ttom so I'm fighting my comfort food cravings this week. Gotta tell you that your post cracked me up! {{{{For dinner I had a Larabar. Didn't want anything else.}}} I read it as For dinner I had a Labrador..... LOLOLOLOL... No wonder you didnt want anything else!
Anyway...sometimes I can just crack myself up al alone at wee hrs of morning.
I'm craving mashed potatos for breakfast but will settle for a Protein shake w/ banana

Shelley-
Meant to tell you that your pic post has created quite a stir.... call BB, you need a commission for starting the frenzy again in catheland!:p

Morning everyone -
Last night I dug into my DH's stash of Hershey's kisses - only had three. But washed them down with a couple of graham crackers and almond butter. It was still ok, not great, but ok.

This am - so far so good. Will be out shopping with DD most of the day, hopefully I won't be tempted by the fast food. I'm usually good with that, as long as I don't get too hungry.

Shelley - I read it just like Traci did - did a double take on it! LOL. I'm afraid my appetite never gets that low. I always want to eat more!!

BBL -
Claude

"Age is a question of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter." Satchel Paige

Hi Ladies,

Today is my last day with this migraine..hopefully tomorrow I'll feel much better.

It's TTOM for me too but just not hungry with this headache. Yesterday I did eat some pineapple coconut ice cream but just a sensible amount and ate good the rest of the day, so I'm not freaked out about it.

Shelley, I thought you said you ate a dog too! Funny how your eyes play tricks, if several of us saw the same thing, just for a split second!:p

Today's breakfast was oatmeal.

Have a great Friday everyone. :D

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA - that's hilarious. I went back and read it and you're all right - when you look quickly, it does look like I ate a dog for dinner!

Traci - There is quite the P90X frenzy going on, isn't there? Wow!

Claude - stay away from the Food Court!!!

Becky - I'm glad your migraine is coming to an end. Those things just drain you completely, don't they?

Hi! I came over here to see what's going on with the runners in the runner's check in and noticed this thread for the first time! Well, I belong here just as much as I belong with the runners. And, unfortunately, this fits me perfectly today. At least it did last night when, in addition to my healthy meals, I ate the following: A yummy seasonal iced gingerbread Clif Bar, Popcorn, 4 graham crackers, and a handful or two of Halloween candy remains. The Clif Bar was not so bad but it seemed to trigger the rest of my diet failures.

I still have not quite gotten to the bottom of why I do this to myself. Particularly now, when I am planning on running another marathon in 3 short weeks from Sunday! I mean, that's just self sabotage in a way since I feel it is important for me to eat healthy in the weeks to come!

It will be interesting to see if being accountable here will help keep me on the straight and narrow.

Anyway, hope you all don't mind me joining!

Well I didnt' check in yesterday. I had a traumatic trip to the mall. Victoria Secret specificallly. For all their emphasis on sexuality, it is really hard to find anything sexy there if you have big boobs. Every bra makes you look like Pamela Anderson (in a poorly fitted bra) and there is NO LINGERIE that fits!!! I was actually laughing in the dressing room. Then the sales lady pissed me off when she kept knocking on the door asking me how it was going. It's like "GET AWAY". I am an adult, I know how to try on clothes, thank you very much. Then she tried to talk me into a credit card, told me everything that would look good on me (the stuff I laughed at), but when i declined the CC she became a real you know what. Ugggh. Then I went to Mervyns to get bedding, picked out all this stuff and then talked myself out of it and put it all back! I am such a freak. Oh well.

I went hiking with my sister yesterday, 3.5 miles and then we ate salads for lunch. I did have chinese last night but white rice and not much of the main entree. I have been kinda moody.

I am really not in the mood to post more today. I have to do a ton of school work and really want to workout. Maybe I'll check in later.;-)

Welcome Elaine!!!

That Cliff bar sounds yummy! Way to go on the marathon. Good luck!

Janice, I am moody too. Am just so sick of being sick......no working out in over 2 months is just AWFUL!! I miss it so much and I KNOW it affects my moods.

I am just hoping that once this migraine is gone, I really will be okay to start back to exercise again. I know that will help!

Hang in there!:)

Hi Claude, I can identify so well with that feeling of "I did ok, not great but ok." Sometimes that in itself is a big victory! Pat yourself on the back!! ;)

Welcome, Elaine!! Self-sabotage can be such a complex thing, can't it? Sometimes I feel as if I understand myself very well and other times I don't recognize myself. x(

Congrats on your upcoming marathon!! That's awesome!!

Connie :)

Hi Shelley, I'm glad to hear that you did well in the stress eating department. :) Thanks, again, for starting this thread this morning.

I'm not home very much, so I can't always start this thread. I'm also not awake very early, though that may be changing soon depending on job possibilities. :p x( I feel bad that I haven't been able to post more the past couple days. Some days will be like that for me, but I will post whenever I can and think about everyone here often. Just felt like I needed to explain myself a little bit... ;)

I woke up feeling terrible- cramps, stuffy nose, sore neck from sleeping on DS's couch and holding my fussy infant niece so much last night. I'm feeling better and better, though I wish my nose wasn't stuffy. x(

I'm struggling a little bit with some financial stress, and I'm not sure when it will end. My faux big brother/best friend/roommate is waiting for a job offer to solidify, and I'm waiting to hear from a potential employer too. One of us has to have a semi-real job by the end of the month, and because of hormone flucuations I'm feeling frustrated and pressured with a dash of panic.

Connie

I did it. I gave into stress and ate junk, really bad junk. The odd thing is that even though I'm wallowing in a hormonally induced depression, that junk made me feel better. It really was comforting, and curbed my junk cravings. Weird!! It usually isn't hit and run like this for me. Perhaps this is some kind of progress...?

Tonight I went shopping at Kohl's and couldn't find a pair of workout/active pants to fit me. My butt and thighs are too big for misses size, but women's sizes are too big. x( It's frustrating! BUT, this experience has re-motivated me to eat cleanly and focus on losing weight. I'm in control of my size, I have to remember that at every meal and every workout. What I eat and how active I am adds up.

I hope everyone learned something about their stress eating habits today. I'm very glad to have this thread! :)

Connie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.