SMILEYVILLE - Last Weekend of Aug

August

Cathlete
8.gif
HAPPY WEEKEND SMILEYVILLE!
8.gif

Sorry to be brief (with my own stuff at least)....I did some Christi floor cardio and tried not to do any of the jumping. What's with my darn knees?!

I need an elliptical.

7.gif

MICHELE I love thinking about Johnny watching you sleep for a bit and then
sort of giggling to himself, deciding to lick your eyelids!

I absolutely love it when I'm sleeping and I sense something, and I open my eyes and there is Mooch near my face, with his face looking like he himself just woke up and he's waiting for me to open my arm for him to curl up in. Ohh, my Moochi Pie...

JENNIFER Thanks for telling us your bday! It has gone into my memo.

>Hey, some of us Catheites are getting together for lunch at the end of September.

Oooh, cool! How did this come about? Are you also posting in another group? Oh, I just read Robin's post and now I think you may have suggested it on the open forums. Cool!

>If anyone is need of a knight in shining armour?

Shining, dull, rusty....I'm available!

ROBIN

>did I miss a BIRTHDAY!!!!

HOW?! How could you miss my birthday by a day?! (For those of you who don't know, I missed Robin's by a day, too.)

Hope you had a good nap and didn't do too much housework!

JEN Thanks for popping by. But sorry to hear that you're still feeling low. I hope that doctor can find something concrete for you that will be something like, oh you need to take more Vit C or something like that.

LISA Don't trust Robin LOL. KB is Kettlebell Way. Sorry, it's got nothing to do with Cathe. Michele, Dana and I have been doing this workout this month. It's really fun.

>Has anyone tried Burn the Fat Feed the Muscle?

Michele used to keep her never-read edition in the backseat of her car. I think Dana also has this?

I have it, too. I think it's a very good read and I'm glad that I bought it and I'll bet that I'll read it again in the near future,...however, I believe that any eating routine that you actually FOLLOW will work. There's nothing particularly shocking or new in this book (although if you haven't don't much research about foods, there certainly are many eye-opening things), but it does teach you a lot about nutrition, and it gives you good suggestions on what to try when something you try doesn't seem to be working.

It suggests concrete eating and workout plans for what you want to achieve. I think they're good and logical. I think they will work....if you follow them.

I followed the plan for many months and was really into it -- writing out all the things I was eating and doing the measurements and weigh-ins and stuff. I don't have weight to lose, but I'd like to exchange some fat for muscle. Frankly, if I would just cut out even half the sugar I currently consume, even without the book, I'd lean out.

Nevertheless, when I was doing BFFM, I stopped eating most sugar, which for me is HUGE. I mean, HUGE. I wasn't eating anything processed, and was eating mostly home-cooked things, and I'm not much of a cook. I did lean out (though the scale didn't really reflect that, I definitely was the leanest I've ever been, except for the time after I ate raw chicken and couldn't keep anything down for a month LOL).

At any rate, I made a big change in my eating and choosing of foods, and I can thank the book for inspiring me to do that and stick with it (while I was really doing it, achem). That change is still with me now, especially when it comes to vegetable consumption and choosing starchy carbs. So your DH is spot on about making a "life shift" instead of doing a diet. I think that's very wise! I hate that diet word.

Oh, one last thing -- the first chapter of BFFM. It's all about positive thinking. This book is worth buying even just for that, personally speaking. It's such an obvious part of growth towards loving life, yet is so often forgotten, and I got a lot out of reading that, not just in the eating or exercise kind of way.

Did that help? Or hinder? LOL.

Hope you're having a fantastic weekend-getaway!

Okay, gotta get outta here!

Laters! :cool:

August-we will be looking for you. Although, the Highland Festival in Alma is good too. They have the games where they throw big stuff, at least, the guys do wearing skirts. Usually from the Detroit PD. It is always fun.
Supposed to go to a beach party after Detroit today in Holland.

On a more serious note. My brother and a friend were injured in a boating accident. Mark started up his boat and it exploded while on board and while in dock. Another friend standing on the dock also suffered some injuries. No one was seriously injured and everyone is OK. My parents are freaked out. The boat is a total loss-2000 25' Rinker Cruiser. Plus, damage to a sail boat. This accident happened in northern MI and has already made the news in a big way up there. Prayer/praises are appreciated.

Didn't get much sleep last night. Too much on my mind.

Have a FUN Day!

Goooooooood Morning!

At least when BFFM was in the backseat of my car I knew where it was.
Drbarbie.gif

This is Press Play Saturday (the last Saturday of the month when the Cardio Coach peeps do the Press Play workout).

DH and I are going out for breakfast first, and then I'm hoping on Eli (that's what I call my elliptical for those who don't know).

Augie -- yes you DO need an elliptical. You NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED one!!
loudlaff.gif

Okay, sorry to be brief, but I must run. DH is waiting for me.

What kind of plans do you all have for the holiday weekend? We're sticking close to home, but we might have dinner with my brother on Sunday -- it's his birthday.

Have a great day and I'll check back later. Kiss Kiss!

Morning all. Sorry I didn't check in yesterday. I am so busy at work and I had a killer of a headache all day yesterday. I took 2 tylenol, nothing, then 2 aleve, nothing, then 2 tylenol pm - that didn't cure the headache but at least it put me to sleep. LOL. Unfortunately for me, I"m so sluggish this a.m. from the PM's but my headache is GONE!!!

I read over in the OD forum, maybe last week? That in 2009 BFFM is supposed to be out in a book format. I'm not one for the online stuff so I may check it out. Michele I remember it being in the back seat of your car. Where is it now?

Aug - maybe you'll run into George while your in London? You are in the same biz so maybe, just maybe you will. LOL Your little Moochie is such a luv bug!!! I agree w/Michele, you need to get an elliptical. Where you'll put it, who knows, but you need to get one!!!! Just store it out in your hallway or something. LOL

Michele - enjoy breakfast with your DH. Hope you have an enjoyable weekend, regardless of what your DH has up his sleeve. LOL

Lisa - Have a safe & fun trip and I hope that Gus is nowhere in site!!!

Jennifer - have fun this weekend! You always have such fun stuff planned. I am so sorry about your brother. I will keep him in my prayers. Thank GOD he is ok.

Robin - hey you! I have nothing too exciting planned this weekend. I'm supposed to take the boys over to the races but until they help me clean up this pig sty of a house, we're not going anywhere!!! They have until 1:00 to do so b/c I have to go to the bank and they close at 2:00. Tomorrow I may run up to Target b/c I have a shirt that I need to return and then possibly to the movies. There is a new kids movie that came out and I may take Gan to see it. Monday is another race but I really don't feel like going. Who knows. Sucks you have to work.

Jen - hope you're feeling better. When are you going to see the doc?

Hi to everyone else. I gotta get going - I have 3 hours to get all of my housework done. Have a great day!

Hello! :p

Just finished some Cardio Kicks to round out my rotation for this month. I did pretty well! I mean, I had to shuffle some things, but I did work out very regularly!

I think I'm ready for the quasi-STS!

I am sort of eager to weight lift again. :cool:

Have a nice Sunday, all!

JENNIFER How scary about your brother and the accident! Is he all right? I'll bet your parents are freaked! I'm sending good vibes.

MICHELE What's the holiday?

I hope you had a wonderful breakfast with your DH, and that you have a nice celebration with your brother! His bday is so close to mine! :)

DANA Reading about you taking all those pills makes me nervous. Don't do that! :mad:

Laters! :D

Hello Smileyville.

My brother and friends are in pain. The boat explosion was real bad. My parents were freaked by it all.
The Reniasance Faire had some VERY fine men there dressed as pirates, knights, etc...We left at 8am and got home at 6pm.
Then, to Holland for the second event for a short period. I ran into a guy (with his girlfriend) that I connected with last year.We had a fun conversation. At first, I didn't think she would deal with it but at the end was descent about John and I chatting.
He showed up and everyone left, thank GOD, for that material to pick on him with.

Time for bed, church and nursery in the morning and only having 5-6 hours of sleep. Thank GOD, I think I did OK.

BBL Sunday.

Hiya!!!

I don't have time to post -- I'm on my way to a birthday dinner for my brother, but I wanted to say hello and wish you all a wonderful Labor Day weekend!! Kiss Kiss!! (I really miss that kiss smilie!!)

Augie -- it's Labor Day weekend ;)

Love and hugs to you all!! :D

Jennifer, I hope your brother is doing better today.

I loved that last post of yours. So cute!

Michele, I hope your brother had a wonderful birthday celebration!

Sorry, I have an early morning and will have to start my rotation tomorrow since I'll be out ALL day, so I won't be here to start our lovely thread! I'll be by late late tonight! :)

August-pleaes read. Good monster story.
I was talking to my friend, Denise, on the phone on what we should wear to the Faire next year. Meanwhile, Madrid comes out from under my chair with a little dead mouse. They toss it around like a soccer ball while I'm talking to my friend, who has no cats, and she's saying "Glad it's you and not me" kind of thing due to her work schedule, lifestyle, etc.. It ends up in my card basket, they get it out and toss it about the house. Then, I find a big clump of hiar in my bedroom. The mouse couldn't been dead for long since I turned on my AC for a couple of hours and they had a late night snack of mouse sushi tonight. My friend, Denise, was laughing about this cause I was explaining their behaviour acting like the male human counterparts. She got me this REAL nice garden kit from Alitcor/Amway and I use the small shovel to remove dead rodents that Seville and Madrid don't want from the house. I thought I would need it tonight.

Ok., that's my cat story for awhile.

Hey there residents of Smileyville!

Remember last year when I went away for the weekend to Hershey to the spa and shopping? It was fun and great that I was able to spend time with my best friend but what I was really looking for a was a spa that focused on wellness. I was looking onlline yesterday and I found 2 that are a little over an hour (maybe 2) from where I live. If you have time, check out their websites. I'd love to go to the first one but it would be at least $800 for one night. That is definitely out of my budget but it is fun to look. Check out the daily activities? I'd pack every workout I could in one day for that kind of money. The second one I could afford and I"m seriously thinking about going, maybe in the spring? The best part, they play scrabble every night. How can you pass that up?

This is the luxury one: http://www.thelodgeatwoodloch.com/Welcome14.html

This is the other one: http://www.deerfieldspa.com/

Jennifer - you are great kitty mommy b/c I think I"d be sick if I had a dead mouse in my house. Too funny though. At least you've got a rodent scooper though. I read in the OD that you are having a hard time getting movitated. I have no advice for you b/c I feel the same way but I will keep you in my prayers that you can find your motivation.

August ~ You're starting your rotation today. So what was the first workout? I'm sure that you're done with it by now, so and for competing your last rotation. I just love these smilies. How about this one: Michele could use it next time she e-mails Coach Sean.

Michele ~ do what did you and your DH end up doing this weekend? How was your brother's b-day? Are you also starting a rotation for this month? A friend of mine and I are starting a "challenge" tomorrow. I need the motivitation to get back on track to lose weight and she's stuck in a rut with her workouts so we're going to
e-mail each other daily, hope I can get back on track!!!

Jen ~ how are you feeling? I really worry about you!

Robin ~

Lisa ~ how was your mini vacation? I hope that the weather was nice.

Hey to everyone else!!!

If you are into kid's movies, and admit it, I know some of you are, you really need to go and see "Fly Me to the Moon". I took Gannon yesterday and I didn't realize it was a 3D movie. I've never seen a 3D movie before and it was so cool. He refused to put on the glasses and if you don't wear the glasses the picture isn't clear at all. He finally put them on and he was so cute. The picture looks like it is right in front of you and when things looked like they were floating around, he was trying to catch them. Too cute!!!!

My DH almost won $5000 on Saturday night at the races. The top prize was $5000 and he was down to the last 4 cars. So all in all he did great but his prize was peanuts compared to the top prize. Oh well, you win some and you lose, and lose, and lose some! Heck, he never wins.

Hope you all have a relaxing day! I"m not doing much of anything. Just hanging around the house. Talk to you all later.

Hiya!!!

It's another quickie because I've just got a lot going on. I've been avoiding you because I don't have time for personals -- lol!!! You KNOW I love you like MAD!!!

I THINK what I'm going to do now is stick with the kettlebells (because my rotation was cut short by my FIL's poor health and my nephew's visit) but transition into weights. Maybe I'll do KB's 2 days a week and full body weights one day, alternating with CC workouts, like this:

Mon - KB
Tue - CC
Wed - full body weights
Thu - CC
Fri - KB
Sat - CC and/or stretch
Sun - rest
Push ups on KB and weight days

What do you think?

Augie -- the birthday party was interesting :rolleyes: (long story). His actual birthday is tomorrow. this is my special needs brother and we all got together for it so it was kind of nice, but... interesting -- LMAO!
How's work going, sweet pea?

Dana -- I WANT TO GO TO THAT FANCY PLACE!!!!! OMG it looks awesome! the other place looks good, too, and you DEFINITELY need to go!! The princess demands it!

JENNIFER -- OMG where have I been!? I totally missed the story about your brother's boat! Is he alright? Oh dear God, I really need to do a better job of keeping up around here!

Alright, I don't have time for more personals -- DH and I are on our way to his folks. We're going to grill out and we still have to stop by the grocery store. I'll see y'all tomorrow.

My best to all of you -- Augie, Dana, Jen, Jennifer, Lisa, Robin, Cuz, Becky -- for a peaceful and restul holiday. :D

Last edited:
Hello Everyone.
My brother, Mark, is bruised and burned. My parents are freaked out. And,yes, I have no motivation to workout. Today, I was planning on going to GH to walk the pier but I'm here instead.
its's a quiet day today. Hope you all have a Great Holiday.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.