RT - Saturday, May 26

Liann

Cathlete
Hi ladies! Yesterday I did Lomax. For some reason I had a really hard time making it all the way through and only finished 40 minutes of it. My body just wasn't keeping up. It's strange because even when I'm totally bushed, I can usually still push through Imax 2, but Lomax had me whupped. Anyways, for being such a slacker, I made myself do about 30 big girl push-ups and another 30 knee ones. I can only stand sets of 15 for the big girl ones, but that's an improvement over 5 (which is all I used to be able to do).

I'm getting ready to go to my nephew's graduation now and will be busy with that and his party this evening. Hope everyone has a great holiday weekend!!!

p.s. Harvey is doing really good. He is on day 4 now and weighs 35 grams and is 4" long. He is eating like a pig and doing his "business" on his own. I'll get an updated picture of him the next time I feed him. :)

Hi everyone...

Liann: good for you on the push ups!! I have a love/hate relationship with them! BTW, I love the name of the bunny, Harvey. We are actually going to be starting rehearsals for the play, Harvey for our community theatre in a few weeks, I will be playing the sister and I am really excited! I was laughing at the name of your bunny when I saw it because I got why you named him that!

This morning I taught cardio/sculpt and this evening I am going to do some cardio on the elliptical and some more abs.

Thanks for your birthday wishes yesterday!

Have a wonderful and healthy day...

Good Morning
Did Imax 3 last night it was hard because my legs are still sore from B&G! Today is SJ&P I might do boot camp instead not sure for some reason SJ&P isnt one of my favorites I think its the music.
Off to work
Randi

Hey.

It's funny because I got on here all ready to talk about the great workout I had, and Randi says it's not one of her favorites. LOL. :)

I did SJP today and I love it. I love the music. I love the choreography. And, perhaps because I started with the FIRM, I'm a big fan of Cathe's circuit workouts. Also, I have limited time for working out (don't we all!), so I feel those workouts maximize the time I spend by hitting both cardio and weights.

I'm always singing along with this video (if I have any breath), so I love it on the triceps section when Cathe says, "Oh, you know you're singing along. But you're supposed to be focused, so quit your singin' and contract those muscles!" :)

The extra leg focus I've been doing has really paid off. I used a 35 pound barbell for squats and 20 pounds for lunges (OK--I did have to take a short stretch and water break between legs). I still impressed myself. I've never lunged with that much weight except on PLB (no low-ends on that one!). ;)

I've also been please how working legs has actually HELPED with cardio. I thought it might be problematic to be doing so much weight work. But, because so many of the intensity blasts require you to jump, then having better leg strength has actually improved my performance there.

So, there's my Ode to SJP. Maybe I'll inspire Randi to give it another whirl. ;)

BTW--I do always do this--post and then remember other things I wanted to say.

Belinda--we got a whopper of a rainstorm tonight just before dinner. I was thrilled! The other day it was SO HOT here and the power was off. Today we had power and rain! :) Woo hoo! So thrilled. SJP without AC is just not do-able!

Kim--I have Christi Taylor's Hi-Lo Heaven. It's hard for me to not do Cathe, but that's a fun one to throw in every once in a while. I remember reading that she also has step workouts and thinking that, as complicated as her choreography is, there's no way I could handle a step workout that she had created. I would break my neck for sure! It's a good thing for me the one workout I have of hers is on the floor--one level surface!! ;)

Road Trip Check-in

I am still running the race and fighting the good fight. I confess that I am battling a strong temptation to send the white flag up the pole. The thought of working out twice a day again is overwhelming. I got used to coming home after work and relaxing. Translation: I got lazy! I have not yet been able to get back on track with double workouts other than my friend’s class once a week. I am hoping that the fresh start a new month brings will inspire me. You would think the Road Trip would be motivating me. I definitely have a challenge before me. It is not unique, but I am.

Yesterday’s workout was Stretch Max, and today’s workout was the Butts and Guts warm-up, leg blast premix, and abs. I am reworking my rotation to add the extra cardio my doctor prescribed. Adding it on top of everything else I was planning to do is too much. One of my problems is that I am tired. I have been getting to bed too late every night. I need to take this week to catch up on my sleep so I can have the energy to take on this new challenge.

When I returned home from church tonight, I was delighted to see a ladybug running around in my living room! That was my warm fuzzy for the day. This was a restful day. It was a rainy morning, and I stayed in and relaxed.

I did have some progress to celebrate yesterday in another area. I received a note that the maintenance guys would be doing a quarterly inspection. It took me less than 5 minutes to get ready for them. I usually stay up all night cleaning and clearing clutter before anyone enters my home. I am thankfully making good progress in some areas of my life. My finances are improving every month too. We will not talk about my weight. I am not looking forward to posting my official results this month.

Liann, I have always wanted a bunny! When I was a little girl, we always had baby bunnies like Harvey in our yard.

Vicki, happy belated birthday!

Randi, Boot Camp is fun too. You must prefer more athletic and serious workouts. The Body Blast Series is more playful.

Laura, I love Step, Jump, & Pump too. It is one of my favorite circuit training workouts of all time. I love the music, and hi-lo is fun for me. I also enjoy Kari Anderson and Christi Taylor for hi-lo. I can do Kari’s step. Like you, I have never attempted Christi’s step! Cathe step choreography is my personal favorite.

Blessings,
Heather B.

“Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us” (Hebrews 12:1 NIV).

Hi ladies,

todays workout was B&G" Floorwork and Abs" premix 49 min. and Core Max " Tough Core premix 18 min.

I am flying to Germany Monday morning and will not check in until the 13 or 14 June more like the 14 June ! If I am at my sister's house I will check in! I will miss all of you! I will try to check in tomorrow!

Laure I am glad you had rain! Woo hoo!

Take care
Belinda

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.