SMILEYVILLE - Aug 26

August

Cathlete
droolbouncers.gif
Morning Smileyville!
droolbouncers.gif

Today was my rest day, so I did a Tamilee stretch and it felt good. I've got all sorts of stuff going on right now, and needed the stretch!

Okay, that's it.

indifferent0006.gif

MICHELE Actually my last number of exercise bras were all Champion! Thanks for posting that link. I'm going to see if they'll send Internationally!

ROBIN Urgh, how awful that you felt icky this past weekend. And only when you'd slow down? How odd! It sounds like you must have eaten something weird? Or are your bacterias trying to get it back together after all those antibiotics?

I'm surprised peeling a sports bra off doesn't annoy more people. It's enough to make me not want to work out. I'm a bit on the overendowed side, but I wouldn't think that would make a difference, since the hard part is preventing the thing from becoming a tourniquet while getting if off from around my shoulders and then elbows LOL.

JENNIFER Remind me what is VS?

>I discovered Cathe during my divorce on Collage Video but didn't get her workout tape cause it was her wedding one.

LMAOLMAO! You have the driest sense of humor! Love it!

LISA Welcome to Smileyville! Goodness, two children, a move and now internal medicine exams? Are you nuts?!

>a pretty pink and teal club step which makes me happy every time I look at it (and use it ) because it is the same kind I used to use when I worked out regularly in step class about ten years ago and felt good about my fitness level.

That's awesome. My step is gray. Maybe that's my problem about not using it as often as I should LOL.

I laughed when I read Jennifer talking about how she used to be a Hater. I'm sure you were like, Wha? Our group actually used to be called HATE or HATERS or HATEVILLE...we originally started as a group of cardio haters. But now many of us have bloomed into cardio LIKERS LOL, We're very glad to have you join us!

>but can't figure out how to get them from the smileycentral website to the thread

I'm not sure about the smileycentral website, but if you can copy the IMG link of whatever smilie you'd like to use into your post, it should work.

Like for example, go here: http://www.mysmileyz.com/smiley.php?category=Drool

Do you see that you have the choice to use 3 different kinds of tags? Use the top one (IMG). Did it work?

>August would you like me to send you a sports bra?

Oh, how kind of you! I live in Tokyo, so I'm hoping that Champion can ship here. I'm going to check that out this evening after I get some work done. But thank you for your offer!

>How long have you been checking in, and what are your fitness goals?

I guess I've been posting here for what....two years or so? Jeez. And my fitness goals? Hmm. Right now, geting a sports bra is high up there on the goal list.

Oh my goodness, it's 2pm here. I'VE GOT TO WORK.

See you laters!
love0001.gif

Hello Everyone.
August-VS is Victoria's Secret. And, yes, during my divorce. Cathe came out with a workout wedding VHS showing her wedding, etc...then the workout. It was during my divorce so anything like that was too much for me to deal with at that time.
Lisa-Hope you're studying.
Robin-hope you're feeling better. How long have you had this happening?
Michele-What are YOUR plans for the Holiday?
Jen-how's Chad?
Glad to be home after being stranded out in the middle of the lake and sleeping on a horrible bed. Tonight, I have a meeting at church concerning nursery. Sat is Detroit for the Reniansance Faire-maybe I will find my knight in shining armor?
Seville and Madrid have been to me like glue since I've been home although they love their catsitter, Aunt Gillian.

Have a Great Day.

Hello Everyone,
Thanks for the warm welcome. I am going to do maximum intensity strength today, wish me luck. I am going to try and post a smiley below, hope it works,
Cheers,
Lisa
2345.gif

Gooooood Morning Smile-ers!!!
coffeebath.gif

I'm starting to feel human again.
uglydance.gif

I had such high hopes yesterday for all that I could accomplish but I only managed to slog through about half of it. I don't care -- I was still feeling so tired from the events of last week! I was glad I didn't need to go to my IL's yesterday -- I had taken them plenty of food and they were set. I will need to take dinner today though, and I'll be staying with my FIL tomorrow while my MIL runs a few errands and takes her swim class -- lol!
shrk.gif

I didn't do my workout yesterday. I just couldn't make myself -- I didn't have the oomph, but I'm feeling much more rested today, so I'll be doing CCV6.
3925.gif

Augie A. Augie - Your statement about your day exemplified how s t r e t c h e d I've been feeling in recent weeks. :eek:
I don't mind telling you guys that lately, with my plate so full, the idea of keeping up with forums overwhelms me. I wish I could type fast, but I'm so slow on the keyboard that posting can, on occasion, be a bigger investment of my time than I can afford.

But, please know that
icare.gif

And yes, peeling off a sports bra definitely annoys me greatly.
184.gif

So, does Champion ship to Tokyo? You know you can always ship to me and I will forward it to you -- no really -- I will -- I will! :D

Jennifer - It sounds like the anniversary reunion was lovely! My plans for the holiday will include cooking and cleaning and caring for my IL's ;)

Isn't it nice to come home to kitties? :)

Lisa - Welcome to Smileyville!! I didn't have time to post yesterday but I sent you a PM. :D

I have the green and teal step. My cat uses it to look out the window, and I'm afraid that's about all the use it gets. :p (I really HATE step aerobics, probably because I'm just too darn clumsy to slog through it ;))

For cardio, I use Cardio Coach mp3 workouts on my elliptical, and I use Cathe's weight training DVD's. My favorite is the 4DS but again, I don't do the cardio part -- just the weights. I'm very excited about STS and pre-ordered it on the first day. :D

Right now I'm doing a rotation with kettlebells, which is a lot of fun and a nice change of pace from traditional weights. I'm not sure what I'll do after that. I'm hoping STS will ship soon so I can get started with that!

Robin - It was LOVELY chatting with you last night. :D

Jen, Dana, Cuz, Becky and all -- how are you lovelies doing?

I need to DO MY WORKOUT and get to the grocery store. I need some a dem vibes for staying on task. Focus! Focus! That's my watchword for the day.
Drbarbie.gif

Last edited:
Good morning everyone!

Lisa ~ Welcome to our group. We used to be the "Haters" and although the majority have transformed to likers & lovers of cardio, I for one still HATE it. Give me weight training anyday but I can make up a hundred excuses to avoid cardio. The only form of cardio that I enjoy is walking and to me, it is more of a time to relax and escape from stress, so although I am getting in some cardio, I don't consider it a "cardio workout". I also have 2 children, one will be 3 in Oct and he other is 7. Right now my goals are to lose weight. I"ve got quite a bit to lose and I"ve been slacking off lately so I'm determined to get back on track. I"ve also started using Kettelbells (thanks to Michele & August) and they're a lot of fun!!! I haven't done MIS in ages, that was one of my 1st Cathe workouts.

August ~ I hope you find a bra soon!!! All of the sports bras that I ever owned were the kind that you pull over you. Heck, I didn't even know that they made the kind that have clasps on them. Guess I live under a rock, huh?

Michele ~ finally things have calmed down for you - that is great!!!!

Hey to Robin 1 and Robin 2, Becky, Jen, Shannon & everyone else!!!!

I'm at home today ~ took a vacation day. Have some errands to run, etc. Yesterday at work my computer died. I went onto a website to registger my boss for a conference and their website was really messed up. After that, my computer was acting up. I couldn't print to any of the printers, I couldn't find my h drive which is where I store all of my files, couldn't open anything on my desktop. It was so frustrating!!!!! http://www.msnhiddenemoticons.com/download.aspx?id=943Tech took it yesterday to run a scan on it and I still didn't have it back when I left to go home. So, it would've been useless to go in today if I didn't have a computer, right?

Hello Smileyville.

I'm once again home early due to lack of business. I just humbled myself and contacted someone who used to be a friend to do some networking for a new opportunity.

BBL

Hi everyone! MIA hater... wait, what are we again?? :confused: Anyway, just checking in quickly to say hey & sorry I've been MIA again! This weekend was crazy busy, I was gone ALL DAY Saturday to an event for Chad's oldest son, then we hit the grocery store, and came home, did some cleaning, then grilled out. I took a rest day.

Sunday was Drill Max & I've rested 2 days again. Tomorrow will be Shape It Up, then maybe Powerstrike, then Firm It Up. Will probably take 1 more rest day this week before getting back into my 5-6 days/week workouts. My thighs are getting slimmer by cutting back & I probably REALLY needed a month rest after never taking more than a week in the YEARS I've been working out but you know me, no can do so 4 workouts/week is a rest to me! :rolleyes:

I may have time to stop back later if anyone is around, need to change some laundry around & find some dinner... probably oatmeal w/ protein powder & maybe some egg beaters. I've had more 'real' food since getting the new grill, lots of grilled veggies too, mushrooms, green beans, asparagus, peppers, onion... YUM!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.