RT Tuesday June 12

LauraR

Cathlete
Well, I’m starting again, today. If you get sick of my starting our posts so often, I’d be happy to post on the previous day’s post. I’m just not sure anyone’ll go back and read it. I’m just so far ahead of you guys time-wise (between 7 and 10 hours, depending on where in the US you are), and if the internet’s on . . . well, I’d better go for it. So, I know it’s fun to start the thread, and I’m happy to change the way I do things if you want.

I was so excited to do personals on Sunday that I forgot to tell you about my workout. It was one of my checkpoint days on working up to Cathe’s weights on ME. For me, that has mainly meant adding weight on legs and working up to on-the-toe push-ups.

Well, I did the squats at 40 pounds like her, lunges at 20 pounds (just below her 25), and the last of the “killer-challenges” for me on ME was the push-ups. Well, I did them ALL on my toes (after the 2 sets of pec flyes!). At that point you’re supposed to move on to triceps, but I couldn’t because I was CRYING!! No, not from pain, but from the joy of having actually gotten that close to my goal. (I have another month, and I can sure add 5 pounds to my lunges in that span.) I thought, “Oh, good grief. I’d be embarrassed for anyone but a true Cathe fan to see me now!!!” So, I had to share with you girls. It was one of those crazy moments that only you could understand!!

Vicki—You go girl! Study hard for that PT exam. I’ve seriously considered doing that myself. I’ve become known here among the expatriate community as something of a health and fitness guru, even though I have NO formal training in it, and so they come to me for informal advice. It’s gratifying, isn’t it, to be able to help people do something positive for themselves? And I haven’t done half what you have. I’m just thrilled every time I get someone hooked on Cathe!!

Mona—You’ll have to tell me what it is about fishing can ‘hook’ you (yes, pun intended!) because I’ve never understood!

Kara—The other day, I realized that, in regard to books, I could sound like an ostrich in the sand when I said I didn’t want to read a certain book because it was negative. As a French and English student and teacher, I have CERTAINLY read tons of heavy, difficult fiction. I don’t shy away from it. Just in certain cases, with certain books, or at times when my teaching schedule has me reading lots of tough stuff. (And I love mysteries, as well, and can list several that I've enjoyed, if you need some new ideas.)

Liann—WTG on the push-ups. I’m just behind you girl. I can do 3 sets of 12 on my toes. Still working up!

Kim—welcome back. Great job working out on the road. That’s HARD!

Gin—Wow to your running 3 miles and THEN doing Cathe, too. The books I suggested to Kara were the #1 Ladies Detective Agency. They’re about a lady in Botswana, but they are SO wonderful, even if you don’t know anything about Africa.

Robin—Imax 3. Wow. I've done that one several times recently, and then today I did Imax 2. It almost seemed easy in comparison. Ok, obviously, I mean “easy” in Cathe terms, not in real-world terms!! It's still a killer. And thanks for your advice on my OD thread!

Heather—Yes, I’ll be in Ft. Worth for all of September, October, November, and most of December. I totally cracked up on your post yesterday when you were talking about the breakdown of your diet. You said, “I know this is against the grain, but I eat 60% carbs.” I know you didn’t mean it, but it made me laugh because, of course, most carbs ARE grain. So you’re not really AGAINST the grain, you’re FOR it. Get it? Anyway, I had to chuckle at the unintended pun.

See you girls later.

Laura, there's no problem with you starting the thread. Whoever gets here first. I know what you mean about the tears. I imagine there will be some joyful tears in August too.

Cathe's rotation calls for the S&H series this week. I don't have them, so will be substituting PS. I'm not sure which one I'll be doing later on.

I'd better get to work now. Have a great day all.

Hello all!

Just a quick check in this morning then I'll BBL... I woke up really late this morning after a late night on the phone with a friend and I need to get the day moving!

Going to the basement for some GS legs then later today a walk with DH.

Robin: So sorry about your friend. Hang in there.

Laura: It's great if you start the thread! I am always glad when I sign on and someone else got us started.

Okay, off to workout... then at least one hour of studying before the madness starts!!!

Have a great day!

Good afternoon roadtrippers!

This morning I did Cardio Fusion Mixed Cardio Premix. That is one tough workout! I never can do those cardio blasts back to back, so it took me about 10 min extra to finish the workout. I don't know if I'll ever be able to do the football drills and finish all 8 burpee/tuck jump/jump over and over the step, but I'm going to keep trying. After that I did chapter 7 of Ab Hits. How amusing that I used to think the planks from CTX Kickbox were the toughest thing ever. Compared to PUB or KPC, those are a walk in the park!

Hi Laura - Fishing. . . . well what got me hooked (you did it first! :p ) was going offshore on my honeymoon in Cabo San Lucas. We got into a mess of yellowfin tuna and the fight was on! I fished here and there before that, but that's what really got me addicted. I don't get offshore often, but I go down to South Padre Island for the redfish a couple of times every year and I'm happy fishing Galveston Bay for trout, flounder, and reds whenever. It's about being outside and enjoying nature as much as anything.

Hi Robin - Enjoy your PS week! I'm looking forward to mine coming up in a couple of weeks.

Hi Vicki - I hope you enjoy GS Legs - good luck with those slow lunges!

Good Afternoon RTers!

Today I did PLB and section 1 of Stretch Max. That stability ball section was an ouchie! I may also walk tonight.

Kim--I enjoy SJP. One of my favs. I guess it's the music.

Kara--I like to read true stories. I guess that would be non-fiction!:p I like biographies, but will read other types also. No science fiction.

Laura R--WTG with the pushups!! Thanks for the book recommendation.

Robin--I am also doing Cathe's June rotaion. Just started this week.

Vicki--Do you walk everyday?

Mona--CF Mixed cardio...Whew! :p Major Sweatfest! I did SB yesterday...fun! Have never done the sb/sjp step & weights premix,though.

Heather--How far are you from Ft. Worth? I am in FW.

Gin:)

Hi ladies! Just a quickie for me. I plan to do S&H Legs tonight followed by some work on the bike and maybe some abs. Had one little indulgence today - a piece of yellow cake without the icing. besides that, my eating has been very good.

Hopefully, I will have some time for personals later. Hope everyone has great workouts today! :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.