PYGFO-Weekend

copwife

Cathlete
Morning everyone!

Today is LIS/SCC. I have decided to repeat the last 2 weeks of this rotation....<since I was such a slacker> then move onto something else. I think something more circuit oriented.

Liann, how did your doggies do last night?

Hi gal pals. Sorry I wasn't here yesterday. Work was crazy busy, followed by a bazillion errands, then home to make dinner and crash. I'm hoping to do something circuity today. I also plan on decorating, baking and wrapping, so I better get moving.

Liann, I hope the doggies are better today.

PYGFO Check-in

Good morning, Michelle and Robin! Glory! I did it! I faithfully finished Cathe’s November rotation this morning with Boot Camp. This was my first Cathe rotation. Actually, this is the first rotation of any kind that I have completed. I am a bit of a rotation rebel! LOL! Cathe has accomplished what no man or woman before her has succeeded in doing! She created fun and effective weight workouts that I love, and I am hooked on weight training! Many personal trainers have tried to convert me through the years without success. Go, Cathe!

I can do all the Boot Camp drills on the floor now! I had to modify the bunny hops and zig zap drill for my rebounder the first week! I can finally get all 4 weights back to the “finish line” for the suicide runs too. (Of course, I get dizzy when I run that fast. LOL!) I am making progress, and I love what I am seeing! Not only did I have to buy smaller jeans the night before Thanksgiving, but I am continuing to shrink all over and getting stronger every week! Yippee! Never did I dream or imagine I would be using 20-pound weights for incline chest work when 12-pound weights were “heavy” for me 7 weeks ago! I can still remember how hard it was for me to haul heavy weights up the stairs last month when I brought them home from Target! I bought 15-pound weights last year for Body Max 2 and was never able to use them until now!

I logged in yesterday for the first time since the night before Thanksgiving! An 8-day break from Cathe’s place has to be a record for me! This is my check-in for the last 2 weeks:

11-18-07 rest
11-19-07 a.m. 4-Day Split Higher Intensity Step
11-20-07 a.m. 4-Day Split Kickbox
11-21-07 a.m. 4-Day Split Lower Intensity Step
11-22-07 a.m. 4-Day Split Boot Camp
11-23-07 a.m. Stretch Max
11-24-07 a.m. 4-Day Split Lower Intensity Step (cardio premix)

11-25-07 a.m. Slow and Heavy Legs + Stretch Max
11-26-07 rest
11-27-07 a.m. 4-Day Split Higher Intensity Step
11-28-07 a.m. 4-Day Split Kickbox
11-29-07 a.m. 4-Day Split Boot Camp (cardio premix)
11-30-07 a.m. 4-Day Split Lower Intensity Step
12-01-07 a.m. 4-Day Split Boot Camp

Here are my Cathe calendar results for November:

-10 pounds
-1" chest
-3" waist
-3" abdomen
-3" hips
-1" right thigh
-1" right calf
-1" right upper arm

I am still having fun with the 4-Day Split, but I decided to focus more on cardio and circuit training in December (for damage control in light of all the Christmas celebrations on my social calendar) and return to heavy weight work in January. Cathe’s December rotation looks delightful, so that is my game plan for the rest of the year! I got better results in November with Cathe’s rotation than I did on my own. My goal for December is to maintain my weight as I historically gain 10-20 pounds during the holidays. Eek!

Thank y’all for encouraging me to toss the scale and stick with the heavy weights. Not only am I smaller and stronger, but my body “feels” different too. I can feel muscle under the fat now. Everything is starting to get firmer and tighter. I have faith that I will love what I see when this layer of fat melts away! I have a long way to go and a lot of body fat to burn, but my body is being transformed from the inside out. I am having fun and enjoying every step of the journey. That is what really counts! Glory! I am still amazed that I found weight work I love. I wrote last month that the 4-Day Split would be my breakthrough series. Yes!

Have fun with your workouts in December. Enjoy treats and feast food in moderation. Bless your body with plenty of rest. Get ready to blast off the fat in 2008 with me! I am getting ready for an 18-week group challenge that starts in January. I will share more details about this next month. I am very excited!

Michelle and Robin, check out Cathe’s December rotation! It looks fun and efficient.

Blessings,
Heather B.

“So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God” (1 Corinthians 10:31 NIV).

Goodmorning guys! Quick check-in cuz' my DH is waiting for me downstairs - snake cleaning time... Nice way to spend our anniversary huh? Doggies are doing ok. Montana has gone from losing it everywhere to not having to go at all. I think the medicine is starting to work and I imagine he's pretty cleaned out at the moment. Cheyenne is doing really good and is back to normal in the potty department. Dakota is still fine (knock on wood). DH and I will be doing cleanmax all morning and then we are leaving for our MWSmith concert in Reading. Hope you all have a great weekend!!!

Good Morning PYGFOers!

Today I did HIS cardio, KB/Legs/Core and Stretch Max #3...whew. I'm toast!:p Burned 629 calories total. Can I have a piece of chocolate now?;-) I plan on starting Cathe's Dec. rotation tomorrow. Anyone game in joining me?

Michelle-Please do the Dec. rotation with me. It is a little of everything wih a couple of circuit workouts a week.

Robin--What are you baking? I saw Paula Dean and some other on Food Network making some yummy cookies the other day. Cookies....I love to bake and eat them.....bad!

Heather--WTG on the inches lost and wonderful progress!! I am so happy for you. Sounds like the weight work is agreeing with you! Keep it up!:)

Liann--So glad to hear that your sweet puppies are doing better! Happy Anniversary and enjoy the MWSmith Concert with your DH!

Have a great day all!
Gin:)

Gin, I would love to do this rotation with you, when would you like to start? I will have to sub a few of the workouts, but that shouldn't be a problem.
Here take some of these chocolate kisses that I bought the other day. They were supposed to be for Christmas stockings, but somehow ended up open now? :p :+

Liann, Happy Anniversary to you and your DH! Glad to hear the doggies are on their way to feeling better!<fingers crossed>

Robin, I will be joining you in doing some baking this weekend..cookies, brownies, more cookies, and more brownies.:p :p:9

Heather, congratulations on the November results!!

Lara, if your reading this, I need your address, please pm it to me:)

I'm back. I finished decorating until the tree goes up in a couple weeks. I made some snickerdoodles today. Gin, I make at least a dozen different cookies for Christmas. Then I don't have to make any desserts except for Christmas dinner. I also got all the gifts I have so far wrapped.

I think I did a bad thing to my knee. I was doing Amy's ASC2 power up segment when my knee went "pop" and felt really bad. It didn't hurt exactly, but it's not right. I wrapped, iced and elevated it. It didn't swell and only hurts a little, but it feels like it is popping when I walk. Guess I'll have to go see the doctor on Monday. Yikes, I can't afford to not be able to workout through the holidays. I'll become a two ton Tessie (Sorry Tess.)

I have to go. We are putting decorations up at church this evening. I'm going to use my knee as an excuse for not working too hard.

Hi Again!

Michelle--Yum on the chocolate kisses. Anything chocolate is my favorite!:9 I plan on starting the Dec. rotation tomorrow with DM cardio. I like to start my week on Sunday.

Robin--My ds's favorite cookies are snickerdoodles. He used to like to bake with me when he was little. I miss those days!:-( Do you freeze your goodies? Do you give them to friends and neighbors or family? A friend of mine makes a yummy sherry bread every Christmas and it never lasts very long around here!

Okay...enough of the "sweet" talk.

Hello.

I wasn't able to check in the last few days. I had obligations right after work on Thursday and Friday. I was able to squeeze in IMAX2 on Thurs. Today was a rushed workout too. I only had time for KB/BC cardio. It was also suppose to be a weight day. I am going to do both tomorrow!

Michelle...I PM'd you. I hope I did it right!

Robin...I hope your knee is okay, but--YES, definitely see your doctor if it is popping.

Gin...I glanced at the Dec rotation. I think I will print it out and see if it is something I might try to do. I had planned on doing Drill Max tomorrow anyway. I always start out on a rotation, but then life gets in the way and I loose track of what I should be doing.

All of this talk about baking is making me want to go bake some cookies. I just used all of my gift cards from Bed and Bath from the wedding to buy a new mixer. Wow, they are expensive. I still had to pay some for it, but I needed it!! I have been borrowing my mom's when I needed it. Now, I need to find something to make (and cookies are sounding really good right now).

I hope you all had a great Saturday.

Morning-

Today is BC/BT. The last workout in Cathes November rotation. I checked my workout log last night and found I have been doing this series for 6 weeks. So I think this is a good time to move onto something else.

Gin, I will be starting the December rotation tomorrow with DM cardio blast premix. So I will be a day behind you.

Robin, how is your leg feeling today, any better?

Lara, thank you for pm'ing me, I got it!:) What kind of mixer did you get- kitchen aid? I have been eyeing the 500watt stand mixer for a long time, maybe one year "santa" will come through.;-)

PYGFO Check-in

Good morning, PYGFO Sisters! After faithfully finishing Cathe’s November rotation yesterday morning, I am enjoying a rest day today. I am looking forward to starting Cathe’s December rotation tomorrow morning. I may substitute Butts and Guts for the Pyramid Lower Body floor work when that comes up because I miss Butts and Guts. I am not sure if I will do High Step Training either as that is not my favorite! I want to challenge myself to try running this month when it is on the rotation. It sounds like a good excuse for a new pair of shoes! LOL!

The Christmas celebrations start with a party tonight. I need to master moderation with my eating this month! Have a fun Sunday!

Michelle, I will “see” you in the morning for the Drill Max cardio blast! I am sending you a PM.

Gin, I will be a day behind you too.

Robin, I hope your knee is feeling better.

Lara, happy baking!

Liann, happy belated anniversary! I hope you enjoyed the concert.

Laura, where are you? I am so glad the Texas weather has returned to normal. I hated that cold stuff that arrived on Thanksgiving. Brrrr. I definitely like it hot!

Hugs to Allison, Tess, and Carolyn.

Blessings,
Heather B.

“So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God” (1 Corinthians 10:31 NIV).

RE: PYGFO Check-in

Good Morning PYGFOers!

Today I decided to do MM upper body instead of DM drills. I did so much cardio yesterday and will run tomorrow. MM was harder than I remembered.:p I was able to do the same weights as Cathe for most of it, except back. I have to be careful with my back.

Robin--I hope your knees are better. Keep us posted!

Lara and Michelle--Glad you will be doing the Dec. rotation also.

Heather- (or should I call you The Shoe Lady?);-) I agree with you on the warmer weather. It is nice and warm today here in TX!:) I love to run. Hope you enjoy it also.

Have a great day!

Hey you guys,

Just a quick hello as I run in the door and out again!! Weekends are just impossible anymore!

BTW, does anyone here watch Desperate Housewives?? Tonight is going to be the best episode ever. something about a tornado ro hurricane or soemthing. I have a houseful coming to watch and we are all buzzing about it. It's the only show I am addicted to. Mindless TV is good for emptying the brain once in a while!! ( right Tess? Dr. Phil, remember? LOL)

Liann: I am so very gald that the dogs are doing better!! I know how much they mean to you.

Michelle and Gin and Lara: have fun with that rotation. It sounds good to me! I just never do a rotation especially now that I teach because that adds 6-8 more cardio sessions to my routine so my home workouts usually consist of mostly weight work with maybe a little KB'ing because I love it so much.

Robin: Baking, huh? Now, do you freeze the cookies you bake now? I always bake with the boys for Christmas but I usually wait until they are off from school and then it's a baking frenzy of gigantic proportions. I have not eaten one cookie I have baked in almost 7 years!!! I do LOVE to smell them though, I admit. I think I gain about 2 pounds just from smelling them though. and I'm not kidding!

Heather, way to go on the success! Keep up the good work, weight training is addictive... It is also sometimes the key to weight loss and maintenence and is the elemnt women most shy away from. I can't imagine a life without serious weight training now. Keep it up!!

Tess: Pat and Sean are coming into Atlanta for a stopover on Dec. 17th on their way to North Carolina. None of us have ever been to
Atlanta in our lives and suddenly we wind up there all the time! Funny.

BTW*** Michelle: They will be surprising our friend Peter from Hootie and the Blowfish at a gig he is doing solo at The Pourhouse in Raleigh. Peter just finished recording for my boys' album so they wanted to come see him. Then they will be visiting a friend in Durham which is also where Peter lives. Is any of that near you?? Just curious. You and DH should go see Peter if you are nearby! You can hang out with my guys!

Carolyn, Laura, and anyone I missed, have a great rest of the weekend! Gotta get a move on!

Hi Again!

Vicki!--I didn't realize that you were a Desperate Housewives addict also. I love that show. It is halarious! DH knows not to interupt me on Sunday night from 8-9pm...HA! I don't know anyone here that watches it, but would love a "watching party". Fun! You have such willpower to stay away from homemade cookies. My weakness for sure. Hey, since you are a trainer.....I have a friend who wants to start working out again, but is very tiny (think Cathe size) and doesn't like to lift weights for fear of bulking up. She says she gets very ripped, very quickly and hates that look. Would you suggests just cardio or cardio and very light weights (5# or less)?
Thanks!
Gin

Hello.

I started this morning with B&G. I went to lunch with my parents and then did grocery shopping. It always takes SO LONG b/c I have to go 2 stores (a Natural Food Store and a Wal-Mart Neighborhood Market). It was so cold here today toox( I am not happy about the cold!! After I unloaded the groceries, I did Amy's Hi/Lo Dome (all of it). It was a fun workout day.

Michelle...I have also been doing the 4DS a lot lately. I love it so much, but I should probably work in some of the other workouts so I don't get burned out (and my body needs a change). I haven't done the weight segments as much as I have done the cardio though. I did get a Kitchen Aide, but not the 500 watt ( I didn't even see that one when I bought mine). I got the 10 speed 350 watt. It is very nice though :) I don't really do a lot of baking (because I eat it ALL), but I am ready to bake now for all of these Christmas parties!!! I hope "Santa" comes through for you this year!!

Heather...Yes, definitely, I think you need a pair of new shoes!! I am always an enabler when it comes to shopping:)

Gin...I agree. MM is always harder than I remember! I guess I will be 2 days behind the rotation. I won't be able to do DM tomorrow b/c I won't be home untill 10 tomorrow night. We have another basketball game tomorrow after my 12 hour day! I am not Vicki, but I am a PT and I would not recommend no weight at all. Even if she does bulk up quickly, there are so many benefits to weight training. Maybe she could concentrate on higher reps, less weight for endurance/strength versus heavy weight for increased strength/muscle mass.

Vicki...YES, I watch DH. I love that show (in fact I am watching it right now since I DVR'd it). I keep having to hit rewind though b/c I am typing this and keep missing what they are saying. How fun to have a watch party!! I am having one by myself with a glass of red wine:9

Okay, I have to start doing some work:( I really don't like Sunday nights b/c I have to get ready for the work week. I hope you all had a great weekend.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.