Shrinking Violets Hump Day 11/08

Fit_mommy

Cathlete
Morning Gals!

Today is a class at the gym called Boot Camp! It's new! I'm excited to try it! What is everyone else doing today?

Shrinking Violets Check-in

Good morning, Violets! I was looking forward to enjoying one of Cathe’s cardio premixes Monday morning, but my butt was way too sore for that. I drove to the club to jog in the pool because I was hoping that the warm water would be soothing. A storm hit right when I arrived with the wildest lightening I have ever seen. It made me want to sing, “How Great Thou Art!” I was not able to get in the pool or the hot tub, so I returned home and jogged on my rebounder and previewed the first third of Body Max 2.

I am delighted with the workouts I have previewed and experienced so far. Without a doubt, Cathe has exceeded my highest expectations. These workouts are so good that I have no desire to do anything else. They are fun and effective as well.

By the grace of God, I experienced Cathe’s Body Max 2 for the first time yesterday morning and lived to write about it! I was crawling to get my weights during the upper body segment, but I made it! Based on what I have previewed and experienced so far, Body Max 2 is the crown jewel of this series. It was filmed on my birthday, so I consider it to be a belated birthday present! I am amazed because this is the one I was least interested in based on the initial descriptions. Thanks to the fantastic premixes too, I will get plenty of mileage out of this DVD.

The step choreography is so much fun. It is not as complex as Step Blast or as dancy as Rhythmic Step, but the fun factor is just as high. I was smiling the whole time. Cathe combines fun new moves with old favorites. Her cuing is super in this series. The music is very energizing, and the pace of this one is fast and fun. I usually exercise before my first meal, but I definitely need to eat a pre-workout snack like a banana next time. I started running out of energy during the power circuit segment and had to pause and refuel my body with an orange before continuing with the upper body segment. The power circuit segment reminds me of IMAX2 with standing leg work after each blast. The upper body work on the stability ball is fun and reminds me of Supersets. The ab and core work is fun, but the balancing snow angels are way out of my league. I just smiled at Cathe during that exercise. All in all, this workout is a blast!

The set and outfits are so pretty. The brown pants match the trees in the background! Oh, the little things that thrill me! I am very visual, and Cathe’s new set makes this workout more enjoyable for me. It looks like a real dance or aerobics studio, so I feel like I am experiencing a live class with Cathe and the girls.

I am looking forward to giving the premixes a whirl. I am amazed at all the options this DVD offers. I love the workout as presented, but it could easily be split into 3 short workouts as well. Cathe put together a bonus cardio segment with all the finished step combos. That plus the upper body segment would make a great workout. I am also looking forward to trying the cardio premix as well as the premixes that transform this into circuit workouts similar in style to Cardio and Weights and Boot Camp. There is a “scrambled eggs” premix that is a lower body circuit workout. I am still looking forward to Drill Max and Low Impact Circuit, but I feel confident that Body Max 2 is the way to go if someone wants to start with just one of these DVDs.

I am delighted that Cathe decided to send replacement DVDs to everyone who ordered. Thankfully, she made my decision for me. I have been praying and trying to decide if I should ask for replacements since my DVDs play beautifully in my Sony DVD player. They freeze in my RCA DVD player, and that player handles Cathe’s premixes better. I did not feel peace about asking Cathe to spend more money shipping replacements to me, but she wants everyone to have the highest quality DVDs possible. That is so sweet of her. She is even replacing the Cardio Fusion DVD that was a gift. Her customer service is outstanding.

I jogged on my rebounder this morning and started previewing Drill Max.

Blessings,
Heather B.

"So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God" (1 Corinthians 10:31 NIV).

RE: Shrinking Violets Check-in

good morning Wendy, Maeghan, Heather and all to follow.

Heather, hats off to you for finishing Body Max 2. I attempted it this morning and could only handle 30 min. That is one that is going to take a long time for me to be able to handle the endurance. Usually I feel good after I work out, but right now I just feel drained. Of course it could be that I've been poisoning my body with Halloween candy for last few days.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Jean

Hello ladies,

today's workout was the shoulders/back and abs from barrys bootcamp. then i tacked on the non-treadmill cardio portion. great workout!! my legs are slightly sore from yesterday's workout.

wendy- i know from cheetahs post you enjoyed your bootcamp. i am so glad. how does it compare to cathe's? did you get your new jari yet?

heather- so glad you are enjoying your new workouts.

jean-gotta love halloween:9

meg- oh, forgot about those, hehehe. i need some also.

have a great hump day ladies!

I copied this from another post. It's about my class this morning so if you've already read it (Sunny!LOL), you can skip this post!;) :

Well, I must say that this Boot Camp class is AWESOME! What a butt whooper!!! OMG! LOL It's set up in stations:

station 1: tricep dips off bench
station 2: squats and calf raises holding SB alternated w/ squat jumps holding SB
station 3: push ups
station 4: lunges holding body bar
station 5: step ups w/knee lift and shoulder press
station 6: db back rows with tricep work and calf raise
station 7: forward jumps and side hops alternating back and forth

After a warm up she had us go through each station once (done for 1 minute each) and then we did about 5 minutes of high intensity cardio before beginning the next round. We only had time to go through the routine 2 or 3 times but I was sweatin' friggin' buckets! There was some good ab work at the end as well!

Heather: I find myself utilizing the premixes of Cathe's work outs more often than doing the original as produced. I also will mix it up on my own. I love the variety it adds!:)

Meg: I'm sorry for adding yet ANOTHER item to your ever-growing list!:p If it makes you feel any better I intend to add the BBC work outs to mine!}(

Jean: Keep at it and you'll be able to do BM2 in full before you know it!:)

Sunny: I don't have the new Jari yet. :-( I can't wait to get it now though as it's going to fit in PERFECTLY with all of these circuit work outs that are happening!;) The class today, BTW, was as tough as Cathes IMO...just set up differently. :)

Hi Violets!

Heather- I've been doing a lot of premixes. I'm glad you're enjoying your workouts.

SD- great workout. Glad to hear your legs are sore.}(

Jean- halloween candy will do that to you. My MIL gave my DH and I are own goody bag for Halloween, and he got a can of cashews and I got a box of 100 calorie hershey chocolate covered pretzel bars! Was that cool or what!!! Too bad that's not the only candy I ate! x(

Wendy- whoa.

Hi Meg! What'dya decide to do?

I just got done w/ LIC in it's entirety FINALLY! What fun it was!:7 And it FLEW by! Tomorrow is a run and abs from B&G's so I'll do cardio and that. Have to preview B&G's tho. Drill Max too I guess since Wendy and I are doing it Friday. x(x(x(x(

BBL!

Kali

www.PictureTrail.com/kkali

Kali, I had my rest day scheduled for Friday but if this is what it takes to make you take on Drill Max then I'll switch it!}( }( }( :p :7 ;)

Oh Wendy. Would you? You just want me to do it already. LOL!
I'll let you know by tomorrow night. I'm going to watch it and decide if I'm ready for it.

You go w/ your bad self Meg! Imax 3 WOO HOO! Better you than me sister!! :7:7:p

Kali

www.PictureTrail.com/kkali

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.