RT Checkin Thurs. 5/3

copwife

Cathlete
Yay! I get to start us off today:) (it's the little things we find enjoyment in, right?)

Todays workout is HSC.
I have to say I am still feeling the Bootcamp workout from Tuesday in my abs, especially the obliques. I did notice Cathe working those alot in that workout.

Hope you all have a great day!:)

Michelle

Hi Michelle! I love boot camp...yes, she does a lot of core work in this one.

Last night I did Muscle Max. The more I do this workout, the more I like it. I am noticing some strength gains from this rotation. I started 3 weeks ago. I've been doing PS 3 day split, 2 cardio days, and one total body day each week. I have one more week of PS but I'm debating if I should move on to S&H after that for 4 weeks or go right to gym styles? What do y'all think? I've never done either so not sure what they're all about.

Tonight will be Kickboxing, either KPC or a Kimberly Spreen...probably KPC since I did Cardio Camp last week. Have a nice day everyone.

Hi Michelle! Hi Tess ATL!

Last night was LIC premix! I absolutely love LIC!

Tess - I've never done S&H but I can tell you I really like Gym Styles!

Michelle - Don't you just love it when you have that soreness and you can exactly what body part you worked? Sometimes I think to myself while working out, I just don't feel it - and then the next day I feel it and I think I have to do this again!!! }(

Have a great day everybody!

Hi, everyone.

Kara, I just want to say Kudos to you on your first Imax. I remember previewing Imax 2 and thinking, "this is insane!" Now I love it. I'm definitely with the crew that ranked it as one of her most fun workouts.

I also want to chime in with everyone who has one cheat day per week. That has been one of the keys to my success. After my last baby was born, I was on furlough, and working out was tough to fit in. 6 months later, I still had 25 pounds to lose. I've been fit all my life, even after my first 2 kids, so coming up with a strategy for some significant weight loss was new. The secret for me was eating 5 times a day, just 300-500 calories at a time, so I wasn't hungry, and then allowing that one cheat day so that I didn't go crazy. (And, obviously, lots of Cathe videos!)

I also have a couple appointed times in the week when I always KNOW there will be temptations. For example, our mission organization has a devotional every Wednesday night. There is always some delicious, high-calorie treat. Instead of torturing myself every week, I plan ahead and allow myself a small serving of whatever is there. But I know in advance, and so I don't allow that to be an excuse to blow the whole day. Making those allowances and not trying to be ultra strict has made it work for me. I've kept 22 of those 25 pounds off for 20 months now. Stress and some weird schedule stuff has allowed those 3 to creep back, and I'm planning to lose them before furlough (along the scheme to match Cathe's weights on ME.)

:)

I'm headed to bed now--it's 10:15pm here. The rest of you have a good day.

Laura

Howdy roadtrippers!!!
Yesterday I did LIC cardio premix, so much fun!!! The time really flies by in that workout! Today I am doing PUB and coremax segment 2. At the end of this week I will have officially completed my first Cathe created rotation (I didn't have enough DVD's before). I must say, I have definitely seen results in this month. My cardio endurance is WAY better (I'm not a big fan of cardio in general x( )
and I have even seen some strength gains and more abdominal sculpting. I'm really psyched, I don't know which rotation I'm going to do next!!!

Have a great day everyone, I have to do my workout! I really have to do it b/c I had cupcakes and champagne last night at my friend's house. YUMMY!!!!

Josie

Hi all!!

I have been gone the last two days... I missed you girls.

I have so much going on here. Nursing a recurring back injury, but today it is much better so I am back on track.

My two older boys are making their confirmation on Saturday so I am a little crazed. There is no time to prepare! I am trying to get the house in order and tomorrow I have to go buy all the food. We are just doing a barbecue for the family and a few friends. I have to have everything ready by tomorrow afternoon though because tomorrow night my boys band is playing a gig at a pretty great place ( kind of a big deal to be asked to play there! They are opening for a huge Zeppelin tribute band!! Cool!) Anyway, we have to be at church at 9:00 on Saturday morning, so, let the craziness begin!!

Tess... I love the GS workouts, they are just kind of long on time if you do both upper body together, although there are timesaver options. Actually, GS legs is one of my favorites!! I always get a great workout. I don't have S&H so I can't say anything either way. Hope your back is better! ( did you lighten up on MM, young lady??)

Laura... I just read a whole thing in a fitness mag. about what you talked about concerning how to keep weight off. I have prescribed to this for 6 years now... Even if you have something a little indulgent or not in your plan, don't let it ruin the whole day, or week, or whatever. I know for years that was my problem. I kept setting myself up to fail by giving up every time I had something bad. Well, tomorrow never came, and I ballooned!! So, now, I do see that even if I have a meal that is not ideal, the next one is going to be healthy... I don't blow it till tomorrow anymore!! Good point you bruoght up!

Tina... I'm with you on LIC, love it!

Josie... reading about your rotation is tempting me to try one. I am so glad you have found success!! Way to go!

Michelle... LOL at finding enjoyment in the strangest things! Yup, that seems to be the way!! For instance, coming down the stairs a little while ago and finding my boys along with a friend lazing on the couch when it is the most beautiful day outside. I was like the Drill Sergeant, yelling for them to move their fannies and get outside and DO something!! I emphasized ( in the nicest way possible, of course) the fact that their ol' lady mom has already worked out, taken a long walk, cleaned half a house and is teaching class tonight!! Well, the looks on their faces were priceless as they slowly walked out with tortured, painful looks ( okay, so they went to school, but, ya know!). Now, THAT was enjoyable!! LOL!

Okay, babble over, I'm off to the cleaning! Looks like teaching class tonight will be a break from the madness! Hopefully the boys/man in this family will pick up where I leave off!

have a great evening...

Tess: S&H is more intense than the GS workouts. I did a GS rotation and then did a S&H rotation. I guess I had the mentality that I worked myself up to S&H. However they are both awesome weight DVDs so I am sure you will have great results either way.

Laura: I have had a lot of sucess doing the whole small meals and some cheats in moderation also. I think it is one of the best ways to lose weight and not feel hungry all the time so you end up binging.

Josie: Congrats on finishing your first rotation

Today I went out running. I am still trying to build up some running endurance. Last summer I could run 45 minutes or so without to much pain}( However once it got cold I was silly and stopped. Oh well I am on week four of my program, four more weeks to go...

Have a nice day everyone......Jacqueline

Hi RTers!

Today I did LIC Cardio Timesaver primix + Core Max complete core premix! I also love LIC! I fit in my old capris again, I lost 6 pounds since last month! I am so happy !I do like to eat! How can you not loss weight with Cathe's workouts!LOL!

Tess I like both S+H and GS! The GS are alot of fun! Great workout!
I still can't get enough form Pure Streangth series!

Josie I did LIC today too! This is such a fun workout! Time went by fast! I do like the premix workouts this month!

Jacque have fun with your run!

Vicki have fun with class tonight! What are you teaching tonight?

Best wishes,
Belinda

Happy Thursday everyone! One more day until the weekend!!

Michelle - Cathe does do a lot of oblique work in Bootcamp. The first few times I did that workout, I remember being desperate for a simple, standard crunch.

Tess - Since you've been doing PS, I recommend S&H then GS to shake things up. The slower pace of S&H challenges the muscles differently. Just do a couple of weeks of S&H unless you have really good concentration. I do enjoy S&H but it can get booooring after a while.

Tina - LIC is one of my absolute favorites! I think I did it 3 or 4 times the first week I had it because it was so much fun.

Laura - ME is one tough workout! Best wishes on matching Cathe's weight soon. I always get a chuckle on that workout because Cathe says something about the increasing the weight for leg press above the 10# plate once you're comfortable with the move. I'm like, no thanks! I'm liking 10 #s just fine, thank you! (Disclaimer: I have tried it and it can be done; I'm just not interested in heavy leg press on this workout.)

Jacqueline - I've done the same thing with running a few times myself. I lose stamina so fast when I take extended breaks, so I try to keep at least one run on my calender every week. I even bought all the cold weather gear this past winter so I wouldn't have an excuse to stop.

Josie - Cupcakes and champagne? Better get cracking on that workout! }( Just kidding! :7 I can't talk - I had a big ol' martini with olives in the hot tub last night, so I got my workout in this morning, too!

Vicki - Nice to see you here again. I hope your back feels better soon! Enjoy teaching your class tonight. Sometimes I think I'd like to do that, but no time right now. Maybe some day.

Belinda - Congrats on the 6 lb loss!!! Way to go! :7

So, as I mentioned, last night I had a little cheat and sipped on a martini with olives in the hot tub. We just had a little red snapper with couscous and a green salad for dinner so hopefully the damage wasn't too bad. The official weigh-in for this month is tomorrow morning, so I'll know for sure then. I can already tell I've lost inches because my clothes are fitting better again.

This morning I had a hard time getting out of bed. Thankfully, I set the timer on the coffee pot last night, so the smell of fresh coffee pulled me into the kitchen to make breakfast. I slugged around reading the paper a little longer than usual, then headed upstairs to work out. I did Drill Max, and I must be doing something right because it wasn't nearly as hard as I'd remembered. All except for that last cardio drill. The burpee/tuck/hop back and forth over the step was a killer for sure!

See y'all tomorrow!

Mona congrats on your weight loss! I have cheat days quit alot latley ,I had a glass of wine last night and my DD took me out for fish tacos last night! It was yummy!:9 :9 Never had fish tacos before! You gonna be fine! Enjoy! You only live once!

Belinda

HI LADIES
I'm very sore from B&G overall leg premix from yesterday. When she repeats the ankle weight leg lifts I about died! Today is MM upperbody.
I decided to buy SS/pp dvd today. I've been wanting that one for so long. I heard the premixs are really good too.
Have a great day everyone
Randi

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.