Saturday in the CHEETAH den!

gwd

Cathlete
Good morning Cheetah babes!

Sorry for the super quick fly by (again) but I might have time to check in tonight from my mother's house...fingers crossed on that one. I had an AWESOME run this morning!!! 5.6 miles in 47:00...I wish I had kept going for 10k as that would have been my fastest by far but I just ran out of time. AAAAAAAND I think I've got the blister/insole problem solved....YAY!!!

Just want to say good luck this weekend to Wendy and Shelly! GO GO CHEETAH BABES!!

TTFN. I hope everyone has a wonderful day!

Good morning, Wendi, and all the cheetahs to follow! :) :) :)

Oh, how I heart Saturdays. *sighs blissfully*

First order of bidness:

Shelly ~ fleet feet vibes comin' atcha!!! Can't wait to hear the race report. Pics, too, please. :)

Wendi ~ WTG on the stellar run. Glad to hear the blister problem is history.

Jennie ~ if it persists another week, I might seek a second opinion. IA with Dallas -- an orthopedist or podiatrist, perhaps someone who specializes in sports medicine.

Dallas ~ not sure if you'll pop in since you've got a busy weekend planned, but I'm glad to hear the school drama has been diffused. I don't remember it being that nasty, either. Great job doing the stairs in spite of the weather.

I have a chiro appt. this morning and am anxious to try the orthotics during my long run today. Gotta get 'er done today since tomorrow is expected to be stormy.

Have a great day, everyone!

Had to http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/th_edit.gif to fix typos.

[font face="bradley hand itc" size=+2]~Cathy[/font]

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/exercise/th_SnowBunny_tns.jpg
http://img16.glitterfy.com/53/glitterfy084824T933D37.gif

"Do you want to feel my spatula?" Run, Fat Boy, Run

Good Morning Cheetah Babes. :)

Well this Cheetah has officially gotten out of control and is pulling back the reigns HARD as of Monday!!! I have been feeling a little larger and softer around the middle then usual and got on the scale this morning to find out that I've gained about 3.5 pounds from all of the eating out and CAB consumption (Thanks GH!) I've been doing over the past several weeks!x( x( I need to stop the madness NOW or I will surely regret it! In fact, I already do!;(

So today is a rest day but I might do some light cardio if I have time. I have to clean the house though so it depends on how long that takes me. We are leaving here around 4 to take a ride to Long Branch. I have to pick up my HM bib and goodie bag today. This event is so large that they do not allow for bib p/u or registration on race day so all I'll have to do tmrw is show up and pee before it starts. This makes me happy as I'll be a ball o' nerves in the morning! In addition, DH is dropping me off so I won't have to worry about parking. THIS makes me ECSTATIC!:7 He will not hang around but plans to come back at about the 2 hour mark to watch me finish though. :)

Off to grab more java and then I will try to re-create y'day's lost personals...

Wendy - After seeing the kids play GH yesterday, I got the itch myself. So last night, I resumed where I left off (stinkin' hard level) and only lasted for about 30 seconds of "Talk Dirty to Me." http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/th_wah.gif

Frustrating! *lol*

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/exercise/th_SnowBunny_tns.jpg

Okay, here I am to try again with the personals!:p

Cathy: I hope your appt goes well this morning as well as your long run. What's the mileage up to? Good luck with the new orthotics!

Wendi: Great run! Enjoy your visit with your family! Is DSO joining you for the trip?

Judy: I'm sure doing NROL 4x in a week one time is not going to cause any problems.

Kath: Good job gettin' that run in w/o the caffeine. You are a braver soul then I! I can appreciate the early morning work outs for sure but I MUST be caffeinated! LOL

Carole: Glad you are enjoying Ropesport! I had to remind myself to NOT use my jump snap this week. Can't have sore calves on race day!:eek:

Christine: So did you find out anything about your raise? How was your evening with DH's old friends?

Dallas: I feel for your DD. I was not unlike her when I was young. I got into trouble a few times because I had friends who were "bad" and managed to talk me into doing things I wouldn't normally do. OOPS! :eek: Oh and btw, this isn't the race that our dear Shelly is joining me for. She'll be with me for the 18 miler in October. I'm going this one alone!

Jackie: Hope you enjoyed 4DS BootCamp torture! }(

Shelly: Enjoy your massage today!!!!

Lorie: Can't wait to meet you on the road trip!

Cathy: DH and I played GH last night. We are on medium level and have to beat Morello to move on. We both tried and failed last night so we played some easy songs and some medium songs and will try again another time. I can't believe you are on hard! You go girl!

Wendy ~ I think I'm gonna hafta go into practice mode to get anywhere on this level. I'm so bad! Have a hard time using all the frets...The scheduled long run this week is 6 miles. I don't know how it is up by you, but it's lookin' pretty ugly out there today.

Yes, it's dreary today but I don't think we've gotten any rain...YET! I just hope we don't get rained on later at the expo. x(
DH put GH on expert last night for a goof and tried to play one of the easy songs...That didn't work out AT ALL! LOL :7

Good Morning Cheetahs!

Cathy: How long will your long run be? Grading can be so tedious. I hope your new orthotics work well with you. It seems as if you are being very smart about your training.

Wendi: I am not a bowler. Just don't have the hand eye coordination thing going on. Sorry for your team.

Judy: Your dress sounds nice. You should post a pic of yourself in it. Have a great time!

Kath: I ran a race ONCE without coffee. It was a 10K at the very top tip of the upper penninsula on lake Superior. I didn't have a choice in the matter, I was in the middle of nowhere and the motel didn't have coffee ready. I made it, miraculously. Haven't ever had the courage to do it again though. Those catty girls drive me crazy. This year has been tolerable with that. Sorry for your DD. Kids can be so mean.

Carole: Well, the trout do not get that big here. They are a LOT bigger in Montana. It's hard to catch big trout on a fly. My DH's biggest is 24". Any races in your future?

Christine: Thank you for the instructions on glittergraphics. I'll try and tackle that today. Sorry your boss is a procrastinator. How was the night out last night?

Dallas: I'm thinking my screen name will be up north cheetah. What do you think? Sorry your DD had to go through so much with those catty girls! Sounds like she turned out well. :)

Lorie: Glad your having fun with the coach!}( Sorry for all the other drama though. Good luck and take care.

Jennie: Your ankle issue sounds like more than your doctor is making it out to be. I'd go see someone else.

Ok, I'm off to relax and drink coffee. I'm not sure what my workout will be. Enjoy the morning! :)

Gloria,

ENJOY YOUR COFFEE! I already did that and ate breakfast. Now I actually need to go do something constructive. BLECH! LOL

Shelly: Yay for unemployment! I was very sentimental when I left the west last summer. I couldn't keep it together when I said good bye to my friends. I cried the first hour of the drive. ;(

Gloria

Good morning cheetahs

Cathy...I think you were great to bring Guitar Hero and oh...yummy soft pretzels for the kids to relieve some stress, I bet they had a good time on their Fun Day!! I always feel better after a chiro adjustment myself...Scrabble was always tough for me, but Scramble (Boggle) comes alot easier...Good job on the 3 miles after school yesterday. I hope the orthodics make your long run more comfortable today.

Wendi..great run this morning!!

Wendy...ropesport is definitely fun...so far the jumping has not made my calf's sore...yet...:)...Hope you get some nice goodies in your race bag...Good luck making the August RT..you will have a blast!

Gloria...24' is a good size trout. I caught some King Salmon a bit longer than that last year in one of our lakes...I need to get rid of some nagging injuries before I feel good about a race...

Christine...Did you find out about your raise?? Do you like to watch Hockey? I never got into that sport...Since you liked Boggle I challenged you and Cathy to a game of Scramble...:)..I tentatively checked around for Chicago flights last night, I think the one landing about 2:40 Sat afternoon will be the one I choose.

Dallas..I hope the principle can help get things straightened out for your DD's class issues. We do have Poison Oak here but I have managed to avoid it, on any trips to the bushes....:)..Not a Lost fan but I do like Grey's.

Jackie...I am enjoying Jumpsnap as it is easy to add on to any cardio for a longer workout. Also, I had my brows waxed yesterday with the cold wax. Not nearly the same as the hot as far as my skin...it is not pink and sore at all today...:)..So I am sticking to cold wax!

Judy...I could always clean more...my house is Far from spotless!!

Kath...I always enjoyed crossword puzzles as a kid. I do them now from time to time.

Shelly...how cool you get to be a bum!!! Great parting gift from your co workers!!! I felt pretty good on the run yesterday. I am hoping the injuries are finally leaving...How was the massage yesterday??? GOOD LUCK today, and let us know how it goes!!!

Lorie...I am passing on the RT this year. I hope you have a great time...:)

Today I am planning on another Amy kickbox mish mosh and then off to church...

Have a great day...:)

wt-now, you have me VERY intrigued about coming to chicago. i was interested in going before (and maybe running although i hate having to raise money to run), but now i am especially interested. expect an email!;-)

dallas-i think you've been around long enough to know about the whole vegas wedding saga. if you don't, trust me, it's not worth repeating. at any rate, i think that was part of what helped me come to my decision. there's just too much water under the bridge and if i have to think SO MUCH about a decision like that, then i don't think it's right for me.

wendi (aka super fast cheetah)-wow on your run! i am glad you have the blister/insole issues solved. you are one fast cheetah! wtg!

wendy-i can't WAIT to hear about your run. you are going to do awesome. i usually love going to pick up my stuff because they have all kinds of exhibits and fun stuff to buy. YOU GO, GIRL! i am sooooo psyched you are going on the august rt!!! we might have to go on a short, little run just so we can cheetah together!

gloria-thanks for your support. it's been a looooooong road (as most of these ladies know) and i have a feeling it's not totally over. x-df is very persistent when he knows what he wants. so, i noticed you are a teacher. i am a school psychologist. i love working with the kids (i work with middle and high schoolers. you will see a lot of middle school humor from cathy and me! }( )

carole-i would have LOVED to meet you on the rt. are you thinking at all about coming to chicago?

i slept in today and have no idea what i will be doing for a workout. i did NROLW yesterday and am liking it. i have DOMS because yesterday was an "up the weight" day. every two w/o's you are supposed to lift heavier than before, but you also lower your reps (this time from 15 to 12). i know i really need to do some cardio today, but with the pouring rain, it won't be a run outside. i also feel the need to see eoin. i haven't seen him in a while.
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/7/7_5_144.gif

YAY FOR SHELLY AND WENDY!!! have fun!!! you know all of us will be there with you in spirit. that's what i thought about when i did the HM in november (as well as on a lot of my runs)!

Hello ladies,

GO SHELLY GO!!!! can't wait to hear your report.

wendi- glad you enjoyed your run this morning!!

wendy- good luck tomorrow on your 2nd HM. you are da' woman!! afterburn is from alwyn. did you check it out?

judy- you can find afterburn info at www.alwyncosgrove.com

lorie- glad you are enjoying nrolw

cathy- just keep on practicing!!

christine- did you see they have a kb workout in shape mag? kb's are taking over, lol.

gloria- love your new cheetah name!

carole- enjoy your kb mish/mosh and church.

today my oldest ds ran his first 5K!! we did the race for the cure. he stopped about 3 times for maybe 30 secs. took us 40 minutes. i am so very proud of him:7 :7

unfortunately no pics because dh had to work x( and i didn't want to have to run with a camera. the only pics we have our the ones we took with the team (YMCA). so as soon as those are available i will post!!!

Hello Weekend Cheetahs-

This morning I was up early and called my Dad. We went to our local public market in the city. He was very nostalgic about growing up in an Italian neighborhood and working at the market as a teenager. It was interesting to listen to him talk about not having a car and buying all the family food at a local outdoor market in the 1920s-30s. We got some great deals on produce. I may try to go on a few Saturdays when scheduling permits. Since arriving home I have completed my NR workout for today and enjoyed a post workout smoothie. Now it will be laundry and a few chores. Then I am going to splurge and get my hair put up for tonight.

Cathy- Did the rain hold off for your 6 miler? I hope so! The GH comments crack me up. My kids are crazy for it, but I admit I have never even tried it.

Wendi- What a super run you had! And HI five! for having no blister/foot problems!

Wendy- Nice plan to have SH drop you off and get back to watch later. Good luck ! I will be thinking of you :) :) :)

Shelly - ditto above!!!!

Lorie- Trust yourself w/ x-DF issues. The memories of last fall are still pretty apparent. I am sooooo glad to have a Catheite to kabitz with about NROL4W. I only have 3 workouts left in stage 1 and then the special A & B. Today I did workout #13 and I upped my weights on all but step ups. I was needing every bit of those 60 second rests!

Here are my stats:

Warm up: WU of B&G (needed my Cathe fix)
Squat: 74.4# 2/8reps ~~~ yaowza this was hard!
Push up: 3/13 feet on 8" step
Seated Row: 62# 3/12 reps
step up: 20# DB each hand 3/12 reps (I focused on landing on a mostly straight leg, as directed, to make the leg on the step do even more work. This really gets the hips and is the NR way of doing it. It is not like Cathe's leg presses where she has you bend the leg you land on)
prone jack knife on ball : 3/18reps

Gloria- I like your new Cheetah name!

HI to Dallas, and Kath and Carole and Linda and Thomassina

PS Carole- I think you would really like NROL.

[font color=lime green][font size +3]Judy "Likes2bfit"

***Eat Food. Not too Much. Mostly plants. Michael Pollan[/font]

http://img109.mytextgraphics.com/myrainbowtext/2008/01/24/c07d67f3a8d2bfed065f377ce1494b6c.gif

100_0013.jpg

100_0012.jpg

Just some pics of my dog. I am learning how to use my camera. YIPEE!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.