SMILEYVILLE - Aug 18

August

Cathlete
Moooooornin, Residents of Smileyville!
2.gif

It's a happy, sunny Monday morning!

4.gif

I've just finished KB Way. I was supposed to do this yesterday, but what with the vet and then my SIL coming over, and then my having to put clothing on to go to work, it ended up being my day off, so tomorrow, which is my real day off, will be today's Step workout.

I know you're all glad that I gave you that important report.
icare.gif

At any rate, I did KB Way differently today. I did it with shoes
imslow.gif

On Saturday for my "floor cardio" I did a workout I hadn't done in FOREVER -- Leslie Sansone's 2-mile walk! I never do that workout because well, there's just so much stomping in place one can handle LOL, but I actually kind of enjoyed doing it this time, and I put some of my own fancy moves in to spice it up. And you know, I would do this workout just to hear Leslie quip, "Hold your abs in. Hold em in the rest of your life, right? Bahaahaa!" Awesome.

The kitties are doing well today and I feel relieved. I don't have to take them to the vet for another year now! (Knock on wood.)

47b20s0.gif

JENNIFER Oooh, lose fat get rich! Now that's good incentive! I hope someone in your workplace will get into great shape and that the contest inspires many others, too.

MICHELE Oh, it's Nephew Visit time of year, is it! I hope you have a wonderful time. Is this the nephew your DH is looking for an alternative game for practice shooting?

JEN Yay, a nice juicy post from Jen! Your story about Sami and her fear tugs on my heart! I'm so glad that she found you, Jen, really. She is so lucky. She has such a loving family now who looks after her and loves her and keeps her safe. Oh man, it makes me cry!

You met the whole family, eh? Wow, that must have been something! Did you get good vibes from everyone?

>The cookout was for his sister's new baby. She is SO CUTE & TINY! Almost makes you want one... but then I remember you can't give them back when they are yours, LOL!

evilgrin0039.gif

>Will be my 2nd this week. I have stopped being freaked out when I miss days of working out, life is too short to worry about those small things.

That's so great to read, Jen. It's turning out that this new work schedule has been a great influence! (But you better not be too far away from Smileyville, because it's lonesome without you.)

ROBIN Glad to hear you're finally off the antibiotics. Ick.

>No workout today, unless you count bicep-curls-with-wine-glass as a workout!

Bahaaa! Cheers!

DANA I'm still LOL about your giant emoticons. I hope your work situation means you'll be here more often. :D

Okay, I'm off to the shower and then some work and then I'm out for the night to watch a friend perform. I guess I'll have to put makeup on.
rainbowf.gif

Have a wonderful day!

19.gif

Hello Everyone.
Mondays are the worst day for me. But, I only have 4 days this week cause I'm leaving for the weekend on Friday.
August-we need a good squirrel report.
Jen-Wow, you met the family. Hope you had a great time.
Michele-how's life besides extremely busy?
Robin-hope you're feeling better.
Dana, Shannon, Diane-Hello. Miss Ella Grace, where are you?

G'mornin'

***SELF-ABSORBED RANT WARNING***

Part I **INHALE** OMG!! We drove half way to Pittsburgh to pick up our nephew (because his parent's didn't want to bring him all the way here :mad: ) -- the nephew who was supposed to come last week but didn't because his parents wanted to throw a birthday bash for him but they ended up NOT throwing a birthday bash so he could've come last week when he was supposed to and which would've been better for DH and me!! **EXHALE**

Part II **INHALE** So at the rendezvous point we get a call from our DMIL that DFIL is in the ER with a hugely swollen leg and foot -- his bad leg and foot -- and the foot has a big ol' sore that's open, infected, and draining. (Please note that DN is supposed to stay with DMIL and DFIL in accordance with his parent's wishes -- which is probably a good thing, sort of, because he can at least help them out some). So now I have a 15 year old DN to entertain for a week on top of caring for DFIL which will mean running errands cooking etc and so on. **EXHALE**

Part III **INHALE** And DN wants to go home on Friday because school starts next Monday and he wants to have that birthday bash with his friends and who can blame him after all he's a kid but HOLY CRAP his folks expect MOI to drive him halfway to Pittsburgh and it ain't happenin!!!! NO I WON'T I WON'T I WON'T...I'M NOT DOING IT! I have plans . DH and I made it abundantly clear that this was NOT a good week for us, and this was BEFORE my DFIL ended up in the ER with a hugely swollen leg and foot with an open draining infected sore. **EXHALE**

So, my DFIL is home but his foot needs a lot of attention with wound care and dressing changes, and he'll need shuttleing back and forth from the doctor. DH and I left here very early yesterday morning and didn't get home until after 11:00 last night. We were dead tired and collapsed in bed. I'm waiting to hear from my DMIL so I can get my day organized. So far, the plan includes grocery shopping, taking my DN to the movies, and cooking dinner.

** I did 34 push ups today!!!**

Okay, so they weren't consecutive, but they were on my toes with perfect form. I did them in my usual 5 sets like this -- 9, 8, 6, 4, and then I finished off with 7.

Please forgive my totally self-absorbed whiny post. I guess I need to do a better job of rolling with the punches. :rolleyes:

AUGIE -- Thank you for the laugh. You are such a bright ray of sunshine in my life -- ALL OF YOU ARE!!

Holy Crap! I didn't know you had a Leslie workout! LMAO!!! Hey, she was there for me when I couldn't manage any other cardio. I love her.

I'll BBL if I can, and I'll try to use a few more :D

Last edited:
I was just passing through Smilieville when I poor Michele's rant. There, there sweetheart. This too shall pass. And don't you DARE give in and drive your DN home on Friday! I hope you DFIL's foot/leg heals fast.

OK, I'm off to try some heavy weights as prescribed by The New Rules... I don't know, the program seems kind of easy. We'll see..

Waves, hugs, and kishes to the rest of you smilers.

Ooooh, I love Smileyville!

loveshower.gif
loveshower.gif
loveshower.gif

August - I've never tried a Leslie workout, but I have to admire you - walking in place for an entire workout? Yikes. I'm afraid that's one I'd have to take outside and actually walk to.
banana_smiley_28.gif

Jennifer - I'm with you on the Mondays. And I'm also with you on the short week! I'm taking off Friday too!!!
5yjbztv.gif

Cuz - I'm so glad you're practicing all that deep breathing. They say it's very beneficial in stressful situations. ;) But seriously, here's a little kishie for you:
Vishenka_03.gif

I sure hope things get better soon. Your FIL's foot sounds terrible! Does he have diabetes?

WAY TO GO ON THE PUSHUPS!!!!
47b20s0.gif

Robin - Are you reading the New Rules for women or men? I read the one for men and thought the same thing - that the weight work seemed too darned easy. I guess we're just too used to hour-long workouts, huh?

DH just called. He needs 2 dozen cookies for a fundraiser TOMORROW!!
gaah.gif

I shall buy them.

126fs4054730.gif
126fs3187425.gif

Cuz, I got your lovely email but I haven't had even one minute to reply. Please forgive me and here's a smooch for you.
Vishenka_11.gif

By the way, it's nice to see you embracing smilies! :D

Robin -- I promise you I will NOT give in!! Thanks for your support -- at least with your approval I feel like I'm not being mean. LOL!!

When did you start NROWL? How do you like working out without DVD's?

Okay, I need to go. I want to check in with my CC pals, too. I'll BBL if I can.

Hello to Dana, Jen, Jennifer, Becky the push up diva :D , and everyone else, too.
jealous.gif

Last edited:
greenstars.gif

Yeah Michele !!

34 PUSHUPS !!!!! You ROCK !!!!!!

vahidrk.gif

Your Hubby is asking alot , but YES ...........go BUY the cookies !!!
No one will care !!

I did Imax2 today and pushups.
Is there a reason we should be doing LESS on day 4 ????
I mean.......not that I'm complaining you understand !!!
clap.gif

Anyway, don't have anymore time this morning.......time for DH's lunch and them am going with my DD out school clothes shopping.
School starts next week .

Just wanted to say hi to everyone !

I don't know if it worked right for me or not, I am new to the fancy Smiley's but I am trying to fit into Smileyville !
cowboypistol.gif

Hope everyone has a good day.
Michele........Hang in there ! It HAS to get better !!!

Becky

Afternoon ladies!!!
smiley578.gif

Michele - DON"T YOU DARE drive your DN home. I hope that your FIL feels better too. What is your nephew going to do during his visit? I can't believe that he is 15 already. Time flies!!!! Congrats on the push-ups, you're doing awesome!!!! I agree, buy the cookies - nobody will know.
smiley942.gif

Aug - Leslie Sansone?????? LOL I remember my mom got her VHS tapes and lent them to me, it was the 1-mile, 2-mile and 3-mile walk and it came with those little round 1-lb balls. I really thought I was workin' it when I did the 3-mile one. LMAO! Glad that your appt went well with the vet yesterday.
smiley925.gif

Jen - nice to see you! That story is a riot with the 3-year old!!! Kids are so silly.
smiley1123.gif

Hi Shannon, Robin, Jennifer & Becky!!!!:p

The only funny kid story I've got to share is on Saturday, Gannon & I went to the farmer's market and they had 2 alpacha's there, they were fenced in. And he wanted to pet them and so here is how he called them, "Come to papa". LMAO he is crazy. Oh and now when he has to do #2 on the potty, he chants, "do it, do it, do it" while pumping his arms.
smiley1039.gif

I"m at work so I better do what I'm paid to do. Later!!!
smiley1440.gif

Hi ladies. I love your colorful smileys.

Can I join you all?

I thought that I was the only one who loved smileys.

Last edited:
Good evening! This morning's workout was Burn It Up w/ another 20 min butt/thigh floor workout added on. I wanted to do more but didn't get up when Chad did (5:20) so by the time I crawled out of bed at 5:30 & got downstairs to workout, that is all I had time for. Going to try to get up earlier tomorrow & do Firm It Up or Tone It Up & add on the floor work from PLB.

Chad is bringing dinner over tonight... well the meat anyway. He did a cooking show for our local TV station the other day & had to make a meatloaf ahead of time then prepare one during the taping. So we are eating the one he cooked yesterday. I am going to make salad w/ goat cheese, tomato, & a few nuts and the spinach pancakes for the side. This will be the first & probably last night we won't be cooking on the new grill. It is great & so healthy & clean-up is a breeze!

Jennifer- I am sending prayers your way. Hang in there.

Michele- Did your day ever calm down any?

August- We need some new squirrel pictures... do you have any recent ones? I'm sure they've grown a lot since the last one you allowed us to see. ;)

Robin- How are things with you? Glad you got a kick out that story!! Kids & animals can be so entertaining, LOL!

Dana- So how was your nap at work today?? :p

Jazcam/Robin- WELCOME!!! So tell us a little about yourself? I am going to hopefully be around more now, I've kind of been MIA for a month or so... but now that I've started working out in the mornings, I should be able to get here a few times during the week at least! Glad you joined us!

Well I'm a single mom of 2 kids currently moving from NYC to NC this Wednessday. I've been working on the STS series and is up to Work out card #4.

I plan to move this Wednessday and it's going to be stressful
b/c my family is helping me move. Pray for me.

Wow, moving from NYC to NC... what a change! If you don't mind me asking, are you going for a job or just for a change? How old are your kids?

I'm a single mom of three wonderful kitties, LOL! :p I've been dating a wonderful guy for about a year now, I live in Illinois, and work in sales for a mortgage company. Pretty boring is my middle & last name!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.