RT Check in Friday

queenmaynie

Cathlete
Woohoo... I get to start the thread today! ( sorry Michelle, today I get to have the enjoyment! Haha)

Hope you are all well. My back is 100% better today. Hopefully it stays this way so I can get through teaching cardio/sculpt this morning, a gig tonight for my boys' band, then all the shopping, cleaning and preparing for my boys' Confirmation tomorrow.

My only workout today will be my class... I might sneak in a little walk if I can...

Let the madness begin!

Hope you all have a wonderful, healthy day!

Hello all!!! Happy Friday!!!

Today will be my first attempt at Imax 3...eeeek!! I watched it last night (can you exercise through osmosis?}( )and it looks pretty tough! I think I'll start out w/ one of the premixes (maybe intervals 1-5)since my legs are still tired from PLB that I did yesterday.

Tonight I have my awards ceremony thing for my college where I get my nerd award, I mean my history award. If my DH brings a camera, I swear I'll kill him!!! No class today but I'm on call at work from 12-5. No I'm not a doctor or a nurse...I'm a J Crew saleswoman! Hopefully that won't need me, there's some homework I'd like to get done.

Vicki, glad to hear your back is all better! It looks like you have a super busy weekend ahead of you...be sure to make time to breathe!!! Have a great day everyone!
Josie

I had better get in on this post early or I might not get back to it! Yesterday I did Slow and Heavy Legs and Shoulders. I could really feel my lower back and abs working though to stabilize me through most of the workout. Feels good to work multiple areas. I really wanted to get through the Tricep and Bicep section too, but I didn't have enough time after work. :( Will instead do it tomorrow along with SH Chest and Back. My weekend is already pretty booked up. Tonight I have to work until 11 p.m. (gag) and then I have a hair appointment tomorrow at 8 a.m. (highlites need help). Once I get home from that, I am cutting my mom's hair and then mowing the lawn and working in the garden. Might try to squeeze in a few wiener dogs baths too. On Sunday, my whole family is going to the Apple Blossom Festival, here in Arendtsville, PA. Will be difficult to eat clean at that event, so that will probably be my "cheat" day.

Vicki - Glad your back is feeling better today. Take it easy! :) Sounds like you are going to be a busy bee tonight and tomorrow!

Josie - Have fun with Imax 3. That is the only video I do not have. I plan to do Imax 2 on Sunday. I love that one. You'll have to let me know how you like Imax 3.

Have a good Friday everyone!

Hi everyone. Last night's workout was KPC. I used the TJ 1 lb gloves but had to take them off about half way through because my hands were feeling really hot & sweaty. Yuck! I can definitely feel it today in my arms though. Today is supposed to be a rest day but I just got low max in the mail yesterday so I might play around with it.

Vicki - I am so glad your back is feeling better. Mine is too. I actually slept through the night last night. I usually wake up at 2 or 4 with a twinge but nothing last night and I woke up with no pain. I guess the chiro is really helping.

Josie - I hope you don't get called in today so you can relax and get your school work done. :)

Liann - The festival sounds fun. Enjoy your cheat day. Mine is tomorrow and I'm having pizza!!

Have a great day everyone.

T

Morning! (LOL, Vicki)

Today is CF for me.

Vicki- glad your back is better. Enjoy your "madness" this weekend;-) ;-)

Josie- doing the premixes is a great way to get to know Imax3, enjoy!

Liann- the Apple Blossom Festival sounds fun!

Tess- You will enjoy LM:)

Have a great day everyone:)

Michelle

OK...just did IMAX 3 intervals 1-5...um....WOW! It is definitely more high impact than IMAX 2, and more complex choreographically. I usually enjoy complex cardio, but not when my legs are so tired that they're about to give out! It is definitely going to be my new challenge! My only issue is that I have a bad right ankle and all the impact has left it quite sore. Also, I live on the 2nd floor of a 2 family house, thank goodness the neighbors weren't home! Everything in my living room was shaking from all the jumping! My surround sound speaker actually fell off the TV!!!!

I'll keep trying!!!
Josie

Good afternoon,

Did 1st timesaver workout this morning and going to do something else this afternoon. Maybe a little Imax3 or something to get my full hour workout in.

Nutrition

B: FF cottage cheese nuts, apples, raisins
S: Kashi/Apple
L: Lean Cusine/Apple/Single mini kit kat stick
S: Popcorn
D:

Thanks for inspiring me today!!

Howdy doo trippers.

Vicki, sounds like you have a day planned. I'm glad your back is better.

Josie, good job with IMAX3. I usually lower my step on that workout because of all the jumping on and off the step. I would love to see a picture of your receiving the Nerd of the Year Award.

Liann, I've always wanted to go to that festival. I went to Mont Alto branch campus of Penn State for 2 years and have very fond memories of that part of the state. Enjoy!

I think today will have to be a rest day for me. I have too many errands to run after work. I will be getting up early to do B&G before driving over to Scranton to pick up my DS. He will be home until Tuesday, when he has a dentist appt.

Hey, gals.

I'm fighting a cold today, :( and hope I can beat it by tomorrow. Everyone else in the family had a version of it last week. Hubby and DS age 6 weren't bad, but DS age 4 is still coughing a lot. I thought I'd escaped, since I'd made it this long. I'm hoping not to really come down with it bad. I'm taking my echinacea! We're supposed to go camping tomorrow along with everyone in our whole mission, so it'd be nice to not feel bad!

Yesterday, before I got really sick, I did Kick Max and was pleasantly surprised that I didn't feel like dying. That blast is just intense. JOGGING is supposed to be recovery?!:eek: I marched!

Anyway, I did the whole video, but I reversed the order of the blast and the kickbox combos--just like the Bootcamp premix does, except that I went ahead and did the leg drills which aren't included on the premix. I love that order of doing things. The kickbox combos, even when I punch hard and do all the jacks, don't get my heart rate up, if I do them first. But they can KEEP it up if I've already done the blast. I just think that's a great way to do that workout. I think I'll always do it that way from now on. AND I can actually do the power lunges (I forget what she calls them) in blast #9 if I do the blast first. :D

I'll be gone for a few days and may not be able to post. I'm taking my band with me for arm work and hope to do lots of sets of walking lunges with jacks in between while I'm at camp.

Have a happy day.

Laura

Oh, PS, I forgot (I always do this, post and then remember something else I wanted to say!):

Vicki--I'm inspired that you've stuck to your eating schedule for 6 years. I do feel like it's an eating plan I can live with, not just something for losing weight short term. It's encouraging to know that it really has worked for someone as a real life plan.

Josie--Wow, on the Imax3. I was complaining about the non-recovery on Kick Max, and Imax 3 is another where "recovery" is a joke! I still have to pause every once in a while to make it to the end of that one. I like the breaks on Imax 2 much better, but I do love the moves on Imax 3. Several of the drills remind me of my basketball days! They're very athletic.

Mona--I chuckle all the way through ME. It's my absolute favorite video for the chit chat. "you know which cheeks I'm talking about," the "more than 10 pound leg press" comment you mentioned, and the evil witch laugh on the biceps. She's especially fun and funny in that video. Oh, yes, my favorite: "Did I say these (lunges) were my favorite? NO! I said they were YOUR favorite!"

I'm with you--I can do leg press with much more than 10 pounds (I do all the time on PLB). But I don't feel the need to on ME. I just stick with Cathe. :)

Hi Guys,

My name is Erin. I just noticed this post as I lurking as usual. I am also going on the Road Trip and can't wait to meet you all. I just thought I would introduce myself.

:)

Hi everyone. Thought I'd jump in today because I probably won't be online all weekend. Today I did Seasun Zeiger's The Next Step followed by GS Chest. I had to lighten up my weights a little on the chest press because my right shoulder seems to be a little tender. Each pushup I did I could hear a click but no pain except for the chest presses. I wonder what that's all about? I guess I'll take it easy for a few days and see if it clears up.

I went to the doctor yesterday for my annual physical. She is very happy with my stats and the only thing she yelled at me for is because of my a tan. I guess I should look into skin bronzers instead. Anyone have a bronzer they like? I just look so blah without some color on my face.

Tess: Is this your first time with a chiro? What have they been doing to your back? I have a herniated disc and my doctor said next time it flares up she's sending me to chiro, since PT really didn't help the last time. I am curious about your experience.

Vicki: You've got a full weekend planned. Hope you get some downtime on Sunday.

Josie: WTG on the IMAX3 1-5. I don't want to tell you about interval 7. That one gets me everytime! Also, I hear you about the floor shaking. My husband has accused me of breaking the basement light because I workout right above it in the living room.

Laura: Hope you're feeling better. Kick Max blast challenge is a hoot, isn't it. I don't know how Cathe and crew jump so high.

Erin: Welcome! Can't wait to meet you too.

I'm back and relaxing with a glass of wine. I didn't do a workout and an going to be totally decadent tonight with steak, wine and double chocolate brownies.

Welcome Erin.

TK and Tess, I went to a chiro years ago when I was having back and leg trouble. He said I had a bulging disk and after a few weeks of visits, it improved. I don't think it was due to time, since I had lived with it for quite a while without any improvment. I haven't had any trouble since, knock on wood.

Anyone have interesting weekend plans? LauraR, where is "camp?" We are picking our son up tomarrow and doing some shopping. There are some stores over his way that we don't have, namely Target. Tomarrow evening, my DH will get one of his sports cars out of the winter garage and we are going to cruise night at Burger King. That doesn't include dinner, LOL. On Sunday, we are taking our annual Redbud Drive. We drive to a narrow valley south of State College that has hillsides covered with Redbud, my favorite flowering tree. It is lovely. Then we stop at www.spatscafe.com in State College for dinner. We've done this trip every year for over 20 years and is a highlight of the spring. I can't wait. I hope you all have a great evening.

Hey roadtrippers!

This morning I just did 30 minutes of yoga, but yesterday was PS BBA. I try to do 10# less than Cathe with the barbell and from what I can tell she starts out using 45# for bicep curls so I tried 35#. Whew! I could do maybe five with good form then lowered the weight. Biceps are very sore today!

Vicki-I'm glad your back is better. Have fun with your boys this weekend.

Josie-Good job on IMAX 3 and your award:D

Liann-Sounds like a busy, but fun weekend. Enjoy!

Tess-I haven't done GS or S&H, but they are on my schedule the next 2 weeks. I'm a little worried about the GS (especially C&T).

Robin-Enjoy your treat tonight, sounds yummy!

Laura-Hope your cold gets better and you have a fun time camping!

Erin-Welcome! Nice to meet you:)

TK-Hope your shoulder feels better soon!

Belinda-Great job on the weight loss!

Everyone have a good weekend:D

Kara

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.