Shrinking Violets - Sun. 8/13/06

dreamyjeanie

Cathlete
Good morning Violets.

I was up most the night working on a project for work so today will be another rest day. This next week will be busy for me so I will check in when I can. Hope everyone has a good week, full of clean eating and great workouts. I'll try to do the same, and not let the stress get to me.

Jean

Hope the stress level stays low for you Jean. Check in when you can.

We are off to a BD party at a park so I don't have time to work out this morning. I am planning to walk when we get back. I walked yesterday too. Felt good for a change. Eating isn't too bad. Hope to
really kick it into gear this week.

How was AC Wendy? Did you "hit it big"? I am planning the GTG for Saturday, Sept. 30th. It is good for Robin. If it is for you I'll post it later or tomorrow morning if you're not here today.

Have a good day Ladies!

Kali

www.PictureTrail.com/kkali

Just wanted to pop in and say hi!
I haven't worked out yet today, but I did 2.5m on the TM and worked back, chest, and abs last night.
Eating hasn't been the best, had IC last night with the boys. But, I am trying to give myself a break since things have been so crazy. Connor still isn't feeling his best. My cold is still lingering a bit.
Today so far was 2 pcs of WW raisin toast, tea, and a salad with tuna for lunch.

I will check back later!

Maeghan AKA megadoo

New pics added in July 25 2006 and Fitness album!!!!

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar072/slider-but3/lb/203/145/152/.png[/img] [/url]

http://www.picturetrail.com/megadoo2

Hi girls.

Here are my work outs for the weekend:

Fri: 1.49 mile run/ Sat: 2.5 mile run/ Today: 3.10 mile run

I ended up coming home from a/c $10 ahead which makes me VERY happy! I bought myself a present today before coming home since I didn't lose any money! LOL }(

Kali, I'll put Sept 30th on my calender!:)

Gotta run!

Hi Meggy! Screw the eating right now. You need a little comfort food with all you have going on! :)

Yay Wendy made out! It is ALWAYS SOOOO nice to come home ahead!!! LOL! Ok the 30th it is! I'll get it posted soon! I'm so excited! So is DH! He wants to know a menu and he says he'll cook! WOO HOO! :7:7

I didn't work out today and I ate like crap at the party. Oh well. I'll be back on track tomorrow! ;-)
I'm hanging by the pool w/ DH so I'll be back later.

Kali

www.PictureTrail.com/kkali

Shrinking Violets Check-in

I enjoyed 3 rest days in a row coupled with a lot of social eating. I did not overeat, but I am still feeling bloated and sluggish tonight after eating more sugar and restaurant food than I have in 6 weeks. My body needed a little vacation, so I gave it one. No regrets.

I have basically been doing fun workouts for the last 6 weeks with 1-2 rest days every week. I am in stuck a holding pattern. I am delighted to discover that maintenance is this easy for me, but maintenance is not where I want to be right now. I am changing my rotation for the next 6 weeks to focus on more weight training and more cardio (with water workouts added to the mix). A friend took some progress pictures of me tonight, and I am ready to start training hard again in the morning.

I have been avoiding the club since March for a variety of reasons (like burnout and feeling self-conscious about my size among other things). You might think I am silly to feel this way, but some people are really rude. Last year, I was in the fitness center talking to a personal trainer friend of mine when an older man walked over to me and interrupted our conversation to tell me that I am too pretty to be so fat. He held up a white towel in front of my body and declared that I am a very attractive woman from the neck up. It was not just a humbling experience. It was humiliating. I felt like an exhibit at the zoo before that. An obese woman in a weight room stands out like a pink elephant in a swimming pool. It has been my experience that athletic clubs are often country clubs for fit people instead of places for fat people to get fit. When I read threads on fitness forums wondering why obese people do not join gyms and do something about their weight, I have to restrain myself. I am humbling myself, laying aside my pride, and going to have fun in that place again come what may. I ran into the club director tonight at the grocery store. Five minutes later, I ran into another member of the club. Okay, I get the message. It is time for me to return.

I am tired of being fat. I am tired of being judged for the way I look. I am tired of people stereotyping me as lazy and uneducated about fitness. That is the glory of these forums. None of you know what I look like. I wish people in real life could see through these layers of fat to my heart. I am not uneducated or lazy. I eat cleaner and exercise more than most of my thin friends (not counting the fitness professionals). Sometimes I wonder if people realize how hard it is to conquer obesity permanently. Then there are the comments about water workouts and home (video) workouts not being real workouts, but do not get me started on that tonight!

I apologize for my hormonal rant. I am feeling emotional tonight for a variety of reasons, and it is better to write it out than eat through it.

Blessings,
Heather B.

“So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God” (1 Corinthians 10:31 NIV).

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.