Simply HATE - Oct 30

August

Cathlete
Good morning!

I had my yogurt with chopped up apple and tangerine for breakfast. I put in some vanilla whey to add protein to make up for the lack of cottage cheese, and it ended up tasting slightly funkified. I guess I got used to eating this particular yogurt without whey. Gotta go shopping today.

Aside from my workouts, I feel like I've been slacking in other areas, so last night I wrote my monthly chart of "things to accomplish" so I'm on schedule and currently have a load in the laundry. Then it's off to clean this apartment and actually get some work done!

LMAO! On Loracj's suggestion, I just went to Hardcore to check out Diane Sue. She looks awesome! The first thing that ran through my head was : I wonder what she eats...and then I scrolled down a post or two in the same thread and found that Jana had asked that very question! Jana, tell me what she answers!

Lora - Thank you again for your suggestions. I've been checking out the yoga workouts you mentioned at Amazon and have also been to Eion's site. I wish there was somewhere I could actually view the workouts. Nevertheless, I'm excited for myself that I'm finally getting an interest in yoga! And I'm reveling at the thought of how I'm now going to start my collection going. Now to just figure out enough of what I want from Amazon so I can have it sent without having to pay mongo postage.

Michele - I used to watch The Power Twins (now that I'm thinking of it, maybe it's two words) when I was a little kid, so I think they're pre-Powerpuff. I think they were part of the cartoons that had all the Superheros like Superman, Batman&Robin, and those guys. I'm so surprised you don't know them! Your DH doesn't either? As far as Superheros go, they were fairly lame LOL. Maybe that's why you don't know them. Hey, did your DH find any shoes? LOL!

Robin - Bahaha, your comments cracked me up! Thanks, I did have a very good sleep. Hope you're having a good one now.

Anyway, yup, I did my discs today! LOVE! I did the Fat Burning Cardio one after I did the last of the three I hadn't yet tried : Gliding Buns and Legs. All in all about an hour, and my HRM was in the upper range throughout. Is this considered HIIT?! LOL. I've got one more day of doing the discs before my TLT rotation kicks in on the 1st. Oh boy! I think I'll do some yoga stretching later this afternoon.

Really, the yoga is making my stomach flat. I kid you not. Knockonwoodknockonwoodknockonwood.

Okay. A toilet scrub awaits.

Have a great start to your week!

August....you are digressing here at Cardiohateville. ie....YOGA....just say NO!!!!

Go back to talking about donuts...I beg you!!!! Besides...I'm quite sure the flat stomach is from the donuts.

Briee (I was just getting comfortable here at the Cardio Haters site and then you spring yoga on me...what IS the world coming to:p :p :p )

August, don't listen to Briee. Remember she's seasonally challenged.:p Yoga is great for your entire body. Plus, I know for a fact Briee skimps on ab workouts.

I'm going to bed now. My laptop has developed a mind of its own and the cursor and letters are popping up all over the page. Or am I seeing things?

Edited to correct the jumping cursor's errors.

Mel...have you hidden a camera in my workout room???? (tattle tail)

Briee (I'm going to do abs right now:p :p :p ).

<Go back to talking about donuts...I beg you!!!! Besides...I'm quite sure the flat stomach is from the donuts.

Briee, it's actually probably from my doing extra cardio desperately searching around for the dang donuts :7. I hope I have another business trip out of Tokyo soon.

Hmm. I'll do something to my posts so that you won't have to be uncomfortable should I talk about yoga. Wouldn't want that.

Can I just mention how much I suck at planks? I know it's totally unrelated, but I thought I'd write it anyway. Robin hates them, too.

Melody - Sweet dreams to you!

And where the heck are you other haters?! Kate! Diane! Jana! Dana!

We all know where Michele is! :p

>Can I just mention how much I suck at planks? I'll accept that.;)

>We all know where Michele is! Doing yoga with dh?????}( }( }( }(

Briee

Hi Ladies - I'm not really going to join your check in since I'm not a cardio hater....but I saw August's comment about Diana Sue and I just wanted to say that she is VERY strict with her diet. I have discussed diet with her and a few of the other ladies on that thread and they have willpower of steel. I don't know they eat so cleanly!

Good luck with your yoga. You can look at reviews at Videofitness.com and see how many people agree that Power Yoga for Happiness is the best....as well as Yoga Shakti. Pop over and let me know if you end up getting it and liking it.

I may stop in and say hi from time to time since I've met you ladies.

Good luck with your cardio hatin!!

I did Barry's Bootcamp this morning Chest and Abs and it only has 20 minutes of intense cardio in it!

Hi, again, Lorajc!

Yeah, well I can say by the looks of her body that her eating is also made of steel! Wow!

Thanks again for your help with my yoga. I'm always over at Videofitness reading up on this and that, so yes, I'll definitely give the yoga workouts a read, too. Thanks! It's only a matter of time before I get them. }(

Please do stop by from time to time and say hi and catch us up on what you're doing.

I'll vouch for the other haters that a workout that only contains 20 minutes of cardio (we'll overlook the intense part :) ) is a good workout.

You guys.

I got home to my apartment and as soon as I was getting comfy, I heard it. I heard the Sweet Potato Man. (For those of you who haven't heard me talk about this before - starting in the Fall, Japan has, of all things, sweet potato trucks that roam around calling out much like an ice cream truck. The sweet potatoes have been sloooooooooooowly baked over hot rocks so that they are incredibly sweet - you'd swear they were pie filling.)

So anyway, I heard the Sweet Potato Man's truck calling my name. I grabbed my wallet and keys and RAN down several flights of stairs (cardio :) ). I ran to the nearest street. No truck. I mustered up any biotic ear power I could, and figured out the truck was to my right. I ran down the road.

Just as I was running down the road, the stupid, stupid Sweet Potato Man drove his dang truck at FULL SPEED away from me and around a corner!!!

I ran to the corner but the street was empty.

It was totally pitiful. ;( waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! waaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

And he would have made a fortune, too.

LMAO!!! (Can't help it, just picturing you running after the truck). OMG!!

Girl, you crack me up big time!

Jeanette :7 :7 :7 :7

Cardio! August was doing Cardio! How far did you actually chase the Sweet Potato Man, August? A Sweet Potato Man does sound like something to chase.

I agree the DianeSue is amazing.

Maybe Michele is doing planks with her DH?

Sorry to have to tell you all, but I plan on enjoying (yes, enjoying) IMAX 3 this afternoon after work. It just seems to go so fast. All the IMAX's do. I love a workout that goes by fastly.

Jeanette, I'll make the picture worse for you - my hair was squished up in a blob on the top of my head with a clip and I was makeup-free.

You know, I've always wondered what someone might imagine I look like from knowing nothing but the words I type.

Robin - Two blocks. But if I must confess, this is not the first time I've unsuccessfully chased after that stupid, stupid truck. But this is the shortest distance. Michele doing planks with DH! LMAO!

Imax3. I remember putting in Imax2 for the first time a few weeks ago. 15 minutes into it I remembered I'm not up to that level yet. x( Maybe that's why I can never catch the Sweet Potato Man.

Hey everyone!

Well I am in the beautiful Mile High city known as Denver. I got in late so I have not had a chance to see much of it. Today is a super busy day seeing clients and a meeting. Ok, let me tell you this time change, good gravy, trying figuring out a 1 hour time change and then Denver is 1 hour behind my normal time.......ummmm....yeah......geeeze I am all confused.

My computer says 7:29, but it's only 6:29. All confused!

Well, lets see I guess I will give everyone the bad news, I have been a little quiet with the whole knee thing, but well, I found out last week that there is too much damage from surgery and therapy that I may never fully heal. There is a 90% chance there is just no recovery. I still walk with a limp, Dr said that would stay that way.
Better news is I have made some calls and there is 1 other Dr who has agreed to see me in December and since he is a little more "outside the box" he might be able to help alleviate the pain. Its been a big "bummer" of a situation, but I still have hope. So, that is the update. You don't know how bad it sucks to see the new Cathe DVDs come out and know that there is no way for you to do them.

Lets move on to something happier. So far I think I like Denver. It's going to be cold. I get to drive to Colorado Springs tomorrow and I think that will be fun!

How is everyone? Michele How is MIL? Spoiled by you!!! You are so sweet to take care of everyone like you do? Are you still doing the cardio coach???

August, well, August what can I say? Are you GI Jane yet??
I am interested in the yoga you are doing. I want to take it up, but am looking for a good yoga. I only like flow yoga not power. I want to move...know what I mean? Give me some details!

Diane how are you?

Hello to everyone else. I have to run and get ready to get going today!

Have a great day everyone!

Hi Everyone -

Jana - I am so sorry to here about your knee. I definitely need to take better care of mine while they still work.

August - What is all this talk about yoga? I guess I need to read the past posts and catch up.

I was out of town for a wedding this weekend so I still need to catch up on past posts. Not much happening over here. Haven't done a workout in weeks and my clothes if fitting tight. I really need to get back into the swing of things but it is hard.

I am still tired all the time, even though I got like 10 hrs of sleep last night. I think I might go to the doctor and get myself checked out. I have had 8-10 hrs of sleep for the past few days so I should feel rested, but I never do.

Good morn..er...afternoon everyone!!

:-( I typed up a big, long post about 2 hours ago when my phone rang and somehow I accidentally deleted it instead of posting it:eek: ;( . Yes, I've been on the phone this whole time:eek: .

Okay, It's going on 1:00 and I don't have time to repost but just know that I was ROTFLMAO after reading this thread. I LOVE all the company we've been getting, and yes Netta, August is a hoot!

Janjan, I am sooo sorry about your knee. I don't understand it. I'm glad you're getting a second opinion.

Diane, did you have a good time at the wedding. C'mon--you and I need to get busy with our workouts. I'm WAY behind on that and NO MORE!! We have to move it to lose it.

The donuts have had a negative impact on my scale:-( . No more donuts for me.

I need more planks instead}(

See ya later, sweet pataters:* :*

I'm up extra early for some reason today.

Jana - That is really awful news about your knee. Does that mean that it might always be giving you pain? I hope you'll be able to find another doctor with a different opinion on what would be best for it. Urgh, just awful. Anyway, glad to hear that you're enjoying Denver. So have you been singing "Rocky Mountain"? Heh, sorry, that was stupid. Bahaha, GI Jane? That's Kate, isn't it? I'll bet she's up to doing those clap-pushups by now! Do you know any good flow yoga tapes? I'm doing my big yoga research now so I can figure out what bunch to get.

Diane - Hey, how did the wedding go? Did DH have jetlag? Was he able to make it through without falling asleep? Yeah, if you're having that much time sleeping and not feeling rested, getting a blood test might be a good thing to make sure you're not lacking in any vitamins or anything. For some reason, I've gotten into the habit of only being able to sleep 6 hours, then having to take a 20-minute nap in the afternoon.

Michele - Two hours on the phone?! Woo, what a gab fest you must have had! We're bummed we missed the post that got away, but thanks for tearing yourself away from your planks LOL. I'm digesting right now. And I'll be doing the Gliding Discs in a couple. :7

More later!

My dvds shipped! I am so excited. Just what I need to whip me back into shape. I didn't overnight them or anything so I will probably get them later this week.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.