SMILEYVILLE (formerly Haters) - August weekend

August

Cathlete
Morning!

So I left early to go to the department store to buy a sports bra.

I arrive at the store.

169.gif
A.A.A. = I'm looking for a sports bra.
Drbarbie.gif
Ms. Shop Worker = Here it is.
169.gif
A.A.A. = You only have one?

(Tries it on, it sucks. There's a knock at the dressing room door...)

Drbarbie.gif
Ms. Shop Worker = I brought you two more.
indifferent0005.gif
A.A.A. = .......?.....These are just regular bras.
Drbarbie.gif
Ms. Shop Worker = But you can use them as sports bras.

I arrive at the next store.

169.gif
A.A.A. = I'm looking for a sports bra.

129fs370785.gif
Miss Shop Worker = For what kind of exercise?

169.gif
A.A.A. = ........Running (easiest answer).

129fs370785.gif
Miss Shop Worker = Here they are.

indifferent0003.gif
A.A.A. = You only have two?

129fs370785.gif
Miss Shop Worker = We also have a bra for yoga.

A.A.A. = I don't need to see that.

(Tries them on, they suck.)

So now I'm thinking to try going to a gym to see if they're selling anything there. You can see why I have trouble finding nice workout stuff here. Sheesh!

Well, I got home from work really late, er, really early....and I'm running on little sleep. Something tells me kettlebells won't be a very good choice for today so I'm going to flip my KB workout today for tomorrow's workout and do some floor cardio.

By the way, I take the 4 squirrels to the vet tomorrow for their physical and booster shots. Please send lots of good vibes our way!

ROBIN - I must have heard your vote subliminally because I did vote for no makeup. Thanks for that vote. It worked out splendidly.
connie_1.gif

BECKY - I'm not doing the pushup challenge, so I really shouldn't say, but I think you should be aiming for 200 pushups.
evilgrin0036.gif

JENNIFER - Nothing bought at the mall, eh? Me, either.
7_18_3.gif

LOL at your cheering the TV to make your babies angry with you!

Does the person who wins the fitness challenge get something (besides elated for losing fat)?

MICHELE - Your sleep marathon was quite impressive! You must have really needed that sleep to be able to sleep so much.

26 pushups?! You and Becky are making me feel ill! Ill I tell you!! I'm starting to feel downright jealous.

>I did 8 consecutive push ups on my toes with perfect form. Add them to the 26 I did earlier for a total of 34. Yeah, I'm adding them!

OMG! 8 consecutive pushups is HUGE! That is a HUGE improvement from when you first started! Awww man! I'm definitely feeling downright jealous!
mad0264.gif

>No CC spot for me today, so I'm expecting a BIG endorphasm tomorrow.

LMAOLMAO!!!!!!!

>multiple endorphasms

LMAO.....................
mad0256.gif

That's great that your DH is being active on the weekends. I'll keep my fingers crossed that you'll be able to help him even it out over the weekdays, and help him get into a better eating habit. Whatever happened to that meal planner you got?

DANA - OMG, LMAO at your smilies! That's Smileyville living for ya right there! Woo hooo!

goteam.gif

JEN - I shut Yoyo in the closet once and Mooch kept sitting near the closet and I couldn't figure out why LOL. I finally got up to let Mooch in the closet because it looked like he wanted to go in so much, and when I opened the door, out popped Yoyo.

Okay all, have a great weekend!

I'm way out of smilies. Kiss kiss!

Hi August,
Your sports bra shopping experience made me laugh! Love the dressing room smiley! Just thought I'd pop in. The Coolers and KK checkins keep me busy, or I'd join yours. Hi to everyone on here!

smiley923.gif

Netta, hey stranger!!!! You just stop on by anytime. Did you notice the change in all of us??? Haters be gone!!!!! LOL

AAA - that totally sucks about not being able to find a sports bra. Don't you guys have any sporting goods stores over there? I hope you soon find one. Definitely sending you good vibes for your vet vistit tomorrow. Check this out:

Jennifer - so what all is involved with your challenge at work? Are you the organizer of it? So what are your big weekend plans?

Oh Michele, I found this one for you: So what are you and DH up to this weekend?

Jen - I'm glad that your kitty is not mad at your for actions. Sheesh woman!!!! LOL

Hello to Robin, Becky, Shannon (where have you been young lady?????) and any one else who checks in.

So my job is really, really getting to me lately. Not something that I will get into detail on here b/c to borrow Michele's line . . . you never know who is reading on the forums.

Today is a beautiful day, so I better not spend all morning on the computer. I want to get my cleaning done so I can find something outdoorsy to do.

Have a GREAT weekend all!

Hey, Jeanette, nice to see you here! Thanks for dropping in!

Hey, Dana, thanks for the good vet vibes.

I wanted to quickly come and say that the vet appointment went well and we're all now recovering. I was so nervous for them! :rolleyes:

My SIL is coming over to bring some oranges and fresh baked bread, so I'm going to have to figure out when I can do my workout before I head off to work (yeah, it's Sunday :confused: ).........

Anyway, hope everyone has a great Sunday! :D

Hello Everyone.
The Fitness Challenge does involve money. The guy that worked at my house last summer was involved in one BUT all of them needed to lose. Not the organizer.
My weekend plans have been slow. Next weekend is the anniversary/family reunion. The following will be the The Faire in Detroit.
BBL today.

Hiya!!!

OMG August A. August and Dana -- you 2 had me LMAO so hard!!! Dana, I'm glad to see you've embraced smilies, especially since we now live in Smileyville. Where did you find those giant smilies -- I'm talking about your first post with smilies. That was soooo hilarious!!?

Augie -- I'm so happy the squirrels are done with their vet appointment and all went well. Mmmmmm, fresh bread and oranges. I'll be right over.

I have to run. Sorry I haven't been around. We were gone all day yesterday and didn't get home until way late, and we're about to leave again to pick up our nephew. He'll be here for several days. I miss youse guys.
128fs4765852.gif

Hi Jeanette -- nice to see you here!

Hello Jen, Jennifer, Robin, Cuz, and all!! I'll BBL if I can but it won't be until late tonight. Kiss Kiss!!

Last edited:
Happy Sunday!!! How is everyone?

August, I am so glad the squirrels appointment went well! :D I know what you mean about being nervous for them. I don't worry about Sport & Storm too much anymore b/c they know they are coming back home. Sami though, the 2 times I've had to take her the poor little thing didn't know what was going on & if she'd be coming back. :( I dread the next time I have to take her for shots... Mom was here yesterday & she was shaking so bad when I got her out of the closet she was hiding in. She let mom pet her while I was holding her but as soon as i put her down she was gone again until Mom left. Somebody must have really hurt that precious thing. Thank God she trusts Chad & I. She is the sweetest thing ever & makes our little family complete! I didn't realize something was missing but now I know it was. Wow, that was a book... sorry!!

Dana- How is the cleaning going this weekend? Any funny kids or dog stories for us? I have one for you... at the cookout yesterday, Chad's cousin has a 3 year old & 9 month old... so anyway the 3 year old was outside playing one day & the Mom was on the back deck feeding the baby & heard her say, Mom I'm being a doggy & she barked. So the mom went along w/ it & then it got quiet so she walked to where she could see the little girl & she was bend down w/ her clothes off... the Mom asked WHAT ARE YOU DOING & the little girl said I'm a dog Mom & they don't wear clothes & the poop in the yard... and she was pooping. LMAO!!!

Michele & Jennifer- How are your weekends going?

Well Chad, his youngest, and I went to the cookout at Chad's cousin's house yesterday. His oldest was working. There were about 20 people there so I got introduced to the WHOLE family all at one time. The cookout was for his sister's new baby. She is SO CUTE & TINY! Almost makes you want one... but then I remember you can't give them back when they are yours, LOL! His Mom is so nice too. I had a lot of fun & all his cousins are really nice... a lot of his cousins are girls about 26-30 so I had a nice time talking to them. The one cousin who I mentioned about to Dana, has a 9 month old that is so chubby & cute.

I am so tired today. We didn't get back to town until about 10:30 & Chad had to pick Quinn up at 11 from work. He mentioned while driving back that Riley doesn't like staying home alone at night so was going to have to stay up to ride w/ him to get Quinn. So... as tired as I was I asked Riley if he wanted me to stay at the house with him so he could go to bed & of course he did! So, Chad got back about 11:20 from getting Quinn & by the time I was home & in bed it was past midnight. So... I'm thinking about taking a rest day today. Will be my 2nd this week. I have stopped being freaked out when I miss days of working out, life is too short to worry about those small things.

Okay, going to post this book & hopefully BBL!

Hi haters!

AAA, yay for the kitties being home and well. I can't imagine taking 4 to the vet at one time. One at a time is all we can handle.

Dana, sorry to hear work is not treating you well. Any chance of finding a better job? I bet you could get something at Penn College. That would pay for your boys too, if they went to school there.

Michele, too bad your DH is only taking time on the weekend to workout. Maybe STS will interest him. Have fun with your nephew. What have you got planned?

Jenn, that story about Chad's cousin's little girl is a riot!!!! I think it's great that you can relax a bit about missing a workout. That Chad must quite a guy!

Hi Jennifer. What's this about a Fitness Challenge?

I finished taking my nasty antibiotics today and plan on celebrating tonight with a bottle of my favorite bubbly. No workout today, unless you count bicep-curls-with-wine-glass as a workout! Time to head into town for weekly pizza ( I'm having salad). Night all!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.