Splendid Sunday in Xer Land

teddy16410

Cathlete
Morning Gang!

Nothing new to add to my numerous novels last night... (stop clapping!)except those who snuck in late!

Nicole - I sent again but it sounds like your computer is blocking because of the attachment... I dont know how to change that - its settings but thats all I know.... x( COMPUTERS! Lets try this.... You email me : [email protected] and maybe if I reply with the attachment it will let it go thru..... We MUST be smarter than a machine dont ya think? :7 My goal is clean for at least 30 days... we have company party & in-law all the week of Dec 9th! This is gonna be hard but its do-able. We'll squeeze each others hands REALLY tight to avoid the crud!

Jeanette - Gosh thats awful about the burned land... Doesnt mother nature make the next crop of whatever grows there more lush than the last after a fire? I know its true for burned farmlanad & grass but not sure about trees. ~ you are so right about the experience being new & different this time because of how well we all know each other... Does that mean since you have proclaimed Laziest Xer Title for a year that we will accept no excuses? What about Sandra saying- no time to workout I have a cake to make??? Will you now know if I have a hard hormone month thats its because I have been sneaking in sugar??? :eek: :eek: This could be no fun at all! :7 ~ Glad to hear about Pursuit of Happyness! I so wanted to see that but we just "dont get out much!" LOLOLOLOL I was looking at your pics again today and realized that your DH & brother look like THEY are brothers! Thats amazing....

Debra - Can I HUG YOU and KISS YOU & MAKE YOU MY NEW BFF!!!!!
Together we are NOT slugs! We are adult, independent women making a choiceto rest our bodies for a week! :+ :+ :+ }( ~ I would like to tryout Glute Camp today but also know its attic/xmas tree day & DH is home..... I shall put no un-due pressure on myself today...afterall- Tony shall be kicking my booty in less than 24 hours! See YOU should start too and that way you can tell yourself this is a pre-ecovery week! :7 :D :7 :D ~~~ GHow FUN about school!!! You already look 20 something so my prediction is that your life will soon be like Greys Anatomy but in a classroom setting!! That means lots of Mc Steamy & McDreamy men to "study" with! GAWD I want to be you!:eek: ~~ Artificial tree.... Wendell really believes its saving the environment... I'm not so sure.... It was important to him so I buy one of those potted live trees each year so I get the energy from the living plant... weird I know.... ~~I think you might be right about intimidation factor--- Thats why I never joined in Hardcore Maniacs before... Its hard to break into a new tight knit group especially since I'm a hardcore hy little girl deep inside still- BELIEVE IT! I really am extremely shy- I just learned to BS my way thru it until I got comfortable with a group... ~ ROF about "other loose material" from Tracys legs!!!!! EWWWWWW}( ~ How did your X-couples friends do around CB? I assume there was nothing like a food fight? !! You take care of you today... get over this nasty cold - stress takes its toll on the ability to ward off these things so be extra kind to yourself this winter...

Happy Sunday to all! I shall return when football game comes on!:7
Stay safe to all travelers & shoppers too!

Hi all,

Today is LL and I think S&H back and biceps, I'm not sure yet. Then some yoga.

Traci - You do have the perfect client. What a nice way to start. It's the chemicals for me. I am working really hard not to take even a bite of anything. I hope that you all don't float away down there. We are supposed to get rain tomorrow. There's nothing worse than cold rain. The boat parade sounds like fun, but not in the cold. Is cold weather normal? Any workout planned today?

Debra - I hope you feel better today. I had never heard of Hannah M. until her Dad was on Dancing with the Stars. The pudge will go away, it's probably not really there anyway. Can you register on-line for classes? It's much less painful. Good luck, once you get the hang of school, and managing studying etc., it's no big deal.

Jeanette - We saw some fire devastation year before last when we were on vacation. It is so sad, but it does help the environment in some ways. We've got both stoves going now, and I guess I'm on the continual dust clean up until I get sick of it by March. I did that B&G premix one time and NEVER again. It is not for a floorwork hater. I do like that dvd though. It's not on my rotation because this one is pre- B&G.

TG - Glad you whizzed by!

Nicole - Yes forward bends were really difficult for me when I injured my back. At first, I could not even sit on the floor with my torso perpendicular to the ground. It was ugly. Just be careful with the X. There is a lot of back work in C&B. Interestingly, pull/chin ups don't bother my back at all. I would avoid any double armed rows unless you go really light.

Hi to anyone I missed.

I'm going to cook DH some blueberry pancakes. I personally can't stand them, but he loves them.

Tracy

Good morning. Today I am going to do Imax 3 instead of plyo. That should be fun. I am really sore from chest and back, but it feels really good.

The raw food faire was fun. I had my chakras/aura looked at (which was really neat for anyone who is into that) and worked on. I feel like I had a big massage without even being touched. I tried some raw food from several restaurants, really yummy. But I was exhausted when I got home.

All right, off to make coffee for DH. Talk to you all later.

Lea

Howdy Xers!!

I'm BAAAAAAACK! I was at my MIL's house Wed-yesterday morning, then we went to my mom's house yesterday afternoon and evening and drove home last night. *whew* I survived, lol. We don't usually go to both during T-giving, but my sister, her DH and baby are moving to Albania for her work in a week and a half, so it was a chance to have a Birthday/Christmas/farewell party for them. I ate like crap and feel like crap because of it, so I'm back on track today. I did also manage to pick up DH's germ }( , but being that I'm NOT a wimpy guy, lol, it has not affected me too much, other than feeling not quite 100%. I'm still BRINGING IT tomorrow, though!! Nothing short of the hospital could keep me from that, lol. Today I'll be doing the fit test, and I'm ready to go tomorrow! I'll be getting all my clean snacks ready today so I'm on track!

Tracy -- It's not stealing wireless, it's "borrowing" it, especially if it's unsecured, lol ;-) I ended up not having time for any borrowing, anyway. Thanks for being the sub police, I'm sure Wendy will appreciate it ;-)

Traci-X -- Sorry to hear you got so rained out :( It sounds like you had a nice time in spite of it :)

Nicole -- I share your sentiment... Back to normal life and BRING ON THE X!! lol I hope you got your laundry done. I still have tons to catch up on...

Hi to everyone else! I hope you all have a great day and don't get stuck in any traffic!

Carol

Good morning to everyone! Aren't you guys really excited about the Hannah Montana concert this afternoon???? It's too soon after waking up to see how my cold is...although I did get a pretty good night's sleep, so that should help. I am hoping DD's adrenaline will keep me up and perky this afternoon. I am not going to even say I am going to do yoga today since I am tired of lying to you guys...I will just let it be a pleasant surprise if it gets done!

Tracy...I wish I could register online, but this school doesn't do that, I don't think. And I am sure that new students can't register online. It wouldn't be such a big deal except I really need to get into this particular anatomy/physiology class. I am sure the pudge isn't there...but whatever makes you feel better, dear. You amaze me that you cook all of these things for you family that you either don't like, or just simply don't eat. I don't think I could do that. Have fun with your weight work today. I thought you were taking a couple of days off before starting back into your rotation???

Traci...Well, you are definitely my cyber BFF! Have fun with those trees today. How nice that Wendell is an environmentalist...I like him more and more all the time!! I just use a balsam scented candle and get the same effect. I promise...even though I am not doing the X with you guys, I will be more focused from Monday through January. Gotta look good for all of those college boys....LOL! One of my problems/fears about school is my innate shyness. I was so shy growing up and I finally conquered it as a young adult once I was in retail...I learned how to talk to anyone during my years in a store. But since leaving my work and staying at home a majority of the time...coupled with some of the emotional abuse heaped on by my XDH, I have become very shy again. I am feeling a bit better since moving back to NC..and I am hoping that it will only improve with time away from XDH. CB is actually incredibly outgoing...literally talks to EVERYONE, so he is good for me. I tend to sit in the back and be quiet...but I started putting my mat right in the front of my yoga teacher during class...and I will do the same thing in class...sit right in the first or second row as close to the professor as I can. I think it is a combination of being an only child and just not having enough confidence overall. Anyway...still working through all of that! Speaking of CB...the female of our couple friends commented before she left about how happy I seemed and she and I both teared up a bit...so I guess CB did okay! Have a fun day in the land of Xmas decorations!!!

Jeanette....So glad you had a good day out with DH and the girls. So sad about the devastated land...That always makes me sad...and I always think about Bambi, too! I am sure that Xmas shopping will get done sooner or later...LOL! Didn't know about the guard llamas...we don't have as many of those around here. Are you ready to "bring it" tomorrow???

Lea...Glad you had fun at the raw food faire...And a massage without being touched??? Need to hear more about that! Have fun with Imax3 today.

Okay...I'm done for now...I may be back after the concert this evening...if I survive. Wish me luck!!! I am sending cheers to everyone starting up the X again in the morning! Can't you see the lighted pom poms now???

Debra

http://www.picturetrail.com/aschendell

To be a part of this Dance even for a moment is an unfathomably huge gift---Eoin Finn

0101_10009001662.gif
[/url]

Hi,everyone! Don't faint, it's me again. And you are the nicest gals ever - not intimidating at all.

Traci, did I hear you've got a new client??? That's awesome! Sounds like you had a nice trip, in spite of it all. I'm sure glad you're back!

Nicole, you sound so fired up for a new round of X! Does the new STS series sound like the X to anybody but me? I am so excited about that one. What a way to launch the new year. If Cathe's doing it, I can stay with it. This series may be life changing.

Debra, going to school? Woo hoo! This sounds like so much fun! There's a new life brewing for you.

Tracy, you with pudge??? I don't think so. Add my vote to the folks who think it's not real. Or not destined to be around very long.

Carol, welcome back! You sound fired up and ready to go.

I'm feeling my ol' chester big time this morning from PUB yesterday. Today I will tackle either B&G or GS Legs - still deciding - plus some cardio. Will do the T-day dinner thing for my grown children tonight since we were all going different directions on Thursday. It's destined to be a wonderful day.

Have a good one, everyone!

Cheryl

Good morning,
I'm getting ready for the Sunday morning group bike ride. I just called the time/temp phone number and it says it's 33 degrees. Hope it warms up more. If no one shows, I'll do the local loop and come home. I'm hoping to get out and golf 9 holes too.

Traci, it will take a long, long time for the trees to come back to that area and I think they will only come back if man interferes and they are planted. It was so hot, the ground was sterilized from what I hear. I'm just hoping the USFS gets with it and has some timber sales to get these trees out before they are no good as lumber. If they don't the bugs come in and kill off anything that might have lived. So much animal habitat that is gone now. There isn't a speck of anything on the ground but ash and rock and black stick trees. I'll have to tell DH about you thinking he and my brother look like brothers. He'll get a kick out of that.

Tracy, the forest is terrible, can't see where it will help the environment at all. No oxygen will be produced by the trees, no habitat for the animals. It looks like the surface of the moon, but with black sticks coming out. For acres and acres and acres as far as the eye can see. Yep, that premix that I did has floorwork X 2. I remember doing some of the back work in P90X with the heavy pants and lawn mowers. I had to be careful because I had the beginnings of back twinges. After that, I lowered my weights. Not worth it for sure.

Lea, glad the faire was fun and happy that you liked the handsless massage. I think I will be subbing PlyoX also. I don't have Imax3 but may have to see about ordering it. I do have the first 2 Imax's though.

Debra, words cannot describe how I feel about the HM concert today. Hope you are feeling a little bit better each day. Gosh, is your DD really going to be wound up? Actually, I have never seen any HM stuff before. I'll have to see if she's on satellite. I would have no idea that you are shy. When do you start school? Bet you are excited about that. Sounds like it was a good Thanksgiving dinner with your Mom, CB and friends. I'll be looking for those lighted pom-poms. I see that Core Syn is my workout for tomorrow. Anyone have a sub for it for later on when I don't want to do the Dreya Rolls and Supermans?

Carol, glad you are back with us. So sorry you caught the bug. Yep, DH's are just plain sicker than anyone else. We just don't understand how bad they have it. Right. Love your enthusiasm for Bringing It!!! I'm getting excited too. Which rotation are you doing? Sounds like have got everything in order for a successful X! Have you heard from Wendy yet?

Cheryl, good to hear from you too! Yep, I'm excited about STS too. Sounds like P90X to me. I always enjoy PUB. I did B&G floorwork yesterday. It's a DVD that makes me happy. One of my favorites. Are you cooking for tonite? Have a great time with your family.

Nicole, am anxious to see your modifications for the Lean Rotation as that's what I'm doing too. Please share!

Must get the bike loaded in the car. Will chat later,

Jeanette

Jeannette, enjoy that bike ride!

Yep, I'm cooking tonight. A mini T-Day feast for all my grown sons plus grandbaby. I won't need to indulge. Already did that. x( ;)

Opted for cardio today - HCE #2, all but final leg drills plus 45 min TM for a total 96 minutes of cardio. I'll hit the weights hard again tomorrow a.m.

Have a great afternoon, everyone!
Cheryl

Ok- I’m hiding from the crazy man x( yelling at the referees on the big screen…. All the dogs are hiding with me….. MEN! Worse yet… we are playing Cleveland- my dads team – that means the phones will ring and Wendell will go out in the rain x( to avoid talking to dad… UGH!!!!

… Personals…

:* :* Cheryl: “Head Cheerleader”
You and Amy are my official cheerleaders this round ok? Do you have lilac pom-poms like Jeanettes golf shoe laces??? I LOVE lilac! ~~ Happy Thanksgiving Part 2!!!!! How WONDERFUL you all have found a way to make all the families in your lives feel special! Your kids should thank the heavens as many parents I know make holidays about the one day & the grown kids get torn…. You good mama!!! ~ STS is YOUR ticket to X-Zone! I think once STS comes out I wont ever have to buy a DVD again unless its an add-on for the X or STS!! Trust me- doing Periodization is the key to fitness and body change… MASTERFUL! I cant wait for STS!!

:* :* JeanetteX- shhhhhh XX in Progress!
I am still iin my sweats! (aka: jimmies!!!} I even went on a crisis Target run in them! LOLOLOL Glad one of us is a busy beaver today. ~ That’s a horrid shame about the extent of the fires… once wildlife leaves it truly changes forever I think.

:* :* Carol- X’er in the making!
WELCOME HOME!!!!! You had a very emotional holiday with good-byes and all! Stay healthy dear! I am hand sewing your X in between sleeping, eating, decorating!

:* :* DebraX - “PP Coach”
Not feeling 100% but still doing Hanna stuff??? Oh MY! Maybe all the shrieking will SCARE the germs out of you!!! YES there are digital disposable cameras!!! Gotta get some pics of DD tonight! ~ I’ll try Balsam Scent – The pine just never smells just right…Well look at the 2 of us… no wonder we bonded quickly- wallflowers gotta stick together!

:* :* LeaX -shhhhhh XX in Progress!!!
Oh woman there is nothing better than Reiki! I knew guy years ago that made my body feel like I was floating for hours after a Reiki session! One of my friends here does Chakra Clearing for me but it gets so expensive… I need a new Reiki Master…. LOL on Sub today… You crazy gal- I am all set for a full week of NO SUBS – just add-ons… we’ll see about the add-ons tho! LOL

:* :* TracyX “Coach”
Our cooking lives are so similar! I made Wendell a big sausage, biscuit, egg & gravy breakfast- I didn’t think 2ce about sharing in that! LOL – This cold spell will be out of here by tomorrow night- lasted 3 days! LOL – We are almost out of winter now!!!! Actually we usually get 2-3 of these spells and that’s it. We are 30-40 degrees warmer than Dallas all year because we are on the water. – No w/o today… I just feel like puke and we’ve got the house a mess decorating… Tomorrow I start anew- maybe I just needed a break before Tony… Was this LL for 3rd time in 8 days??? LORDY!!!!!!!!!!! You rock Tracy- you really do.

Huggers to all!

:*

I'm off to yet another Thanksgiving dinner at my mom's. I will post personals then as well as my Lean revisions:)

:*

Nicole

Bring it!!!

http://images.meez.com/user16/07/02/09/070209_10019023368.gif[/img][/url]

Hi all,

Traci - Would you like to do my decorating too? The stuff is up in the attic and there's no one around, so I was lazy and decided I'd wait until next weekend. No, this is only the second time this week for LL. There was a huge dread factor today but I got it done and S&H back and bi. I was very happy with my weights for the double armed rows; 25, 22, 20 dbs plus 46bb and 40bb for the pull overs. The rotation really does legs 3x/week, plus lots of cardio. My DH isn't watching football, he's working on an outside project. Yesterday he came in complaining to me that the kids don't help him. I'm thinking well did you ask? But I was good and kept my mouth shut. He told me not to ask them to and I didn't. It's so hard though because I know that he is so controlling when he works on anything and because of his ADHD, he sometimes does things in a very A$$ backwards way, plus his mind can't be changed (rigidity is another characteristic of ADHD). I offered to help him several times, but he said no. Plus, he is busy re-doing something we already paid people to do but he didn't like the way they did it. I am really looking forward to Cathe's and Tony's new stuff. I'll be set for a long time to come, with the exception of cardio, once I get those two. I checked BB today and no new news. Plus, some of the dvds don't even have clips yet. That is not promising for a release around the holiday.

Sandra - Where are you today? You were so perky and got us started yesterday. What did Tony have in store today? Stretch X or a rest?

Jeanette - I guess I was thinking about in Yellowstone when they let the fires burn and the pine cones pop open and new ones spout out. The devastation in your area sounds like it is past the point of no return. That is very sad. On a happier note, do you have pink shoes and lilac laces? That sounds so fun! I love colored shoes. You are so lucky to have found another activity. Did you ride today?

Nicole - We're waiting for the revised rotation. I hope all is going well.

Lea - Glad you enjoyed your trip to the raw foods fair. I can't say that I've ever heard of one in this area.

Cheryl - Glad you popped in. You love that cardio don't you? I really have to limit myself or I could fall back into the almost every day cardio routine. That's not good for me.

Debra - Where ever you are, I hope that the cold has let up enough for you to enjoy or at least survive the concert.

Where's TG? Is she having too much holiday fun?

Good evening to all, and I'm anxiously awaiting the reports from the first day of the X.

Tracy

Back to report 2 very important pieces of news.....I have survived the Hannah Montana concert...and I did Cardio and Weights today!!! I must be feeling better! I think that I may go to bed as soon as I get DD in bed...feeling pretty exhausted right now.

I will be back late morning tomorrow after I hopefully register for class.

Happy evening to all and to all a good night!

Debra

http://www.picturetrail.com/aschendell

To be a part of this Dance even for a moment is an unfathomably huge gift---Eoin Finn

0101_10009001662.gif
[/url]

Hi all!
Today's bike ride was just 2 of us and we did hills for about 22 miles total. I was back home by about 12:00, ate lunch, visited with DH a bit and then off to the golf course for 9 holes. I was going to golf by myself, but a friend (used to bike with him) was there by himself and we golfed together. It was fun and the weather was good.

When I got home, my Mom, Dad and Grandma were there to visit. We made dinner for them, enjoyed coffee and chatted about lots of stuff and they just left. No, I didn't get to clean this computer room yet, but I don't think I need the Bowflex for Core Syn. Dodged the bullet again.

Cheryl, hope you had a fantastic time with your family tonite. I indulged a bit myself on Thursday and then a little more today (glass of wine or two tonite), but tomorrow I am jumping on the wagon.

Traci, hope that the game ended the way Wendell wanted. My dad used to get so upset while watching the games. I don't think I could ever get so wrapped up in something that it made me mad. It's just a game for heaven's sake!!! Did Wendell get wet tonite? I was a busy beaver today, yes, but not one thing was productive in the sense of improving the house. My sanity, yes. Thanks for the reminder to be careful with our still healing injuries. I plan on being very careful. Okay, no subs for me this week either. Core Syn it is for me tomorrow. Not sure I can still do a Dreya roll. The only roll I have is around my waist.

Nicole, how many feasts have you had this Thanksgiving? Oh well, on the wagon tomorrow. I'll be taking measurements tomorrow. Can't wait to read your Lean revisions. Nicole, how long ago was it that you finished the X? What rotation did you do then?

Tracy, good job on the workout today. Hope your DH got that project finished. My DH has not done much of anything this 4 days off, but then again, neither have I so I haven't bugged him. He has kept the house nice and toasty, in fact too toasty while Mom and Dad were here tonite. I had to open a window or 2 and the door. My golf shoes are plain white, but the lilac laces look nice. They are soooooo comfy! I almost forgot to put them on today and had to run back to the car from the first tee. They were worth the run back. Yep, did a good bike ride this morning. Think the temp was 42 degrees when I went past the sign. I had to peel off a bunch of clothes when we climbed the steep hills and then put them back on for the descending. I looked at the Lean Rotation and it only has 2 days of cardio a week. Guess I was thinking it had more.

Debra, so glad you are feeling better. Sure sounds like it. Have you heard enough screaming girls yet? Hope the registering goes quickly and easily for you. Will you be going to school full time?

Missing Sandra, Swifty, Amy, Latrese and of course, Wendy today.

Getting psyched for tomorrow!

Jeanette

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.