!!! Rockin' Thursday with the Kettlebells !!!

In the words of Frank Barone: HOLY CRAP! :eek:
5x4 is SO MUCH TOUGHER THAN 5x3!!! That is 20 more c&p's and pull-ups. And I had an 8 minute swinging session!!! I will sleep SO GOOD tonight. :)

a few notes:
*During rungs 3 and 4, I had to jump and glide down the last two pull-ups. I touched my toe to the floor quite a bit, too.
*I was very attuned to my form. It felt soooo good. As soon as my video finished uploading to the computer I will see how I did, but I am pretty sure it looks okay.

*50 swings, 20 second rest
-180 swings with 35#
-40 swings hand to hand w/ 30#
*forearms feeling better :)

Deanie, I absolutely love TGUs. I warm up with them and once the program is over I will make sure I add them to my workouts.

Gotta run! Grams is coming over to help me with some deep cleaning. It is so hard to stay on top of things with 4 kids. ;)

Melissa

Hi Chicks!

Here is my workout for tonight:

Do intervals of 35 seconds work/15 seconds of rest for 4 rounds circuit system. Take a 1:00 rest between rounds.

Mr. Spectacular
Driveway Runs
Bicep Curls/Hammers alternating each round
Box Jumps
Push ups
Kettlebell Ax Chops

Deanie ~ Nice workout today. To answer your question from yesterday, I have 4 races that I have signed up for. I'm trying to do 2 races a month and might run a half marathon in October. This is what I have planned so far:

3/20 - Wild Chicken Run 5K
3/27 - Okefenokee Swamp Run 10K
4/17 - Palace Saloon 5K
4/24 - Rose City Run 10K

Melissa ~ Good workout today! Have fun cleaning with Grams!!

Waves hello to Gayle and Rhonda.

Hi Everyone!

Sorry I've been MIA this week but am working on a big project at work. Over the weekend, I went to a West Coast Swing class and then had a dance afterwards. They taught us how to do a little bit of dirty dancing (or at least as the instructor put it, "the illusion of dirty dancing".)

On Monday, I did Prevention's Slim, Strong & Firm Workout with Lara Hudson and then did all the performance sections from SYTYCD Cardio Funk. I think the disco was my favorite. I probably need to do the breakdown for Hip Hop but I managed pretty well. Also went for a 30 minute walk.

On Tuesday, I did 2 pullups, 3 chinups, 20 pushups and Tracy's Mat workout.

Yesterday, I did the first 20 minutes of Cathe's MMA Fusion. After the first drill, I felt really wiped out like I was coming down with something and didn't feel like going on. I popped out the DVD and put in Adrienne Reed's Power Yoga for Flexibility and did the 20 minute segment. Managed to get in lotus on both sides. Tried horse stance but had some difficulty.

Today I woke up with a full-fledged cold but managed to do Ellen's Fat Burning Fusion and 2 pullups and 2 chinups. Also went for a 30-minute walk at lunch.

Jane - Good luck with the job search! Especially in our lovely state where unemployment is now 10.4%! Hope you have a great workout tonight!

Melissa - Great workout! 5x4 definitely makes a big difference!

Deanie - Great workouts! Congratulations on your great form!

Waves to Gayle, Rhonda & Nita!

Marcy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.