Shrinking Violets Check-in for Saturday, October 14

BelovedHeather

Cathlete
This is my first check-in since last Saturday. I have been battling the blues and sleepless nights all week. I was cardio crazy the first half of this week, did no weight training all week, and rested Thursday and Friday. After eating too much sugar, I stayed up late waiting for the video clip of the new workouts to be posted. It is official. I am a nut! I could not get the video to play on my home computer, so I drove to the office after midnight. It was worth the drive! I love the music. I hope that song is in one of the workouts. These workouts look like they will kick my butt! I never dreamed of cancelling my preorder, and I am confident that these DVDs will be worth the wait.

Hopefully, I will be able to sleep tonight. I ordered a light box (at my counselor’s encouragement) so I can start light therapy for treatment of SAD. Right now, I am fired up about these new workouts. I am looking forward to a good Cathe workout in the morning, but I need to get some sleep first.

Have a blessed Saturday.

Blessings,
Heather B.

“So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God” (1 Corinthians 10:31 NIV).

good morning,

heather- we missed you. thanks for the reminder about the clips. once i finished posting you know where i am going:p

today i am participating in a 4mile walkathon to help cure diabetes. the weather has been so nice here lately and today it's going to be chilly:( . i know i will have fun no less.

have a great day to all the lovely violets:)

Good Morning Violets.

Heather, I just watched the clip after reading your post. The workouts look awesome! I spotted some new moves in there that made me think "NO WAYwill I be able to do THAT!!!" LOL :p

Sunny, A walk for diabetes...I should do that. It's in my family on my dad's side. My son could have it/get it. :-( I definatley intend to do something for cancer research...so many in my family have been stricken by that. It's so friggin' depressing!...ACK! Sorry to be such a downer! Have fun today Sunny!:+

Well I am back from my POWER class at the gym. It felt GREAT! I LOVE that class!}(

Gotta go shower and pack now! I'll be back tomorrow...at SOME point! LOL I plan on going for a run on the boardwalk in the morning. The COLD sea air should wake me right up!:p

Have a great weekend Violets!:*

So I'm ready to go and now I have to sit and wait. HUMPH! I'm not used to being ready EARLY! I am usually the LATE one that everyone else has to wait for! LOL I should have done cardio this morning! Oh well....

I wish that Heidi and Karen would come back!

Good morning, Violets! Thank you for the encouragement! After a few hours of sleep and my Bible study this morning, I decided to do a circuit workout. I pulled out the Low Impact Step DVD. The cardio and weight circuit premix was just right for my energy level today. This is a fun workout, and it makes me smile and feel good. I am looking forward to a nap this afternoon.

Sunny, I missed y’all too. I cannot believe I did not post anything here for a week!

Wendy, I saw those wild moves too! These new workouts will kick my butt! Enjoy your boardwalk run!

Hugs to all the Violets who check-in today.

Blessings,
Heather B.

“So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God” (1 Corinthians 10:31 NIV).

wendy- you are so funny. my mother has diabetes and of course both dh and i have people in our family that have/had cancer.:-( . it was a really fun walk.

heather- enjoy your nap:)

where are all the other violets????????????

Heather. That’s too funny about driving to your work computer just to see the clips. I watched them this morning. They look like a lot of fun (and an amazing workout). Hope the light therapy helps get back to a regular sleep pattern.

Sunnydelite, enjoy the walk. Hopefully not too chilly. My mom and BIL also have diabetes.

Wendy, heading to the coast. Sounds like a nice getaway.

Well today will be DOR for me. I’ll have to rearrange the rotation, but that’s ok. Just have too much to do today to fit a workout in. Last night was dinner and a movie with DD and DH. We saw Man of the Year. It was pretty good. Tonight we're going to see a band that comes through to one of our local restaurants every couple of months or so. They're pretty good and they have a great name. "Pull My Finger" They play classic rock.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Jean

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.