PYGFO- Weekend!

Hi Michelle,

We're expecting snow here also. I'll believe it when I see it.

Just finished 4DS Kickbox Cardio only. Love this workout. So much fun!!

Off to Sams club to find a scale. I have been using my neighbors scale and that is not convenient..

Have a great weekend!!

Carolyn

Good Morning PYGFOers!

Today I did S& H Legs and Shoulders and then tacked on some pushups. I wanted to run but at 27 degrees, it's too cold for me!x( Sometiems I wish I had access to a treadmill.

Bought the Body for Life cookbook yesterday. It looks like a good one. Can't wait to try some of the recipes.

Michelle--Love your big green man, but hope you don't really feel like that in the morning!x(

Carolyn--4ds Kickbox...fun! I have seen you post on the 12 week challenge also. I am liking the BFL plan. Easy to follow.:)

Hi to all others!
Have a great day!
Gin:)

Hello.

I am about to workout. I hope to do cardio and weights today and tomorrow since I will have more time.

Laura...Thank you so much!! Hmmm...I have never heard of that ice cream!! I was craving ice cream last night, but I ate an orange instead. I may have to go look for it though:9 I hope your visit in AR was a good one!

Michelle, Carolyn, Gin...Good Morning!!! Michelle...I hope you didn't feel like your picture this morning either!!

I will BBL after I have worked out. Have a great day!!

PGYFO Check-in

PYGFO Sisters:

Good morning! I have missed y’all! I started a 12-week challenge here on New Year’s Eve as well as an 18-week Biggest Loser Challenge at my church. Hopefully, I am finally hitting my stride so I can start checking in again. Happy New Year since this is my first check-in here in 2008!

I had an exciting week! First, I met with a trainer for a comprehensive fitness evaluation. He was blown away by my cardio fitness! My V02 max is 80.2. That puts me in the “elite” category for my age! Glory! Cathe cardio is better than cheesecake!

The teams were chosen for our Biggest Loser challenge at church Wednesday night. I love my trainer. She has a sweet spirit but is tough enough to kick my butt! I jumped for joy when she assigned us Cathe weight workouts for homework in between weekly sessions with her. I think she was surprised by my reaction because she was not expecting any of us to know Cathe. She is not as sanguine as I am, and she might be wondering if she will need to sedate me. LOL! I am bouncing off the walls already.

Laurie is not making us do gym workouts because she thinks Cathe is awesome, and she believes we will get awesome results with her workouts. She watches Cathe every morning to steal stuff for her classes. LOL! If I can't have Cathe for my personal trainer, what more could I ask for than a sweet and strong trainer who loves Cathe and can help me plan rotations with her workouts?! God answered my prayers! My church is providing a trainer for each team for the full 18 weeks of this challenge! We only had to pay $30.00 for the whole semester, and that was to offset the cost of the Biggest Loser workbook, cookbook, and workout DVD. They surprised us with the free fitness evaluation (that would cost $150.00 otherwise) and a free gym membership too. The guy who did my fitness evaluation at the gym where we have a free membership this month was so inspired when I showed him my “before” picture at my top weight (4 sizes larger) that he offered me a free personal training session too. I am not sure if I will take him up on that yet because I have no intention of continuing with gym workouts and do not want to waste his time. Laurie is meeting with us once a week and teaching a class for us. I am expecting to see some familiar moves.

Oh, I am down 8 pounds since New Year's Eve. I was very surprised to see another 2-pound drop Friday morning. My cycle just started late Friday afternoon. I usually gain 5 pounds during PMS time. This is the first time I have ever lost weight during PMS week! Glory!

Did I mention that I am so excited? I feel so blessed to have all this amazing support and encouragement. Cathe even told me that she is behind me 100 percent as my cheerleader! With Cathe’s workouts, Laurie’s coaching, the support of my team and this check-in, the grace of God, faith, good nutrition, perseverance, consistency, and a determined focus on my part, I am destined for success this year! Glory!

Michelle, enjoy your snow! Send some my way. If it has to be this cold, I want something pretty to see!

Carolyn and Gin, I am loving the 12-week challenge. I am NOT doing BFL though. Cathe’s 4-Day Split is giving me great results! Eating 4 times a day is more satisfying for me and feels more natural and less like a diet.

Lara, congratulations on your blessed news. I am keeping you and your little one in my prayers.

Blessings,
Heather B.

“So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God” (1 Corinthians 10:31 NIV).

RE: PGYFO Check-in

Hi PYGFOers. I'm at work and it has been suprisingly quiet today. We had some extra help in the morning, which made all the difference in the world. I'm planning on getting home and doing biceps and shoulders from CTX. If I have the time and the inclination, I'll hop on the stationary bike and do CCv2.

Heather, sounds like you got it going on! You must go to a ginormous church. If my little old church tried to do something like that, I think we would have 4 or 5 participants and all of them would be over 50.

Michelle, yay for more snow. We got a couple inches the other day, but it's almost gone. I guess I don't want to see a lot, since I can't cross country ski this year.

Carolyn, I had to laugh at you borrowing your neighbor's scale. I always weigh in first thing in the morning, sans clothes. I pictured you tromping next door naked to weigh in.

Gin, I got the BFL cookbook out of the library, but never got a chance to look through it before it was due. Let me know what you think.

Lara, I wanted to let you know that I learned the value of a good nap when I was pregnant with my first child. It was such a delight to come home from work and lay down, if only for 15 - 20 minutes. Enjoy it now, you may never be able to do it again!

Hi to Liann, Vicki, and Tess.

Well, it has been snowing for about an hour, and starting to stick. I know for you 'northerners' this isn't a big deal, but for this former northerner it is.:) So now I will share pictures of what little has stuck so far.....
http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n114/copwife614/01192008017.jpg
[br]
http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n114/copwife614/01192008016.jpg
[br]
http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n114/copwife614/01192008013.jpg
[br]

Ok, enough pictures. I will update tomorrow if there is more.:)

LOL @ Robin for her comment to Carolyn, because I was picturing the same thing!:7 ;-)

Hello.

I was able to do cardio and weights today:) :) I have been lazy ever since!! I have done nothing but sit on my couch and read things I don't normally have time to read. It is very cold here today, I haven't even been outside!

Heather...Thank you!! That means a lot to me. I have been reading about your new challenge on some of the other threads. It sounds like you are doing great and have a lot of good support. Have fun lifting with Cathe!!!

Robin...It is so funny you say that. I think about that almost every time I take a nap lately. I guess that is why I don't feel so guilty right now (other than missing workouts if I sleep too long). I am sure things will change when the baby is here. I can only imagine how tired I will be when I try to have another one!!

Michelle...It looks like you have had more snow than we have this year! It has definitely been cold enough, but no accumulations so far. Enjoy your snow!!

I am off to eat dinner. DH picked up Thai food and I am starving!! Have a great day!

Good Sunday Morning Ladies,

Well, We had snow all day yesterday. The kids had blast. Unfortunately the temps rose above freezing late in the day and a lot of it has melted.

I got my scale and I am down 8 pounds since 12/31..YEAH!!

Robin & Michelle - You guys are too funny. I wasn't naked going to my neighbors, I had a robe on:p :p

Gin & Heather - Keep it up with BFL and you will see resulsts. My DH has even noticed.

Hello to everyone

Have a great day!

Carolyn

PYGFO Check-in

PYGFO Sisters:

Happy Sunday! I have time for a quick check-in before I leave for my Bible study.

Robin, my church is definitely NOT a mega church. Our sanctuary hold around 800 people. We average around 1,800 in attendance every week. We have more members, but those are the ones who faithfully attend every week. We had enough for 4 teams of 16 plus a black team for choir members who are unable to attend the Wednesday evening classes. I laughed about your scale comment too and had the same thought. I weigh myself at home every Friday morning because I cannot strip at church for my Wednesday evening weigh-in. LOL!

Michelle, enjoy that snow. Did you go out and play in it? Were are you from (former Northern girl)?

Lara, I hope you have time for a long nap this afternoon.

Carolyn, I am NOT doing Body for Life in any way, shape, or form. There are 2 challenge check-ins here. Gayle started a Body for Life check-in with her first challenge. A few of us wanted to do our own 12-week challenge starting on New Year’s Eve. I knew that Gayle was planning to start a new 12-week challenge that same day and was interested in a check-in. I sent her an e-mail and asked if she would consider changing the name of the Body for Life check-in so we could join. The Body for Life girls wanted to keep their check-in for those who are following that program. Gayle started a new one for us. Some people post in both, so there are Body for Life people in both check-ins. The 12-week challenge is a personal challenge. Anyone who wants to join us is free to do so. Robin, jump in when you are ready. You do not need to do Body for Life or anything close to it. I am eating 4 times a day instead of the 6 times a day that program prescribes, I am doing Cathe’s 4-Day Split instead of Bill’s exercises, I am eating way more carbs and no meat, and I am having fun and seeing results! The only thing I like about Body for Life is the free day. LOL! I even have to modify that to make it work for me. I am not even attempting to plug Cathe’s workouts into Bill’s formula. Here are my workouts for this week:

01-14-08 a.m. 4-Day Split Higher Intensity Step
01-14-08 p.m. water aerobics class

01-15-08 a.m. 4-Day Split Kickbox (cardio) + Butts and Guts (leg blast premix and abs)

01-16-08 a.m. 4-Day Split Lower Intensity Step (cardio, shoulders, and stretch)

01-17-08 a.m. 4-Day Split Boot Camp

01-18-08 a.m. Low Impact Circuit (cardio blast timesaver premix)

01-19-08 a.m. Kick, Punch, & Crunch (cardio conditioning premix and abs)

01-20-08 a.m. Stretch Max (stability ball segment)

Blessings,
Heather B.

“So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God” (1 Corinthians 10:31 NIV).

RE: PYGFO Check-in

Hi everyone. I enjoyed the snow yesterday too. I didn't get out and take any pictures because it was too COLD. :) It was beautiful to watch coming down out the window though. DH and I are about to venture out today and get some chinese food. I haven't done my workout yet but I'll tackle that later tonight. I've been doing the couch to 5k running program and I'm on week 5. It's going great so far. By the end of the week I will be running 25 minutes without a walking break.

Sounds like you all are doing great too.

Carolyn, congrats on the weight loss. That is fantastic! I bet you look great. I'll see you soon enough if you're planning on going to Jodi's in Feb.

Heather, I read about your trainer a few days ago on the other post. What a great coincidence! Did you show her your pic with Cathe? Bet she was jealous. :)

Michelle, hope you're enjoying the snow but I'm sure it's nothing like your former Alaska weather.

Hope you all have a good one!!

ROFLOL at Carolyn. Do you really go over to your neighbor's in a robe?

Michelle, how much snow did you get? We haven't had a very snowy winter here in PA. There hasn't been one deep enough for cross country skiing yet.

Tess, good job with the running program. My DD decided she wanted to lose some pounds and she has started running. I hope she keeps up with it. I tried to get her to hop on the stationary bike yesterday when it was so cold, but she went running instead.

Heather, LOL, we average about 70 people for a Sunday morning at my church. Of course, it was worse a few years ago when we were down to about 50.

Lara, your lazy day of reading sounds lovely. We used to camp a lot during the summer and the best thing about it was I could sit all day and read, without looking around and seeing all the chores that need to be done.

Only a couple more hours and one more weekend of work will be behing me. I'm planning on a CC workout on the bike this afternoon. Hope you all enjoy the rest of your weekend. Went fast, didn't it?

Good Afternoon Ladies!

Today was Baron Baptiste's Core yoga and SM#3 with the band. I may go for a run later. BRRRR!!

Lara--I think about you and have wondered how you feel, but sounds like you are doing well, except for being tired which is quite normal. When does your 2nd trimester begin?

Heather--Way to go girl!! You are doing great! We gave ds the Perfect Pushups for Christmas and he likes them.

Robin--The BFL book is great for me. I love the recipes in there. I like to make pretty simple food and nothing with a lot of ingredients and that is what this is. I wanted to BUY the book, otherwise I would end up making lots of copies.:p

Michelle--If we get any snow here in TX, that is what it looks like. And usually we just get a lot of ICE!!:eek: Thanks for sharing the pics!

Carolyn--WTG on the 8 lb weight loss!!

Tess--Great job with the running. It doesn't seem as if it was that long ago that you started.

Have a great day!
Gin:)

Afternoon Ladies!

Well today was 4DSKB+HIS+LISAbs. I did HIS on an 8" step, that kept my heart rate up there!:) To quote Heather..."Cathe cardio is better than cheesecake!":D

Carolyn, our snow is gone here also, but they are calling for more next week. Good job on the 8lb. weight loss!

Heather, no I didn't go play in the snow, but I took pictures. I was born and raised in Alaska...that's pretty far north, yes? :+ Good job so far on your 12 week challenge.

Tess, nice to 'see' you.:)Great job on the couch to 5k program! The only time my treadmill got consistent use was when I did the couch to 5k, now I only get on about once every 2 months.

Robin, not much snow i think about an inch or so. Like Tess said, it was just pretty to watch it coming down. How often do you work weekends?

I'm off to a movie with DD, we are going to see Juno. Have a great afternoon/evening everyone!

Hello.

I am watching football at home. My DH met some friends to watch the Giants and Packers play, but I just couldn't make myself go even though I wanted to. I have left my house 1 time this entire weekend and that was to go to the store. I don't think I have ever been this lazy, but it feels good to lounge after my busy work week. I did Amy's KBX and B&G Abs and then took at nap!

Carolyn...I thought of you this morning when I tried to weigh and the battery was out on my scale. I guess it is better not to know right now since my numbers will be going up instead of down before long!! WTG on your weight loss!!

Heather...I took your advice and decided to nap today!! I hope your workout week goes well!! It looks like you have some fun ones planned.

Tess...I am glad you are doing so well with your running program. I wish we all lived close to Jodi so we could have a mini reunion. I know you all will have fun!

Robin...Yes, that was the only problem with sitting at home and reading. I constantly saw things I needed to do, but didn't do them. Maybe next weekend? I hope you enjoyed your day after work!

Gin...Yes, I do feel pretty well. I have had some bouts of nausea, but from what I read, it could be much worse. I am hoping to have energy to get through this week. My second trimester begins the day before Valentine's Day. I hope you were able to stay warm if you ran today.

Michelle...That sounds like a great mish mosh from 4DS. How was Juno? I really want to see that movie.

I am off to watch the end of the game. They are all tied up late in the 4th. Have a great day!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.