Shrinking Violets Sept.27

Good morning Violets,

Just finished KPC in the place of step&intervals this morning. It sucks that I can't do step right now, but I will try it in a couple of months. I guess I have to do what the doc says. But good thing is I don't have to see him anymore! Foot and I love that one!:7

Did pretty good on eating yesterday except dh wanted ice cream from DQ and I buckled! But I only got a chocolate ice cream cone! But before and after that I was very good. I am drinking alot of water now, especially at work!

Kali-I don't know about you but I can't wait till that much needed rest day!:p

All of you violets have a good day!

kim

Good job on the work out Kim!

Good morning Violets.

Today will be an easy day for me....Jari's Ripped (yes, the easy one!) and then running class tonight. I'm working this morning so I will do Ripped once DS is down for a nap in the afternoon. :)

Catch y'all after work!:)

Good modifying Kim! Hope the foot heals completely soon. I would totally miss step.

Have a good work day Wendy. I can't wait to get back to my Jari's next week. I am curious to see how stronger I am after doing this rotation.

I am doing bis and cardio today. At some point anyway! I have to wait till tonight, or try when the baby (babysitting) is nappping, but so far he has been unpredictable about how long he sleeps. We will have to work out our routine over this week and next. I would hate to start a WO and then have to stop. Oh well!

Good morning everyone! BBL!

Maeghan AKA megadoo

New pics added in Sept 7, 2006 in boys sept album!!
http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=megadoo2&x=15&y=7

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar072/slider-but3/lb/203/145/148/.png[/

Shrinking Violets Check-in

Good morning! This is my recovery week, and I am having Cathe withdrawals! I am looking forward to returning to her intensity next week.

I took a nap after work yesterday then did Better Burn Better Buns. I really like this workout. Strength in Movement is my favorite TLT, but this one is good too. I am warming up to Tracie even though her personality is a little too clinical for my taste. I love the medicine ball cardio, and my lower body felt good by the end of the hour. I am looking forward to Jen’s workout.

I enjoyed the second segment of Total Body Stretching last night. It is my favorite stretch segment on this DVD.

Did I mention that I am having Cathe withdrawals? I think I am addicted!

Kim, can you do hi-lo workouts? The Kick Max blast challenge is a good (but short) interval workout, but it has a lot of impact. That would likely hurt your foot too. Do you have access to a pool? You can get a great interval workout in the water! A recumbent bike would be a good option too. You can also try using a mat in place of a step for a gentler “step” workout. Cathe did this while recovering from her surgery. Use big arm movements to elevate your heart rate.

Wendy, enjoy your run.

Maeghan, have a great workout today.

Blessings,
Heather B.

“So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God” (1 Corinthians 10:31 NIV).

RE: Shrinking Violets Check-in

kim- don't worry about the ice cream. you are entitled to enjoy yourself! hope your foot heals soon.

meg-how are you enjoying your rotation.

wendy- enjoy your run tonight. i am so jealous of you having a running partner.

heather- you and I both are cathe addicts:+

well thanks to wendy:D i switched out slim and lean and did HSTA this morning. wooowheee what an intense workout. this is only my second time doing this workout. i feel completely worked out:eek: . just when you think you are in tip top shape, cathe shows you who is till boss}( gotta love her:p

i may go to the gym this afternoon to get on the elliptical.

have a great day ladies....

>I did it ladies. I signed up for my first race, on Nov 18th.

YEAY SUNNY! I should scope out a race for that day so I can run with you in spirit! :+

Hello Violets

This morning was a 30 min walk with the dogs. Tonight will hopefully be spin class followed by some weights, since I'll already be at the gym. I haven't been jogging in 2 weeks and my presistant hip pain is starting to go away. Here I thought I was being a slacker, but maybe it is just what my body needed. Not sure when I will try jogging again. I want to be a runner so badly, but maybe it wasn't meant to be. Time will tell.

Glad everyone is getting their workouts in. If I don't get another chance to post this week, I hope everyone going to the NPGT has a great time. Take lots of pictures.

Jean

Hello Ladies,

I'm am off to pick up dd from cheering practice and take her straight to dance class. I am pretty exhausted from work and wish my nap could have lasted longer! I really can't wait till my rest day on saturday! My legs need it! I need to do coremax 1 sometime tonight and I may add in a stretch!

Kali-where are you at girl? Did you survive yet another day of butts and gutts?

Heather-Thanks for the idea of the Kickmax blast challenge! That will give me an idea the next time I have to modify! Yeah, I can still do high impact, it's just step doesn't do well with my achilles tendon while it is healing. I had surgery back in March and it is taking time to heal. Good thing I can do everything else! I've been told that step is the worst workout for achilles tendonitis. But trust me I will try this old foot sometime soon with step again! I love it too much! Athough I am happy to be doing all I can do now, when I couldn't do anything a year ago!

Will get back to everyone tonight!

Gotta go!

kim

Where are you violets tonight? I am headed to my cozy bed!:) I have been carrying dd around all night to all of her functions and I am zapped! Wasn't able to get coremax1 in today so I will put it in tomorrow!

All violets have a good night!

kim

Running class was fun. We did interval work again. Great 30 min cardio work out!}(

LOL :7 ,do you wanna laugh? I fell at class tonight! ROTFLMAO! We did our warm up run in a wooded area w/lots of tree roots and I unfortunately allowed myself to "zone" too much and immediately tripped and fell! I got dirty and sustained 2 bruises-on on my leg and the other on my ego :p -but other than that I am fine! I brushed myself off and kept on going...hardly missed a beat! LOL

When I did Ripped this afternoon I upped my weight in about 1/2 of the exercises so I am hoping for some DOMS come the morning!}( }( }(

Tomorrow I am planning for the elliptical...

Have a good night!:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.