PYGFO Tuesday Sept 11

buffettgirl

Cathlete
Morning PYGOFers. I forgot what day it was until I typed today's post title. A moment of silence....

Michelle, thanks for all the video clips. They are so much fun to watch.

Jacque, is your 2 year old any better? My 10 month old grandson has a cold, along with everyone else. I hate hearing him cough and gag.

Vicki, did I miss something? Are you going to Atlanta? When? Will you get together with the Atlanta gang? How are your business plans coming? How are the boys? Nosy, aren't I?

Gin, how far away is Austin from you? I've always wanted to go there. I hear it is a lovely place. I've never been to Texas. I tried to talk my DH into making a trip there last spring, but he wasn't interested. Someday...

Well ladies, no workout for me again today. My cold is still holding on and I have a meeting at church in the early evening, so I doubt if I'd have time anyway. I'll be exhausted from work anyway. I will be working with a student today and that always wears me out. God bless anyone who can teach all day everyday. I sure couldn't. Uh oh, where did the time go. Gotta run. Later.

Good morning...

I will be heading to the basement for a quick workout of KM.

Hey Robin. I'm sorry you are a sick girly... that really stinks. And to have everyone else sick. I hope Greyor gets better soon. There is nothing worse than hearing a baby sneeze and cough, I agree. :-( So, let's see.... yes, I'm going to Atlanta to see Tess. I am so psyched!!! Next month can't come soon enough. Next you and I need to have a get together. We're not that far apart. We should really try and meet at Cathe's gym, maybe even Phyllis and Liann??? Liann isn't that far away, right? Next: business plans are coming. I am anxiously awaiting my next course which is my Fitness Nutrition Coach certification. It is on the way. DH is going out this morning to price out some of the work needed to be done to start construction on the entrance to the w/o room. Boys are great! They played a couple of gigs this past weekend and are getting ready to start recording at the the end of October. They are actually missing some school for a while, but we are working with the school to make it as smooth as possible. Thanks for bing nosy... you know I love it!!

So, today is of course a sad day. I will actually be heading down to NYC in a couple of hours for the memorial. I don't know if I have mentioned this before, but my DH was there that day. All of the NYPD were summoned, and DH was scheduled to work at 3:00 that day, but he had to leave our house at 10:30 A.M. It was quite horrible. At that time right after the 2nd plane hit we didn't really understand what was happening fully and we ran to get the kids from school because we didn't know if the Stewart Military base would get hit which is right near our house. So, I begged him not to go, but he had no choice and my older boys were clutching on to him and screaming "don't leave" but in to HELL he went. I only saw him once the rest of that first week or so. He was doing things like digging out body parts and looking for any survivors. They called it the "Bucket Brigade" I remember when he came home he had a smell that I won't ever forget. He lost 3 friends that day and one very good friend. He spent the next few weeks back and forth there. When one of the other buildings fell the next day, he had to run from it. I was so panicked when I saw it happen on the news, but he called me right after and he was okay. I could go on and on about how hard that time was, but I know everyone has their own story to tell about that day. He had developed asthma and needed an inhaler for a while, but he is better now. He just had a body scan as they are recommending for rescue workers now and he got a clean bill of health, thank GOD. He is one of the lucky ones so far. However, he has changed so much seeing what he did. I don't think he could ever be the same.

Anyway, I hope you all have a day of remembrance and peace. {{HUGS}} and love...

Good Morning!

Today was HSC and it was fun and challenging!:7

Robin--Sorry you and GS both are sick. Hope you feel better soon. We are about 3 hours N of Austin. We don't get there very often, but everyone loves it and a lot of people want to live there. Of course it is a big college town and the capital, but also very scenic with rolling hills and views of the lake. Their motto is "Keep Austin Weird" if that tells you anything.:D

Vicki--It is certainly a day of remembrance. I know it hit closer to home for some and especially those that lost loves ones. We were only able to see the tragedy on tv. I am thinking of you and so many others today.

Gin:)

Morning-

Robin, hope you feel better soon. You looked great in your picture on the OAL thread, I think it was Sunday? Very pretty:)

Vicki, did you forget who else was going to be in Atlanta with you?!

Gin, HSC is on my schedule this week. It has been a while since I did that one.

I was watching GMA this morning, they were talking about some of the people who died on 9.11.. When they talk to young kids who lost someone...just heartbreaking, that is what is hard for me to watch.

Hello ladies. Last night's workout was Intense Moves with Gin Miller. WOW is all I can say. Very easy choreo but very intense workout. This one is a keeper. Tonight will be Shape it Up. Again, I opted to sleep in this morning instead of work out. Not because I didn't sleep last night, but because I didn't get to sleep until about midnight. I went to bed early enough but DH decided to make some Indian rice pudding late last night and had a little incident burning the butter that I couldn't ignore. :)

Wow, so today is Sept. 11. It doesn't seem like it was 6 years ago. Thinking back on the impact that this event had on so many people just gives me chills. Vicki, your husband is a hero in my mind and I am so thankful that he hasn't had to deal with any of the physical issues that so many are dealing with. I am sure his emotional scars run very deep. I can't possibly imagine going through what he went through that day and during the aftermath. An acquaintance of mine through work was in the 104th floor of the 2nd tower and he didn't make it. It was so harrowing to know someone and grieve for them, but I can't imagine having 3 friends lost.

So yes, Vicki and Michelle are coming to Atlanta to visit me on 10/4! I can't wait. I am taking them to the aquarium and the spa and cooking for them. Vicki is going to lead us in one of her cardio/sculpt classes. I'm not sure I can handle it. :) They will be so spoiled they won't want to leave.

Robin - so sorry you are still sick. Just rest and try to get better. I need to check out this OAL picture!

Gin -glad you enjoyed HSC! I haven't done that one. I've done HSTA - is it like that? Where in TX are you? DH and I almost moved to Houston before we settled on Atlanta.

Liann - I'm still waiting for the hatchling picture. :)

Robin - I hope your cold lets go quickly! I'm sure you will be very tired by the time you finally get home tonight. :( Hopefully, you will sleep like a baby and get some of your energy back!

Vicki - Wow, sounds like your DH went through a lot. :( I was in Columbia, MD, at the time and my dad worked at NSA. I remember being terrified that Baltimore or NSA was going to get hit next. At the time, no one knew where it would end. Your DH is a HUGE hero in my book! If you gals have a get together up here, you'd better let me know!!! How far are you from Robin, Vicki??

Gin - Glad you had fun with HSC! That is one of the workouts I have yet to do. So many workouts, so little time. :(

Michelle - It is very heartbraking seeing the stories. I especially have a hard time with the ones where the women had small children and lost their DH's. Those little babies will never know their dads. :(

Tess - You must take pictures of your get together!!! Here's my baby as requested:

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y170/aljack_78/AlbinoSmall-1.jpg

He is very tiny, fits in the palm of my hand.

Not sure what workout I am going to do tonight. I spent all of last night helping DH edit his first paper for his grad class. Fun times...

Liann- he is a cutie pie...can I say that about a snake? I meant to tell you I looked at your PT with all the snakes, and your doggies:) It made me want a little dog, for about a minute;-)

Tess-Indian pudding sounds good...I take it your DH likes to cook? I don't allow mine to cook anymore, he makes too big of a mess, and does not know how to clean up(to my standards):+ :7

Well, my workout today was BC. I figure my obliques will be screaming tomorrow}(

Now time for lunch...:9

Liann - awww, he really is cute! I think I would actually hold that one as long as he fits in my palm.

Michelle - yeah DH likes to cook as long as it's something he's interested in. He loves indian food so we've been experimenting with that. He usually does OK if I am supervising, but if I don't, he tends to get too "creative" and things just don't go too well, KWIM? He does have a few things he makes very well consistently so I let him have at it. :)

Wow, the trip to Atlanta sounds wonderful. Sure wish I could join you. Someone suggested maybe some of us making a trip to the Philly area in the spring to visit Cathe. I think it may have been Tammy (oldfirmie) who lives in the Albany area. I'm not exactly sure where Vicki lives, but I bet it is close enough to plan a GTG.

Vicki, hugs to you and your DH. I know how choked up I get remembering it all and I didn't know anyone directly involved. Please thank your DH from me.

I'm feeling a little bit better this afternoon, so I'm pretty sure I'll be able to get a workout done tomorrow. See you all then.

Wow, Vicki. There are just no words that can convey the depth of your experience or our sympathy to you. My family experienced 9-11 from overseas. It was surreal, watching it all on the international CNN channel and feeling a world away.

Our senior pastor's birthday is today and I feel sorry for him and anyone else that has a reason to celebrate today when everyone else is grieving. That's got to be hard.

My terrible sore throat turned out to be a real strep infection. I just finished my antibiotic. It has been a long, recovery road, and I'm still not feeling good. We did manage to go to the wedding--I'm so thrilled I was at least well enough to go. But I'm still going slow!

I'm jealous of your Atlanta get-together. Vicki and Tess, I just didn't get enough time with you girls. We keep saying it, but there were so many lovely women and just so little time. It's nice to have these forums to stay in touch. We TX gals are planning and looking ahead. :) I leave for CO on Thursday, but maybe when I get back . . .

I'm still dreaming of working out. I laid there in bed with my sore throat and pre-viewed DVDs that I bought in NJ! :)

Hey you guys.

I'm back. What a day. I need to not really think about it for a bit, but first I wanted to clarify something I wrote earlier.

I was writing before on the OD about 9/11 in the "Where were you..." thread. DH came in as I was writing and corrected me about something. I must have remembered it kind of wrong... The other tower that he ran from didn't fall, the alarms sounded that it was going to fall, but shook and never actually fell. The rescue workers all ran and because they were on the piles of debris they all fell over each other and were covered in it. Anyway, I just remember seeing the whole scene on TV and the phone call afterwards from DH telling me he was okay, but I thought it actually fell that night. They tore that building down later because it would have fallen on it's own.

Anyway, just wanted to get that straight. I'm actually a little surprised at myself for remembering it different. Between us, DH does not talk about that time in detail at all anymore, so my memories are all I have. He just says he did what anyone would have done and he's nothing special. Of course in my book he is a hero, one of MANY!!! But he is very humble about it all. I worry sometimes that he doesn't talk about it. But then again, he doesn't always say alot about our DS that passed away either. I guess alot of men are like this. Sad. We women like to get it all out. Actually, writing about things to you guys has been extremely helpful to me lately. So, thanks.

Laura: feel better! You do not need to be sick with moving and all!

Gin: thanks for the thoughts and well wishes. We were all affected that day, whether it be personally or as a country. It was just a tragedy for us as human beings.

Okay, one more thing... Liann and Robin, I live about 2&1/2 hours from Philly. We have family there actually. I am about the same time or a little more form Cathe's gym ( I'm in Orange County NY) so I could absolutely do a get together in Philly or meet at Cathe's gym. Either way. Just say the word and I'm there!!!

Good night all.

Hello everyone.

I haven't posted in awhile. I have been working LONG hours and then I have a ton of paperwork to do at night. I still have work to do after I post. My workouts have even suffered:( I was able to fit in LoMax plus Blasts and HSTA. I had to make up for not working out the past 2 days.

Wow, 9/11. Is it even possible it has been 6 years?? What a day of rememberance.

Robin...I hope you get over your cold soon. I hope you feel well enough to get in a workout tomorrow.

Vicki...Oh my, I can't even imagine what your DH went through that day. I am so thankful for people like your husband that were able to help with search and rescue. I am also so glad he is healthy.

Gin...I love HSC. I did HSTA for the first time in many months and forgot how much I liked it.

Michelle...I agree, it is so disheartening to hear the stories of so many children who lost someone that day. I hope you enjoyed BC. I think I want to put that one in my rotation soon. It has been awhile for that one. I opted for HSTA today b/c it had been even longer since I did that one!

Tess...I am glad to hear your review of Gin Miller's video. I have debated about this one for awhile. It is always so hard for me to order anyone other than Cathe. I am always happy when I can find a DVD (other than Cathe) that makes me feel like I had a good workout. Tess, I am sorry to hear about your friend. How fun to have RTers over to your home!! Let us know how it goes!!

Liann...Thanks for sharing a picture of your baby!!

Laura...I hope you feel better soon. I remember you telling me about the new DVDs you had ordered on the RT. Hopefully, you will have the combos down and be able to fly through them when you feel better:)

Okay, it is very humbling to hear all of your stories and experiences about 9/11. Words cannot express the meaning of this day-now, and forever.

I hope you all have a great day tomorrow. I hope to "see" you all (or ya'll) tommorrow :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.