Shrinking Violets TGIF 11/10/06

kmkali24

Cathlete
Happy Friday Violets!

Well Wendy and SD, I've decided to bite the bullet and do Drill Max this morning. I am not wimping out. I didn't even bother watching it. I saw the drills in cardio fusion so I know what I'm looking at.
If it's too much I'll just modify where I need to.
So wish me luck!

Kim, glad to hear from ya! Don't get frustrated. We're here for you. Just try to do a little something if you can. Just for peace of mind.
((((HUGS))))

What's everyone doing today? DH and I are going out for a few drinks this evening when the MIL takes the boys for a few hours. Not sure if we're going for happy hour or a little later. We're waiting to hear from a friend of DH's.
Doing yard work today, it's supposed to be nice. That's all AFTER Drill Max tho!

BBL! Hello to all the other missing Violets!

Kali

www.PictureTrail.com/kkali

Shrinking Violets Check-in

Good morning, Violets! I was looking forward to Drill Max yesterday morning, and Cathe did not disappoint me. I like every workout in this series so far. Cardio Fusion is another favorite. Who am I kidding? I love all of them, and they are all my favorites! Body Max 2 is still the crown jewel of this series.

The upper body segment of Body Max 2 is more challenging than it feels. My chest and triceps were still sore when I did Drill Max for the first time yesterday morning. Thankfully, this one is basically a legs and shoulders workout with athletic cardio drills. Cathe works every muscle group, but the shoulder work is really tough. It is a little more playful and less intense than Boot Camp. Drill Max has more cardio than Boot Camp and a functional fitness feel. It is just as challenging but in a new and refreshing way. I still love Boot Camp, but Drill Max is more fun. Drill Max is comparable to High Step Challenge in terms of intensity and fun factor without all the jumping jacks. I do not need my rebounder for any of these new workouts. The impact is not out of this world. The length of this workout is what provides an endurance challenge. The only super intense cardio drill is the last one that involves a squat thrust up into a tuck jump combined with a jump over the step. That is like the best of Boot Camp, IMAX2, and IMAX3 in one move! Cathe saves the most challenging cardio drill for last. I was moving much slower and keeping my tuck jumps much lower than my beloved Cathe at that point in the workout. The bomb diver push-ups (as Cathe calls them) are challenging, and Cathe combines them with core push-ups that are even tougher. The push-ups and dips on the stability ball are super advanced moves. I rested my stability ball against my sofa to keep it more stable and was able to complete just a few reps. All in all, Drill Max is another fun workout. I smiled during the playful stability ball drills. Cathe is having such a good time that smiling with her is the only natural response. I am hoping to do Low Impact Circuit for the first time this weekend.

I started coming down with something yesterday afternoon. I had a sore throat and chills, so I stopped by the grocery on the way home and bought some organic chicken broth, whole wheat crackers, and herb throat drops. I did not sleep well last night. Thankfully, today is my planned rest day. I am so glad I did Drill Max before work when I felt good enough to enjoy it. Otherwise, yesterday would have been an unplanned rest day because I felt too weak and tired to move last night. I feel good enough to sit in front of the computer and check-in this morning, which is better than I felt last night.

Kali, have a blast with Drill Max! It is pure fun.

Blessings,
Heather B.

"So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God" (1 Corinthians 10:31 NIV).

RE: Shrinking Violets Check-in

YYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am loving them all too Heather.

EVEN DRILL MAX WENDY!!!!!!! I DID IT! :7 ( I may be dying tomorrow), but I DID IT! And it was FUN!

The only thing I didn't do was pushups on the ball. I got thru all the rest tho w/ no problems. I feel so good. I really didn't think I'd get thru that workout. It's a lot different tho than the Cardio Fusion premix. You do the drill then the weight work. Not one drill after another. "THAT" I think would darn near kill me.

So I am on for Tuesday w/ you guys. I'll just flip flop workouts. I am definatley sticking to this rotation! I think it's gonna kick my butt into shape!

Off to eat and do yard work w/ DH. Talk to ya'll later!

Kali

Kali, HIGH FIVES on completing DM! YES! Told ya you could do it!!!:) I've done the cardio premix of DM where you do all 6 cardio drills back to back...it's a kick-a$$ work out! I have also done the weights only premix after a run which kicked my a$$ as well so I am afraid of DM too but you have calmed my fears some! It probably won't be as EVIL as I am thinking when I put it all together!;)
Have fun tonight. Wish I could go out with you guys! Tell your DH I say hi and your little guys too!:+

Heather, I love the u/b work in BM2. I think it's pretty tough personally and I love the new and different exercises!

Well, I did LIC as produced but left out the abs. I only ended up doing abs y'day (ALL of B&G abs) so I figured leaving out abs today would be a GOOD thing. :p Anywho, LIC is a great work out! No wonder it seems to be a fave around the forums!

Hope everyone is having a nice day! TGIF!

HIGH FIVES back Wendy for doing LIC! AND for doing the cardio premix of DM!!! You'll get thru DM no problem.

DH and the boys said "HI" and they wish you were here too!

We're done w/ yard work for today. Gonna get cleaned up and just relax till the boys go later.

It's the frikin' weekend babies!

Kali

I did some work in the barn this morning, and housework, then I just finished WO.
HSTA cardio and UB premix
IMAX 3 step portion premix
AbRx (which felt very intense this time)
10 min yoga premix

kali- you crack me up! Kudos to you!

Wendy- you have really been cranking out some good ones lately! Good job. We are all going to have to get together someday and work our fanny's off together!

Heather- great job. I hope you feel better so you can get right back into it! You really are doing wonderful. HOw is the light thing?

Kim- glad to see you last night!! Hang in there!

Hi SD and Jean!!

Maeghan AKA megadoo

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=megadoo2&x=15&y=7

hello ladies,

i have been pretty much MIA today-busy,busy day at work. i am still here, just decided to sneak in for a minute to see what my girls are up to:) .

Kali- you go girl!! i am so proud of you. now i've got to find some time to preview dm before i try to do it on tues. how long is the workout ladies?

wendy- you are putting together some awesome workouts!! any plans for the weekend?

meg- so how do you like HSTA? which yoga premix did you do? i just ordered the firm's power yoga. i am hoping i am able to get into it.

today's workout was a spin class at the gym.

heather- so glad you are enjoying the new workouts.

anyone else wanna join our drillmax fest on tues??!!
enjoy your friday!!

Kali, Hope you and DH had fun tonight!

Meg, Dang girl! You kicked some serious booty tonight w/that workout! You go!}(

SunnyD, Apparently today was a DM fest day for others! Did you notice that like 3-4 people over at the Cheetah check-in were doing it today? LOL

Plans for this weekend...well, I am home tonight. Nothing planned for day time tomorrow but a run. My DH is working o/t tmrw night from 7p-3:30a so I am going take DS over to DH's mom's house for the night and go hang out with a friend of mine for the evening. DH and I will go pick DS up Sunday afternoon.

Well, I ended up adding on B&G floorwork to my work out tonight.}( I actually CONSIDERED doing the entire thing but thought better of it as I need to be able to get out of bed in order to run tomorrow!:7 :7 :7

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.