repeat after me HATE - Nov 16

August

Cathlete
Hi all!

There was a sudden heavy rain storm last night, like weird jungle rain storm, likely brought on by the weather in Hokkaido. But it brought a really sunny, beautiful day today. I haven't heard anything about what happened with last night's Hokkaido tsunami. I hope everyone is all right.

Anyway, I just finished my workout. Today was my first time to try FitPrime : Metaboost.

And in good spirit, like FitPrime's Flex Posture, I'm renaming this FitPrime workout, too. The new name is:

FitPrime : Do The Zirconia Mishmash!

SARCASTIC NEGATIVITY ALERT!! : Okay, I'm going to have to stoop to sarcasm, so those of you who are easily offended, please skip the following few paragraphs LOL.

First off, let me toot my horn, if I may : I guess I've gained a lot of strength through Cathe, because I don't feel like I worked out AT ALL. Unless running around for a chair, no, a yoga block, no, a stick, no, the chair again, no, a dumbbell and a stick, no, no, the yoga block and a stick, well okay, no, yeah, go back to a chair" is considered cardio. And don't forget, you should be using your weaker leg!

HUH?!

And, okay, the set ain't doin it for me. It's like the most cheesy dance club I've ever been to, but with the lights turned on bright.

Don't even talk to me about the music : Pop! Organic! Country! World! Over-the-top orchestral music set to a beat! (Obviously borrowed from the Flex Posture soundtrack LOL.)

**SARCASTIC NEGATIVITY ALERT OFF**

That being said, there were a bunch of moves I hadn't seen or done before, and even though I didn't feel like I was doing anything, my HRM told me that "sometimes" I was.

Anyway, onwards!

Dana - Ohooo! Will we be able to hear from you more often now that you can sneak a peak at work? We hope we hope!..........you did what?! You got up at 4am to work out?! HOLY MOTHER! I would not be able to do that. You have some strive, woman!

Deb - Thanks for thinking of me when you saw the Japan news - all's good here in Tokyo. And I'm SO pleased to hear that you are maybe maybe maybe getting the weight lifting bug?! WEEEEE! No, no, I won't get too excited. Don't want to put pressure on you LOL. I loooooove Slow & Heavy. It's probably my favorite weights DVD. But then, that's coming from a former cardio-hater, so it's hard for me to say whether you might be into that...but if you felt that endurance was ho-hum, well, S&H is totally different! Half of it is resting! LOL. But seriously, if you like Gym, and you want to try something besides endurance weights, definitely go for S&H! As for being as hard as Gym Style,...hmmm. They're very different. I personally have a harder time lifting with little rest time in between, but can and like to lift very heavy in a concentrated amount of reps, with rest time. So I guess I'd have to say that Gym Style is more difficult for me in the respect that you go from one set to another fairly quickly. But I still recommend S&H, especially since you're getting into the heavier weights. Tee hee! Tell me what you do!

Netta - No matter what I do, I'm like, always hungry. I think I get it from my mom who always answers when I ask her if she's hungry "I can always eat!" OoooooOOOOooo, the apple cake got mentioned again. Sounds sooo goooood. Glad the party was a success! You know, I think Humble Beginnings may have sold out on Christi's site. Someone wrote to her to ask if she had an extra copy (a few months ago) and ended up being able to get a copy that way. If all else fails, you might try to write.

Cheers out to Michele, Diane, Jana, Ellen and the rest!

Hi!

Today's workout called for 45 minute run and stretch so I subbed with Christi Taylor's Still Jumping. It was the first time for me and I think I got up to combo #5. It's pretty fun, not intense, but then I didn't want intense today. I'm learning to listen better to Christi, she cues so well, don't know how she does that. The time flies when I'm doing her workouts. Maybe I can look for Humble Beginnings on Ebay.

I bit the bullet last night and ordered P90X. Hopefully, no nightmares with Beach Body. I don't have a pullup bar or bands but think I can do the pullup work on the Bowflex. I'll just have to go into the other room to do it as my TV is in the living room and the Bowflex is in a side room. I've just heard so many good things about it.

I'm doing Cathe's November rotation but I think it's got too much cardio for me, but then I'm not a cardio lover, that's why I'm here. Actually, my body does better (asthetically) when I'm doing more lifting. Aerobically, maybe not as well. I think I also retain more water when I'm doing more cardio too. Feeling pretty puffy today and TTOM is on tap very soon. Can't have anything to do with the potluck yesterday, would it? Actually, I felt I was p..r..e..t..t..y good yesterday with my eating, could have been better, but compared to the loaded plates of 30 some men employees that really aren't all that active here at the prison, I was a lightweight.

August, enjoy your nice weather today. I told my DH about the typhoon/tsunami thing in Japan and we watched the news but heard nothing about it. Hope there weren't many injuries.

Michelle, hope you got caught up on your errands. What workout are you going to jump in on?

Hi to everyone else that follows!

Jeanette

Hi everyone- Jeanette-please, please, please let me know how you like P90X- I am leaning towards buying it and almost did so before the price went up-I want to know when your going to start?if I do it I was thinking Jan. 1-also could you let me know how long it takes to get it- I'm in Michigan- --deb

Good morning, everybody!!

I'm back!! I'm really back now. Here's what I accomplished yesterday--a big, fat, NOTHING:eek: . I take that back. I did make it to the grocery store and I fixed a nice dinner but, aside from that--NOTHING:eek: . I had another migraine headache yesterday probably brought on by the weather. It rained all day and it was cold. I couldn't get warm to save myself. I finally took a fistful of Ibuprofen and went to bed. SoOoOoOo (I got that funky Oo thing from you, August:D ), I really have a lot to do today--lol! I'm happy to report a blue sky and sunshine this morning which has greatly improved my disposition. August, we must be sharing the same sky today.

August, I have no idea what/who FitPrime is. What kind of workouts are they and who leads them? They sound funky. I'm ROTFLMAO at your sarcastic negativity alert! I have to agree with you about Cathe making other cardio seem like a piece of cake.

Jeanette, your apple cake sounds delish:9 . --I've been pondering the P90X DVD's. They're probably too advanced for me right now so hopefully they'll be able to straighten out their CS issues by the time I am. Better yet, maybe Cathe will do a P90X-like series one day. I would buy that in a heartbeat! I just saw a thread on VF not long ago about how they charged someones credit card months after they had already paid for their DVD's:eek: . I'll keep my fingers and toes crossed that this doesn't happen to you. Let us know if you have any problems with them down the road.

Dana, I'm so excited that you can check in with us a little bit during the day!!! We have really missed your bright and sunshiny posts. I admire your dedication to get up and work out while the rest of us are sleeping (I might not be sleeping if DH is snoring).

Deb, it's nice to have you join us. I prefer weight lifting to cardio, hence the birth of the I Hate Cardio thread--lol! Hmmmmm, maybe I should start an I Love Weight Lifting thread.

Diane, Ellen, Jana--how are you? Diane, have you been able to start 5FF yet?

OK, I didn't do any workout yesterday so I'm going to do HIIT on the elliptical and some abs from one of the new Cathe DVD's--haven't decided which one yet. I'll follow that with a good stretch from Stretch Max. I'm way off the rotation for this week so I'll just try and pick it up tomorrow.

Have a great day girlies!!:* :*

Jeanette - Ooh, now you made me want to get out my Still Jumping. I haven't tried it yet. And as luck would have it, tomorrow is supposed to be a cardio day - and I have "something Christi" written in. Woo hoo! So, you ordered P90X?! You have to give me and Deb the FULL report! Please tell us NOT to get it! I beg you! LOL

Deb - I know I've been going through a big yoga DVD buying fit, but to tell you the truth, I read a thread about P90X over on FV and totally got sucked in. Like I need more workouts. Sheesh!

Michele - So glad to hear that you're having the same clear, beautiful sky over there, and that you're feeling better. Nothing days are good. My rotation called for a nothing day today, so nothing it was!....I notice a biIiIiiiIIig (doesn't work so well with the letter "i" LOL) difference in Cathe/other workouts especially in triceps dips. When I do dips with Cathe, I'm so thankful to be able to put my butt back on the step. But with other workouts, it's like, that's all?! Isn't that just a warmup?! I can do that with on my pinkies! LOL.

Okay, on that note, I should try to get to sleep.

Night night!

Hey haters!!! What's up? Well, I did not get up at 4:00 this morning. I was exhausted. It felt like I just fell asleep and the alarm was already going off at 4:00. So I stayed in bed until 5:00. Wish I would've gotten up though and gotten in my workout.

August - I have never heard of that workout you are referring to and after your review, don't want to!!! Do you & your mom do the Thanksgiving thing? I"m cooking this year. If my brother comes home this year, I'll take his pic and e-mail it to you. tee-hee!!!

Jeanette - did I read it right, you have a BOWFLEX?!?!?!?!? Do you like it? Do you use it often? I want one but my DH is like, no way!!

Michele - I see that you have been a bad, bad girl!!! You broke your legal contract, so how does that make you feel? I can't believe the nerve of you. You had Diane draw up the LEGAL contract and then you sign it and now you've blown it off. Well wait to go woman!!!:p Does Diane even know this? I know that she will be so very upset after all the time and effort she put into it.

Deb - I don't think that I've ever "met" you, so hello. Any cardio hater is a friend of mine. :p

Hello to everyone else!!!

Hi Dana- this is so funny- August & the others let me post here-even though I LOVE CARDIO-HA-LOL--I am starting to like weights a wee bit more-so I don't know how I ended up on this cardio hater thread but you guys can't get rid of me- yet-deb:) }(

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.