RT Fri June 1

LauraR

Cathlete
It's June! And it's Friday!

Tess, thanks for the help explaining DOMS! :) Now if I could just get rid of it that easily!

Mona, being 5'8" does help with the 2 riser thing. I watch Cathe back on Body Max, knowing now that she's only 5'2", and think, "How does she do it?" I did Body Max the other day and used ONE set of risers! :)

I need some motivation today. It's GS-Legs, and there's definitely a dread factor. Those s-l-o-w lunges at the end of the standing work are killers!! Tess, I still haven't done GS-BBS. Maybe this Sunday. I have done the GS legs several times, but just not the upper body workouts. I have trouble fitting those 3-day splits into my busy schedule. So if I do a split, it's usually something like PLB and PUB, or something else that puts ALL the upper body together in a day.

Well, I'll get back to you later to see if I manage to convince myself to do this workout!!!

;(

I did it! The whole workout! Even the slow motion lunges. I've never been able to use any weights on those, but at first I couldn't even do the whole exercise. After the "down and hold" when they did low-ends, I had to go all the way up and down. Now I can actually do the exercise with proper form--just no weights yet.

Also, I did the one-legged roll-ins for the first time. It used to be too hard, so I just did 2-legged roll-ins the whole time.

So, after a little groaning to get started, I did my workout!! :)

I had a cheerleader, too. My 2-year-old came in to "watch" and tried to follow along some too. ;-) She watched me do the squats. Then, when I moved on to lunges, she called to me. Imitating the squatting motion she said, "Mom! I want you to sit down on your bottom like this!" LOL! I said, "I'm finished with squats. Now we're doing lunges." So she tried those, too. Kind of wobbly! Having my kids want to come in and exercise with me is a dilemma. They are very distracting, so I really don't enjoy having them come in. At the same time, they get a chance to see what I do, and I think it encourages them to consider exercise a very real part of a normal life. So, sometimes I will let them in to watch. They always have strict instructions to watch quietly and not disturb mom. By the time I finished today, I had all 3 kids in here with me!! Yikes. :)

Good Morning RTers!

Today I ran 3 miles with my friends and then did Baron Baptiste's Unlocking Athletic Power yoga. Does anyone have this one or the others that were sold with it?

Liann--How is your knee today? Does anything help or do you just have to rest it?

Laura--Good for you for completing GS Legs! Those one legged squats kill me every time! My kids used to watch me exercise when they were little and now they are 20 and 23! Whining dolphin lady music in RS?? I've never noticed that!:eek:

Mona--I forget that you are in Houston. I grew up there and still have family there and go to visit fairly often. I live north of you in FW. You made me laugh with the "Groundhog Day" comment. I never thought of turning on a Cathe for background music...hmmmmm!:)

Lara--What cardio are you doing today?

Have a great day all!
Gin

Laura - Congrats on doing GS Legs! For me any leg workout carries a dread factor. I love working the upper body, but hate working the legs and butt although I like the results from doing it.

Gin - Good job on getting a 3 mile run in! My knee is feeling a lot better today. For my knee, I just have to leave it alone. I think it actually gets fluid behind the knee cap and it is the pressure itself that actually hurts. If I leave it alone, it goes away. I will probably be good to start working the lower body again next week.

Hi Mona!!!!

Tonight will probably just be some ab work if I can make myself do it. I've been a crampy bloated mess this entire week, so my workouts have really suffered and I have done pretty much no cardio! I need to get back on track this weekend and try not to fall off the eating bandwagon! I feel like now that I am so close to the road trip, I am starting to "self destruct" exercise and food-wise. I need to get back to where I was when I first signed up!

Hi everyone!

Hope you are all having a great day. I can't really do personals because I am a bit shaken up. I just responded to a thread on the Open Discussion Boards ( Do People Really Eat This Way) and had quite the rant. It just touched a nerve for me. If you read it you will see why. I am usually not very controversial here on the boards ( I hate any negativity, life is too short) but the whole subject and tone really got to me for very personal reasons. Now I'm so nervous I am going to get blasted for my opinion as I have seen done to others in the past.

Anyway, I taught class this morning and I think more for my mind I am going to go out for a walk in the beautiful sunshine. I would still like to do KM premix so tonight if I am really motivated I might do it... we'll see. I am pretty sore from class right now!

I hope you all have a wonderful day! Thanks for giving me so much to look forward to in August, you are all a great bunch!!

Vicki - I think your post was very very good and well worded. A person would have to be a real jerk to blast you for it. And if they do, you've got plenty of us who will stick up for you! :)

Thanks Liann... remind me I owe you a big hug!! ( Make sure it's before we work out 'cause I get really sweaty!! LOL)

Vicki - I must say, I can't wait to meet you! You said you hope to help people one day and I truly believe if people start reading this post they will agree that you already have. What a woman of character and compassion!!!:)

And look at how far you've come! Wow, what a testimony. You sure inspired me.

I just have to say, thank you that you responded to what they said!

Vicki - I just read through all of the posts on that thread and I just have to say that one in particular infuriated me. I can see how you were so upset! I tried not to do it, but I just had to comment on that post. Now I'm woried about getting blasted! :/

p.s. I'll take you up on that hug, sweaty or not, lol!

Thanks you guys...

Tina: can't wait to meet you as well. The girls here on this thread are so sweet and kind!!!

Liann: I just read your post and you were 100% correct! That one killed me too! I mean are you kidding me? Voluntarily uninformed? Toxic... I really have no words. Your response about the insurance thing was dead on! Oh, and don't say I didn't warn you about the sweaty hug ;)

Vicki, I am sure you will not get flamed for your post. It was extremely articulate and you made some very good points. I cringe when I see threads like these because it just opens the door for self righteous "we're better than them" attitudes. I guess I'll have to stand in line for my hug and hey, what's a little sweat between friends?

Aw Tess, all I can say is that as long as you have my coffee and PB then in return I'll be happy to give you the sweatiest hug of all!! ( and hey, thanks for the support! I already feel I have known you forever!):)

I can't believe it's June already! This year is just FLYING by!!!

Laura - Those slow motion lunges are absolutely a killer. Do try the upper body GS workouts if you have a chance. They are really effective. I am constantly in awe of Cathe using 2 risers at 5'2". Seeing you're 5'8" would make that easier, but I still don't have much of an excuse at 5'6-1/2".

Gin - I'm listening to Cathe do C&W cardio and compound weights premix right now, since that's tomorrow's workout. ;-) If you're ever visiting and want to get away for a lunch or something, let me know.

Liann - Take it easy on yourself if you're crampy and bloated. Listen to your body and drink plenty of water. I have to say I don't miss having TTOM at all. Hope you're feeling better soon.

Vicki - I thought your post was wonderful. You spoke from experience and humanized the conversation. Very thought-provoking. Thank you for being brave enough to post.

Tina and Tess - I'll get behind you in line to give Vicki a great big hug!

Today's workout was KPC Cardio Conditioning and Abs. That convinced me that it's the time of year to get my workouts in early in the morning, before the sun heats things up too much. I didn't work out until around 2:00 and the AC wasn't 100% keeping up with the heat by that point. So now I'm a sweaty mess. Blech!

Well, I did do GS-chest and tri for the first time the other day. I really liked it. Hoping to fit the back, biceps and shoulders GS in on Sunday, but it may be a busy day.

Gin, do you mean Ft. Worth? I'll be there for the bulk of our furlough. Maybe we can exchange info in NJ and actually have a RT buddy nearby (well, for at least the duration of my furlough). :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.