Shrinking Violets........Tuesday, 8/15

kmkali24

Cathlete
Good Morning Violets!

Well this is the week I've decided that I am going to start "shrinking" again! One can hope right? LOL!

I got home from the Beyond at midnight and only had some water and 2 hard boiled egg whites! Usually I pick at "whatever" when I get home and pound down 2 beers! I've decided to not drink during the week anymore. Sitting around the pool "having a couple" w/ DH almost everynight, then going out on the weekends is what's killing me.

I have Body Max today on my rotation. It's a longie, but a goodie.

What's everyone else doing today? How was the eating yesterday?

Hope everyone has a great morning!
Kali

www.PictureTrail.com/kkali

Hi Kali. Shrink away, girl!;)

I have a 3 mile (I hope) ourdoor run on tap for today but I am going to try to get in L/B weight work before that to the tune of S&L'. }(

I ended up doing S&L u/b only and skipping my running class yesterday so today my l/b feels better since I rested it. :)

I gotta grab some food before I start my work out so I'll be back later!

good morning incredible shrinking violets, LOl

kali- i need to start shrinking with you. it's funny i've realized how important what you eat becomes in your quest to loose weight/fat. my excercising has been great but since my food hasn't i've either gained or have remained the same:( . good luck!

wendy-you are loving s & l!! i am anxiously awaiting, mine should be here any day now}(

this morning i have a run scheduled. hopefully i will be able to get it in. i got up early this morning, instead of working out. i did more cleaning (ugh) and i have so many errands to get done today. i am preparing my older ds, he starts kindergarten tomorrow:) :(

hello to all who follow.

Kindergarten!!! How exciting! I hope it all goes well for both of you!
Kali- great job ditching the beers! Good luck.

Wendy-sounds like a good one. I am ordering S&L!

My eating got away from me a bit over the last week and weekend. I am really buckling down again, stress or no stress. If my eating is bad, it stresses me more. I am so close to my goal, I can't mess up now. I just have to get that cardio in too.
I have PUB today. I will also do some cardio, just not sure what yet. I did some running yesterday, so I will probably do some step.

Maeghan AKA megadoo

New pics added in July 25 2006 and Fitness album!!!!

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar072/slider-but3/lb/203/145/152/.png[/img] [/url]

http://www.picturetrail.com/megadoo2

Hey Kali,Wendy,and Maeghan!

I haven't been on alot here lately, since I have been busy and still trying to get back on track with exercising. Butt just wanted to butt in here and say hey!:)

Kali-How did your x-rays go on your hip? I am still taking the naproxen and actually been trying to get back to exercising! I don't feel the hip much, but just alittle. I thing the naproxen is masking the problem and will probably hurt worse when I go off it. We'll see! I was just thinking about you and wanted to see if everything is okay!

Maeghan-I am doing like you these days and trying to eat better. I found my pooch was getting waaaay too big!:p Whenever I stress I eat like there is no tomorrow! Yesterday I ate some fruit throughout the day,peanut butter sandwich on sugarfree whole grain bread, and weight watchers cereal. And yes, I ate spaghetti at mom's house even though it is not the best food to eat. Today I ate a plum and grapes for bk.

Wendy- It sounds like you are doing great on the running! I meant to ask you where I could look up these ripper videos and slim and lean. You ladies have peaked my curiosity!

Hey, hope you guys don't mind if I can slip in and join you ladies on the thread!

Have a great day!

I am going to attempt C&W today. My legs give out very quick on step right now. Gotta build them up!

kim

Good evening Ladies!

Body max took forever this morning :-( but I got thru it.

Hey KIM! What's happening? I actually never got my hip xrayed yet since it's been feeling good. (At least if I stay away from the dreaded IMAXES) LOL! I feel it if I sit for a long time a certain way, only certain times. Never when I'm working out. I've been taking Glucosamine Chondroitin for about a month now and I think it's helping. I take Aleve only if I'm feeling it.
Feel free to check in w/ us anytime! I'm glad you're doing ok! I miss checking in like we did last year at this time remember?

Good luck to you too SD! You are exactly right about the eating and exercising. Unfortunatley! Good luck with the first day of Kindergarten! My youngest is starting 1st grade on the 30th and my oldest 3rd! I don't know where the time is going!! Hope you're getting everything done you need to this week.

I'm the same way Meggy w/ the eating stressing me more. It literally depresses me out when I overeat. As long as I exercise I'm usually ok, but some days, if I eat "the crap", I am just miserable w/ myself.

Speaking of miserable, my TTOM is due the 19th so I'm waiting any day now. At least it wasn't 10 days early this time!

Wendy, what did you do today?

Shout out to Jean and Heather and all the other Violets! Hope you're all well!

Kali

www.PictureTrail.com/kkali

Shrinking Violets Check-in

I went to the club Monday after work and jogged in the pool then did some cardio drills. I love my new pair of Ryka aqua shoes. It feels like I am walking on pillows. I can do tuck jumps and ski hops and plie jacks and air jacks in the pool without hurting my joints. Fun, fun, fun! I can even do genie hops and explosive lunges. I also wore my new pair of Speedo aqua gloves. I am amazed at how much resistance they add.

I came home last night, fixed a hemp protein smoothie, boiled some eggs, packed my meals and snacks for today, and did the stability ball abs from Kick, Punch, & Crunch. Pikes are still out of my league, but I was able to do the roll-ins the whole time Cathe was doing pikes. I like saving the ab work for the evening. I also enjoyed the second segment of Total Body Stretching.

I am excited about Cathe’s Behind the Scenes Blog. It will be fun to read updates over the next few weeks. I love sets with windows, so I am looking forward to seeing pictures of the new set.

I slept like a baby last night, woke up early this morning, and did my Bible study followed by Leaner Legs and Pyramid Upper Body (up the pyramid). I think I will do the whole pyramid next week. Cathe’s weight training workouts wipe me out completely. I took a short nap after my workout this morning instead of checking in here. I saved the abs from Leaner Legs for tonight. My abs are sore from the stability ball work last night. My legs and chest are already starting to get sore. I did the third segment of Total Body Stretching. I love this DVD!

I increased my protein intake today. I always crave it when I start adding more weight work to my rotation. Weight training makes me hungry too. Cardio suppresses my appetite. I remember why I love cardio (in addition to the fun factor)!

My goal is to be in bed by 10:00 p.m. during the week even if it is just to read a book and start winding down for the night. I need to keep reminding myself that restful sleep is just as vital as clean eating and working out. My meals and snacks are packed for tomorrow. I am ready for a warm bubble bath and a restful night of sleep.

Blessings,
Heather B.

“So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God” (1 Corinthians 10:31 NIV).

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.