Shrinking Violets TGIF 7/28

Fit_mommy

Cathlete
Hey everyone!:)

I'm a happy camper cause I got new running shoes last night and spent less than expected!:) You know I'm going to the gym today to try them out!}( I also have Ripped on tap.

My food was good all day yesterday w/the exception of my dinner...It wasn't awful but could have been better. I was at my mom's so I ate what she made. Then when we went out for dessert I had a small cup of ff strawberry frozen yogurt while my son had double chocolate fudge icecream!:9 I don't feel particularly guilty about last night's meal so I guess that means it was OKAY! ;) The scale is still behaving as well so that is good too. :)

TGIF girls!:)

Happy Friday Girlies!

YAY Wendy got new shoes! Hope you like them. I wouldn't feel guilty about last night's meal either. I don't know if I would've been able to have the ff yogurt w/ a double chocolate fudge ice cream on the table!! LOL!

My eating has been good too. Probably not eating enough, but I feel good and I am keeping it clean as possible. I haven't weighed myself this week but I've found my abs are flat and more defined again. I keep getting TTOM every 2 freaking weeks, (which is normal for me in the summer) so that doesn't help. I believe it's the workouts I've been doing in the Butts and Guts rotation. I can't wait for that DVD to come out!

Today is KPC but I'm thinking a short cardio and Firm it up from the Slim Series instead. Last week when I did Kickmax, my leg really hurt the next day so I'm leerie of it for now. My leg is feeling really good so I don't want to screw it up.

Have a good rest of the morning all!
TTYAL,

Kali

www.PictureTrail.com/kkali

hello ladies,

still no computer at home so my check-in is brief.

this morning i did turbo jam, kick punch and jam (something like that).

heather- i currently live in winston salem, nc. what do you think of dallas/austin?

have a great day everyone. if i don't get to check in over the weekend...i really hope everyone enjoys their weekend!

Well due to time, I didn't do my plyo moves. It probably is a good thing though, since my knees have been bothering me a bit lately.
So I did S&H bis and tris, and then the shoulder work from ME.

I've just had my WW bagel w/ PB so far, but after I shower I will have lunch, probably a salad.

How are the shoes Wendy?
Kali- hope that leg keeps feeling good. Great job on your abs!!

Maeghan AKA megadoo

New pics added in July 25 2006 and Fitness album!!!!

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar072/slider-but3/lb/203/145/154/.png[/img] [/url]

http://www.picturetrail.com/megadoo2

Hi all, I thought I was lossing my mind. I had posted earlier and then thought it was gone. But thankfully for my sanity we just ended up with two shrinking viloet threads today. I will just copy and paste what I wrote earlier.

Well, I said I would post my weight each week on this challenge, so today is Friday which will be my post date. I missed last Friday due to the reunion so I’ll go back 2 weeks(end of my 12 week challenge) for my start weight.

July 14, 2006 132.5 Shrinking Violets Start Weight
July 28, 2006 131 Accumeasure Body fat = 27.9% Tanita Scale Body Fat = 32%
Total lbs Lost 1.5

I’m going to keep track of both percentages because I tend to carry my weight in my lower body. The tanita reading will tell me if I’m improving that area, where as the Accumeasure will be more accurate for an overall reading.

Food from Yesterday
Breakfast
1/2 cup Oatmeal
1 Egg, 2 egg whites

Lunch
4 oz chicken
1/2 cup brown rice
1 cup broccoli

snack
1/2 banana w/ Tbsp Natural peanunt butter

Dinner (we were invited to a friend’s house for dinner, straight from work, so I wasn’t able to prepare any better choices, so I just tried to eat light)
2/3 Cheeseburger on a bun
Small serving of chips with cheese sauce
3 veggie crackers
1 1/2 Hard Lemonade Lite

Wendy, glad you found new shoes. What kind did you get?

Kali, tom every 2 weeks, that is terrible.

sunnydelite, are you thinking of moving to Dallas/Austin? If you ever come to the dallas area to check things out, let me know, I would love to meet you in person. (that goes for anyone of our group that may travel through the Dallas area.)

Heather, seems like you are finding your zone. Stick with it.

Maeghan, I think it was you who asked the other day, what I do from home. I have a physician billing service that I do from an office in my home. I've had the business for 17+ years.

HC, I was a gymnast too. Man, that was ancient times for me. I can still do a cartwheel and a hand stand and love walking on a curb, pretending its a balance beam. LOL. Oh to weigh what I did back then.

Hello to everyone else who checks in later.

Jean

Good afternoon Violets~

Well I ended up doing the finished combos and challenge from SB and the weight work from SJP. That was a nice little workout I'll tell ya!:)

I just finished a healthy salad. That's all I had so far today. Not enough I know, but DH and I are going out for pizza tonight and I know I am capable of eating 6 cuts of it.

Jean- that is awesome you can still do that stuff! And great job on the weight loss! I will weigh myself tomorrow morning and post it too. Although after the pizza tonight I don't know. ;(

SD- hopes that computer gets fixed soon! Have a good weekend if we don't talk to you!

Maeghan- Good idea skipping the plyo moves. They DEFINATLEY aggrivate "bothersome" knees! What is up with all the knee stuff anyway? It's like an epidemic! I love your pics!!

Wendy where you at? Having a good day I hope!

Well of to do some stuff around the house. Will check back later. Hope everyone is having a great TGIF!

Kali

www.PictureTrail.com/kkali

Hi girls!

I was at the gym and then to the foodstore to shop for my bbq tomorrow! By the time I got home it was time to feed DS and put him down for his nap. Then I started laundry and made a cup o' coffee and finally sat down. Now I need to eat! I had a shake from the gym to tide me over but I need real food now!:9

So I did 3 miles on the TM today. I did the first 2.5 miles as a flat run at my normal pace, the next .25 mile was at the same pace but on a 3% incline and then for the last .25 mile I ran flat again but punched the speed up by .5! The shoes felt good. The real test will be on the road. I am hoping to run a mile or 2 outside tomorrow morning if I can get out there early enough to beat the heat! I am going out tonight though so I don't know if THAT is gonna happen!

I have things to do today to prepare for my bbq tomorrow so I'm not so sure Ripped is going to get done. I always have tomorrow if I need it. If it's too hot to run, I can just do Ripped in the a/c and call it a day!

Jean- I PM'd you!!

Kali-thanks. I don't know what is up with my knees, but if they bother me, I try to take it easy. I really don't want to do any damage you know!

Wendy- glad the shoes are good!

Hello and great job to everyone!

Maeghan AKA megadoo

New pics added in July 25 2006 and Fitness album!!!!

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar072/slider-but3/lb/203/145/154/.png[/img] [/url]

http://www.picturetrail.com/megadoo2

Maeghan, I replied to your email, but it came back due to a spam blocker. If you send me something directly instead of going through the forum, will I be able to reply?

Try this email address: [email protected]

I know it is kind of a hockey email address, but maybe some day I can change it to Iamteenyjeanieagain. LOL

Hey all, quick check in before heading home to South Dakota!

I've done well today, got my water & fruit n veggies in, did NOT steal from the candy dish (though VERY tempted) and am ok for cals, but don't know if I can make it 'til bed--guess we'll see. I'll check in before I catch my zzzzz's...

Today was my rest day, so I did Karen Voight's Abs n Back and walked 2 miles at work. I wonder how many calories I burn if the heat index is 105...

Shrinking Violets Check-in

This was a rest day for me. I am so excited about Cathe’s announcement! :7 She is ready to start filming on my birthday! :7 I joined a 12-week challenge over at the Ya Yas to start training for the new workouts. Supersets kicked my butt yesterday. :eek: I definitely have a challenge before me.

Sunny, I personally would not want to live in either place because I am not a big city girl. Dallas is more conservative. Austin is the most liberal city in Texas. The unofficial motto is: “Keep Austin Weird!” Austin is known for great live music, but I would not want to raise a family there. I vote for Central Texas. You would be 90 minutes from Dallas or Austin and 2 hours from Houston. You would also get to enjoy the scenery when President Bush comes homes with his buff secret service guys! ;-) I had the opportunity to serve them a Thanksgiving meal for the past 2 years, and they are a sight to behold! :)

Jean, I was just in Dallas last weekend for a women’s retreat. The next time I am up that way, I will let you know.

Blessings,
Heather B.

“So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God” (1 Corinthians 10:31 NIV).

RE: Shrinking Violets Check-in

Heather, do you live in Texas? Sorry if you posted this in a previous post, I have a bad memory. I have forgotten where everyone said they lived.

As for Dallas being big city, yes and no. Traffic is not as bad as California and the suburbs of Dallas and Fort Worth are quite charming. Fort Worth is more laid back, country-ish. While Dallas is more, well I don't want to say snooty, but not as relaxed. School districts in the suburbs are really pretty good. Carroll ISD, Keller ISD, Plano, High Park to name a few. I would not have a child in the Dallas school district. As for Austin being different, that is a given, but it too has some nice suburban areas.

Gotta go to bed.

Jean

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.