Shrinking Violets Check-in for Monday, November 6, 2006

BelovedHeather

Cathlete
Good morning, Violets! I had a blast with Cardio Fusion Saturday morning. :7 I am expecting this one to be my favorite DVD of the bunch! Cardio Fusion is fun, fun, fun! :7 I love having the cardio segments on one DVD. I am so glad Cathe decided to take care of her cardio lovers by blessing us with this fantastic surprise! :) This one will keep me satisfied for months until Cathe is ready to film another cardio workout. I am a choreography lover too, and this workout is a blast because Cathe included all the finished combinations with no breakdown. It is right up there with IMAX2, which is a personal favorite! The Body Max 2 power circuit segment reminds me of IMAX2. I love Cathe’s circuit training and lower body workouts too, so I am delighted with this series.

The new set with trees outside the windows looks just like the view outside my living room windows. I feel right at home with Cathe and the girls. The picture is crystal clear, and the music is very energizing. I love the outfits and makeup too. Cathe is radiant and naturally beautiful. Everything about this series is sweet, simple, and pure fun. Cathe’s personality shines through, and watching her makes me smile because she is having so much fun. :) This is a treasured addition to my collection of happy workouts with over an hour of non-stop cardio fun. It did not feel like an hour, and I was not ready for it to end. The intensity is just right, and the choreography feels fresh. I love it! This series has the potential to produce great results in the long run with a more moderate intensity that will be easier to sustain on a regular basis. The impact is not over the top either. This workout is all about fun. Cathe even makes a cute comment about playing peekaboo with the stability ball. The Hardcore Series was hard work. It is time to play with this series.

I wore my new Nike Shox Turn and Go cross training shoes for the first time Saturday morning. These shoes are very cushy with more lateral support than my other shoes and are perfect for this new series with more athletic choreography. I will still need my dance cardio shoes for Rhythmic Step and other dancy workouts with more pivots and turns.

I did Butts and Guts for the first time yesterday morning. If the rest of Cathe’s new workouts are as much fun as this one and Cardio Fusion, Cathe should call this the Fun Max Series! :7 I love the playful warm-up with the stability ball. :) This workout is tougher than it looks. My butt was on fire long before the first firewalker. My legs were shaking during the one-legged squats. I did not attempt the bonus footage because my butt was burning without leg presses. I really enjoyed the forward thrusting hammer punches, the freestanding lunge and squat combination, and the low pulse lunges. I hate floor work with a passion, but I do it for Cathe. ;-) Butts and Guts is just as good as my beloved Leaner Legs with a new set, cuter outfits, and the addition of floor work. It has the variety of Legs and Glutes but flows better and feels more complete with barbell squats. The standing leg work is tougher than Gym Style Legs. There is something about the way Cathe sequences the exercises in this one that makes it fun and effective. Even with the rest of Cathe’s lower body workouts in my collection, this is a must-have workout and a keeper for sure! The ab and core work is fun and tough too. After playing with this workout “as is” for a few weeks, I may eventually split it and do the standing legs and abs one day and the floor legs and bonus stability ball abs later in the week.

My butt is too sore for a cardio premix this morning, so I am going to the club to jog in the pool if I can waddle my way down the stairs. :eek: Ouch! Hopefully, the warm water will be soothing. I am looking forward to giving the other workouts a whirl this week.

Blessings,
Heather B.

“So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God” (1 Corinthians 10:31 NIV).

Morning Heather and all who follow.

Heather, I agree about the new set. I think it's so pretty. :) Very different from her past sets.

Kali, Did I miss something here??? You quite the Beyond!?!?!?

Sunny, Hey girl! What happened to running OUTSIDE y'day? :p

Meg, HSTA today, huh? }( }( }( }(

I ran 5k with my friend y'day and have a power class and possibly a short TM run on tap for this morning.

Oh and btw...my butt is STILL sore from B&G's standing leg work the other day!!!!:+

Have a great day!

RE: Shrinking Violets Check-in for Monday, November 6, ...

Happy Monday Violets!

Yes Wendy I will no longer be traveling to "the Beyond"! My friend who is a manager at the store I'll be working at actually was shopping in the Beyond and offered me a job. It's like 3 min. from me! Plus she's basically giving me the same schedule as I had there but I don't have to work til midnight! :7 I'm off to get ready as we type! LOL! So wish me luck! Glad to hear your butt still hurts.

Heather, I agree about everything you said. I too am a cardio junkie. I didn't try Cardio fusion yet but I am loving the combos in BM2 and I just did the cardio combos of LIC. Tonight I'm going to do the entire workout.

Hi to Meg, SD, Jean, Kimmy, and anyone I may have missed! Have a great Monday Ladies.

I'll talk to you after work! :)

Kali

www.PictureTrail.com/kkali

Hi everyone. Hope your weekends were all good. I thought I posted last night about mine, but I cant find it. Anyway, mine was spent in a one day trip to see my brother before he moves to Thailand. So my 3 sisters, mom and brother and I all got together and had a nice visit. This morning I got up and did LIC. Fun, Fun, Fun. I only did it on the 6 inch and will have to work my way up to 8.

Kali, good luck with the new job. Sounds like it will work well for you.

Heather, glad you're liking the new vidoes. I love your reviews. Did you major in journelism? You are are great writer.

Wendy, enjoy your power class. Your sore buns makes me very afraid to try B & G.

Maeghan, have fun with HTSA. Tell us how you liked it.

Kim, hows your foot be holding lately?

Sunnydelite, I'm thinking about doing the Nov. rotation once I get a chance to try all of the new DVD's

gotta, run,

jean

Hello everyone.

Jean, What takes your brother to Thailand?? I have not done LIC in full yet but I did do 2 of the step segments on 8" and it wasn't bad. I normally use 6" myself. Don't be afraid of B&G just because I got some DOMS! It's tough but lots of fun! Many of the moves are new and different so it keeps the interest up even through the pain! LOL }( }( }(

Meg, Done HSTA yet? :)

Kali, How was your first day at the new job?

I took my Power class this morning (yes, it's lifting w/a barbell). I LOVE that class!}( I was going to do a short TM run afterwards but my IPOD needs to be charged. I didn't feel like taking the chance of it dying out on me before I was done so I nixxed it. I'll be doing the Cardio Blast premix of DrillMax in a few mins instead! I can't wait!}(

Ciao bellas!}(

Wendy, my brother is going to live in Thailand. He just retired from the Navy(30 years active duty) and his wife got a job at the US embassy in Thailand, so now's its his turn to follow her around. They are the ones that lived in Japan, that I went to visit over the summer. They seem to like living in different locations. I like visiting different places, but not so sure I would want to live in all of them.

Jean

Jean, I give folks lots of credit who can pick up and move so far away from everyone and everything they know and start a new life. I am not like that. I could never live the military lifestyle. I think it would kill me. :-( Good for them if it's what makes them happy. I wouldn't mind traveling for an extended period of time to "see the world" but I'd always want to know that I can come back here (home) when I was done. :)

Cardio Blast Premix of DM is done! WHOA! What a work out! It's only 36 minutes but holy moly! I LOVED IT! It's tougher than doing 1/2 of IMAX 2 IMO! It also worked well because my muscles were already worked hard in my power class and the drills just magnified that!}(

Hey guys,

Wow! I had a busy weekend with the kids b-day. We took about eight teenagers to the movies and out to eat. They weren't that bad though. I did manage to do B&G floorwork and abs premix. That is very tough! It was tougher than I thought it would be. My legs and my abs are killing me! So today I may do the cardio premix of Drillmax or Cardio fusion. It depends on how my foot reacts. I haven't done any high impact cardio for a few weeks. Trying to let the foot recover.

I will check back in later after my workout!

I have off this coming friday!! Yaaah!!:7 :p :)

Hello to all the lovely violets!

kim

hello ladies,

late check-in here today. i didn't think i was gonna get a chance to workout today but i got in some new workouts and had to try. i did barry's bootcamp chest and abs. i skipped the cardio portion because my knees were achey from yesterday's run.

have a great night all!

Kim, Glad you liked the B&G floorwork! I haven't done that yet. I did, however, do the standing portions and WOWZERS! I also did the abs! Good stuff! Glad the teenagers weren't horrible for you!;)

Sunny, So you got a work out in after all, huh? Good for you!

Meg, Oh yeay I am so glad you enjoyed it! It's a TOUGH but awesome work out! I gather it's goin' on that mile long Christmas list of yours? ;) }(

Meg isn't it great when wo's fly by?

SD hope your knees feel better. I hate knees.

Kim,how did you make out? Foot ok? I don't know about Drillmax. I'm not rushing to do that one.

For the exact reasons that Wendy posted. Great job Dude.

Jean, glad you had a nice visit w/ your family. I'm only using 6"'s for now. Then I'll work my way up. LIC is so fun aina?

I'm tired. I'm going to bed.

I did the cardio premix of LIC this morning and the LB circuit premix tonight after being on my feet for 6 hours. That being said,
"Goodnight Violets".

Kali

www.PictureTrail.com/kkali

Kali, You are crazy girl! No wonder you are tired! Sleep hard!:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.